Bear

Abortion

[Citation needed, especially given how common mother-child blood-type/tissue incompatibility is.]

it's called fetal microchimerism, and, like most things, does have possible downsides. Here are a few reliable resources on this:

http://circres.ahajournals.org/content/110/1/3.full

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/...microchimerism/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633676/

http://www.livescience.com/20781-pregnancy-fetal-cells.html

Edited by Infinis

(They lack EEG until about the 13th week).

However, jelly *does* have an EEG. An EEG is not something you can hinge an argument for life on.

You don't have mine months to decide whether or not to donate blood, and I'm not inside of you. Fetuses don't form dying, they form living and based on the actions of the mother or the environment.

((Also, did you know that while you think you own your body you only own less than 10% of the cells that make you? The rest are bacteria. If the bacteria decided to not to want you as a host, you would die. (This actually had happened.) kind of a backwards abortion.))

Do you take antibiotics to KILL the living bacteria you have in your body when you have pneumonia ? Just curious. Poor little things.

You would have allowed them into your system by being wherever you were when they were in the air.... Do you wear a surgical mask at all times to prevent their using you as a host ?

Oh - and you will of course be vegan, if you value life so much ? yes ?

Another fun fact - stem cells can now be created from your own tissue in the lab - so all the need for stem cells thing just became moot as of last week !

Source

Edited by fuzzbucket

However, jelly *does* have an EEG. An EEG is not something you can hinge an argument for life on.

Jelly is not comprised of human cells. If it were, eating it would be cannibalism. The point was that in humans, one of the main ways we determine life is not by heartbeat. Brain dead people often still have a heart beat. So until a fetus gains something to distinguish it as alive (such as an EEG), it is nothing more than a pile of cells like the ones that make up my foot or something.

Jelly is not comprised of human cells. If it were, eating it would be cannibalism. The point was that in humans, one of the main ways we determine life is not by heartbeat. Brain dead people often still have a heart beat. So until a fetus gains something to distinguish it as alive (such as an EEG), it is nothing more than a pile of cells like the ones that make up my foot or something.

Still a bad argument - we do not allow people to remove their own bodyparts at will either.

Still a bad argument - we do not allow people to remove their own bodyparts at will either.

Wisdom teeth, circumsision and other procedures can remove things electivly though, meaning you chose to have it done or it is decided for you by your parents.

Actually I'm not aware that it is a crime to cut bits of myself out if I like...

Unless I happen to choose to stick a knitting needle into my uterus, in the time-honoured traditional way... WHY is that different ?

user posted image

To actually be pro-life in my mind isn't just about the abortion debate. It's about valuing ALL lives and giving support for them.

user posted image

To actually be pro-life in my mind isn't just about the abortion debate. It's about valuing ALL lives and giving support for them.

blink.gif

That's - horrible. Do people WEAR those ?

Of course we do.

Elective amputations after a serious injury that caused permanent damage to a limb but didn't require amputation are becoming more common as prostheses become better, as in the case of Scott Rigsby, the first bilateral amputee to complete an Ironman triathlon, who had his leg amputated 12 years after the accident which damaged it.

Or patients with Body Integrity Identity Disorder, who believe that they should have been born missing a limb (most commonly the left arm, though legs, fingers, even having their spinal cord broken aren't unheard of) and choose to have a doctor remove it in order to right the wrong. Though it's often hard for them to find a doctor willing to perform the procedure. Therapy and drugs so far have been unable to help the sufferers, and many resort to removing the limb themselves if they can't find a willing surgeon.

Elective mastectomies are becoming more and more common among women with a family history of breast cancer, as in the famous case of Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy.

It's also perfectly legal to have one of your own kidneys removed to donate, for example, or to undergo an elective hysterectomy or a sex change operation.

As long as a person is found to be sane and not a danger to themselves or others, I'm not sure what laws would stop them from removing body parts.

Wisdom teeth are pulled, hair is cut. A hysterectomy is the 2nd most common surgical procedure among women in the US (The first is a C-section). If I choose to cut off my own hand, nobody is going to arrest me. I could carve out my own organs and nobody would arrest me. People usually don't do that, though, because it HURTS. But its also not illegal.

blink.gif

That's - horrible. Do people WEAR those ?

I seen a few people where I live with these on and I wanted to see if it was a thing. Soh.yeaaaaaaah it is.

Satire ftw xP

Pudding: couldn't they baker act you though?

Edited by BlightWyvern

*coughs* that button above is actually satire.

*coughs* that button above is actually satire.

But still VERY accurate…. which is frightening.

they tried to pass a bill that would make it legal to murder abortion providers? Wow... just wow...

they tried to pass a bill that would make it legal to murder abortion providers? Wow... just wow...

That's totally pro-life. /sarcasm

sometimes i really wonder, if stupidity IS an entry-level-requirement for politicians in the US south.

sometimes i really wonder, if stupidity IS an entry-level-requirement for politicians in the US south.

Stupidity appears to be an entry-level requirement for politicians all over the US. It's not just southern politicians who are making up these insane laws.

At any rate I don't know why people can't just leave an individual's reproductive choices alone. It's not like it negatively affects the people who are against it in any way. It really just doesn't make sense.

South Dakota is in Midwest, not South, but Midwest is ill-interpreted-Bibleland, too.

This only motivates me more to move out of the US or into another state entirely that allows abortion smoothly. I'm not sure which is the best state for that though..

Alabama House passes stringent abortion restrictions, bill goes to state Senate

The Alabama House today passed a bill to ban most abortions in the state and make legal abortions difficult if not impossible. The bill now goes to the Alabama Senate.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin, R-Indian Springs, would require doctors to check for a fetal heartbeat before performing an abortion. If a fetal heartbeat is detected, the abortion would be illegal and a doctor performing one would be guilty of a felony.

Fetal heartbeats can generally be heard around 6-ish weeks. Many women may not even be aware they are pregnant that early.

Ladies of Alabama, my heart goes out to you.

That's horrible. I hope that bill gets turned around and dumped in the trash quickly. It's not preventing abortions, only causing unsafe abortions, where the mother may die in the process or get infections from the bad conditions.