St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

About 3 years ago I read a manga called "Fruits Basket" and my favorite character was a girl called "Isuzu" or sometimes shortened to "Rin". That's about when I started using "Isuzu" (on one occasion Rin) as a nickname and it just stuck for some reason.

I forgot to explain why i'm named Pikafan2123 (in youtube) tongue.gif

I'm a big fan of Electric types, and Pikachu was one of then biggrin.gif And also i decided to put more numbers to make it sound a little more cool... The original number was "2".

Edited by Rubs

My uncle always called me Philpot. The nickname stuck. My username on everything is some variation of it... except twitter.

Nemmy is actually my real name and also it's name of my RP Transformer character ^^' Not very interresting story about my name.

Mine is a nickname someone gave me years ago. They called me funtime franky but I thought it sounded like a big dodgy so just use franky now

Well "Tig" which is Tiger and "dra" which is dragon and I used to write a book about them and I was thinking about name and I put name like puzzle and I was thinking about Dratig but it seems wrong so Tigdra is stuck and I used it everywhere since.

My name's not that creative, it's just my real-life name backwards. dry.gif Hey, I was going for something simple and easy to remember at the time, and I've never felt tempted to change it.

My name was actually inspired by my favorite Code: Lyoko character (it was my favorite show back in elementary/middle school), Odd. And the dude part I added on to that because I like to say "dude" a lot. The 1 is on the end.... well, just because. I'm number one, I guess. wink.gif

When I was little I went to a Brian Jacques book signing (he wrote the Redwall books; remember those?). I was a shy little kid and just managed to tell him my name, which is Laura. He told me that he knew a little girl named Laura, and that he'd named one of the moles in his book with an anagram of her name: Arula.

I told my friends in school about it, and Arula ended up being my nickname through middle school. Not many people call me Arula in real life anymore, but I still use it online.

Brian Jacques was such a sweet man. Wish he were still alive!

My username comes from an old surname, which itself came from some kind of merge of archaic Dutch and archaic German, meaning "dark wood." That particular spelling of the surname seems to have died out by now - variants like Düsterwald and Duesterwald still seem to exist today, but are still quite rare. smile.gif

My username comes from an old surname, which itself came from some kind of merge of archaic Dutch and archaic German, meaning "dark wood." That particular spelling of the surname seems to have died out by now - variants like Düsterwald and Duesterwald still seem to exist today, but are still quite rare. smile.gif

Dusterwald? MOTHER 3 REFRENCE, YOUR UNDER ARREST!!!

Dusterwald? MOTHER 3 REFRENCE, YOUR UNDER ARREST!!!

I didn't quite follow you at first, until I googled and discovered that "Mother 3" is a role-playing game that features a character named Duster (who turns out to be a thief by profession). Obviously, I never intended my username to be a reference to that game (as I hadn't heard of that game before, not until today) - but it's funny to know about how you connected my username to that game. wink.gif

mine is one that I use for all my accounts that I make...

It's sort of my online Identity that started up because I liked lava and I'm not afraid of anything (except needles...) and I like the number 626... (6's and 2's come up a lot in my life for some reason...)

so all combined I get lavaheart626 or 626lavaheart if the first's taken for some reason...

(however I liked that number before Lilo and Stitch... (darn movie ppl making me look silly...) and pronounce it six hundred n sixty-two instead of 6.2.6. ...)

My 'main' username used to be Spyrogirl, but that always seemed to be taken, so I made TLOSpyrogirl instead. TLO-The Legend of.

I had just finished the reading "The Last Olympian", when I was about to do one of my regular username changes on the WBO. First word that came to my mind ;Titan. So, I thought "Hey, that sounds pretty boss," and typed TITAN, so now my username everywhere involves that somehow.

Edited by Titan

I like Greek mythology, especially the goddess of intelligent warfare, Athena. Athena was always taken, so i made it Athania! :3

Ok it's pretty simple. We all had to choose our screen name at some point. What made you choose yours?

Mine...

ChicknThief:

I have been a chicken fanatic for several years. At one point I had a flock of over 100 birds. Every single one had a name, and a distinct personality. I could tell one apart from the others with ease. There is always room for growth, but I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it comes to poultry. When I was 16, I went to the feedstore to buy some pellets for my flock. The feedstore was closed, but I heard a faint clucking noise coming from around the corner. I followed the sound to a chain-link dog pen, half covered by a tattered tarp. Bear in mind, this was the middle of November in Grass Valley. It was around 33-34 degrees outside and it had been raining/snowing consistently for several days. At first I didn't see anything in the pen, but then I looked closer. What I saw broke my heart. It was a muddy, brownish hen. Lying on her side with her legs curled up, and clucking softly. She was clearly dying. I reached my hand into the pen and touched her. She was non-responsive. I didn't think for even a moment. I ran back to my car, dumped out the contents of my purse, and ran back for the sick hen. I broke the hinges on the pen and gently lifted the emaciated little bird. I wrote a note explaining what I had done and chastising the staff of the feed store, and left it on the door to be found in the morning. I rushed her home. She didn't stir even once on the trip home, and I found myself looking at her more often than looking at the road. She was an interesting mottled brown color, so I named her Tiramisu. I got her home and explained what I had done to my mother, who supported my decision whole-heartedly and had me go back the next day for the other (healthy) hen in the pen.

I spent the next month trying to nurse Tira back to health. And for a while we seemed to be making progress. It turned out, she wasn't brown at all! She was a California Grey. Just a very dirty one. She started to show interest in the oatmeal and egg yolk we were giving her, and she loved all the baby vitamins too. She even started gaining weight. But I noticed that she never did want to stand. So I picked her up to examine her feet... Tira had bumblefoot. A slang term for staphylococcus. A deep staph infection in the tissues of her foot. I must have broken at least 15 traffic codes on my way to get the inject-able Penicillin. I cursed myself the whole way for not noticing sooner.

In spite of the injections, Tira died later that week. A victim of neglect at the hands of that censorkip.gif ed feed store. I raised absolute hell with them about it, and to this day they have never kept a bird in that pen past August. I check. Regularly. It's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Hence, my name. ChicknThief. RIP Tira....

user posted image

Neekerisanni123 was originally the name of my Youtube account. I had to ask my brother to help me with making up a name for the account, because I'm so horrible at making up names that don't sound stupid. So he offered Neekerisanni123 and I checked to see if Youtube accepted it, and it did.

But trust me, you REALLY don't want to know what my name means. You really don't want to know.