Bear

Abortion

Oh but one day you will believe for evey knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.I wonder why you say that you can tell in the pic that is what they were doing.For they were hugging each other and the one who is alive now seemed to protect his sick bother all the time. I have CB and if i had a child and i was sick near to death i would not kill my child.Why it is becouse i lived my life they had not.So do not say that every one with a disabilty would do such a thing that is right down sick to me anyway.

Edited by Laryal

So what you are saying is taking one life for anouther is ok.So then each and every one that murdered has i right not to go to jail they had a right to kill that person just like a mother has a right to kill that unborn child .The ten comanments thou shalt not kill point made .Killing an unborn child is just like the murderier who kills someone to me it is the same murder is murder no matter how much you want to think it is not. People have to clear judjments any more to what is realy right and wrong and i see that on this topic as well it is a shame indeeed it is.

You are making a blanket statement here. There is a difference between a already living human and a lump for cells for which we aren't even sure that they are alive.

Stop dragging religion into this. If all of your arguments are based on a religion that is in most cases chosen for people strictly on geographical basis, there isn't much to talk about, especially if other people do not follow the same religion as you do.

That's ok. Those are your personal feelings and thoughts, and I won't comment on them or forbid you for thinking that. However, your thoughts should not have any control over lives of other people.

Why do these childern have to go at lest they are up in heaven full of life and joy and understanding.

I just have a small question. If the baby that has been aborted goes back to heaven and they are happier than they are down here, where they can experience all the wrongs in the world, possibly being abused, neglected, and abandoned, then why is it so wrong to abort? Keep in mind that not every baby or child will be adopted and they still have a chance to go to a horrible home. In my mind, where I do half believe in God, they will be A LOT happier in heaven than down on this Earth. If this is the case, then why is it so wrong to abort even for those few seconds of pain, at least they'll have a MUCH better life.

Oh but one day you will believe for evey knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.I wonder why you say that you can tell in the pic that is what they were doing.For they were hugging each other and the one who is alive now seemed to protect his sick bother all the time. I have CB and if i had a child and i was sick near to death i would not kill my child.Why it is becouse i lived my life they had not.

I will never bow to 'Jesus', because I am an atheist and therefor do not believe in your 'god'.

We are getting a little off-topic with this.

If I ever fell pregnant (not that I ever want to), and I was mentally unstable or sick, I would rid myself of the child. At my current state, I am not mentally able to care for a child, nor would I ever want to. I wouldn't want to die and let a baby be motherless and an orphan all their life. They could be abused an neglected as an orphan, or not be one at all. It is really up to the mother what she wants to do with her baby.

Edited by Tazzay

I am disabiled i have CB and if i had a child and was dieing i would make the docs give my child life .Just becouse my life i lived but that child no. Can you make something that is dead alive no so those cells has to have life in them to become a human.You are not dead are you? So just becouse some one is disabled does not mean they can take a life away from anouther human a child no matter how you look at is is a human from conception to birth I do not think that some one has given birth to any thing else other than anouther human.

Edited by Laryal

So what you are saying is taking one life for anouther is ok.So then each and every one that murdered has i right not to go to jail they had a right to kill that person just like a mother has a right to kill that unborn child .The ten comanments thou shalt not kill point made .Killing an unborn child is just like the murderier who kills  someone to me it is the same murder is murder no matter how much you want to think it is not. People have to clear judjments any more to what is realy right and wrong and i see that on this topic as well it is a shame indeeed it is.

When you're dealing with abortion you're dealing with a fetus who is living off of its mother. Pregnancy is emotionally and physically traumatic even for women who want to bear a child, let alone for those who don't.

One person's rights end where another person's start, and that includes the right for a woman to say No, she does not wish to give up her physical autonomy to support the live of another. Whether she doesn't want children, doesn't have the money, isn't with the right partner, was raped... All of these are valid reasons and no woman should be forced to give up her right to control her body just because she has something inside her that has the potential to become a human being.

