Bear

Abortion

I'm going to assume by "babies" you mean fetuses. Because why the hell would she be showing you pictures of bloody babies if she's talking about abortion o_o

Personally, I don't see abortion as "killing a human being" because it's still a fetus, therefore it's not murder. It all depends on how you perceive it.

Well, she was showing us the fetuses that were...aborted, I suppose. It was a short video. Sort of like a PSA.

Edited by Techno_Elf

I once saw a really good argument for pro choice on tumblr that isn't the whole back and forth is-a-fetus-a-human-being thing. I'm not sure who wrote it, I'll give a link if I find it again.

Basically, it said that our rights to do whatever we want with our bodies should have higher priority than the right of someone to live. They gave an example of a person in a hospital who needed an organ transplant to live, and you were the only one who could donate it. However, due to needing the organ to potentially save a family member, a fear of doctors, or whatever other reason, you don't want to donate the organ. If life took priority over autonomy, it would be illegal for you to refuse to donate and the doctors might force you onto the operating table and sedate you in order to get the organ. The person you're saving might not even know that you exist, and might even be horrified if they knew what was going on and ask the doctors to stop, but in this situation neither of you can stop them. So, while it is sad that the person will probably die if you don't donate the organ, no one wants to live in a totalitarian world where you're forced to use your body in a way you don't want to, so the choice is still up to you. And basically the same thing applies to abortions.

Bluh I'm rubbish at phrasing things but hopefully I got the main point through there.

I once saw a really good argument for pro choice on tumblr that isn't the whole back and forth is-a-fetus-a-human-being thing. I'm not sure who wrote it, I'll give a link if I find it again.

Basically, it said that our rights to do whatever we want with our bodies should have higher priority than the right of someone to live. They gave an example of a person in a hospital who needed an organ transplant to live, and you were the only one who could donate it. However, due to needing the organ to potentially save a family member, a fear of doctors, or whatever other reason, you don't want to donate the organ. If life took priority over autonomy, it would be illegal for you to refuse to donate and the doctors might force you onto the operating table and sedate you in order to get the organ. The person you're saving might not even know that you exist, and might even be horrified if they knew what was going on and ask the doctors to stop, but in this situation neither of you can stop them. So, while it is sad that the person will probably die if you don't donate the organ, no one wants to live in a totalitarian world where you're forced to use your body in a way you don't want to, so the choice is still up to you. And basically the same thing applies to abortions.

Bluh I'm rubbish at phrasing things but hopefully I got the main point through there.

That's pretty much my view. Who gives a censorkip.gif if a fetus is a human or not? What matters is the pregnant woman and if she wants to go through pregnancy or not. It is especially important in situations where the fetus literally threatens the woman's life. Often times it isn't even a choice between the fetus and the mother, it's abort or both die. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure pro-lifers are against even abortions to save the life of the mother. [unless it's their wife whose life is threatened. I remember a conservative person in an important position in government who was pro-life got his wife an abortion when the fetus threatened her life, and continued his anti-abortion stance.]

Well, she was showing us the fetuses that were...aborted, I suppose. It was a short video. Sort of like a PSA.

Most of those abortions are either late term abortions, which is a different ball-game than first trimester abortions (when most abortions are done). There have been some cases where those types of pictures aren't even human, or aren't even real. Most of those types of videos are highly, highly biased. You should always question your sources.

It also sounds like you were watching something full of propaganda. Things don't look murderous and bloody until late term.

The legal abortion window is where the fetuses are rather small and you can't even tell.

Edited as someone already made a point.

Edited by GhostChilli

My friend, who is the same age as me, AKA 9th grade, made that video. I'm pretty sure all she was trying to do was to state her side of the argument.

If she was already anti-abortion she might have looked mostly at anti-abortion sites and gotten her material for the video from their propaganda without knowing it was propaganda.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

If abortion was banned, there would be a lot less teenagers getting pregnant since they can't abort. I'm so sick of the "my body" thing. Because in most cases, you chose to use your body. You chose to take that risk. And then you take a human life for your lack of common sense. It says on birth control and condums that it doesn't always work. Most of the time yes, others no.

I'm young. I don't believe in sex before marriage, but if I did make that mistake and got pregnant, I for sure would want to keep my baby, no matter what anybody told me.

And all these methods sound awful to me:

-__- I'm going to make this as short as I can.

