Bear

Abortion

I didn't say I'd take their choice away. I just said that in my opinion it's wrong to use abortion solely as a birth control method. And I'm not talking about some young girl that got raped, or some girl in some back woods village in the congo that no one has ever heard of before with no electricity let alone birth control, I'm talking about grown women in the modern world that know full well what's available out there, see it on every TV channel, can get it, even for free, but don't bother and just go ahead and abort because it's convenient..over and over again, instead of using what's available to them on every corner to prevent pregnancy in the first place. To me, that's pretty contemptable. Sorry.

either irresponsible or incredibly naive is a little more wrong to me

What I call 'irresponsible' is not taking advantage of whatever birth control is out there and available to prevent pregnancy in the first place, thereby preventing an abortion for the sake of convenience.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I didn't say I'd take their choice away. I just said that in my opinion it's wrong to use abortion solely as a birth control method.

No no no no no no I wasn't talking to you, I can see YOUR point of view, it's just that I find the

I have very strong opinions and believe abortion is flat-out MURDER unless there is a rock-hard reason for it. And the only reasons I believe abortion is RIGHT is if the mother is in mortal danger due to her child.

this stance pretty annoying.

And yes, I do understand why people feel the way you do, but for me-I wouldn't trust a person who's using abortion as her primary birth control to have a kid anyways.

Ok, sorry about that. I thought that was directed at me. xd.png

No, I don't happen to think abortion is flat out 'murder' either. Sometimes there are justifiable reasons for it. There might have been a rape...sure, the kid is totally innocent, but the emotional burden on the mother to carry that kid might be something too hard to handle, the fetus might have some ungodly deformaty and wouldn't survive long anyway, etc, and the list goes on.

i do not think abortion should be allowed

Why? What are your reasons?

What right do you have over my body or any other women's body? Before you make a statement without any sources or reasons, consider- why should you use choose how I deal with my own body? What gives you the right to do that?

Edited by Snowytoshi

i do not think abortion should be allowed

...said the boy who will never, ever be pregnant.

I didn't say I'd take their choice away. I just said that in my opinion it's wrong to use abortion solely as a birth control method.

Actually, you did say that.

The only time I'm not pro-choice if it means abortion is the prime method of birth control.

If you're not pro-choice when abortion is used as a primary method of birth control then I take you at your word that you're anti-choice. I don't see an inbetween there.

Either you misspoke or the meaning of words have changed while I'm not looking. You don't have to agree with every choice a woman makes, and I'm not saying I'd agree with her choices either, but if you believe that she has the right to choose in any situation then you're pro-choice. Period.

What I call 'irresponsible' is not taking advantage of whatever birth control is out there and available to prevent pregnancy in the first place, thereby preventing an abortion for the sake of convenience.

I'd call that irresponsible as well. Did I give some indication that I don't?

Has anyone ever looked at pictures of an aborted fetus?

Would you mind linking it? The only pictures I found on Google search was bloody babies unsure.gif

Has anyone ever looked at pictures of an aborted fetus?

Most of those pictures are very much propaganda. Most of them have been edited, aren't at the age they say they are, or are in fact Voldemort.

I don't know whether that person knows that's Voldemort, or if they're honestly that stupid. huh.gif

Either way, I've seen some of the comments on that thing and holy crap the number of people who honestly believe it is saddening.

Would you mind linking it? The only pictures I found on Google search was bloody babies unsure.gif

I have looked and no matter what stage of abortion, it is gross in my opinion. I have tried to go to websites I thought were acurate, not made up. This is why, if someone has sex, and does not use protection and gets an abortion, I feel the way I do. Now if the protection fails you are using, or the life of the mother and a few others things, I can see getting an abortion as long as it is very early after getting pregnant.

THE BABY'S DEVELOPMENT

http://www.emmerich1.com/BABIES.htm

Vital Med Lab

http://www.imagesofabortion.com/exposed/pa...italMedLab.aspx

Images of aborted babies

http://www.spuc.org.uk/education/abortion/abortion-images

I totally agree with you.

Well put, and thank you.

I have some trouble beliving that some of those pictures of aborted babies are what they say they are.

I'm going to use the feet at ten weeks as an example.

1. They personally look like doll feet to me.

2. I know that in development for rabbits (I breed them and I'm comfortable using them to help me understand other developmental stages) at a similar stage for rabbits the feet would be formed but the toes wouldn't be indivdual and if they were lost (we had one that was mis-carried by the mom) at the same developmental time their legs are still connected together.

Now Rabbits do only gestate for 1 month so that will skew my thoughts a lot.