Our focus should be on better sex education, fighting poverty, bettering society in general so that fewer unwanted pregnancies even happen in the first place. That's the true way to lower the rate of abortion, not driving it underground.

Abortion has been around for millions of years, it's not going anywhere. No matter what the punishment is (up to an including death!) - there will always be women willing to go that far just not to have to carry that fetus to term.

Edited by kerrikins

I don't think you realize that your argument of "well one day you'll realize you were wrong" holds about as much weight with me as, "You day you're going to wake up and realize that there is an invisible pink unicorn standing in your lawn."

What are the views of an extremist pro-choice person? I'm not sure I even know what one is.

I'd like to know this, too.

Perhaps they're thinking of those people who scream about how pro-life people are evil or something? But that's not extreme pro-choice--that's just extreme-anything. Extreme-anything you'll have people screaming for the other side to die/that they're evil/etc.

You know the Lord knows each and every person before they are concieved So if the Lord sees these little ones as humans what does that tell you? You can not say that those babyies do not feel the pian as they die no matter how small they are.I have seen a vidio of a baby reaching out as a doctor worked on his tiny heart and there is a case where they took out a baby not even a few weeks old inside the sace and the baby was jumping around full of life once they cut open the sac the baby looked like a dead glob.My mom worked in life warriors where she helped ladys and girls who where thinking about this topic.She told them what the baby looked like at the stage they were in .alot.png of them changed their minds.She had some call after they aborted feeling sad and ashamed for what they done.She helped them by telling them to give the baby a name.They were so grateful and she even helped by giving them clothes and every thing they needed.The man who started this was a guy who was almost aborted himself but his mother changed her mind he has helped alot.png of mothers out in this just like my mom.My mom still getts calls and she talks to the girls and even tells them where they can get fre stuff.See Life warriors is gone now for the guy knew it was time for him to move on. So what do i think about this each and every woman and girl who with child murders their own childeren. It is sad once you talk to one who has done this they do feel loss and very guilty.One question for all you are you happy your mom did not abort you? I know some of what i said may hurt or upset some of you but this is the truth.If it comes to a women with a life threatening pregancay the doctors now adays can save both their live and with the Lord's help they can survive if he wishes.Also if you are wondering where the guy is who started Life warriors he is a preacher now.Just take a look at abortion vidoies and see what you think afterwards.Those ppor inocent babies getting ripped apart  even before they are born and even poisioned to death. inside the womb can you not feel they pian already if not then  i feel sorry for you.It is making me cry right now just thinking about this.I have seen the papletes my mom had of these abortions as well and would and does bring tears to your eyies. sad.gif

So, it's okay to completely BREAK the mother, beyond repair, so long as she pops out a kid she'll later kill in a fit of mental breakdown? Because THAT happens sometimes. Or that she be forced to pop out a kid who will end up in The System and who will then end up killing themselves? Just so long as, y'know, that baby gets born!

Because, while they certainly aren't what happens to EVERY unwanted child, very real and very sad cases.

Besides, that video? Yeah, that's been debunked. From what I've read, it's a freakin' reflex--not the baby being aware enough to know that it exists AND that the man is trying to help it, AND understand the concept of gratitude, AND be attempting to express it. There is just no way an UNBORN child could be that complex.

Also, I'm an adoption success story! But, I wouldn't care if I was aborted--because I wouldn't be here to care.

Just sayin', but if I got pregnant... It would be through rape. That's the only way at this point in time (I suppose it COULD change, but I DO NOT want kids. Can't stand the crying sacks of poop that babies are.) And, if I were to be pregnant... Well, I'm sure my medication would censorkip.gif that baby up real bad. And, if I were to STOP taking it... Well, the baby will hardly be born if I jump off a bridge now, will it? Seeing as I'm on anti-depressants and dipping in and out of being passively suicidal--and I could easily see that becoming actively suicidal in the aftermath of rape, plus hopped up on hormones, and forced to carry the child of the person who assaulted me--a child I never wanted in the first place.

