Bear

Abortion

I also found this mind boggling image by probably the same people who think the same thing as above. I'll link it because it stretches the page:

http://christinsanity.tumblr.com/post/3086...dopting-a-brain

Excellent solution. "Adopt" a fetus without all the responsibility, then have the balls to claim naming rights. Yeah, that'll really help the mother. [/obvious sarcasm]

I'd name it Satan just for censorkip.gifs and giggles.

I really don't want to post these, but here are some of the stuff the republicans have come up with apparently in these few days-

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/north-...-to-make-aborti

I also found this mind boggling image by probably the same people who think the same thing as above. I'll link it because it stretches the page:

I just saw that. I mean ugh. Life in prison for a women/doctor that aborts a child to save her own life. So basically, all ectopic pregnancies. How would that even differentiate between miscarriages? Every miscarriage would be treated like a possible homicide trial.

any woman who obtained an abortion guilty of a homicide crime — even if it were in the case of rape or incest. Indeed, the bill Berg supported does not even contain an explicit exception if an abortion is necessary to save the woman’s life.

Excellent solution. "Adopt" a fetus without all the responsibility, then have the balls to claim naming rights. Yeah, that'll really help the mother. [/obvious sarcasm]

I'd name it Satan just for censorkip.gifs and giggles.

Apparently a child is a public resource!

Oh god xd.png you made me crack up hahaha!

Life in prison for a women/doctor that aborts a child to save her own life.
Which is why it doesn't make sense. Seriously, so I should just let a fetus live while I die? Does it not enter into their minds that if I die, the fetus dies too? Edited by ylangylang

Who in the world would have the audacity to name mine or anyone else's unborn child and 'spiritually' adopt it?

Conveniently the mother isn't even shown. The fetus resides in a balloon-like bag. I guess the mother isn't even a person.

In fairness, that piece of paper does mean nothing at the end of the day. It's a stupid concept yes, but on the flip side it means as little as me praying that a rabbit in a field doesn't get eaten by a fox tonight, and I shall call it Thumper. Unless the 'spiritual mother' actually confronts the real mother, in which case they're a raving lunatic.

Edited by Kestra15

In fairness, that piece of paper does mean nothing at the end of the day. It's a stupid concept yes, but on the flip side it means as little as me praying that a rabbit in a field doesn't get eaten by a fox tonight, and I shall call it Thumper. Unless the 'spiritual mother' actually confronts the real mother, in which case they're a raving lunatic.

Yeah, it's just that the concept of doing such a deed is just horrific to me. Just horrific.

After reading a bit of this topic, I am extremely glad to be living in SA. According to my PSHE teacher, if you need an abortion and go to the government, they will send you somewhere for it (I think she said for free). They won't tell your parents either, if you're under 18. I'm very happy to know I'm covered for abortion if I ever needed one performed. Plus one to the government, but they're still in the minus numbers. v.v'

I am pro-choice, by the way. tongue.gif

Edited by Chicogal

"So my rights end where my uterus begins."

"I'd have to agree with you on that."

...What. The. Actual censorkip.gif . I can't even say anything. Just... UGH.

If you think about it, it's actually quite simple. As a woman, my legs are the only ones with any semblance of rights. Above my uterus, the area from my stomach to roughly around my neck also has rights, except my breasts are exempt as they are, well, boobs, and my brain doesn't have any rights either since women don't have brains!

/sarcasm

Or our brains are just incapable of deciding what's best for our bodies. It's a good thing we have old men to decide that for us!

Or our brains are just incapable of deciding what's best for our bodies. It's a good thing we have old men to decide that for us!

Indeed, where would you be without us deciding what you think, do and say? Good thing we men are such experts on female biology, otherwise you'd be in loads of trouble!

Conveniently the mother isn't even shown. The fetus resides in a balloon-like bag. I guess the mother isn't even a person.

I want an invisible balloon bag baby!

If the people who came up with this were actually concerned about life, they should donate to The Red Cross, UNICEF, etc. Not to mention a lot (not all mind you) of the people who are pro-life support the war in Iraq and pouring more money into the military.

Not to mention a lot (not all mind you) of the people who are pro-life support the war in Iraq and pouring more money into the military.

Saw a great bumper sticker about that. "You can't be pro-life and pro-war".

It's so true. They care about an unborn fetus, sure, but that's it--once it's out, screw it.

Abortion is wrong in my opinion cuz who are you to decide if a child lives or dies. if you dont want the baby there are pleanty of people who would love to have it. there are many couples that cant have children of their own who would love to have a new baby girl or boy so my OPINION is that if your pregnant have the baby and if you dont want it give it to someone else.

Abortion is wrong in my opinion cuz who are you to decide if a child lives or dies. if you dont want the baby there are pleanty of people who would love to have it. there are many couples that cant have children of their own who would love to have a new baby girl or boy so my OPINION is that if your pregnant have the baby and if you dont want it give it to someone else.

user posted image

This is not a baby.

Adoption is a lot more complicated than that-first, lots of kids in the adoption system aren't properly cared for, the system is massively flawed, there's plenty of anecdotes in this thread that shows that. Not only that, but people do face social stigmas if they show signs of pregnancy when they aren't married.

