Bear

Abortion

At six weeks, losing the little lentil bean would have been like a heavy period. Worse than a laxative, yes. But not the same as carrying for roughly nine months and getting an unwanted child. rolleyes.gif

What? If I steal a pencil at a university store, it's not as bad as stealing someone's car.

You just don't get it, do you. She wanted to have the baby. It would never have been an unwanted child.

She said she would care for it alone. He just wanted to control her.

He had NO RIGHT. And actually - even at 6 weeks a miscarriage CAN kill (bleeding out.)

And yes, MORALLY, stealing a pencil is just as bad as stealing a car. Morals are not related to the magnitude of the object. Stealing is stealing. Someone needs to have a word with your parents....

You just don't get it, do you. She wanted to have the baby. It would never have been an unwanted child.

I meant in comparison to forcing someone to carry for roughly 9 months. Did you see what the argument was about?

And yes, MORALLY, stealing a pencil is just as bad as stealing a car. Morals are not related to the magnitude of the object. Stealing is stealing. Someone needs to have a word with your parents....

Okay, this says it all.

Edited by Alpha1

I meant in comparison to forcing someone to carry for roughly 9 months. Did you see what the argument was about?

Yes - but people were also still citing the covert forced abortion that nasty boy did. No-one has the right to force a woman to do either one - carry or abort.

And early miscarriages can lead to bleeding out; they aren't to be taken as lightly as some suggest (the so-called morning after pill gets past all this, mind. The egg has not implanted so the bleeding risk isn't there.) When my daughter was miscarrying (spontaneously at 8 weeks) she was told she MUST have someone in the house with her at all times until it was over, so they could call her an ambulance if the bleeding was out of control.

As to stealing a car etc - well, the stealing is the same issue whatever the size of the thing stolen.

Where stealing a car would be morally worse than a pencil is the OTHER crimes you'd have committed at the same time: invasion of privacy, the personal hurt you'd have done to the owner, depriving them of their means of transport - stuff like that. But they aren't the actual theft.

Interestingly, today I ran into someone who is very pro-life, and she was telling me that her cat got pregnant and she found out when she went to have the cat fixed. The vet told her and she went ahead and did it anyway, despite knowing it would abort the kittens.

I found it very interesting. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? I would have asked, but I didn't want to get in another heated debate that would have resulted in her not speaking to me for a month.

Eh. In my opinion, she seen it as "just an animal" and that because she is "smarter, and whatever" she can do what she wants to it because "humans are sooo superior to everything else here".

I know a couple pro-life people that think abortion is wrong (aside from killing "innocent" babeh cell masses") because they say the bible says to "go out and be fruitful" yeah and overpopulate the planet and deplete ALL THE RESOURCES because dah word says so. So disregard everything else and just SPAWN all the things because something tells you to. If you don't then not only did you not fulfill your goal as a woman, but also you failed god.

Darn, I'm a failure to god (and society) because I can't stand babehs or children. I'm so sorry I have a short temper and would, absolutely, fail as a parent. Period. I'm sooo sorry I, to be blunt, haaate the thought of spawning a child, and not only because of my phobias, also because I, gee I dunno don't find them CUTE?! I find them annoying and fully capable to send my anxiety meter up to over 9000. Bad BlightWyvern. Bad bad Blighty for being a glitch in society. dry.gif *verbally punishing self now*

Edit because needed to fix my phrasing

Edited by BlightWyvern

I believe that abortion should be allowed, no matter the circumstance. If the person with the fetus inside them does not want to give birth to it or carry it for months for whatever their reasoning, then they should be able to pick not to. It doesn't matter to me about whether or not this person gets pregnant often and aborts often, it is their choice. If they do not want to abort due to moral, religious and other reasons, then they don't have to - so yeah, I'm all for choice and not forcing people into a descion that will likely alter their living style or commit to something they weren't ready for.

Edited by Wild

I believe that abortion should be allowed. Also the fact is that women have died because they were not allowed to have an abortion. There is just something so wrong about forcing an already full grown adult, with an already forged life and future and relationships, to die because of the fetus. I'm sorry but in my opinion the life of those who have already existed in this world that long, should come before the fetus.

Pregnancy can be very risky to a woman, if someone doesn't want the child they shouldn't be forced into it due to the general stress put on their bodies.

Children are an expensive commitment for anyone for almost two or more decades. Some simply may not be in a financial position to have a child or afford the care associated with pregnancy. That and citing rape (yes in the case of it did happen this person is not faking it) as another reason, I think the last thing a rape victim needs is to be forced to carry the child of her rapist.

Of course, it should always be the mother's choice upon whether she wants to keep or abort a child (it is her body.) If she intends to stay with her partner it'd be best if they tried to reach an agreement together but that's no excuse for what that man did.

((These are just my opinions if you have your own that's good to.))

Edited by Zada2011

There is just something so wrong about forcing an already full grown adult, with an already forged life and future and relationships, to die because of the fetus.

Just have to comment on this 'cause this really grabbed at me. It's just so *true*. I try, in any controversial topic, to understand a little of the opposing viewpoint, and it seems that the majority of anti-abortionists are, well, anti-women, even if they don't *think* of it that way.

Women die during childbirth. That's a statistical, proven fact. Women die during *pregnancy*, that's a proven fact. Women also commit suicide, or have complete mental breakdowns, when forced to carry, give birth, and raise a child they never wanted. (Does this happen *all* the time, of course not. But it does happen).

These women have parents, maybe siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, co-workers.... Anotherwords, that *one* woman most likely has at least a hundred people who love and care for her and will be *very* strongly affected if she dies.

