Bear

Abortion

First of all, if a woman has serious health complications, has been raped, or another serious case, my party only then is alright with an abortion

Secondly, if you are going to endanger your life and the life you are carrying, then you have issues.

Thirdly if you refuse contraception, who's fault is that? Mine? Pro-lifers? No. It's your fault. Schools and programs country wide are trying to teach sexual education. You have little excuse.

Finally, the amount of deaths would be the same or lower. If a child is aborted or commits suicide it's still one death. If it isn't aborted and doesn't commit suicide it's two lives, the mother and the child. Death rates would be lowered.

1) mm

2) Go read back your point you just made with statement one. I can't handle the pregnancy than you can be hell of a sure I would do anything to terminate it. ESPECIALLY since making it illegal is so much "merrier". Yeah I'd put my own life on the line to get that parasitic THING out of me. I gladly will accept that I have issues beings I'm a tokoiophobic/lockiophobic partial misanthropist. But the REASON for me having issues would be if I had that thing growing in me would ultimately be it

3) It can be society's fault. Beings religious groups tend to think that sex ed...PROPER sex ed is "bad" or people who don't want their kids for whatever reason to learn proper sex ed. Pft. You been to 'merican public school systems that teach sex ed? Mine used scare tactics and only how abstidence was the only way to prevent pregnancy. OH! they also said birth control HARDLY EVER worked. wink.gif

4) That's so false it hurts and makes me laugh *read above posts*

Edited by BlightWyvern

If it's illegal then there will be more women that do it illegally, and making the abortion even more dangerous, to her it could kill her now, and that "precious" fetus too. Making it illegal is, to be blunt, stupid. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean people will abide to it.  wink.gif

And thats just it. It's people that are put in office that risk making abortion illegal so technically they ARE trying to make decisions for women.

I think they only want it illegal because to them it would be "outta sight, outta mind".

Disregarding and ignoring the fact that women will find other ways to abort.

Edited by GhostChilli

Nobody in the history of ever has been in favor of abortions in the way you're thinking. There are no pro-choicers out there cheering for the killing of babies.

WOO KILLING BABIES.

(kiddiiiiing)

Making abortion illegal will not make it go away. It will simply make it significantly more dangerous as women attempt to induce their own abortions or seek abortions from unqualified persons in unsanitary conditions (the coat hanger abortion is NOT a myth!).

This is exactly like prohibition, actually. Illegalizing alcohol didn't work, it just drove it underground and often into the hands of dangerous people. Prohibition was eventually repealed. I imagine the illegalization of abortion would turn out much the same way when we realize women would be dying from illegal ones far more than they did when it was legal.

Secondly, if you are going to endanger your life and the life you are carrying, then you have issues.

Some women are so desperate to not be pregnant anymore that they will resort to self-harm and even suicide to make it stop.

Thirdly if you refuse contraception, who's fault is that? Mine? Pro-lifers? No. It's your fault. Schools and programs country wide are trying to teach sexual education. You have little excuse.

The anti-choice side is the side that so often argues AGAINST contraception while failing to realize that the easiest way to reduce abortions is to PROMOTE contraception. There cannot be an abortion if there is no unwanted pregnancy to begin with.

Schools and programs teach this thing that doesn't work called abstinence. They teach abstinence along with common scare tactics such as "if you have sex you get AIDS omg." No. This doesn't work.

The things that DO work, however, are proper sex ed, that includes pregnancy, contraception, alternatives, and anything else necessary IN ADDITION TO abstinence. And, of course, widely available and affordable contraception.

Finally, the amount of deaths would be the same or lower. If a child is aborted or commits suicide it's still one death. If it isn't aborted and doesn't commit suicide it's two lives, the mother and the child. Death rates would be lowered.

Why is it even okay to think of putting a child into a situation where it may want to commit suicide at all? Why is this a thing?

Edited by Infinis

Hmmm... Let's start... Ummm- here.

"Again, no. You're not counting the mothers that will either die from complications and/or suicide or attempted self-abortion. You're not counting the children that die because their families cannot feed them. You say that the children that kill themselves would be the same number, but it isn't. The more children you push into this broken system, the higher chance these kids will kill themselves. The less children that exist as foster/orphans, the less likely they are to commit suicide."

You JUST contradicted yourself. You said you counted aborted fetuses in the number, now it's only the live orphans who commit suicide. Care to explain how a dead human is different from a dead human?