Added to that, I'd be a horrible parent. I couldn't bond with the kid in the way a parent needs to. I'm not a people person, I cannot LEARN to be a people person--my brain isn't wired the same way as "normies", what with being on the autism spectrum and all. (Not saying ALL people on the spectrum can't bond with their kids--I just personally know I likely wouldn't be able to. Especially considering, as I said, it'd have to be a rape baby).

You know, I've not seen any of your pro-life pamphlets. Tell me, are they kinda like those "go vegan" pamphlets that show inaccurate depictions of animals being horribly treated and violently slaughtered that don't actually represent ALL of meat production?

Because there is a LOT of pro-life propaganda that's just outright lies. The kinds of abortions that would require a baby to be "ripped apart", aren't the norm. If the baby would have to be taken apart to be removed, it's likely being aborted due to being unable to survive/threatening the life of the mother.

Not everything that ends up growing in the womb becomes a human, either--they can die, be stillborn, be born unable to live outside the womb, become a tumor, become a calcified mass, be spontaneously aborted naturally (miscarriage!), etc.

And, sorry to burst your bubble... But there ARE people, some of them right here on these very forums who wish they had been aborted. So... Not everybody is glad that your God saw fit to give them hell for a life, and wishes they were dead. :|

Also... Yeah, you don't know anything. That's like me watching a PETA video and saying I know all about how the meat and fur industry works. And that everybody in there is a horrible monster that murders animals in the most cruel ways possible after torturing them for their miserable lives.

Watch ACTUAL, doctor-approved, non-biased videos. THEN you can say you know what you're talking about.

But science says that they DO NOT possess the nerves needed to feel and the ability to comprehend pain at the stage most abortions happen.

And... Uh... I wouldn't be upset to see a medically necessarily animal abortion. Or an abortion performed because of some other reason. I mean... That'd be silly. It'd be like me getting upset that some animals will eat their babies. o_O

You want to know if those scientists can TRULY know if those babies feel pain... But the fact is, YOU CANNOT GET INTO THE MINDS OF THE BABIES, EITHER, therefore you don't have 100% absolute proof they feel pain. I'll trust science over a book of contradictions that's been so misrepresented it's unrecognizable any day.

If you think human life REALLY IS more precious than anything else... WHY THE censorkip.gif DOES THE BABY TRUMP THE MOTHER. Tell me that. Tell me why the WOMAN is nothing more than a freakin' broodmare, nothing more than an incubator to you? Because you certainly don't seem to give two craps about HER.

And the child will never know hte love of it's family? Well, it won't know the love of it's family if it's mother smothers it as an infant because she never wanted that parasite in her body in the first place. It will never know the love of it's family if it's unwanted and unloved and tossed into an uncaring system, eventually aging out or ending it's own life in despair of never having had a loving family.

You want to stop the destruction of innocents? Then adopt a kid--an older kid, a troubled kid, and give THEM the loving home they may have never had.

And just wondering... Why not kill the child to save the mother? What's the point if the child AND the mother die? Why let two lives end when only one needed to be prevented from beginning?

Stopping a life from starting isn't the same as ending a life. Killing an unborn clump of cells isn't the same as ending an adult human's life. That's really all there is too it.

Besides, apparently they're just organs--according to a pro-life person. tongue.gif So, that kinda means we can do whatever we want with them!

And really... If you won't abort--that's fine! That's what pro-choice means. It means you have the freedom to choose if you want to give birth (or die alongside your child in the process, as is sadly the case sometimes), or if you want to abort.

Nobody wants to FORCE people to abort.

I'm pro-life. In the true sense. I believe in preserving life--AND in preserving the quality of life as much as possible. And if that means an abortion needs to happen, then that's how it works. Because if you don't care about the mother... You're not pro-life. You're pro-forced-birth. And you relegate women to nothing more than incubators.

