Bear

Abortion

That's just sick. Why would a baby be needed to prosecute rape anyways? Not every rape results in pregnancy, for one thing. Are those lucky enough to not get pregnant from it also doomed to never have the satisfaction of seeing their attacker in jail? I seriously doubt it.

And couldn't they just take samples during the abortion to keep as DNA evidence?

Does anyone have the article where a bill was trying to be passed that said that a woman would be arrested for having an abortion if she was raped due to evidence being tampered?

What the hell? I am seriously glad I do not live there. ._.'

Honesyly, I believe in stupidity a lot more than n plump menace. The politician pushing for that bill probably just wasnt aware of the side effects, as it probably did not occur to her limited republican mind, that the victim might want to abort herself.

Her reaction was to say that she intended to punish felons even further. Stupid, but feels like truth.

I'm glad its not on the books (hopefully there's no yet there...) I mean seriously did no one pass biology on the committee that has sent this bill to the floor? dry.gif

Unfortunately, many politicians seem to tune out when it comes to the social and biological issues at the hearts of issues like this. These people are in it for the votes and support, but they don't seem to see how it negatively affects others, or they just don't care.

I'd personally like to see all politicians be made to take mandatory courses in human reproduction and sociology/psychology and have to pass with a B or better.

I don't recall what happened to that law, but I don't recall it garnering too much support? I'm not even sure it was in the news, and I live there.

Unfortunately, many politicians seem to tune out when it comes to the social and biological issues at the hearts of issues like this. These people are in it for the votes and support, but they don't seem to see how it negatively affects others, or they just don't care.

I'd personally like to see all politicians be made to take mandatory courses in human reproduction and sociology/psychology and have to pass with a B or better.

I don't recall what happened to that law, but I don't recall it garnering too much support? I'm not even sure it was in the news, and I live there.

Usually when the real biology is shown, politicians like to put their fingers in their ears and go "Lalalala I can't hear you". Sometimes they do know the biology but fully misunderstand it.

Take this woman for example ^

She thinks she can prove her point by her simple biology statement when in reality, everything she used can be used against her point completely and actually make sense.

Edited by GhostChilli

"What's the evidence it's a clump of cells"

It's a clump of cells because it's a clump of cells lady. Unless you're saying that we have no idea how a fetus develops in the womb.

The other day, my dad said, "It has a heartbeat, so it's alive. Is it still okay to kill it?" I just didn't say anything...he gorges himself on beef and chicken and ham.

The other day, my dad said, "It has a heartbeat, so it's alive. Is it still okay to kill it?" I just didn't say anything...he gorges himself on beef and chicken and ham.

You can probably say pests and parasites have heart beats as well and we kill them all the time.

A parasite is like the closest thing a fetus can be compared to by definition. A fetus needs to survive off another living thing.... actually parasites can live outside the body, they are still considered viable if taken out of it's host. That's just random ramblings though.

Or you can also say that if a fetus (at this point in development) becomes a tumor, may still have a heartbeat, but will never become a person. Is it wrong to get it removed because the mass has a heartbeat?

A parasite is like the closest thing a fetus can be compared to by definition. A fetus needs to survive off another living thing.... actually parasites can live outside the body, they are still considered viable if taken out of it's host. That's just random ramblings though.

Actually, the fetus IS considered a parasitic foreign object to the mother's body. While there are usually checks in place to keep the mother's body from constantly killing any and all fetuses, occasionally there can be problems....

Not that I don't like fetuses and babies or something. Personally I'm pro choice. If possible, I'd rather women go ahead and still go through with pregnancy and birth and just put the baby up for adoption, but if she wants an abortion, I'm okay with that. It's her decision and life, not mine. :\ I don't view it as murder, either, because abortion is usually done long before a baby is capable of surviving on its own, when it's still in its most parasitic state.

Also on the topic of the father who gorges himself on meat:

I think it's funny whenever vegetarians/vegans say they only eat vegetables because they don't want to harm living things. But plants are alive, too. XD And fungi, for those who also eat mushrooms. I know some say that they don't want to harm living creatures, but the meat we eat is specifically raised for consumption, so really, that's not a problem. I've never heard anyone state they were going to eat someone else's pet. XD Unless they were crazy.

But that's somewhat unrelated...

I really don't like talking about abortion, since just saying it seems to make people go crazy and fight each other. XD

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/11/06/albu...i-abortion-war/

Nooo, get away from us, icky, offensive conservative "abortion survivor" jerks. D<

Why do I have to live there. I actually am surrounded by idiots. I fully understand how Scar felt. /facepalm

I don't, and never will, understand why people are so concerned with what happens in my uterus, or any other uterus that isn't theirs. WHY DOES ANYONE CARE? It's becoming creepier and creepier, to be honest. (Also, why is this all such a crime for us but men kill millions of potential lives with every ejaculation? Why is THAT not a crime too?)

Gotta love the way they're influencing the voting results though by making it harder for the likely more liberal students of age to vote, but then putting polling booths at schools where children are far from voting age. So much for a fair system, eh?

Also these comparisons to the Holocaust need to stop - it is an extreme affront to real Holocaust survivors and to people who had relatives and loved ones killed in the Holocaust. It's not the same, and never will be. The Holocaust killed over eleven million already-sentient persons. A fetus is not sentient and not a person to me.

Also these comparisons to the Holocaust need to stop - it is an extreme affront to real Holocaust survivors and to people who had relatives and loved ones killed in the Holocaust. It's not the same, and never will be. The Holocaust killed over eleven million already-sentient persons. A fetus is not sentient and not a person to me.

