Bear

Abortion

I can't believe that the topic of abortion is still a problem. But then I never really realized that its still such a hot topic. The bubble of boarding school has kept me from a lot of worldly news.

As a young woman going into college, I'm a little scared. The fact that the law was just barely not passed that Syaoransbear mentioned is, indeed, way too close.

What a woman does to her body, especially concerning abortion or deciding to have the child is her choice to make and that is how it should remain. Especially when a woman is impregnated through rape, she should have the choice to get rid of the fetus because it isn't planned, might not be able to care for it and if she has the child can remind her of that traumatic event. And sometimes having a child may be harmful to the mother or life threatening.

(I'm sure a lot of this has been stated, sorry if I'm repeating this for anyone who has been with the whole thread. I'm sure this has all popped up a lot.)

Edited by RedKitsune1

I can't believe that the topic of abortion is still a problem. But then I never really realized that its still such a hot topic. The bubble of boarding school has kept me from a lot of worldly news.

As a young woman going into college, I'm a little scared. The fact that the law was just barely not passed that Syaoransbear mentioned is, indeed, way too close.

What a woman does to her body, especially concerning abortion or deciding to have the child is her choice to make and that is how it should remain. Especially when a woman is impregnated through rape, she should have the choice to get rid of the fetus because it isn't planned, might not be able to care for it and if she has the child can remind her of that traumatic event. And sometimes having a child may be harmful to the mother or life threatening.

(I'm sure a lot of this has been stated, sorry if I'm repeating this for anyone who has been with the whole thread. I'm sure this has all popped up a lot.)

if your hanging around the forum page then you will catch up don't worry. most subjects are went over more than once threwout the hole thing for those that have missed or over looked something. the topic is always looking for new friendly thoughts.

the law that Syaoransbear mentioned i am agenst with all my heart. i feel sorry for that poor woman she should not have had to go threw that for that. how do they know it could have not been the males sperm that did that to the child, for that fact how can they claim that the males sperm is never responsible for any defects in a offspring.

that law is trying to put all the blame on the female and not a male. if that ever happened to me they could jail me for the rest of my life or kill me there. i bet almost all the votes for supporting it is by males and not females.

there is no way i could let a offspring suffer threw life like that sense most are mistreated. and i can't stand the thought of helping support over population to kill the world faster, i love the world and creatures in it to much. i would only adopt a offspring and not personalty have one of my own. i can't wait till i'm old enough to get my tubes sniped and if they say i can't get it till i have one offspring i will find another way to become non-fertal. sorry if i sound harsh though its the truth.

Edited by xhunter

that law is trying to put all the blame on the female and not a male. if that ever happened to me they could jail me for the rest of my life or kill me there. i bet almost all the votes for supporting it is by males and not females.

True that. They see all females as potential irresponsible feminists. Every pro-"lifer" I talk to thinks everything could be solved if you just "grow up and act like an adult" and throw it in the adoption system, insisting that there are thousands of couples wanting to adopt. I think some social workers should get a group of kids from the system and speak out, like "Is this what you want for every kid? Half of them wish they were dead and some of them DO kill themselves!" It seems that the fact that there are broken kids in their is hidden well and no one sees it.

It doesn't help when you're the only pro-choice within the family. Just last night my sister said "If you're pregnant, that just means G-d wants you to have a baby"

People like this...that apparently don't know human anatomy and think the stork exists...are the reason why women now have to start living in fear of losing some serious rights.

"Oh look at that poor 12 year old, I might give her a baby."

"That woman just got raped and is in trauma. A baby will cheer her right up."

"This woman has a natural weak body and pregnancy would kill her. Doesn't matter, this is after all a blessing."

"That woman can barely feed the four she already has. Oh well, the more the merrier."

Is this what they're really thinking that he does?

Edited by GhostChilli

How very dedicated. Truly, this will show all pro-choicers that yes, the pro-life movement understands the sacrifice entailed in raising a child! That they do understand the plight of young mothers who must either give up their child, their goals for the future, or possibly even their lives!

Sarcasm self-test complete.

Okay, so that's probably not the point of this... ... movement, but it's the first thing that popped to mind.

Just... really? How is giving up Skittles or chocolate or coffee supposed to move anyone to outlaw abortion? If you want to win people over, sacrifice what women (and men, if they stay with the mother) have to give up in order to raise or just even carry a child they don't even want.

That looks utterly ridiculous to me.

I honestly think that if abortion was actually outlawed and made illegal, a short time later it will be made legal again when women start dying and foster care and systems nearly start spilling out into the streets. Some people are just naive and insist having a fantasy in their head that overpopulation and child neglect is only a myth and there's plenty of resources to go around.

Coffee huh? Ha. Knowing that it's coffee, I'm sure the pledge will break within a certain amount of time under horrible pressure.

Just... really? How is giving up Skittles or chocolate or coffee supposed to move anyone to outlaw abortion? If you want to win people over, sacrifice what women (and men, if they stay with the mother) have to give up in order to raise or just even carry a child they don't even want.

half of those people probably are just saying that they probably will not give any of that stuff up. i got a feeling that it was made in america, the site that is (i can't find were it says were it was made). if it is made in america i am very embarrassed.

it surprises me how much people ignore the subject of overpopulation and the suffering of these people that end up pregnant by accident.

I think that abortion is unfair because the baby inside never will know what life is like.

I'd prefer to have no life to a miserable life.

I think that abortion is unfair because the baby inside never will know what life is like.

I think that not fertilizing every egg a woman produces is unfair because the hypothetical baby will never know what life is like.