I wish we lived in a world where the only abortions that happened were those that had to happen because of a medical reason--that nobody ever got pregnant who didn't want the child, that nobody was ever in a situation where they couldn't support the child, that nobody ever had an unwanted child. But the world isn't like that, so it's better to not bring more unwanted children into it than to force them into a world that, for the most part, doesn't care if they get tossed in a ditch and left to rot.

Edited by KageSora

LOl that was so funny i forgot to lough realy i did.Now no matter what any one say mothers do not bring forthn anything other than a living braething human.If those cells were dead there would be nothing no human at all.So they have to be alive to be a human.Like i said i have cerebral palsy and iof i ever had a child it would live.No matter what. The scienst now are so smart they can kep both child and mother alive.If that mother is unsable they need to keep the child alive and let it live withsome one who would truly love it.So saying this life no matter what ,how or when is very important to me anyway.It may not be to some of you which is very sad.

Edited by Laryal

LOl that was so funny i forgot to lough realy i did.Now no matter what any one say mothers do not bring forthn anything other than a living braething human.If those cells were dead there would be nothing no human at all.So they have to be alive to be a human.Like i said i have cerebral palsy and iof i ever had a child it would live.No matter what.

You know, fetuses can turn into tumors.

Also, that doesn't count as a response to Kage's post. A lot of good points were made there, and your post is the equivalent of "lalala I'm not listening." Which, to me, since you've been doing a lot of that, just tells me you're afraid of seeing the other side because you might have to do some thinking about it.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

...Actually, no. Those clumps of cells can be come tumors--sometimes cancerous, IIRC. They can become calcified masses. They can be miscarried.

It's only a "living human" if it survives long enough to be born. There are plenty of things that can go wrong until that point.

And, no, your child wouldn't be guaranteed to live. There ARE cases of the child having a birth defect that literally makes survival outside the womb impossible. There are children born premature who die. There are children who are stillborn--AKA BORN DEAD. There are children who die alongside their mothers because the mother's body CANNOT support the pregnancy.

Wait, sorry, I mean incubators not mothers. Since they don't have human rights, they're clearly not human and just broodmares and nothing more.

If it does become a tumor then i can see why but if is is a child then why take it;'s life so that the mother does not have to put up with?I am not saying that about those who have been rapped but think iss it or was it that poor child's fult no Did it couse the mother to be raped No Becouse it was not around yet.

If it does become a tumor then i can see why but if is is a child then why take it;'s life so that the mother does not have to put up with?I am not saying that about those who have been rapped but think iss it or was it that poor child's fult no Did it couse the mother to be raped No Becouse it was not around yet.

The real travesty would be allowing it to be raised in a situation where it will never feel love because it was unwanted in the first place, or tossed into a failing adoption system.

If that was the life I'd have to lead, I'd rather have been aborted when I couldn't feel anything.

What how can you say that my sister had such a child that did not live but for a few days.My nephew stayed alive long enuff to make sure his twin bother was ok.My sister and her husband put them side by side my nephew who is still alive took my other nephew's hand like saying i am ok brother.The next day the twin who was sick and deformed died.So do not tell me i do not know for i do and when i think about this i cry.

Do you have any idea how expensive and time-consuming and freakin' HARD it is to put a child up for adoption AND to have that child adopted? If it was just a simple matter of handing the kid off to another person, it'd be a lot easier.

But, of course, plenty of people adopt then abuse the child. You can't be sure it'll go to a loving home.

And why should the mother be broken beyond repair so that a baby can have a CHANCE at a decent life? Because that's a form of abortion, too--you're aborting the mother in spirit. You're breaking her emotionally and mentally, killing her in spirit.

Sure, that's not in every case. But WHY should a woman who WOULD be broken be forced to carry a child she thinks is pretty much as horrible as the spawn of Satan himself?