"No one said refuse contraception. Restricted access to it affects a lot of people, which, curiously, is the fault of many people who identify as pro-life. Huh."

Because it creates a lot of problems, for one. Just because it is illegal doesn't mean it's going to suddenly stop happening and women are going to want to be pregnant anymore than before it was illegal. It makes it dangerous. They will resort to any method they can, which will endanger their lives as well as their fetus. Women will kill themselves. Women will die from complications during birth because they were refused an abortion that would have saved their life. Families who have too many children because they were improperly educated or refused contraception will starve because they can't afford to feed their existing children. Children will kill themselves because they were given up for adoption and no one wants them because there are too many children in the system. It will cause way too much emotional, physical, and mental trauma.

You actually said it here, I even highlited it in red.

"If it's illegal then there will be more women that do it illegally, and making the abortion even more dangerous, to her it could kill her now, and that "precious" fetus too. Making it illegal is, to be blunt, stupid. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean people will abide to it.

And thats just it. It's people that are put in office that risk making abortion illegal so technically they ARE trying to make decisions for women."

Contraception is legal, yes? I agree, I should be cheaper, but it is a legal AND A SMART choice for those wanting to have sexual intercourse without the child involved.

"4) That's so false it hurts and makes me laugh *read above posts*"

Oh I did, I even responded. Read above post xd.png.

"I think they only want it illegal because to them it would be "outta sight, outta mind".

Disregarding and ignoring the fact that women will find other ways to abort."

Now who said we are disregarding this? Anyone care to answer? A name please?

"3) It can be society's fault. Beings religious groups tend to think that sex ed...PROPER sex ed is "bad" or people who don't want their kids for whatever reason to learn proper sex ed. Pft. You been to 'merican public school systems that teach sex ed? Mine used scare tactics and only how abstidence was the only way to prevent pregnancy. OH! they also said birth control HARDLY EVER worked."

Shame. Mine never did, they told us the wonders of CONTRACEPTION and CHILDREN.

"Why is it even okay to think of putting a child into a situation where it may want to commit suicide at all? Why is this a thing?"

Murder or suicide... Hmmmm... I'll let you pick.

"This is exactly like prohibition, actually. Illegalizing alcohol didn't work, it just drove it underground and often into the hands of dangerous people. Prohibition was eventually repealed. I imagine the illegalization of abortion would turn out much the same way when we realize women would be dying from illegal ones far more than they did when it was legal."

Cheaper contraception. Problem (mostly) solved.

Well, thanks for reading my responses guys/girls! If you have any questions you would like to ask, or would like to know me shoot me a PM! I'll be watching this thread! Take it easy.

Edited by Htt71

Nobody in the history of ever has been in favor of abortions in the way you're thinking. There are no pro-choicers out there cheering for the killing of babies.

THIS.

There seems to be a lack of understanding here of what "pro-choice" and "pro-life" really are. Pro-choice is NOT anti-baby. Pro-choice means wanting the woman carrying the fetus to have a *choice*, a say in what happens to her own body. The majority of women who get pregnant will end up carrying the fetus to term and will have their own child to love and care for. Pro-choice does NOT interfere with that. But if a woman cannot handle a pregnancy, for mental or physical reasons, that woman should be able to choose to end the pregnancy. That woman should be able to choose the healthy, sane path, instead of being forced to go through a pregnancy that may destroy her physically or mentally.

As others have said, making abortions illegal will do NOTHING good. Making abortions illegal may satisfy the beliefs/morals of "pro-lifers", but for the people it actually *affects*, it will be nothing but torture. No one in this WORLD will magically go "oh, well abortion is illegal now, so I guess I feel better about having this fetus inside me!". Uh, no.

What happens when people, in general, get backed into a corner? They lash out. They hurt others, they hurt themselves. What happens when a mentally unstable woman becomes pregnant and is informed that it's illegal to get rid of the parasite inside her? What happens when a woman becomes pregnant and has medical issues that have high risk of *killing* her if she waits out the pregnancy? What happens when people are backed into a corner because abortion is illegal thanks to people who will *never even experience* pregnancy? Yeah, there won't be less deaths just because abortion is "illegal" and therefore harder to get. There will be *more* deaths because seriously, if I can't control what goes on in my own BODY then I might as well be dead. There will be *more* deaths because making abortion illegal doesn't automatically make pregnancy women financially able to provide for a child. There will be *more* deaths because of every woman who puts a kid into the system instead of aborting.