But we lost a baby two weeks in with one mom who's feet were still connected but was under-developed with weight and was missing ears and a mouth (the mom went on to birth a large litter so we know it was heavy litter size not genetics that contributed to the death of the baby)

3. No offense Kat but the one I clicked on is a pro-life site. I'd like to see these things from a medical site, prefreably from a large university, otherwise I take them with a grain of salt. A large grain.

brairtrainer,

I was trying to find a good medical site. When I have more time, I will try. It would be nice if anyone else could come up with a good site like that if you can.

I have some trouble beliving that some of those pictures of aborted babies are what they say they are.

I'm going to use the feet at ten weeks as an example.

1. They personally look like doll feet to me.

2. I know that in development for rabbits (I breed them and I'm comfortable using them to help me understand other developmental stages) at a similar stage for rabbits the feet would be formed but the toes wouldn't be indivdual and if they were lost (we had one that was mis-carried by the mom) at the same developmental time their legs are still connected together.

Now Rabbits do only gestate for 1 month so that will skew my thoughts a lot.

But we lost a baby two weeks in with one mom who's feet were still connected but was under-developed with weight and was missing ears and a mouth (the mom went on to birth a large litter so we know it was heavy litter size not genetics that contributed to the death of the baby)

3. No offense Kat but the one I clicked on is a pro-life site. I'd like to see these things from a medical site, prefreably from a large university, otherwise I take them with a grain of salt. A large grain.

I was going to say that- chopped up barbie doll xd.png

No offense or anything unsure.gif

looked threw all the sites,

unimpressed.

they didn't say why the fetuses were aborted, just that they were buried in a church yard.

I blinked yes, but that was because one of them reminded me of the epoliptic pregnacy my aunt had that almost killed her.

Show me a picture of a woman who killed herself and I'll start balling

why?

she's a human being, with a life, a future and possibley a family or friends who loved her.

The fetuses?

They had the potential to ruin their mother's lives, had a birth defect that would make live impossible, were from rape, failed conception , or any other things.

And even if they weren't aborted they could of turned tumorous or died the day before the due date (my English teacher's son did)

Explain to me why a "could of been" should have rights over a "is now"

The thing I don't like about using aborted babies' pictures is that they ARE supposed to be gross. It's supposed to evoke a pathos response leading to kneejerk reactions, instead of a logos response involving any sort of rational thought. How successful this is depends on the type of person. I don't like to look at those websites for the same reason I don't like to look at pictures of LASIK being preformed. I'm a squeamish person, but this doesn't affect my views on abortion.

Can anyone agree with that statement above?

Yes, I agree that such behavior is irresponsible.

That said, I also think they should be allowed abortions, because they are clearly not responsible enough to have a child.

The thing I don't like about using aborted babies' pictures is that they ARE supposed to be gross. It's supposed to evoke a pathos response leading to kneejerk reactions, instead of a logos response involving any sort of rational thought. How successful this is depends on the type of person. I don't like to look at those websites for the same reason I don't like to look at pictures of LASIK being preformed. I'm a squeamish person, but this doesn't affect my views on abortion.

Abortion is gross though. Think about it for a minute.

When you kill something, unless you use something that does not cut into the skin and make it bleed, or cut it up into pieces, it is going to be gross. Using a gun is not pretty either on people or animals, but I guess it depends on the gun, and what caliber gun, and how many times you shoot it.

Things like euthinasia, smothering, drowning, just a few examples would not be as gross to look at.

Abortion is not a pretty site.

Still some of those pictures that you see on all the websites where they do an abortion at older weeks is very ugly. Abortion is often done later than it should be.

Edited by ~Kat~

I can, BUT sometimes its what is avalible. From my own perspective I wasn't able to first see an OBGYN until I was 19. Why?

My mom wanted me to go to hers (I'm not comfortable with a guy who is not my SO seeing my lady parts) or go to the woman OBGYN in town who shared her practice with a friends dad (can you say akward?)

I had to go to someone close to my college for my first visit and I already know that normal bc probably won't work for me (my mom got migranes on the pill, my sister got migranes and vision problems).

Because of that I'm nervous to try any sort of hormone method because it could affect me getting around. That being said I'm open to other options but because I'm 19 what may be avalible is limited.

However, I think what you meant was someone who knew how to get birth control, condoms, etc etc. (And knew how to use them, to) but didn't bother because they were lazy or they just thought they could get an abortion instead. To me, people like that are truly irresponsible.

You are correct, and that is what I mean SilverX7Studios

I am all for abortion depending on the issue as I have stated before.

I have not eaten either, enjoy yours, laugh.gif