It may not even have the potential to become a "baby". Why the heck would someone force life into one when they're going to end up in a horrible system. Forcing one to live can be just as horrible.

Since no one has posted in a long time, thought I might share something..

First off, Imnotsorry.net isn't working for some reason and I kinda need it to find the site I'm looking for to prove this point but lets get down to something else I saw.

A pro-lifer claimed that PlannedParenthood secretly pimped young girls. They had a site to show and I'm working on finding it if Imnotsorry would work.

But anyways, I don't know if I should facepalm or look into it. I'll post the link as soon as I find the vid they commented on with the link

Since no one has posted in a long time, thought I might share something..

First off, Imnotsorry.net isn't working for some reason and I kinda need it to find the site I'm looking for to prove this point but lets get down to something else I saw.

A pro-lifer claimed that PlannedParenthood secretly pimped young girls. They had a site to show and I'm working on finding it if Imnotsorry would work.

But anyways, I don't know if I should facepalm or look into it. I'll post the link as soon as I find the vid they commented on with the link

Planned Parenthood fired an Office Manager after she was caught on video supposedly condoning child sex trafficking. They also reported the perpetrators to the police once they became aware of the conversation their employee had with them.

Apparently that means all Planned Parenthood offices support chid abuse.

Yea, I'm trying to look into it. But this is hard when sites are screwing up for me.

Planned Parenthood fired an Office Manager after she was caught on video supposedly condoning child sex trafficking. They also reported the perpetrators to the police once they became aware of the conversation their employee had with them.

Apparently that means all Planned Parenthood offices support chid abuse.

that's just horrible what they did and that woman should not have went along with them. though from the way she talked she sounded like she had no idea what they wear talking about though i guess if shes telling them to lie about the girls then she knows something.

i wonder what type of cam they were using it was all over the place.

I'm pro-choice. A woman should have the right to decide what to do with her own body. A lot of people are forgetting what a pregnancy entails. Aside from the obvious cases in which things go wrong and the mother actually dies, having a kid the normal way 'mutilates' that.. lower part of the body. It normally heals itself pretty much alright, but there's a lot of women who keep having troubles even though they have had a 'problemless' delivery, like bladder-problems or permanent back-problems.

There's also a lot of men who carry around some sort of weight for nine months and then say they know what's it like. Well, to them I can only say; it doesn't work like that.

I agree completely with this post. A few times when discussing this issue with people I've been told that my opinion isn't valid/informed/whatever enough because I'm male, but I don't see how that is relevant at all. Choices regarding my own body are ones that I think I should be able to make, not anyone else, and I think the same thing goes for women and abortion. For all the reasons that are mentioned in the above post.

Though that being said, I think that there definitely need to be laws in place that determine when terminating a birth can take place. So for me personally, the issue isn't whether abortion should be legal or not - I wholeheartedly believe that it should be - but I see the issue more as being where to draw the line between when an abortion is ok and when it's not. In other words, how far along a woman is in her pregnancy when she terminates it.

Though that being said, I think that there definitely need to be laws in place that determine when terminating a birth can take place. So for me personally, the issue isn't whether abortion should be legal or not - I wholeheartedly believe that it should be - but I see the issue more as being where to draw the line between when an abortion is ok and when it's not. In other words, how far along a woman is in her pregnancy when she terminates it.

... there are laws in place dictating when and when not it is okay to terminate a pregnancy. Anything past the first three months is almost a blanket no, the only exceptions coming when there is no hope to save the fetus, and the mother will wind up dying if it's not ended.

I came to a conclusion with my thoughts.

Here's what I think,

Getting rid of a pregnancy before a child before it even consciously exists yet is a lot better than abandoning it to a horrible adoption system where kids are abused and starving. I actually think women feel worse with adoption than abortion, IF they feel regret after abortion.

But apparently pro-birthers want to see kids suffer in systems to keep their butts happy, only knowing that they WERE born.

I came to a conclusion with my thoughts.

Here's what I think,

Getting rid of a pregnancy before a child before it even consciously exists yet is a lot better than abandoning it to a horrible adoption system where kids are abused and starving. I actually think women feel worse with adoption than abortion, IF they feel regret after abortion.

But apparently pro-birthers want to see kids suffer in systems to keep their butts happy, only knowing that they WERE born.

This is exactly what I think.

If you don't want the child (or you'd be unable to care for it properly), and no one is willing to take it, then why make it deal with living in the system?

Edited by GoldenShadowFire

This is exactly what I think.

If you don't want the child (or you'd be unable to care for it properly), and no one is willing to take it, then why make it deal with living in the system?

That goes to my thought thinking that pro-birthers think there's enough to go around. No matter how small the percentage of having a good life from the system (which according to shiny is 4% at most), they'll take it. Some people don't believe it when people say they would rather be dead than have this life. Sometimes there is exaggeration but when it comes to starving and getting beaten and abused every day, could you blame them? All the pro-"lifer" says to that argument is "Be an adult and deal with it." I doubt they themselves haven't experienced how that life is and only assume.

Rick Perry changed his standing on abortion. Once allowing it if the woman had been raped or if the pregnancy threatened her life, he now believes it shouldn't be allowed at all. Okay.

Rick Perry changed his standing on abortion. Once allowing it if the woman had been raped or if  the pregnancy threatened her life, he now believes it shouldn't be allowed at all. Okay.

Same with Sarah Palin and Mccain except they've always felt that way.

If these two get power, dark days are ahead for women...

Edit: MCcain also wants to abolish birth control

Edited by GhostChilli