To most "pro-lifers", there will indeed be less "death", in so much that there will be less fetuses aborted. And that's all they really care about. But in *reality*, if you actually take into account the *woman* that's pregnant, there is no possible way that making abortions illegal will make for less deaths.

Cheaper contraception. Problem (mostly) solved.

Really? I thought everyone else had already pointed out that contraception is *not* the only variable, here. Cheaper contraception won't do anything for the young women who were *taught* misleading forms of sex-ed, and therefore don't even *know* what contraception is or how it works. Or that it's even needed. Cheaper contraception won't dismiss the fact that contraception itself isn't 100%. Women can *still* get pregnant while on birth control, or using condoms, etc. I have to assume the "mostly" is regarding rape and such, because obviously cheaper contraception doesn't do a damn bit of good there.

"False equivalence. Abortion is not murder."

False opinion. Abortion is murder. Actually, yes. It is. And I'd love to break it down if you would like to hear.

"Really? I thought everyone else had already pointed out that contraception is *not* the only variable, here. Cheaper contraception won't do anything for the young women who were *taught* misleading forms of sex-ed, and therefore don't even *know* what contraception is or how it works. Or that it's even needed. Cheaper contraception won't dismiss the fact that contraception itself isn't 100%. Women can *still* get pregnant while on birth control, or using condoms, etc. I have to assume the "mostly" is regarding rape and such, because obviously cheaper contraception doesn't do a damn bit of good there."

I kinda meant the mostly to imply those who don't understand, are religiously against, or choose not to. In which case, I'm a full supporter for contraceptive and sexual education! Teach and learn.

False opinion. Abortion is murder. Actually, yes. It is. And I'd love to break it down if you would like to hear.

False opinion isn't even a thing. An opinion is an opinion. Someone can hide incorrect facts within an opinion. False equivalence means the two options you gave us aren't equivalent or balanced. There's not really a comparison between them that is logical, so no, it's not "murder or suicide, you choose" because that's an awful equivalence.

No, abortion is not murder. It's the termination of a pregnancy, not the homicide of a person. No, I wouldn't really like to hear you tell me why abortion is murder when it isn't. Thanks for asking, though.

"False opinion isn't even a thing. An opinion is an opinion. Someone can hide incorrect facts within an opinion. False equivalence means the two options you gave us aren't equivalent or balanced. There's not really a comparison between them that is logical, so no, it's not "murder or suicide, you choose" because that's an awful equivalence."

Yes, and your opinion is invalid. Therefore false. Also, there is no comparison. I'm literally asking you to pick either the murder if a human or the suicide of such. Call it awful, but I still want your answer.

"No, abortion is not murder. It's the termination of a pregnancy, not the homicide of a person. No, I wouldn't really like to hear you tell me why abortion is murder when it isn't. Thanks for asking, though."

Let me stop you there. The termination of a pregnancy results in the death of another individual thy was of free will of the person. Sounds just like a homicide to me. Also, by using sarcasm to reflect an overall weak and unsupportive point I'm just going to go ahead anyways.

A fetus/clump of cells/baby is made up of two genetic codes, one from the father, and one from the mother. Making it human, a tumor, yes, but a HUMAN tumor. And according to the Webster dictionary the definition of person is: sometimes used in combination especially by those who prefer to avoid man in compounds applicable to both sexes <chairperson> <spokesperson>. And man (plural) is human. Therefore a fetus is a human. The termination of such human IS TECHNICALLY MURDER. Legal murder, if you will.

Enjoy.

I want to say that pro life has been defined by me at least 3 times now. Also, if it's been intertwined with all sorts of horrid things, who do you think did the intertwining? Pro choice people who think that we are selfish people who should have no say. I don't care for their opinions about what pro life is. It's simple and clearly defined.

Last I checked, pro-choice people weren't screaming abuse at people for making a choice to get an abortion. They weren't murdering doctors and firebombing clinics in the name of pro-life. They weren't intentionally tricking desperate people into their clutches only to hurl abuse at them or to lie and lie until they had forced the person beyond the legal cutoff for an abortion by pretending to be a legit clinic. All while clinging to the label of being pro-life.

It seems to me your own side is damaging itself just fine without the pro-choice people twisting the idea around.