If abortion was BANNED there would be a hellava lot more things dangerous and more women would be killed. And YES, indeed, the "poor" fetus, clump of cells, whatever, would die too. So if you want abortion to be banned, then these pregnant people would either resort to FAR more deadly things (suicide) and that means BOTH lives would be dead.

Yeah, because getting pregnant is TOTALLY 100% preventable. BC can be tampered with, condoms can break. The only thing that COULD prevent this happening is letting women get their reproductive sys. removed. But one that is expensive, and two, MOST PLACES don't allow a woman this because they think they know what is right for her, that breeding will bring out that "love and maternal side" in my case it would bring out my inner evil and demise.

And YOUR choice is to NOT abort. That's YOUR CHOICE. PROCHOICE PEOPLE give you a RIGHT TO CHOSE. We are not WESGDTFHDG!! NOH YOU HAVE TO DO THIS.

And I'm fairly certain you showed those methods before. As stated before. Prolife side will try to make this sound as awful as possible.

If you don't want to hear the "It's my body I can do what I want with it" then I will kindly point out no one is making you read this. I respect that you have an opinion. I am not ok with forcing beliefs on others.

Edited by BlightWyvern

That looks nothing like a 10-week-old fetus. And obviously someone didn't watch the Harry Potter movies carefully enough.

If she was already anti-abortion she might have looked mostly at anti-abortion sites and gotten her material for the video from their propaganda without knowing it was propaganda.

Hmm...you've got a point there. But still, I have to agree that it IS the pregnant person's choice. It's just that the images she showed us were kind of scary, and bloody...

Oh my gods that is too funny. It's pretty sad that people would actually believe that is what a fetus looks like.

Pro-“choice” people don’t care that this baby could have saved the world. Who knows what it might have become? A doctor? A lawyer?

This "argument" annoys me. I don't see why it matters what it "could have become". It could have as easily become the next Hitler. And how does a doctor or lawyer save the world?

Just have to pop in real quick.

That's kind of funny, lawyer. xd.png I thought lawyers were bad?

That looks nothing like a 10-week-old fetus. And obviously someone didn't watch the Harry Potter movies carefully enough.

Hmm...you've got a point there. But still, I have to agree that it IS the pregnant person's choice. It's just that the images she showed us were kind of scary, and bloody...

Pro-life people will find the grossest and bloodiest images they can, not even caring that it's not an actual aborted fetus, in order to get that kind of reaction out of people. "It's so bloody and scary, abortions must be bad" Here is some info, whether it's an abortion or a live birth there is going to be blood, but not blood all over the place making it look like a massacre.

An abortion doesn't look anything like what pro-life people want you to believe it looks like.

Oh my gods that is too funny. It's pretty sad that people would actually believe that is what a fetus looks like. [/color]

I think it's mostly sad because it shows that a lot of people who are pro-forced-birth aren't actually very well educated on that what they want to speak of. They spread misinformation and feed off misinformation, and while the original post MAY have been a joke/by somebody who knew (interesting that they mention being abandoned in a train station, huh?), a LOT of people ran with it thinking it was 100% real. (And then a lot of us laughed our butts off)

Now, I'm not saying ALL pro-forced-birth people are like that! But that a very disturbingly large, vocal, and vicious number ARE. And that's dangerous.

Re: scary images:

Classic scare tactics. Frighten people into believing in your cause because they fear the alternative. It's also not unusual when you look at some of the reasoning behind being pro-forced-birth.

There's a lot of Christians who use the "CONVERT NOW OR BURN FOREVER YOU HORRIBLE SINNING MONSTER ONLY OUR GOD IS WILLING TO FORGIVE YOU FOR BEING AN UNHOLY ABOMINATION THAT DESERVES ETERNAL TORMENT JUST FOR EXISTING" kind of scare tactics to try to frighten and bully and guilt people into joining their religion.

I'm also aware that not all Christians do that (hell, I'd say probably the majority don't! vocal minorities and all that). But there is overlap between the two groups, so it's understandable that those who use scare tactics to get people into their religion would also then use scare tactics to try to push said religion's agenda/beliefs on others.

And then people like your friend don't realize they've been taken in by misinformation, outright lies, twisted facts, scare tactics, etc., and then they spread them thinking it's the truth.

That's not to say you can't know the facts and what's what and still be pro-forced-birth. I can understand that. It's just that there's a lot of people who hold their view only because of the harmful "information" they hold.

I used to be pro-forced-birth until I started talking to people and learning things other than religious propaganda. Now I'm pro-choice, because I can't justify forcing somebody to go through pregnancy against their will.

