St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

Well, I had a game that I've never head of before, turned out not many did, so I decided to use the name. I always liked it anyway.

user posted image

I thought that's where you name came from...just never bothered asking.

Mine is something I randomly thought up about seven years ago.

@Dragon Keeper:

I had no idea the book was part of a series...I'll have to get the others.

And don't worry about it, Vox. Apparently it's really common for my age and region.

O rly?

Apparently mine means twin, although it has other connotations, which is weird because I was a single fetus.

But I do have 4 siblings.

Dx

My name comes from a mixture of ''Titi'' which was my friend's cat name and ''Miny'' that is one of my cat's name <3

yeah.....pretty much it.

Miny was also the name of my character on an online game.

Well, Amber: my name and Ember: the fact that I'm a bit of a pyromaniac

Milady with a Z at the end.

My friends and I had a running joke where we'd add Zs to the end of everything.

I now realize that it kind of pluralizes milady so it sounds like there's two of me. O_o

t'Pishek is the Vulcan translation of a misspelling of my last name (last name is Steele, pishek = steel, t'Pishek = of (the) steel[es]), which conveniently fits the format of most female Vulcan names. (t'Pring, t'Pao, t'Pol, etc).

[/geek]

I dropped the apostrophe at some point because I'm lazy. :B

Edited by TPishek

t'Pishek is the Vulcan translation of a misspelling of my last name (last name is Steele, pishek = steel, t'Pishek = of (the) steel[es]), which conveniently fits the format of most female Vulcan names. (t'Pring, t'Pao, t'Pol, etc).

[/geek]

I dropped the apostrophe at some point because I'm lazy. :B

Cool.

That's interesting.

My name's from a Native American name that means "great" or "the wildest of hearts" supposedly on the latter. It's also the name of a city and stuff.

My scroll name, hey_I_can_fly, is a combination of Peter Pan and my general belief that I have some suppressed ability to fly and/or was once a bird. >.>

My forum name, fly_away_soon, also comes from this belief. As in, "I'm gonna fly away soon. Just watch! =D"

And my nickname, Feathers... I can't even remember where I came up with that, forever ago. *shrugs*

Edit: and my real life name comes from Hebrew and means, "I am my father's joy." Essentially, my name means "Daddy's girl." :3

~Feathers

Edited by fly_away_soon

It turns out my name means

nobleman (high mountain or exalted) son of manly

Mine comes from elvish (Quenya). It is roughly translated as dark or bitter angel, and is actually close to my real name.

My name is a tribute to my Grandmother! "Annie Pimmley" My mum always called her Annie Pimm so I thought yeah that's a good name so I used it ten years ago and I still do.. So thats how I got My name Anniepimm biggrin.gif

My forum name is a personal pseudo-acronym. I just really like how it looks and sounds. smile.gif

Though I'm not sure whether to pronounce it Tan-ih-gee or Tuh-nee-gee...

EDIT: @The Dragon Keeper: Hey, I love that series. tongue.gif

Edited by Tanigi

My name is based off a picture I saw of a rubber ducky on photobucket

It said Emo duck

and I copied the name ohmy.gif

and added my favourite number combo, 598 biggrin.gif

Jus about any EmoDuck598 you see is me tongue.gif

Edited by EmoDuck598

My name comes from the world of Tolkien. I just really like the sound of it, and so I've been using it for quite a while.

Ok. Mine. I had a book of names for stories. And I was signing up for Runescape over wow, close to 7 years now! *blinks*

Anyway, and I chose Loki, but I needed a secondary name. And Kanaye was in my names book.

According to BabyNames.com, Kanaye is Japanese for Zealous one.

(I've been yelled at multiple times for BabyNames.com's mistake, stop yelling at me!) It's also a boy's name. But I liked the sound of it (or how I say it, rather), so. I picked it.

And Loki is such a common nick, that when I went to sign up for other things, I took Kanaye instead of Loki.

dracoon-draconised.

defined as extreme.

I was a member on another site once, and then I had a username with the Swedish word 'Play' in it, so I thought that I was going to use that :3

Well since we're doing real names now...

My name means "God is gracious" and is usually used as a boy's name.

:3

mine is from one of those cute shounen-ai books x3

and my RL name means... 'To exceed artistically in any way'

well at least in Chinese characters since Korean names are based off of that.

Evangeline is my name and the 5432 has a bit of a story behind it.

One time when I was signing up for a site I had been trying all types of user names. I got so mad cause after about 10 tries every user I tried was taken. Well my sis came over and saw my frustration, she said to try adding the numbers 5432 and I told her if I did not get any success after a few more tries I would. Well I used evangeline5432 and It worked...ever since I used this user name.

The original verison was Shalaren. I came up with that name late one night (12-13 years ago) while reading the first Lord of the Rings book. Since then it's evolved into Shalarean. Shea Lar Ee EN

I think it's pretty. I've also used Shalarena. But I didn't like that one as much. biggrin.gif