Jump to content
Bear

Abortion

Recommended Posts

I would like to note that a woman, Marshae Jones, was shot and survived but lost her 5-month fetus, and was convicted of manslaughter because of it while the shooter was let go. Because "she started it".

 

https://revolutionarykoolaid.tumblr.com/post/185890597603/

 

If you want more facts you can Google them as the case has been updated, but this is still unthinkable to have happened at all. Anti-abortion laws prioritize a mass of cells barely even alive over a thinking, feeling, intelligent person with their own needs and desires, and are extremely easy to twist so uterus-bearing people must either obey the whims of faceless lawmakers even in their private life or risk being punished for something as simple as a condom breaking.

Share this post


Link to post

I am not against it. It is none of my business what a women decides to do with her body. Your body, your choices. It ends there for me.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

I would like to note that a woman, Marshae Jones, was shot and survived but lost her 5-month fetus, and was convicted of manslaughter because of it while the shooter was let go. Because "she started it".

 

https://revolutionarykoolaid.tumblr.com/post/185890597603/

 

If you want more facts you can Google them as the case has been updated, but this is still unthinkable to have happened at all. Anti-abortion laws prioritize a mass of cells barely even alive over a thinking, feeling, intelligent person with their own needs and desires, and are extremely easy to twist so uterus-bearing people must either obey the whims of faceless lawmakers even in their private life or risk being punished for something as simple as a condom breaking.

 

That is just incredible.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

^To give a quick update to the above story, the charges against her were dismissed, seems the DA responded to public pressure and let them go.

 

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/us/charges-dropped-alabama-woman-pregnant.html

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Share this post


Link to post

Well that's fantastic. /sarcasm
>:v Rage still exists because they never should have arrested/charged her to begin with! 

Share this post


Link to post

That was unbelievable that they charged her but not the shooter. I don't care if she started it or not, the other guy shouldn't have been waving a gun around.

Share this post


Link to post

Stories like this make me lose hope in humanity, not that i have much left anyway.

 

We should be glad medicine is so far that abortion is easier and much safer done then it was before, everyone pregnant should be able to use this oppotunity.

If you dont want a child, do everything possible for you to prevent it but that still is not 100% safe as life & people can be horrible.

 

Your body, your rules. Nobody has the right to do choices for you if you can do them yourself.

Share this post


Link to post

My Opinion

I'm not planning on having any kids, but if I do decide to I'm probably gonna adopt one. I'm not gonna go through the process of having my own kid, especially since there are so many orphans out there who need a family. If I ever get pregnant, I will immediately have an abortion. But I'm already planning on getting myself 'fixed' (mostly due to health problems), so I guess getting pregnant won't apply to me after I do that anyways.

 

Personally, I think that abortion should ultimately be the person's choice - if guys can get vasectamies(?), why can't women more easily get abortions? I know girls can get 'fixed' so they won't get pregnant ever again, but not everyone wants to go through that (mostly because once all the stuff is gone the girl will go through menopause and doing sexy time will probably be painful). Of course, there's also the factors of finances and such - I feel that, if you can't even take care of youself then you should not have any kids. Not only will it be that much more difficult for your situation, but the kid won't be given the best that you can give to them and you may even jeapordize their health in the process.

 

I know that people get more help from the government by having kids, but that is not a good reason to have one. Think about it - you're bringing a new life into the world, and all because you want more money. I have seen this happen, where people have a kid or two but then abuse/neglect them because they only did it for money. And I'm not even gonna get into the vicious cycles that this causes for everyone involved...it's just heartbreaking. I'm not saying you shouldn't get help if you're struggling and have a kid, but don't bring one into the world so you can cheat the system into your favor. It's disgusting, vile, and downright cruel.

 

So...yeah, Abortions should be legal for everyone in every country, and the person should have the choice of getting one or not. But that's not reality, though I do hope one day that comes to pass even if it's after my lifetime. Like I said people can already get 'fixed' so I see no prolem in having an abortion.

 

Buy you're destroying the life of a new person by doing it! They are still a person, even before they're born! - Well, this is not entirely true. I believe that fetuses beome a 'person' once they pop out, as that's when their body is fully developed. If it were true that they are a 'person' before their birth, then why do they still need to be inside the parent? Well, they need to stay in the parent because they couldn't survive otherwise - this depends on hor far along they are, but when they start out they are literally just a cell that is self-multiplying itself. They have no brain, organs, or even a body. If you were to pull that out, it would die immediately because it cannot sustain itself. It's literally a parasite, living off of the host parent. If you want to go on a spiritual level, the fetus deoes not gain a soul until they at least have a brain (because without conscience or sentience we are no longer human) so it's not like you're damning their soul to hell or anything like that. Again, a fetus is a parasite until their birth as they cannot sustain themselves without the host parent.

In short, for me a person isn't a 'person' until they develop their own brain and are eventually born. Before that, they are simply a parasite that the host parent has to deal with for the next few months or so.

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.916e74cbdb4d416081e4325c3d9744b5.png
I don’t know if the second part is true, but research has proved the first part correct many times. 
611qN1Iv6XL._SX679_.jpg

I don’t know about you, but I think it’s cruel. They say that unborn babies aren’t alive until they are born. That is not true.There have been many cases where while abortion, the doctors can see the unborn baby’s face all of a sudden become twisted and terrified. Have you heard how they remove the baby? They use giant tongs to rip it to shreds and then pull it out bit by bit. 
Oh, and those protesters? Did you know various news companies are filming hundreds and hundreds of pro abortion protesters and only filming like ten or twenty anti abortion protesters? This is meant to cause some viewers to join the pro abortion side because according to the news, they seem outnumbered. In reality, both groups are rather equal.

