St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

My scroll name, "Stim", is short for "stimulation", which is especially used in the context of sensory stimulation.

My current forum name, Birb, comes from my love of birds, naturally! My previous forum name, Chartreux, came from the cat breed.

Luzadoni_M, for my scroll name, is a mix of words. First bit is backwards word of blue in Spanish (azuL), the other means demon (oni) with a d added (doni) just to pair it up nicely, and the last part I added an initial of my first name.

As for Fionntan for the forum, found it in a name website to use it on Warframe. Is derived from Irish and is defined as "white, fair".

My forum/scroll name comes from where I live. I've been in Alberta all my life, and our provincial flower is the Wild Rose. I've always been interested in flowers and plants anyways, so I decided that it would make a fitting name.

But since I'm the wildest person I know, I couldn't just be WildRose. I had to be the WildestRose :shades:

came from when i decided on what name i wanted for runescape and my brother helped me choose this name since i love kitties and pyromaniac so it fitted together

My scroll and forum name is my Pottermore username that I made yeeeeears ago. I'm not sure if my account there even exists anymore since they did a revamp. But yeah, that's where it comes from. :P I regret it a little bit now, but not enough to change it. I wouldn't know what to change it to.

My username is my favourite Ship (Regina the Evil Queen x Robin Hood) from the TV show Once Upon a Time. I was so surprised it wasn't taken when I signed up.

My username was a mix of things when I made it, Originally I used to use ShadowRiva, which I got from a Game called 'Shadows over Riva' I later on decided to change that to just Riva, I added Hakushia to that which Haku was from Bionicles, the Shia was just added as a last random part to the name :) Stuck with it ever since :) 

First i was wanted to write myself uswrname with another spelling. Its the japanese version of a character name from fairytail manga. Idk who saw the anime or read the manga since its by fairytail blue mistral. Its another edition :D and actually it is reading in english Version Wendy.... 

Edited by wendi

I made up my username a long time ago when I must have been about 8. It's my nickname in real life (Aub for Aubrey) with a Q shoved in for no good reason.

The Triple Crown winner from 1941. I love the history of horse racing and Whirlaway is one of my favorite racehorses.

I changed my forum name awhile back so I might as well post in here about my newish username... Really very simple, Heather is my real first name and Marie is my middle name. I use Marie as my name many places online when I'm not all that comfortable with the site/people yet, but after years of being on the site I kind of want to be known as my real name, lol. 

I myself made mine a reference to BFB 7.

Yeah... I make a lot of BFB references.

My name is actually from a TV show I really loved as a kid. I still watch it every now and then, whenever it comes on and I happen to be near a TV. I've been using this username ever since I had access to the internet.

One of my favorite book series by Melanie Rawn - technically 2 trilogies, but overall a 6 book series:

Dragon Prince Trilogy -

1-Dragon Prince

2-The Star Scroll

3-Sunrunner's Fire

Dragon Star Trilogy -

4-Stronghold

5-The Dragon Token

6-Skybowl

Yes, I've been obsessed with dragons since I was a kid, as evidenced by the fact that I got into the series when I was about 14.  Nope, never been tempted to change my name.  Yes, still a fan of this series.  Give it try if you like long reads - each book is about 500-600 pages B).

On 4/17/2018 at 6:47 AM, Sunrunner said:

Nope, never been tempted to change my name.  Yes, still a fan of this series.  Give it try if you like long reads - each book is about 500-600 pages B).

Very similar circumstances! I had just finished reading The Black Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey, which is still my second favourite book. I was new online, looking for a name to call myself, when I realized that one of the main characters was 'painted' (dyed feathers), and voila, instant screen name. That was near 18 years ago ^u^ Still a fan, and I've never been tempted to change it either. 

I agree with Sunrunner, Stronghold is a wonderful book (the only one I've managed to get ahold of). I want to read the rest. I'd like to add to the list The Mage Wars trilogy (The Black Gryphon, The White Gryphon, and The Silver Gryphon) as well as any of the Valdemar books by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon. Wonderful fantasy reads <3 

Triple meaning name: 

1)  If you say "One that wanders" quickly it sounds like Wonderwanders.

2)  I used to be a "modern gypsy" aka working seasonal jobs for National Park Service all over the country.  Didn't have a house/apartment - lived full time in a travel trailer. Hence: a wanderer.  And I never knew where I'd be next hence "wonder" 

3) I'm a thinker (brain has no OFF button)  and my mind wanders off a lot and frequently the tangents can be hard to connect to each other - if I'm foolish enough to try to talk to someone at a time like that. I've gotten better at communication with time but I'll say "Point A" ...think B, C, and D then jump to "Point E" and leave people going..... wait... huh?! Why and how did we get from talking about a silly cat video to discussing the pros and cons of self-driving Uber cars?

Edited by wonderwanders2

Canadian born, moved to States when 6 and have lived here all my life since the move.  In '69, I became incvolved in citizen's band radio (CB) and was trying to come up with a handle, or name.  My geographically challenged classmates while in Virginia used to call me "Yukon".  So I tried to use that, but if any of you have used CB radio, it just seemed to hard a word.  So I thought about it and tried 'Yukon King", but had the same problem as before.  Hitting that 'KON in the word just made it too harsh. Then I thought, hey Yukon King was an old B/W TV show about the RCMP, the 'Mounties' and like the Rin Tin Tin and Lassie shows, there was a dog featured in the show.  and what kind of dog?  Why a Husky!!  So I have been Husky ever since.  When it came time for me to go online, I started using the same name whenever possible.  My first Online nick was 'Husky5' because there was five in my immediate family.  Sometime later a 'tail' was added on by a forum to separate me for some reason and so it became "Huskly51".  and that is how I got my nick.

Seems like I got it from the same character from other forums. The forums username literally was at first duellist, then I had an idea to make an OC out of the name. It fit the OC very well.

The scrollname is remnant of the playthough of Terraria I once had, but not finished for some reason. Yeah, I was pretty lazy back then, I am lazy today too.

Dang it...  after I posted, I looked above and realized that I had already posted in here...  So I erased it.

Edited by Husky51

i have used this name for about 2008. Flame is from me being a maniac of fire and kitty is one of my favorite animal

I was assigned this number a long time ago, while making an account for the adoptables site "UniCreatures". The site no longer exists, unfortunately. It did give the option to change the number assignment to a chosen username, and encouraged it. I just decided that I may as well keep the number, as we're all faceless online, anyhow. People do seem to recognize it as a proper username after a while, though, despite it being just a random number.

Scroll and forum name comes from mythology

Rousalka is a water nymph and Minthe is a Naiad (water nympht too) and the one who give the origin of the Mint