Edited by ylangylang

even an embryo can be classified as a baby. life shouldnt be thrown away even if its just an egg and sperm in their mating phase. i understand that the adoption center is flawed but the only way for it to get better is by supporting pro life so that the adoption centers can get more funding so that they can buy better equipment and more caregivers.

Hey I noticed you're a guy. Will you ever be pregnant? Why do you have the right to choose a woman's personal reproductive choice for her?

And what about in the cases of rape, incest, or severe phobias?

even an embryo can be classified as a baby. life shouldnt be thrown away even if its just an egg and sperm in their mating phase. i understand that the adoption center is flawed but the only way for it to get better is by supporting pro life so that the adoption centers can get more funding so that they can buy better equipment and more caregivers.

You said that life shouldn't be thrown away even if it's just a egg and a sperm. That makes every woman under the age of 50 (approx.) a serial killer.

Edited by Snowytoshi

Depends on how you define personhood. For example, it's obvious that numerous cells in my body are alive, because if they were all dead, I would not be functioning properly. However, many of them will die today, that doesn't make me a murderer. Every time you scratch your head you're killing off skin cells.

Secondly, many zygotes are spontaneously aborted, same goes with fetuses. For example, someone might have a "disappearing twin" who apparently was re-absorbed into the mother's womb around 2~3 months. Does that mean that the mother was a murderer and the surviving twin a cannibal? I think not.

And no....I highly doubt that that's how adoption centers work, but I'm not an expert in that area, so I'm going to let other people talk about that.

whereas yes i am a man and i understand that i will never know the pain of childbirth life is still a gift that should never be taken away lightly. just because you dont want the child to live doesnt mean that you should be able to choose to kill it.

i am a simple male but i know that life is precious

rape: yes i know its wrong and people do it anyways and i think the censorkip.gif***s should be killed but why should the child suffer just because some man forced himself on you. who knows that child may become the president. not only would you be taking the life of an innocent but you may also be robbing someone of future dreams and ideals

Incest: again i know its wrong and its proven that defects happen in children born from said union but again not the childs fault so why should it die because of an unfortunate mistake or choice?

Phobias: thats what drugs are for xd.png to keep you knocked out till the whole painful process is over so you dont remember a moment of it xd.png

rape: yes i know its wrong and people do it anyways and i think the censorkip.gif***s should be killed but why should the child suffer just because some man forced himself on you. who knows that child may become the president. not only would you be taking the life of an innocent but you may also be robbing someone of future dreams and ideals

Incest: again i know its wrong and its proven that defects happen in children born from said union but again not the childs fault so why should it die because of an unfortunate mistake or choice?

Phobias: thats what drugs are for xd.png to keep you knocked out till the whole painful process is over so you dont remember a moment of it xd.png

1. You'll never know the huge psychological trauma people have after getting raped, and in a lot of cases having their body violated is not a good way to cope with the depression and psychological harm it causes afterwards. Who knows maybe the child would be the antichrist. Let's not talk about someone's future dreams and whatnot because you're relegating the woman's role from a living, breathing person who has her own wishes to some sort of incubator for a person. Not to mention that it seems that in a lot of states rapists can claim paternal rights over the baby, so that's hugely screwed right there.

2. In a lot of cases incest is the result of rape.

3. That's a lot of insensitivity there and I'm not going to say anything about it because first you apparently have no idea or concern about how people with a phobia of being pregnant feels and second I might get banned from the forums.

You said that life shouldn't be thrown away even if it's just a egg and a sperm. That makes every woman under the age of 50 (approx.) a serial killer.
And a lot of guys commit mass murders, killing millions and billions every day with that damned rubber protection! wink.gif Edited by ylangylang

Pro-life and for the death penalty.... What about the mother who may very well still be a child herself? I don't know about you, but I prioritize a living breathing adult over a clump of cells.

And it's not the mother's fault why should she carry an unwanted child?

That is quite frankly one of the most callouses statements I have ever heard.

What about people who believe in doing things naturally?

Or the fact that the mere idea of ever being pregnant may draw someone to consider suicide. Or do you propose just keeping them all knocked out for nine months?

Edited by Snowytoshi

as i said im just stating what i believe not wanting to get into a huge debate

to me Abortion is wrong because life is precious, Granted people who take life should be killed but people who unknowingly commit murder and those who cant do anything about it should not be condemned. if your going to argue for the sake of arguing then your not going to get anything accomplished i can see that all you people want to do is kill unborn kids who are helpless and alone so go ahead. you may as well put a bullet to the kid right after he takes his first breath.

as i said im just stating what i believe not wanting to get into a huge debate

to me Abortion is wrong because life is precious, Granted people who take life should be killed but people who unknowingly commit murder and those who cant do anything about it should not be condemned. if your going to argue for the sake of arguing then your not going to get anything accomplished i can see that all you people want to do is kill unborn kids who are helpless and alone so go ahead. you may as well put a bullet to the kid right after he takes his first breath.

Yet you support the death penalty. Those people were once fetuses too! OH WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR FETUSES!

No, we're not arguing for the sake of argument. We're arguing because the apparently lack of concern you and other people like you have for women, their rights over their bodies, and their will is quite frankly frightening.

Edited by ylangylang