What really gets my goat is that to the anti-choicers, fetuses aren't people either -- not after they're born. After they're born, children become objects of absolutely zero interest to the extremists who did everything in their power to make sure that those children were brought into the world, even against the wishes of the mother. In the womb? OMG THE POOR BABIEZ! Out of the womb? TOO BAD YOU'RE POOR AND UNWANTED, NO SOCIAL SERVICES OR SUPPORT PROGRAMS FOR YOU!!!

Edited by prairiecrow

Also on the topic of the father who gorges himself on meat:

I think it's funny whenever vegetarians/vegans say they only eat vegetables because they don't want to harm living things. But plants are alive, too. xd.png And fungi, for those who also eat mushrooms. I know some say that they don't want to harm living creatures, but the meat we eat is specifically raised for consumption, so really, that's not a problem. I've never heard anyone state they were going to eat someone else's pet. xd.png Unless they were crazy.

But that's somewhat unrelated...

That is indeed very unrelated . But - as a vegan- let me tell You that right now I feel somewhat- lets say- ridiculed by Your comment.

And yes- many vegans will tell you that they are vegan because they don't want to harm living beings. And as a vegan you will harm a lot less living beings in the form of plants than as a carnivore or omnivore, because most plants grown end up as fodder for factory farmed animals.

So -as a vegan - You save a LOT of plants lifes.....

And furthermore - the meat people eat is NOT raised for consumption. Animals are raised to be slaughtered - usually in a cruel way - and then they become meat. Before being meat, they are living beings... like fungi, like plants, only with a much higher developed nervous system.

Everybody has to decide on his/her own whether he/she will eat meat or not but to argue that because animals are raised for consumption its not like living beings are hurt, thats a- well rather weird argumentation, especially if You argue that hurting plants is hurting living beings, too.

So, it comes across that You don't like vegans hurting plants , but its okay that carnivores or omnivores hurt animals to eat them, because those animals are specially raised for consumption.

The abortion survivors thing reminded me of this segment from an episode of Tosh.0 where they showed videos of teenagers giving up something they love until abortion is illegal. They gave up stupid stuff like soda, and their music players, and junk food, and you can just tell by looking at them and listening to what they say/how they answer they have been brainwashed and know very little about the true facts about abortion. Over skype Tosh made fun of them because obviously it will never be illegal, and asked a few questions. I know he can be real offensive with his jokes that pertain to... well... anything that can be offensive (rape, abortion, proper treatment of women) It really was nice to see him standing up for abortion.

My view is that if the baby is wanted then go right ahead, even if it may be a real stupid decision (like a 14 year old getting pregnant and wanting to keep it because they think it will be like a doll/toy they can play with and not actually care for- or think they will be awesome because they babysit) but if the mother absolutely refuses to go through with the pregnancy and does not want the fetus she has every right to terminate. My opinion of adoption is very mixed but leans more towards the "you really probably shouldn't" side. Private adoption is probably the only acceptable option but it can be really difficult to have that all done- Juno is a very very bad example because basically all she did was look in the newspaper and the first couple she met were "perfect". It could easily fall through and the mother is stuck with a child she doesn't want because the adoptive couple weren't right. And.... well.... Don't even get me started on the foster care system. That has been a complete mess since it pretty much started (I'm sure I mentioned before the origins of modern adoption but if not just google Georgia Tann)

Or you can also say that if a fetus (at this point in development) becomes a tumor, may still have a heartbeat, but will never become a person. Is it wrong to get it removed because the mass has a heartbeat?

"No, because then it's not a baby."

It was never a baby, dad...

-facepalm- it would only interfere if it forced people to take it, which they don't do.

More people pulling out the religion card, they're just angry that contraception is easier to get to. I don't understand some people, they behave like they're the sex police. It's almost unnerving.

Anyone see the complaints by certain religious groups on how the Obamacare mandates contraceptives to be in the insurance? Saying how it interferes with religious freedom? I mean seriously, they don't HAVE to take the bc.

Here watch this then. ._.

http://www.centurylink.net/tv/3/player/ven...e_dealt_an-gnrc

Hmm... Well, to be devils advocate here, with the mandate, it would force even religious affiliated hospitals to give out contraceptives. (Or so I think, I'm not an expert in insurance though) That means even Catholic hospitals (catholics being notorious pro-lifers) would be forced into giving contraceptives. :/

The administration allowed a religious exemption. The exemption applies to church organizations themselves, but not to affiliated nonprofit corporations, like hospitals, that do not rely primarily on members of the faith as employees.[7] An amendment, the Blunt Amendment, was proposed that "would have allowed employers to refuse to include contraception in health care coverage if it violated their religious or moral beliefs,"[8] but it was voted down 51-48 by the U.S. Senate on March 1, 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraceptive...(United_States)

More people pulling out the religion card, they're just angry that contraception is easier to get to. I don't understand some people, they behave like they're the sex police. It's almost unnerving.

Well, considering now that with Obamacare, theoretically, we're supporting each other's healthcare, people against pro-choice are now financially supporting contraceptives and abortions. So they don't have a say in where that money is going. In that sense it's understandable to be upset.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I'm not allowed to keep my tax dollars from paying for things I don't support, why should it be any different for them?

You can probably say pests and parasites have heart beats as well and we kill them all the time.

I've made this point so many times

My friend refuses if she's pregnant, to say she's pregnant. She says she has a parasite and we all squee.. it sounds terrible, it may be to some. but that's what it is. It isn't benefiting the host *cough* 'mother', at all.

I'm pro choice. That doesn't mean i've had an abortion, i guess you can say i'm pro-do-whatever-pleases-YOU.

But fetus' are just parasites until they can have their own thoughts. Embryos are even less likely to grab at my attention.