MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

Sure, a lot of homosexuals act like self absorbed jerks, but a lot of them are also the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

That is what everyone seems to think but no large group of people is sweet and nice, although I'm not saying they are all mean. Once again I'm not hurting your cause I'm not helping it though.

Edited by Wantdew

Honestly I'm for gay marriage but I'll still shop at Chik-fil-a not because of their stance but the fact the company stays true to what it was founded and that was on a very fundamentalist christian belief system.

No Chik-fil-a is open on sunday because in the bible it states that the seventh day is for rest.

So what if the family and the buisness they own then spend part of the profits promoting something that they fundamentally believe in? That is their freedom to do so and they are staying close to the ideals that Chik-fil-a was founded on.

I would lose respect if Chik-fil-a suddenly started to donate money to pro-gay marriage and pro-choice organisations because of public pressure. So many companies bow to that today that its just sad. Like the Hub and Hasbro changing a charecter because someone took the name derp as retarded and claimed it was offensive to mentally disabled people, when with several fans, including some who were mentally disabled, requested the charecter to remain the same.

A company that is not willing to stand by what it was founded on is just money grubbing. Yes all buisnesses are there to make money but the ones who make it through the quality of their products get the most respect from me.

Also in my area I'm a bit biased. Our public programing is partially funded by donations from Chik-fil-a. No other fast food place does that.

Honestly I'm for gay marriage but I'll still shop at Chik-fil-a not because of their stance but the fact the company stays true to what it was founded and that was on a very fundamentalist christian belief system.

No Chik-fil-a is open on sunday because in the bible it states that the seventh day is for rest.

So what if the family and the buisness they own then spend part of the profits promoting something that they fundamentally believe in? That is their freedom to do so and they are staying close to the ideals that Chik-fil-a was founded on.

I would lose respect if Chik-fil-a suddenly started to donate money to pro-gay marriage and pro-choice organisations because of public pressure. So many companies bow to that today that its just sad. Like the Hub and Hasbro changing a charecter because someone took the name derp as retarded and claimed it was offensive to mentally disabled people, when with several fans, including some who were mentally disabled, requested the charecter to remain the same.

A company that is not willing to stand by what it was founded on is just money grubbing. Yes all buisnesses are there to make money but the ones who make it through the quality of their products get the most respect from me.

Also in my area I'm a bit biased. Our public programing is partially funded by donations from Chik-fil-a. No other fast food place does that.

No one is asking them to make donations to pro-gay organizations. They could simply stop donating to anti-gay organizations as a more neutral standpoint and I would be happy enough to stop boycotting.

I never said the larger of the population, I said "a lot of people are jerks, a lot of people aren't". Regardless of sexuality, they're still human and deserve to be treated as such.

How many straight people cause bad business for companies that they don't like? So many people sue simply because they can. Take this for example: A thief broke into someone's house, got trapped in the garrage, being forced to eat dog food until the family arrived. Later, that thief sued the family and won.

People want a scapegoat, something to blame for national problems. So when they hear a story, like the one with the hotel, they are more than ready to blame the sexuality, rather than the individual.

On another note, I've never boycotted an industry because of their choices, whether I agree with them or not. However, since Chic-fil-a is an example, if they ever started supporting the physical harm of people and turning their head when people were murdered from hate crimes.. then, I would cease to go there.

Edited by Alse15

I never said the larger of the population, I said "a lot of people are jerks, a lot of people aren't". Regardless of sexuality, they're still human and deserve to be treated as such.

How many straight people cause bad business for companies that they don't like? So many people sue simply because they can. Take this for example: A thief broke into someone's house, got trapped in the garrage, being forced to eat dog food until the family arrived. Later, that thief sued the family and won.

People want a scapegoat, something to blame for national problems. So when they hear a story, like the one with the hotel, they are more than ready to blame the sexuality, rather than the individual.

On another note, I've never boycotted an industry because of their choices, whether I agree with them or not. However, since Chic-fil-a is an example, if they ever started supporting the physical harm of people and turning their head when people were murdered from hate crimes.. then, I would cease to go there.

Don't argue with me it's useless. I've seen the other sides point.

This is my point! Gays aren't the all holy people you guys think they are.

And nor, by the way, are you. Or me (I am mostly straight, and irreligious.)

No population is wholly evil; no population is wholly good. This applies to gays, Christians, Africans, Swedes, Americans, vegetarians, dragon breeders, footballers, doctors, policemen, children, people with red hair - you name it.