You're saying that I, as a person, am worth nothing if I am raped and impregnated by a man who abused and traumatized me--just because it didn't cause my assault? Gee, thanks. That's a real loving, caring, God-like point of view!

Saying that "if scientists are so smart they can save both" is, quite bluntly, stupid. It's like saying "if science is so good, it should be able to save people who have their heads chopped off/are ripped into tiny pieces!"

I'll also be blunt--there are plenty of times when I wish I'd never been born. There are people right here, on this very forum, that wish they had been aborted.

Do you have any idea how expensive and time-consuming and freakin' HARD it is to put a child up for adoption AND to have that child adopted? If it was just a simple matter of handing the kid off to another person, it'd be a lot easier.

But, of course, plenty of people adopt then abuse the child. You can't be sure it'll go to a loving home.

And why should the mother be broken beyond repair so that a baby can have a CHANCE at a decent life? Because that's a form of abortion, too--you're aborting the mother in spirit. You're breaking her emotionally and mentally, killing her in spirit.

Sure, that's not in every case. But WHY should a woman who WOULD be broken be forced to carry a child she thinks is pretty much as horrible as the spawn of Satan himself?

You're saying that I, as a person, am worth nothing if I am raped and impregnated by a man who abused and traumatized me--just because it didn't cause my assault? Gee, thanks. That's a real loving, caring, God-like point of view!

Saying that "if scientists are so smart they can save both" is, quite bluntly, stupid. It's like saying "if science is so good, it should be able to save people who have their heads chopped off/are ripped into tiny pieces!"

I'll also be blunt--there are plenty of times when I wish I'd never been born. There are people right here, on this very forum, that wish they had been aborted.

I for one, wish I was aborted. I've tried suicide many times and am taking medication for depression and anxiety disorders.

But i'll put this here, as a friend wanted me to post this;

The topic of abortion is really a touchy subject, similar to politics and religion. But they all have two things in common: People shouldn't talk about them openly unless in a very safe and intellectual environment, and they all can't mix. Religion can't mix with politics, politics can't mix with abortion, and abortion shouldn't mix with religion.

That being said, what someone chooses to do with their own body is none of your concern. It doesn't affect you. It doesn't hurt you. It is not your body that is being violated or put up for debate. So why would you go out of your way to do the same to those who think differently than you? Just because people support legalizing abortion doesn't neccessarily mean that they agree with it.

They, at the very least, believe that it should be the parent's choice alone. Not yours, not your government's, and certainly not YOUR god's. It is strictly the parent's. If they look to god for help, they certainly don't need you to shove his/her/their/its opinion down their throats.

There are different reasons for abortion. Rape victims might not be able to handle the burden; they might not just be ready for a baby and don't want to put it into the VERY messed up foster-care/adoption system; or they physically can't have the baby. The baby being dead or that it is certain that the mother or the baby, or both, would die if they carried the baby to term.

The very subject of whether or not the fetus(again, FETUS, not a baby-as a baby is already born) is sentient is a tricky question. It is not your right to assume it is or to assume it isn't. Because it isn't your baby. It isn't you that has to deal with the stress of choosing to abort it or to not abort it. The burden belongs on the parents, and especially on the mother. Whether or not she finds it sentient isn't any of your business.

I'm not pro-life, or pro-choice. However, it isn't right to let people control your your body that isn't yours. So why do you want to control someone else's body.

No i am saying it is not the childs fult so why make him suffer death becouse the women got rapped? It is not fare for the child either think about it.

Edited by Laryal

No i am saying it is not the childs fult so why make him sufer death becouse the women got rapped.It is not far for the choild either think about it.

It isn't fair for the woman to live with something that brings back haunting memories, either.

No i am saying it is not the childs fult so why make him sufer death becouse the women got rapped.It is not far for the choild either think about it.

I responded to this just a second ago. If you're just going to repeat yourself there's no point to this.

