St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

This is a rather outdated username of mine but this username popped in my mind after thinking about a nice new username for DeviantART and of course it had to have at least 'cat' in it. Too bad CottonCat was taken so the Swedish word for cat felt just as fine.

A realllly long time ago there was a username generator on some site and this came up. I chose this and just use it for everything now (except minecraft).

I don't use this name much anymore, and I'm phasing it out wherever I can, but it's pretty much because I'm a Harry Potter fan. I made it when I was 13.

I have a mild obsession with alliterations. Usually I use a different one (nostalgic neophyte), but sometimes I use this one for forum sites or sites where I can't use hyphens.

Not sure if I've posted in here or not, too many pages to try and look.

I made up the name Cecona when I was about 11 or 12 and played neopets. I was using the randomizer to pick a name for my pet and got something similar which inspired me to create Cecona. It may seem a little confusing but it's pronounced with the first C having an S sound and the second having a C sound. After all if a C is followed by an E or an I it will have the S sound, like ocean or cider.

I've loved the name since and use it for everything online related.

Edited by Cecona

My username was one a friend thought up. Funnily enough, she was showing me a role playing site and singed me up for it. I was in junior high back then, not long after, I found DC and joined using that username. My forum username was just a variant I thought up at the time, but keeping with the book theme.

Pretty simple actually. I like the term "The Shadow", but I felt that was too cliché. So I thought, I live in New Jersey, so how about "New Jersey Shadow", which lead to "JerseyShadow", and then I respelled it, cool-like: "jerzeeshadow"

Oh, and I was chewing on a tea bag with my alien friend named Zoarus from the Third moon of Xendarus. Good times.😵😵😵

My username is the first three letters of my name (Aly) + my middle name (Marie). I added the 23 on the end because I thought it sounded nice at the time.

I don't really like my username now because it reflects my real name too much, but oh well. tongue.gif

When I first joined my very first MMORPG, Runescape, waaaaay back when, it took me about an hour to pick a name. I finally settled on Loki Kanaye.

And I had people start calling me Kanaye because Loki was shockingly popular. And Kanaye just stuck.

I am the real William Shakespeare.

Seriously though, I'm a massive Shakespeare fan. I needed a URL for Tumblr about 4 years ago and I was surprised when real-william-shakespeare was free, so naturally I chose it. It was my entire internet presence for a while, but I'm now realising that it's too long for a lot of websites.

I had to find a new Username for everywhere, not even just here. This was back before Name changes were allowed on the DC Forums. My old username for everywhere was MetalRaveQueen, but that Username has bad memories associated with it. So, I had to find something new...and quick! I chose Metal-n-Monster because I love Metal music and I love Monster Energy. Simple, simple. =3

My DC forum name was kjym16.

kjym16->Simply called myself "Ky" and add a title "the dream worker" -> Got my new online name "Kyath the dream worker"

If I didn't choose "Kyath", then my online name would be "Kyresia"

EmmaScarlet = username I use for anything, but started because of a game :D I like the name Emma and I'd always put a colour I like in my usernames lol.

Scroll... Slyz... it was inspired on Slytherin

Edited by EmmaScarlet

It's a pun, based on the fact that Ruby is a female first name and pretty much always taken when signing up somewhere, so it needed a last name as well.

What can have a gemlike colour on any creature? The eyes.

Just "Dragoness" was taken, so I added a the. My inspiration was pretty simple: I'm a girl and this is a game based on dragons.

Dorchet is a Chimera from Fullmetal Alchemist. He happens to be one of my favorite characters in the manga, even though he was only in it for so few chapters.

Edited by Dorchet

My username is from Animal Crossing. K.K. Slider's name in the Japanese is Totakeke. And THAT name is from Totaka Kazumi, the composer behind many many game soundtracks including Animal Crossing, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Bros, Pikmin, and the Wii menu themes!!

Andromen comes from my love of any astronomy related things :)

I still remember the first time I saw a starry sky with no clouds. It was so beautiful.. So, I named myself Andromen after the Andromeda galaxy (or was it a nebula? hmm)

I guess that's why I love DC's Nebulae and Carinae so much haha

I'm an artist, and I love unconventional mediums. One of my favorites, and one of the few that really stuck and got well developed, was pipecleaners! I also used to be a huge mythology nerd, so when I was thinking of names for my stand when I started selling my sculptures, the Pied Piper popped into my head and I just combined the two.