I used to be pro-forced-birth until I started talking to people and learning things other than religious propaganda. Now I'm pro-choice, because I can't justify forcing somebody to go through pregnancy against their will.

Thank you, KageSora, for that. THAT is why I continue to debate this issue, to attempt to educate the misinformed, even attempt to educate the people who make me feel sick with the way they talk about abortion. My mom has asked me multiple times why I keep posting to this thread, and, well, you are why. If *real*, non-biased information and conversation and help just *one* anti-abortion person understand things better, then I would feel really good about sticking around to give information and talk it out.

Well, it's a medical procedure. I saw around the curtain when my mom gave birth to my brother via C-Section. Seeing her whole abdomen cut open like that was really horrifying for me. So much red, even though I looked away quickly. And my brother was so unclean and red, that didn't help much either.

Thank you, KageSora, for that. THAT is why I continue to debate this issue, to attempt to educate the misinformed, even attempt to educate the people who make me feel sick with the way they talk about abortion. My mom has asked me multiple times why I keep posting to this thread, and, well, you are why. If *real*, non-biased information and conversation and help just *one* anti-abortion person understand things better, then I would feel really good about sticking around to give information and talk it out.

Me too.

@ 7Deadly$ins

An abortion does NOT involve being cut open, nor is there a huge lot of blood. Watching a C-section is like watching heart surgery - scary stuff. But C-sections are not nature's way - and that almost sounds like you would have to be anti-BIRTH !

However - all babies are icky when they come out. Even born naturally in your own bed at home. That has NOTHING to do with abortion, but best prepare yourself... xd.png

Me too.

@ 7Deadly$ins

An abortion does NOT involve being cut open, nor is there a huge lot of blood. Watching a C-section is like watching heart surgery - scary stuff. But C-sections are not nature's way - and that almost sounds like you would have to be anti-BIRTH !

However - all babies are icky when they come out. Even born naturally in your own bed at home. That has NOTHING to do with abortion, but best prepare yourself... xd.png

Eeeyup.

In 10th grade we watched a local production documentary about pregnancy and childbirth, the end of which featured a full frontal display of a goop-covered blotchy-skinned baby emerging from a vagina.

If anyone tells me that newborn babies are pretty, I beg to differ. ;P

Eeeyup.

In 10th grade we watched a local production documentary about pregnancy and childbirth, the end of which featured a full frontal display of a goop-covered blotchy-skinned baby emerging from a vagina.

It's why I was deathly afraid of birth, still sort of am.

Eeeyup.

-.- Had to watch this...or something similar to it in 7th grade bio. That's probably where one of my phobias started. Then we got to watch the SAME video in 10th grade....that of which I "was sick" and got to miss it.

@the aborted voldemort. Lol, that TOTALLY changed my mind. That definitely makes me want to keep it, I mean look at it, ITS BEAUTIFUL! -___-

Don't be. You don't actually manage to SEE your own baby being born xd.png

And they look OK once they've been wiped off biggrin.gif

But yes - Voldemort is kind of cute. But mine did look better than that, right after they'd been cleaned up !

I have fear of pregnancy mainly because of morning sickness (I'm emetophobic) and childbirth because of the associated pain and risk of tearing and developing vaginal/uterine prolapse.

Slimy babies wouldn't scare me, especially since I'm a biologist and have had my share of dissection and observing preserved body parts (and preserved mutated feti), I just don't think that slimy babies are pretty.

Edited by lightbird

I have fear of pregnancy mainly because of morning sickness (I'm emetophobic) and childbirth because of the associated pain and risk of tearing and developing vaginal/uterine prolapse.

Slimy babies wouldn't scare me, especially since I'm a biologist and have had my share of dissection and observing preserved body parts (and preserved mutated feti), I just don't think that slimy babies are pretty.

The risk of vaginal tearing and that other stuff lessens a considerable amount if you give birth in the position you are supposed to, which is more of a squat, and not lying down on a bed with your legs spread uncomfortably. The only reason that position is used is so the doctor can check to see how dilated you are.

Also epidural

Edited by Cecona

Me too.

@ 7Deadly$ins

That's not my point, fuzzbucket. My point is that if you're opposed to any medical procedure because it may be bloody and/or gross, you're going to be opposed to an awful lot of medical procedures. I went with birth because it's directly "opposed" from abortion, where they were making their stance on.