I have seen alot.png of mothers whem my mom worked for life warrior have bad memoreies of aborting their own child.They had nightmares about it.So i do know and understand. It is still not the child's fult either way you look at it.The mother wether she had the child or not would still be huanted by that memory anyway.

Edited by Laryal

I have sen alot.png of mothers whem my mom worked for life warrior have fulting memoreies of aborting their own child.They had nightmares about it.So i do know and understand. It is still not the child's fult either way you look at it.The mother wether she had the child or not would still be huanted by that memory anyway.

In my very first post in all this I linked you to a site full of women who aren't sorry.

You can't generalize all women's reactions.

Just like with ANYTHING, some people will regret doing it and some people will be all the better for it, or would have regretted NOT doing it.

It kinda doesn't matter if the twin "saved" the other by being next to it--outside the womb.

Until they're outside the womb, they're not babies. They're fetuses, and they are not human.

Personally, I don't like abortion. And I really don't like abortion that happens after the point of viability. But sometimes it needs to happen, for many reasons. It's truly sad. But I'd rather see the mothers have a chance at bringing a child into the world later (or adopting. Or just not being put through a living hell) than see them treated like useless junk in favor of something that isn't even born yet.

Also, what Tazzay said. It is not your choice what they do with their body. That is their choice, and their choice alone. They are the only ones who should have the right to choose.

If your religion thinks of it as murder, then you shouldn't have an abortion if it is against your beliefs. If you would rather risk your life, or give your life, carrying to term or giving birth... That is your right. Nobody should be able to force you to abort. But, on the flip side... Nobody should be forced NOT to abort, just because somebody else disagrees with it on the basis of religion--a religion the other person may not even follow.

Re:Rape:

So... Why is it the woman's fault she was raped? Why should SHE be punished, not just with the horrific assault she experienced, but with an unwanted burden that will hijack her body and become a parasite on her existence and be a constant reminder for 9 months--or more--of the horrific trauma she endured?

If the rape victim WANTS to carry to term--no matter if she puts the child up for adoption or raises it herself--by all means she should totally go for it and more power to her!

But she should not be denied a chance to recover and move on with her life just because a clump of cells was forcibly created in her body against her will as a direct result of the violation she experienced.

It's true that she likely would be haunted by the memory anyway. But 9 months of constant, 24/7 reminder of the horror she endured may not be the best thing for her. Not all women are able to handle that. Some are, and they're to be admired. But a woman should not be thought less of if she isn't able to endure that.

And you've seen the women who regret--what about all the women who have an abortion and don't regret it one bit? Those who celebrate it, who think it was the best decision they could have made? Those who, even years or decades later, still say that if they could go back and make the choice all over again, they'd still choose abortion?

And what about all the women who give birth, and regret not aborting? What about the women who scream at their children how they WISH they'd aborted them? How they'd abort them if they could go back in time and change their choice?

Edited by KageSora

Still life is life and if you kill a life your are a murder in my book s.Yes i do feel sorry for those who aborted their childeren and regret it at lest they had a heart .I do not know about those who do reget it though.What is a fetus it is a being of the one who bring it to life wether it be animal or human.I can give you story after story about my family and the childern they had some were not even suposoe to live but they did.We were all festuses at one point so what shall we be called if the fetus is not a human from a human mother?

Edited by Laryal

I'm really not sure if I should be posting in here because, well, it's a very difficult subject for me to discuss. I have a hard time even speaking to my husband about it and he knows exactly how I feel.

Firstly, my entire life I've been pro choice. It is ultimately up to a woman as to whether or not she feels she is capable mentally or physically of carrying on with a pregnancy to full term. If abortions were illegal, women would resort to back alley practices. It's something you cannot force on everyone - some women can be 'talked into' having a baby they don't want, but many more will do whatever is necessary to end the pregnancy. Therefore, I've always thought we should have the choice to have an abortion performed in a safe environment and the government/special interests groups should stay out of it entirely.