First of all, if a woman has serious health complications, has been raped, or another serious case, my party only then is alright with an abortion

Why is it alright to murder a baby in some cases, but not others? Why do you draw the line there? Why are those babies alright to murder?

...Which is exactly why they wanted an abortion in the first place.

Schools and programs country wide are trying to teach sexual education. You have little excuse.

...You do realize that there are a lot of pro-life people who push for the idea of abstinence only thinking it will magically make teens not have sex, right? That there are literally people who are told nothing but that having sex before marriage guarantees that they'll get aids and go to hell, right? It's overwhelmingly the pro-life people who are actually opposed to proper sex-education in school. I've yet to see a single pro-choice person who actually opposed comprehensive sexual education, but plenty of pro-life people.

So you'd have the child suffer a living hell, only to take their own life?

And what of the cases where the mother AND the child died? Because she used an illegal alternative, or because she died in childbirth? Then you have two deaths where only the prevention of one life beginning needed to happen.

Shame. Mine never did, they told us the wonders of CONTRACEPTION and CHILDREN.

How nice for you, you had half-passable sex ed. Too bad that doesn't make it the norm.

Yes, and your opinion is invalid. Therefore false

Actually, I could say that YOUR opinion is invalid and therefore false. You cannot with actual factual evidence prove to me that a fetus is a human being. It has human cells, but it is not human. Tumors have human cells but they're not people.

Murder or suicide... Hmmmm... I'll let you pick.

I pick neither. Abortion is not murder. You cannot objectively prove that a fetus is an actual human being. To me, a fetus isn't a human. If it's not human, it can't be murder. Try again. A fetus is a clump of cells. It has no sense of self, no ability to even comprehend that it is alive much less the idea of it's own death.

It is not murder, because it is not ending a life--it is preventing a life from beginning.

However, I'll gladly pick--and I pick murder. As a person who has BEEN on the edge of taking their own life more than once, I would infinitely have preferred to have been killed in a fairly quick fashion by another person (especially if it would improve the life of another by ending mine) than to have been so tormented and broken that I saw no light in the darkness, no hope in the world, that I knew nothing but self-hatred and despair and regret and pain that I thought ending my own life was a better alternative.

I would spare another that pain, if I could. I would consider it mercy, not murder.

I'd love to see it abolished. However, it isn't, and therefore until it is I'd much rather have happy people to be better inclined to view pro life as a good party than people seeing us as communist censorkip.gif***s who hate mothers. (I've been PM'd the latter once, to be honest.)

I cannot see people in a good light who would have mothers use coat hangers, and throw themselves down stairs. Who would have them go to butchers who will violate them--both in terms of sexual violation and in terms of simply doing unspeakable "surgical" practices to their bodies. Who would see them poison themselves, and take their own lives because the alternative was living with an unwanted parasite taking over their body, reducing them to nothing more than a walking incubator.

Because that is what will happen with the abolition of abortion. Abortion will not stop. It will simply stop being safe.

Those who seek to make it illegal will then stain their hands with the blood of both the unborn they claimed they tried to protect and the mothers who tried to regain control of their own bodies from a parasitic lifeform they could not support.

You will be the one responsible when they are broken, when they are destroyed. Left bloody, left barren, left dead. And may whatever god you might believe in have mercy on your bloodstained soul when your time of judgement comes to pass.

Now, a question for you.

You are, then, in favor of allowing people to be pulled off the streets and having their blood, and kidneys, and bone marrow taken from them against their will in order to save the lives of total strangers? I mean, if a female can't even say that she does not want her body to be used to give life to a person she doesn't want to bring into the world, then surely nobody should be permitted to refuse to give up their own spare bits to save the lives of others?

Yes, and your opinion is invalid. Therefore false. Also, there is no comparison. I'm literally asking you to pick either the murder if a human or the suicide of such. Call it awful, but I still want your answer.

No it isn't?????????????????? Trying to tell me my opinion is invalid and therefore false is just... wrong.

My answer to what? I cannot answer a false equivalence. It's a fallacy which you are using to try and back us into a corner so we break down crying "abortion is murder I'm an awful person b'aww!" but abortion isn't murder and your choice is pulled out of thin air. You make abortion illegal and a sentient pregnant person might commit suicide. They might go to an unsafe doctor like Gosnell was and be murdered. So how does that have anything to even do with the conversation in terms of abortion vs. anti-abortion?