 

ok that’s my stance. Haters gonna hate.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iiDoubleDragDareU said:

 

Have you heard how they remove the baby? They use giant tongs to rip it to shreds and then pull it out bit by bit. 

 

 

Having had an abortion, I can state beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is false, particularly with regards to first trimester abortions.

 

In fact, the closest I've ever heard of something like that happening, it was something done in ancient Rome, and only as a last-ditch effort to save the life of a laboring mother if the fetus was stuck somehow. (Coming out shoulder first, or the head too large for the birth canal, etc. NOT done just because the woman didn't want a baby. If she hadn't aborted early on, and then changed her mind about wanting a baby, it was physically safer to have it and expose it after the birth. All of which was legal in ancient Rome.)

Share this post


Link to post

What she said - I have had one too. It's a LIE.

 

And yes the earth is grossly overpopulated - that is a FAR bigger problem than climate change. Sure you could fit us all into Alaska or whatever - but we couldn't live that way. And yes corporate greed is a dreadful problem - but that isn't the biggest issue - ghastly though it is.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What she said - I have had one too. It's a LIE.

 

And yes the earth is grossly overpopulated - that is a FAR bigger problem than climate change. Sure you could fit us all into Alaska or whatever - but we couldn't live that way. And yes corporate greed is a dreadful problem - but that isn't the biggest issue - ghastly though it is.

theres an argument to be made that corporate greed is the biggest contributor to climate change, but thats a discussion for another thread.

Share this post


Link to post

As a cis man, my opinion on abortion is simply irrelevant. It's not my place to have an opinion or any sort of governance on the topic of abortion.

 

your body, your choice.

 

Share this post


Link to post

You are the kind of man who should be running the country. (World actually.) Much kudos,. (y)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm also of the opinion that women should do what they want to do with their bodies. You want an abortion? Cool. You don't want an abortion? Cool. You agree with abortion? Cool. You disagree with abortion? Cool. Quite honestly, I'd say people against abortion are the ones in the wrong in the whole situation, but not because of their opinion. It's because they want to shove their opinion down everyone's throats by customizing the world as they see fit by limiting the options of others. It's totally ok if you disagree with abortion, your opinion is valid! But please worry about yourself and not worry about those who agree with abortion. You do your thing, you let other people do their thing, and leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

I'm also of the opinion that women should do what they want to do with their bodies. You want an abortion? Cool. You don't want an abortion? Cool. You agree with abortion? Cool. You disagree with abortion? Cool. Quite honestly, I'd say people against abortion are the ones in the wrong in the whole situation, but not because of their opinion. It's because they want to shove their opinion down everyone's throats by customizing the world as they see fit by limiting the options of others. It's totally ok if you disagree with abortion, your opinion is valid! But please worry about yourself and not worry about those who agree with abortion. You do your thing, you let other people do their thing, and leave it at that.

 

Wonderful post. 

 

Unfortunately in our society today, many people think like that with many different issues, abortion just one of them... They don't 'agree' with gay marriage so they want to force their opinion on others by not allowing it legally. They don't 'agree' with allowing children to express different genders, so they attempt to have those children taken away by accusing abuse or neglect. So many people seem to believe that *they* have the correct ideals and everyone else *must* be forced to follow those ideals. It's ridiculous, honestly. I live in America, which is supposedly the 'land of the free', and yet it seems like all anyone wants to do is control everyone else's behavior. You don't agree with something, you don't like the idea of something, that's fine! Avoid those people, avoid those ideas, live your life the way you want. DON'T attempt to control other people's lives based on your own personal views. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

I'm also of the opinion that women should do what they want to do with their bodies. You want an abortion? Cool. You don't want an abortion? Cool. You agree with abortion? Cool. You disagree with abortion? Cool. Quite honestly, I'd say people against abortion are the ones in the wrong in the whole situation, but not because of their opinion. It's because they want to shove their opinion down everyone's throats by customizing the world as they see fit by limiting the options of others. It's totally ok if you disagree with abortion, your opinion is valid! But please worry about yourself and not worry about those who agree with abortion. You do your thing, you let other people do their thing, and leave it at that.

 

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Wonderful post. 

 

Unfortunately in our society today, many people think like that with many different issues, abortion just one of them... They don't 'agree' with gay marriage so they want to force their opinion on others by not allowing it legally. They don't 'agree' with allowing children to express different genders, so they attempt to have those children taken away by accusing abuse or neglect. So many people seem to believe that *they* have the correct ideals and everyone else *must* be forced to follow those ideals. It's ridiculous, honestly. I live in America, which is supposedly the 'land of the free', and yet it seems like all anyone wants to do is control everyone else's behavior. You don't agree with something, you don't like the idea of something, that's fine! Avoid those people, avoid those ideas, live your life the way you want. DON'T attempt to control other people's lives based on your own personal views. 

 

Absolutely to both these. No-one is forcing anyone who doesn't believe in abortion to have one - they don't get to STOP me having one either. And as  one with a trans grandchild - ys indeed. The number of people who tell me I should not be supportive sickens me.

 

Live and let live. Oppress not those with whom you happen to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.