Second, and this is the difficult part for me, I've been in the position of having to make that choice - whether to have an abortion or not. I decided ages ago that I never wanted children, never cared to make myself a slave to another person's wants and needs nor have I ever been interested in being pregnant or giving birth. I told my ex fiance this and it ended our relationship. When I met my husband I had the same talk with him, that if he desperately needed to be a father then we just couldn't be together because I was never going to subject myself to such mental torture. I've nothing against children, I just never wanted any myself. Two years after we were married I found myself unexpectedly pregnant. It was the single most terrifying moment of my life to see the positive sign on that little stick. We had both recently lost our jobs and were being forced to move in with my parents until we could regroup and figure out where to go from there, so we didn't exactly have any financial means with which to support an infant. I had no health insurance. We had gone through our savings to try and make things work in our former home, but in the end we had to give up almost everything. And, of course, I did NOT want to have a baby. We put that knowledge on the back burner while we packed and moved to a new city to start over. A week after we began settling into my parents' home my husband and I broached the topic, began discussing options. I felt numb all over thinking of going through with the pregnancy and I knew he'd support whatever decision I made, even if it hurt him deeply to agree with me on an abortion. I spent a lot of my time just thinking, wondering if it was normal to feel so scared of something as natural as bringing a life into the world and made a list of the pros and cons of why I should or shouldn't have an abortion. It took me another couple of weeks before I decided that while I may not be cut out for parenthood, the fetus (I wasn't even thinking of it as a baby at that point) wasn't to blame for it's conception and I had to be responsible for my mistake. I decided to carry on with the pregnancy, applied for medicaid until we had employment and could afford private insurance again, and began seeking out a doctor. I was three months along before I finally landed an appointment with a midwife and the first visit she she did a sonogram and I heard the heartbeat. There is absolutely nothing in the world that could have prepared me for that moment. Nor the following ones where I saw the baby in an ultrasound and learned that the blob of cells growing inside me was a girl. That she had two hands with 10 perfect little fingers, a face, and the potential to be someone amazing some day. I fell in love, hard, so much so that I still cry thinking of the choice I almost made to destroy her. I smile brightly when I feel her kick, even when it's my ribs which makes breathing somewhat challenging for a few seconds, and I worry myself sick when she's sleeping and I can't tell if she's okay or not. It has been worth every second of vomiting, back pain, insomnia, and given the chance to choose once again I'd make the same decision.

Not every woman would feel the same way. That's why despite my experiences with struggling through the decision I am still pro choice. I agree that it could break some women because being pregnant isn't easy, nor is it especially safe for some. Adoption is a solid choice for women who don't mind surrendering their bodies and freedoms to another life for 37+ weeks, but I know a LOT of women who would terminate without a second thought. And in the end, it should always be an option. Your body, your choice.

Edit: And I doubt this matters, but my struggles had nothing to do with religion or moral grounds. I'm an atheist and my decisions came from a purely mental place, not a spiritual one.

Edited by gravija

Still life is life and if you kill a life your are a murder in my book s.Yes i do feel sorry for those who aborted their childeren and regret it at lest they had a heart .I do not know about those who do reget it though.

I'm sorry for those who abort and regret... But I'm also sorry for those who don't abort and regret (as well as being sorry for their kids).

I'm not sorry for those who abort and don't regret, nor am I sorry for those who don't abort and don't regret it.

@gravja--Sadly, adoption isn't really as wonderful a choice as people often think it is. I'm a lucky success story, but so many other babies--and older kids especially--get chucked into a system where they're unwanted, and they bounce around until they die prematurely or they age out and are left to fend for themselves.

I really want the adoption system (systems, really, since more than one country has this problem) to get overhauled so that they really can be the amazing choices people want to think of them as. I want the systems to work, so that people who are able to go through the pregnancy can have a safe alternative knowing that their child WILL go to a loving home and will grow up having the best life possible.

But, very sadly, that isn't the case for too many children. And it's horrible.

The system(s) need to be fixed.