MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

If this video hasn't been shared yet, it definitely should be:

I found it very inspiring. smile.gif

I liked the video.

People can not help who they are attracted to and love. Yes, people need to realize this. I also see no harm that black and whites marry or marry any other race. Yet here in the USA, many people frown upon it. We are all humans and we all bleed the same blood. Americans are some of the worst hypocrits I know though.

Shiny Hazard Sign

If my adult children were gay, I would not have a problem with them showing affection in my home what so ever. My gay friends do it in my home and will kiss.

As far a groping and making out doing other things, that should be behind closed doors.

Edited by ~Kat~

Shiny Hazard Sign

If my adult children were gay, I would not have a problem with them showing affection in my home what so ever. My gay friends do it in my home and will kiss.

As far a groping and making out doing other things, that should be behind closed doors.

That is good. And I agree, and that extends to everyone of every sexuality. Not many people want to see such deeply intimate interactions by any people, so I agree with you.

Crime rates raised in the States until the mid-90s, at which point they began falling again, to a level comparable with the early 70s, and still falling. Homicides in particular are lower than they were in 1960.

Sources: US Bureau of Justice Statistics (2004), Federal Bureau of Investigation, (2010)

And Wantdew, when gays are being denied rights because they can't get married, then yes, I do think there is something wrong with not supporting it. They don't have equal rights, and it isn't just about being able to get married -- it's about the rights that come WITH marriage that gays have no way of accessing.

The only RIGHT the aren't getting is a certificate. C'mon, just because you are supporting Gay Marriage doesn't make you a GOOD guy.

The only RIGHT the aren't getting is a certificate. C'mon, just because you are supporting Gay Marriage doesn't make you a GOOD guy.

No, you're wrong. There are thousands of federal rights that come with getting married that gay couples can't receive because they can't get married. Benefits that straight couples can get, which is completely unfair.

Ok, allow Gay Marriage for all I care. Just because you support it doesn't make you a GOOD guy!

Ok, allow Gay Marriage for all I care. Just because you support it doesn't make you a GOOD guy!

No one said it did, though being a "good guy" means you do what's right for everyone.

But supporting gay marriage doesn't make your character any better or worse. That's completely irrelevant.

Then why is everyone that doesn't support it considered BAD?????

Only one question mark will be necessary, thank you.

Because denying gay marriage is denying an entire subset of people their rights. Surely you understand why denying, say, interracial marriage would be bad.

Then I'm a BAD guy, OK. Why am I bad? I never did anything, I just don't support. Don't get me wrong I'm not against it.

Then I'm a BAD guy, OK. Why am I bad? I never did anything, I just don't support. Don't get me wrong I'm not against it.

Being against it and not supporting it are the same thing. When it comes down to it, this is an issue in how people vote. There is no middle option, no shades of gray when it gets down to a ballot.

I think what was meant to be said that if you're against- as in, trying to actively keep gay marriage from passing- that your morals are questionable.

If you're neutral on the subject, you're neutral.

I wouldn't vote on that ballot... I don't support, I'm not against it, they aren't the same!

I think what was meant to be said that if you're against- as in, trying to actively keep gay marriage from passing- that your morals are questionable.

If you're neutral on the subject, you're neutral.

/\

|

You understand my point...

Edited by Wantdew

Only one question mark will be necessary, thank you.

Because denying gay marriage is denying an entire subset of people their rights. Surely you understand why denying, say, interracial marriage would be bad.

Well I guess denying Poligamy, Rapist, Murder's and Drug sellers to our children are denying an entire subset of people their rights.

It seems like in this day and time, anything goes, is what I am trying to get to.

Well I guess denying Poligamy, Rapist, Murder's and Drug sellers to our children are denying an entire subset of people their rights.

It seems like in this day and time, anything goes, is what I am trying to get to.

Right, because loving someone the same gender as yourself is totally comparable to all of those things. Now it's your cue to find something to say about Hitler and Nazis.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Hitler was a brilliant man, but he used it in the wrong way by killing and his backward thinking, smile.gif

The point was that you are making a logical fallacy.

Your making one to.

To get this clear, I am neutral on this topic.

Edited by Wantdew

Honestly I don't see what's so wrong about polygamy. I know of some people who really have a happy three-way relationship. They're all consenting adults, I don't see what that should be illegal.

Are people involved in rapes consenting adults? Nope.

Murders? Nope.

Pedophilia? Nope.

So I don't see how any of that is comparable at all.

No you are.

So then explain to me how comparing gay marriage to rape and drug dealing is a legitimate comparison.

So then explain to me how comparing gay marriage to rape and drug dealing is a legitimate comparison.

Are you kidding me that has nothing to do with what I said!

[edit] I will edit my last post...

Edited by Wantdew

Are you kidding me that has nothing to do with what I said!

[edit] I will edit my last post...

They were referring to what Kat posted, and then you took part of the discussion about fallacies.

Honestly I don't see what's so wrong about polygamy. I know of some people who really have a happy three-way relationship. They're all consenting adults, I don't see what that should be illegal.

Are people involved in rapes consenting adults? Nope.

Murders? Nope.

Pedophilia? Nope.

So I don't see how any of that is comparable at all.

Just because groups of people consent, does not mean the rest of the population agree with their choice is all.

Again, I see marriage between 2 people, a man and a woman.

Your making one to. 

I was not addressing you with my discussion of fallacies.

There are plenty of things the "rest of the population" does which I do not agree with. Should we make them illegal, now, too?

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Just because groups of people consent, does not mean the rest of the population agree with their choice is all.

Again, I see marriage between 2 people, a man and a woman.

If the two people consent, what business it is of the rest of the population? It's their choice, not the population's. No one is getting hurt or harming anyone else. It's no one else's business.