It's awful because not only do you seem to want me to advocate for murder or say I support it or something but because it is a false equivalence - a fallacy - I literally can't pick between the two because there's nothing to pick from.

And if you're trying to get at abortion vs. foster kids committing suicide - then wow. I really can't deal with that lack of ethics. The termination of a non-sentient life with no personhood that can't feel pain vs. the years of abuse and neglect a child has to suffer through because you forced them to be born before they attempt to take their life?

@marie: last time I checked the box of facts, a huge percentage of pregnancies were aborted.

@sock: if you only use the strict wording of "murder", yes, then and only then is it true, that you do not commit murder in abortion. It is then also not murder to slaughter an animal, and its questionable if killing a human that had its personhood removed would be murder.

But: if you see murder as the synonym for killing, abortiin clearly is that. A fetus, and the celks before that, are alive. And they are not, after.

It is then also not murder to slaughter an anima;

...Well, that's because it's not murder if you kill an animal. I mean, if you want to just extend the idea of murder to anything, then we're all mass murdered because we kill off large numbers of bacteria all the time.

Murder is not a proper synonym for simply killing. It has a very distinct connotation. It's like saying ecstatic is the same as being happy--they can be related, but you can be happy without being ecstatic. Likewise killing CAN be murder, but you can also kill without it being murder.

...Well, that's because it's not murder if you kill an animal. I mean, if you want to just extend the idea of murder to anything, then we're all mass murdered because we kill off large numbers of bacteria all the time.

Murder is not a proper synonym for simply killing. It has a very distinct connotation. It's like saying ecstatic is the same as being happy--they can be related, but you can be happy without being ecstatic. Likewise killing CAN be murder, but you can also kill without it being murder.

Quoting to bring attention to this for christian religious people. There are arguments as to whether or not God has said 'Thou shalt not murder,' or 'Thou shalt not kill'. Murder and killing are very different. You can kill and animal and feast on its flesh and it is not murder. You can fix a cat even though she is pregnant with kittens and it is not murder (using this from an example many pages back). I feel you can't really argue from the stance that you are murdering/killing the fetus unless you are a vegan and don't or won't do the things I just listed.

Now to address something affordable birth control, what about people who can't use it due to other medical problems/can't use a specific version because they haven't had kids? There are arguments against women using more permanent forms of birth control because they might change their minds. What do you do about that? You'd have to change a whole system which would take years if not decades.

Hmmm... Let's start... Ummm- here.

"Again, no. You're not counting the mothers that will either die from complications and/or suicide or attempted self-abortion. You're not counting the children that die because their families cannot feed them. You say that the children that kill themselves would be the same number, but it isn't. The more children you push into this broken system, the higher chance these kids will kill themselves. The less children that exist as foster/orphans, the less likely they are to commit suicide."

You JUST contradicted yourself. You said you counted aborted fetuses in the number, now it's only the live orphans who commit suicide. Care to explain how a dead human is different from a dead human?

"No one said refuse contraception. Restricted access to it affects a lot of people, which, curiously, is the fault of many people who identify as pro-life. Huh."

Because it creates a lot of problems, for one. Just because it is illegal doesn't mean it's going to suddenly stop happening and women are going to want to be pregnant anymore than before it was illegal. It makes it dangerous. They will resort to any method they can, which will endanger their lives as well as their fetus. Women will kill themselves. Women will die from complications during birth because they were refused an abortion that would have saved their life. Families who have too many children because they were improperly educated or refused contraception will starve because they can't afford to feed their existing children. Children will kill themselves because they were given up for adoption and no one wants them because there are too many children in the system. It will cause way too much emotional, physical, and mental trauma.

You actually said it here, I even highlited it in red.

*sighs*

Well first off, I didn't say I counted them in the number. But I digress. If you read again, you'll notice that I said that more children in the system would increase the chances of children killing themselves. That means the ones who are born and have sentience are at higher risk to kill themselves, which would include the ones you advocate for forced birth. If a fetus is aborted before it gets to the adoption system as a born baby, then the chance of an already orphaned, born child killing itself is lower.

