Bear

Abortion

All that can be done at this point is to hope for the best for the kid...  Who is going to care for the kid while 'daddy' is at work?  When the kid gets sick?  When 'Daddy' wants to go out for an evening?  These are realities.  

To be fair, those all apply to single mothers as well. Replace daddy with mommy and it still makes perfect sense. I think a father that wants to keep his child would do his best to care for it, but the issue is that the father doesn’t have the hard job of risking their own lives to bring another into the world. I don’t think a man’s desire to have the kid should trump the woman’s desire to not have her life ruined because she doesn’t want to carry or give birth to the child. The guy can always make more kids with a woman that also wants kids; it’s super easy for them because all they need to do is supply the baby juice. 

Quite right in that respect...  

On 5/4/2018 at 2:50 PM, Cecona said:

To be fair, those all apply to single mothers as well. Replace daddy with mommy and it still makes perfect sense. I think a father that wants to keep his child would do his best to care for it, but the issue is that the father doesn’t have the hard job of risking their own lives to bring another into the world. I don’t think a man’s desire to have the kid should trump the woman’s desire to not have her life ruined because she doesn’t want to carry or give birth to the child. The guy can always make more kids with a woman that also wants kids; it’s super easy for them because all they need to do is supply the baby juice. 

Yes, yes, and yes. And honestly it's often not even about simply not wanting to be pregnant for 9 months and have your life interrupted and such, carrying to term is a medically *risky* thing for many women, and it is possible to die from it. Not just from the birth itself, but from possible infections or something going wrong during the pregnancy. Medical practices have come a long way but it is *not* 100% safe for a woman to carry to term. That's my biggest issue with pretty much any anti-abortion stance, the woman should not have to risk her *life* because someone else might want the baby.

Far too many people don’t see it as dangerous as it really is. Some women have bodies that make birth almost impossible. My mother has a narrow pelvic bone that makes it impossible for her to give birth naturally, and was incapable of going into labor without assistance. If modern medicine wasn’t as advance as it is my sister and I wouldn’t be here, and neither would my mom. There are so many people that don’t know such issues are even a thing. Carrying and births are seen as something any woman can do and survive. 

On 5/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, Cecona said:

Far too many people don’t see it as dangerous as it really is. Some women have bodies that make birth almost impossible. My mother has a narrow pelvic bone that makes it impossible for her to give birth naturally, and was incapable of going into labor without assistance. If modern medicine wasn’t as advance as it is my sister and I wouldn’t be here, and neither would my mom. There are so many people that don’t know such issues are even a thing. Carrying and births are seen as something any woman can do and survive. 

When a friend off the family decided to have the baby at home with a 'midwife', my daughter asked if she could 'sit-in' at the birth.  She was 15 and 'Daddy' thought, "Hey, if she see's how painful it is, she might be inclined to forgo sex until much later in her life.   Yeah, right!  Best laid plans of mice and men, etc...sigh.  Laura had an almost painless birth, no stress at all (found this all out later).  Found much later that she (my daughter) lost her virginity at 16.  She now has eight children: five girls and three boys.

Damn, sorry about that. Some women are lucky and don’t have any issues while others have everything that could go wrong happen. It really depends on the woman, like my second cousin has a terminal illness and a few years ago she decided to have a baby since she was the healthiest she would ever be in her life. She almost died and the baby was premature, but thankfully they both survived. Another cousin, my mom’s sister’s daughter, had her child without complications. You never really know which way it will go and not all women are willing to put their lives on the line to bring another person into the world.

My mom had five miscarriages before me, and the doctor was very insistent that she could not get pregnant again because her body simply couldn't handle any more. Of course I'm here so she didn't exactly listen to the doctor.... Some anti-abortion people try to use the whole 'what if your mom had aborted you?!' argument, and that's when I speak up about my mom's experience. She took the risk because she so badly wanted to be a mother. But if she had gotten pregnant accidentally after those 5 miscarriages I honestly wouldn't have faulted her at all if she aborted in order to save her own life. I'm not so selfish that I would rather be alive if it means my mom dying during childbirth. (And I'm not saying anyone who thinks differently is selfish, that's just how I personally see my own situation.)

I’m glad that both you and your mother survived, it’s such a scary thought when you know you could die from pregnancy. My mom had a miscarriage before my sister and I. Her uterus has this little flap of extra flesh at the top which makes it look heart shaped, and any egg that attached to it would detach after growing too heavy. Thankfully it only happened once.