Religion being used as an excuse to consider ANY group evil is a canard.

Oh by the way - does the name Gene Robinson ring any bells with Christians on the bigoted side of the fence ? Is HE evil too ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

This is a debate, not an argument. I gave my side, you gave yours, I rebuttled, you rebuttled and so on. My opinion is firm, yes, but I've believed the way I do since I was just a little girl, before I had gay friends.

I am trying to understand the other side's side, but the thing I can't wrap my brain around is how not just one group, but many, can completely overlook someone's humanity and treat them like animals simply because of a disagreement,

I am trying to understand the other side's side, but the thing I can't wrap my brain around is how not just one group, but many, can completely overlook someone's humanity and treat them like animals simply because of a disagreement,

I've seen their point but that part still confuses me.

The Bible says it, they believe it, and that settles it. When it comes to morality in regards to what God thinks, basically anything goes. After all, many Christians believe that eternal damnation for non-believers is justified or even if they got baptized wrong i.e. without being fully submerged.

I've seen their point but that part still confuses me.

This is were we differ. The reason I have not joined a religion is because if I am unable to fully understand something, I don't buy into it.

I think more time needs to be made for mutual understanding. Maybe then, the toll of violence and energy waisted on hatedred can be pulled down to a minimum.

Edited by Alse15

No... What if I told you guys that I was gay?

I'd still treat you the same. You're still you, you'd just like dudes. I'd be a bit confused on why you wouldn't want to fight for your rights, but everyone's different I guess.

Edited by St. Jimmy

How about everyone else? I wanna know if they would believe me.

I'm gay. I don't hide it. This forum is one of the most accepting places I've ever been at. No one here has said a single hurtful thing to me about my sexuality (-waits for hateful messages-). Unfortunately, the outside world isn't like this.

I managed to basically ignore the whole chick-fill-a thing until a couple days ago. Someone I respected made a hateful comment about homosexuality in support of chick-fil-a, and I lost it. I spent an entire night being absolutely miserable.

At comic con, there were "christians" out protesting against gays. Protesting against everything, I think. I'm going to hell, according to them.

Wantdew, if you are gay then that's cool. If you aren't, that's cool too. No one here will care either way. You will get support if you are, I can promise that.

Edit: My spelling is terrific. So is my grammar.

Edited by kiffren

I'd hesitate to believe you, honestly, but I could believe it in time. Of course, the two of us are wired very different. If I was in a group that was being walked over, I'd make sure my voice was heard on how much I hated the opression. But, you don't seem very passionate about your opinions, besides to be neutral.

My question is after all I've said against gays would you all truly believe me? This isn't spam because no one has efficiently answered my question.

Well besides Alse...

Edited by Wantdew

I'm gay. I don't hide it. This forum is one of the most accepting places I've ever been at. No one here has said a single thing hurtful to me about my sexuality (-waits for hateful messages-).

You're a mod user posted image

My question is after all I've said against gays would you all truly believe me?  This isn't spam because no one has efficiently answered my question.

Why wouldn't we? It is not uncommon for people to hate themselves. I know of at least one person who has confessed in private that he is attracted to guys. Yet he spends every day saying how much he hates gays and how gay marriage is wrong. I feel sorry for him more than anything else.

However, it seems that a bunch of people have already answered this question. Rephrasing it is just going to get the same answers, will it not?

@Alpha1: I'm the most rainbowey of rainbowey mods. ;-)

Edited by kiffren

I'm not actually gay. But most of my opinions come from my very gay friend, he is a little perverted(by that I mean very) and gay.

My question is after all I've said against gays would you all truly believe me? This isn't spam because no one has efficiently answered my question.

Well besides Alse...

I said I'd hesitate, that doesn't mean I couldn't eventually believe you. In fact, I could see why someone who is gay would nip at their own sexuality. I know people who are christian and say they hate chistrians. It isn't meant as hypocracy but just that they hate the people who follow the religion because of their actions versus hating the religion itself.

Off topic but I think I should start a religion based on neutrality. Any supporters?

Off topic but I think I should start a religion based on neutrality. Any supporters?

Please keep this on topic. Posts about religion should go in the religion thread.

The last thing anyone needs is more religion.

Also, you seem to be under some sort of impression that we must be neutral if we've looked at all sides of an argument. It's entirely possible to look at all sides, and choose one.