Not to mention, the mothers that might kill themselves after pregnancy (if they make it that far) from depression. (Since, for example, they wouldn't be able to take the proper medication while being pregnant)

Secondly, you COMPLETELY misinterpreted my "refused contraception" comment. That did not, and never did, mean that people were refusing to take it. (However, this DOES happen, because many people spread false information about contraception and therefore many become misinformed about it. Which, not surprisingly, comes from pro-life people.) "Refused contraception" meant they were refused, by medical personnel, clerks, and insurance, to purchase/obtain it.

I'll bite. I would probably kill myself if I was FORCED to go through spawning something. I would yes, rather kill it and get IT out of me. But your choices are invalid as they lack anything to choose from. So you have PROOF its a life or are we just going to assume it does for sake of whatever. There's no proof it is. It's a mass of cells that can be a tumor or calcified mass. And why do you draw the line and say abortion is ok if cases of rape..or if the incubator suffertal trauma? Why is THAT ok for you. Since your pro "life." please explain this to me.

Edited cause Blighty is grumpy and tired because she just woke up tongue.gif

Edited by BlightWyvern

We don't consider acorns oak trees or fertilized chicken eggs as chicks, so I don't understand this incessant need to label a fetus or zygote as a baby/person. They are not equatable at all.

We don't consider acorns oak trees or fertilized chicken eggs as chicks, so I don't understand this incessant need to label a fetus or zygote as a baby/person. They are not equatable at all.

QFT.

I don't agree with abortion. I believe its murder no matter what. Its proven that life begins at conception and you are killing that baby. They say the mother has the right to kill the child if she doesn't want it, but what about the rights of the child. Just because the child is defenseless and cannot speak for its self yet does not mean it doesn't have rights as well. I don't care what the problem may be the child has a right to live, to grow, to learn, and to defend itself when it is older.

I don't agree with abortion. I believe its murder no matter what. Its proven that life begins at conception and you are killing that baby. They say the mother has the right to kill the child if she doesn't want it, but what about the rights of the child. Just because the child is defenseless and cannot speak for its self yet does not mean it doesn't have rights as well.  I don't care what the problem may be the child has a right to live, to grow, to learn, and to defend itself when it is older.

Fetuses are not persons, but even if they were, they still wouldn't have the right to use another person's body against their will. If a potential organ donor does not give consent, their organs cannot be used by someone else, even if that means said other person will die.

I don't agree with abortion. I believe its murder no matter what. Its proven that life begins at conception and you are killing that baby. They say the mother has the right to kill the child if she doesn't want it, but what about the rights of the child. Just because the child is defenseless and cannot speak for its self yet does not mean it doesn't have rights as well.  I don't care what the problem may be the child has a right to live, to grow, to learn, and to defend itself when it is older.

*not a baby. A baby is when its born. A fetus/basticlast/embryo is what is growing inside a person.

Can you PROVE life begins at conception, cause this is quite a revelation. If that's the case lets take it a step further; what about all the sperm cells that are lost do to other reasons outside of sex? What about when a woman menstruate? Cause both of those are killing a potential life.

Rights of the fetus? What about the rights of the person that has to carry it against her will? Is it not right for someone to enter your house unwanted? Would you not defend yourself from the unwanted intruder?

So in essence you are disregarding the rights of a woman, whom has a family, memories, people that love her, who has and is fulfilling her own life, and caring only for a POTENTIAL life (that could be a tumor/calcified mass) that has NONE of these things?

You're also telling me that if I were to, by some screwed up means, get pregnant, that you would say "you need to give birth to it because it has a life to fulfill despite what YOU want"? Quite disgusting, that mentality. As I would be mentally unstable (more so) and more than likely kill myself if I couldn't be allowed to have an abortion. Oh I ALSO would be taking that "precious" clump of cells to the grave with me. So both would be dead. wink.gif

Edited by BlightWyvern

I don't agree with abortion. I believe its murder no matter what. Its proven that life begins at conception and you are killing that baby. They say the mother has the right to kill the child if she doesn't want it, but what about the rights of the child. Just because the child is defenseless and cannot speak for its self yet does not mean it doesn't have rights as well. I don't care what the problem may be the child has a right to live, to grow, to learn, and to defend itself when it is older.

So, you're suggesting that living women should have less rights than corpses? In our culture we're not allowed to take organs from a corpse to save the life of someone else, if that corpse, as a living person, did not indicate that they were willing to have their body used in that fashion.

To say that a living woman should be forced to carry a child to term -- with all the numerous physical risks, including fatal ones, that go along with it -- is to accord that woman less rights than a dead body.