..... And yet these people would rather throw ALL of that away, just disregard it completely, for a fetus? For an unborn thing that has developed no emotional relationships, no memories, nothing.

I myself would probably never had an abortion, or get pregnant, for that matter. That's a personal choice. Pregnancy and childbirth scare the censorkip.gif out of me, and I'd be an awful parent. Therefore, abortion would be an option for me, if I was okay with having a abortion. Some people are, I know I'd feel too bad it. I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger from the pregnancy, or if the baby was going to be born with awful defects (to the point where you would put it down if it wasn't human). If I just plain didn't want the baby, I'd stick it out and wait nine months; there's so many families that can't have a child, but would love mine and give it a better life than I ever could.

That being said, that's my decision, about me. I've never understood why people, especially why other women in this case, have to stick their noses in others' business. If it isn't living inside of you, it's not your dna, and you'd have no custodial rights, you should mind your own business. Even then, the one with final say is the one carrying the fetus.

What's awful is when a women gets pregnant and her boyfriend/husband/lover tries to force her into an abortion. (Or to keep it I guess but I've never actually heard of that happening.) If you don't want a kid, use protection.

I'm not against abortion. The reasons are simple:

1)prohibit abortion by law, I think is against free will

2) As B. Brecht proven in the circle with the chalk, the mother of a child is the one who raises it, so a human, considered as a "human" from the time he exist in society, before that it's just cells, not even eyes or ears to interract with the enviroment or feel, so you don't actually kill a person.

3) There are times that a child's birth could mean death to mother and itself, if this is spotable during the first months of pregnancy, why don't prevent it and let the mother do more babies in the future and have more happy lives.

4)If a woman got raped and bcomes pregnant from this, don't you think is pitty for her everytime she sees the child, remember her this fact? What kind of relationship will they have

5)The same as 4) goes to situations like childrens from addicted or issued womans, it's better do an abortion than let a child raise into an institution

6)What if a student be pregnant? In my oppinion bringing a child which can't be raised, is biggest crime than killing an embryo. How will a family like this will live? Who will work to bring money? Why should a youngs' girl life stop so soon? How will the society behave to this child?

Anyway the best think is to use condoms, not to come in this unpleasent situation, because pregnency is the least of the results of unsafe sex.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I will gladly read other oppinions. smile.gif

6)What if a student be pregnant? In my oppinion bringing a child which can't be raised, is biggest crime than killing an embryo. How will a family like this will live? Who will work to bring money? x.

You'll be amazed at how many "pro-lifers" are anti welfare.

You'll be amazed at how many "pro-lifers" are anti welfare.

Or pro-life, anti-welfare, and pro-capital-punishment. The trifecta.

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in their minds.

I'm not sure I'd like to find out. O__-

Don't forget being pro-gun because shooting a person in the face for breaking into your house is somehow better than killing a clump of cells that's threatening to destroy you from the inside out.

xxx

Whoa wait a minute, I believe you've completely misunderstood that post. Actually shadowgrr has exactly the same point as you, if somewhat awkwardly worded. Try rereading, perhaps?

Edited by Orlageddon

Whoa wait a minute, I believe you've completely misunderstood that post. Actually shadowgrr has exactly the same point as you, if somewhat awkwardly worded. Try rereading, perhaps?

o_O

Darn, guess that's what I get for waking up at 5 in the morning >_< sorry bro

o_O

Darn, guess that's what I get for waking up at 5 in the morning >_< sorry bro

Mistakes happen. smile.gif

There's a new bill in Texas being voted on this week that would effectively shut down 37 of the state's 42 abortion clinics. What do you guys think of bills like these?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Dewhurst...-212191461.html

This...This really just makes me sad, while the last point I could understand, the other two can't be done with out more money given to the clinics, which won't happen dry.gif

thanks for sharing the information. it should be banned very seriously. this is also banned in religion too. so, we all need to make this very serious for sure.

Spam removed

Edited by NixAyum

I'm not going to post a long thng about how abortion is a bad thing, due to health reasons and all that beautiful information, but I am going to say that I believe against abortion. It prevents a child from living, having a life, experiencing what the mother experienced. I believe that killing a thing that cannot protect itself is wrong.

I'm not going to post a long thng about how abortion is a bad thing, due to health reasons and all that beautiful information, but I am going to say that I believe against abortion. It prevents a child from living, having a life, experiencing what the mother experienced. I believe that killing a thing that cannot protect itself is wrong.

And as long you don't force it on others, that's great.

More wrong than breaking the mother beyond repair?

Since, y'know, that can happen what with emotional and mental damage to a woman who isn't capable of carrying a child.

Edited by KageSora

How abortion is a bad thing, due to health reasons and all that beautiful information.

Early abortion is actually much safer, both to the mother's physical and mental health, than carrying to term. Not completely safe, but much safer.

More wrong than breaking the mother beyond repair?

Since, y'know, that can happen what with emotional and mental damage to a woman who isn't capable of carrying a child.

I believe that if a woman isn't capable of carrying a child, she shouldn't be doing, wll, what makes a child. Doing that has consequences, she should know that. Protection or not.

And I didn't say it wasn't safe @shienvein. I was just trying to state that I wasn't going to state if I believed it was safe or not. Does that make sense?

I believe that if a woman isn't capable of carrying a child, she shouldn't be doing, well, what makes a child. Doing that has consequences, she should know that. Protection or not.
Simply "not doing it" can and does break up relationships. Sex is not meant solely for reproduction.

Also, sometimes the woman is not even given the choice to decide. Rape is a real thing, you know.

And I didn't say it wasn't safe @Shienvien. I was just trying to state that I wasn't going to state if I believed it was safe or not. Does that make sense?
Ah, I see. Your wording was a bit confusing.