St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

My username comes from one of my very first Sonic the Hedgehog fan characters, Princess Alicia Violet Jewel. Her name was originally going to be Alisha, but Microsoft Word suggested "Alicia" instead, so I stuck with that. I use this name on virtually every site I visit unless I don't want people recognizing me for whatever reason.

Long, long ago in my CB radio days (1969) I needed a 'handle' (user name). I am Canadian born, but have lived in the States since I was 6YO and some of my highschool classmates used to call me 'Yukon'. As I was thinking of a handle, i thought of Yukon, but it seemed to me to be a harsh sounding name to use on the CB where we tended to talk with a kind of southern drawl.

Then I thought of a TV show that had a dog in it, Yukon King. Well same thing only longer. Then a flash, what kind of dog? A HUSKY and so the Husky was born. I've used it ever since and when I went online, carried it over to here.

The numbers came when I used the Husky5 name for a family account that I had and the forum added a 'tail', the number one. Now I usually just add the number because there are a few 'Husky's" out there

My RL name means "bold or brave as a bear"...

I'm actually not very smitten with my forum name anymore....

However, if anyone here remembers when Spyro the Dragon first came out on Playstation, I was trying to come up with an email address at the time and had the game case next to me. So I picked two words, "pyro" and "menace", then added a "z" as an attempt to tie the two together....

Basically over the years I've been too lazy to come up with anything new, but as my personality and interests have changed over the years, I'm just not fond of it anymore.

To all that are disatisfied with their user names. I have read that a request to TJ might correct that.

Don't want to see him swamped with requests, but this is what I read in this thread earlier...

it comes from a user name that I start to use on a forum which was petite-étoile (little-star in french) and someone started to call me by the english way of the user name. For the french one I chose it because I really like starts and that I'm ''little''. Nothing to do with the song Twinkle Twinkle little star that I heard about it after started to use that name

To all that are disatisfied with their user names. I have read that a request to TJ might correct that. 

Don't want to see him swamped with requests, but this is what I read in this thread earlier...

I'm pretty sure he's said recently that he isn't changing names currently because he might be adding some sort of feature that will allow us to do it or some sort of new name-change-request method. Something like that.

I mean, it can't hurt to try, I suppose, but I'm pretty sure that's been his response the last few times he's said anything publicly.

Edited by FireAngel73

My username is something I wanted to come up with to avoid using my real name everywhere on the internet anymore and the old username I had in college was pretty stupid. Actually, the first three letters of my Kamoodle are my full initials. One of these days, that will change when I get married, but for now...I'm good.

My username is actually the name of my dog!

My scroll is the Japanese name of the video game character Phoenix Wright.

Shinobi stands for a ninja, it's the original japanese word for a ninja

also the masterz is because shinobi was taken and i tried different combinations but nothing got through except for Shinobiasterz

my real name, sanjin, comes from dreaming, the one who dreams

I...umm...like earwigs.

Yeah. But I had a different name before I chose this name (on a different forum), so this was originally an alt but...it stuck!

I...umm...like earwigs.

Yeah. But I had a different name before I chose this name (on a different forum), so this was originally an alt but...it stuck!

... What are earwigs? >..<

Nezumi chan has always been a nickname for me with my friends. It came from one of my friends who was determined to give out animal nicknames to all of us in Japanese. Even though I neither like cheese or mice, she managed to come up with Nezumi-chan because I run around a lot and nibble my food (on occasion!). So... that's where my name came from.

My name is just something random I came up with one day. But I like blue jays, so that definitely played into it.

I've been using Nekodiscord for years....I was big into anime in hs and had the nickname neko from my friends. Then I added discord because cats are very talented at creating chaos and discord...thus NEKODISCORD! woo!

edit: as I was writing this post, my kitten was climbing up the back of the couch to try to attack my head, he succeeded and then fell on my keyboard, triggering random stuff on my computer, and there I have proof of the discord cats can create!

Edited by nekodiscord

Well I've been Krystal Sharz for at least 5 years! Krystal is my middle name and I loved Shard as a cool last name, but then decided to change it to Sharz to sound more original.

Padfoot is the name of (In my opinion) the only cool character in harry potter. Before you rage, I have read all the books but stopped watching the movies after the 5th one(you know why)

I got the name because of my constant lack of shoes. I refuse to wear anything other than flip flops all year round and I go barefoot as much as possible. Over the years, I actually developed padded feet and cannot feel where the callus is. This, along with my behavior, gave me the nickname padfoot

And Paddy I shall be laugh.gif

Haha, nice padfoot! Well, my name comes from my favorite book series. It is a word in the Ancient Language from the Inheritance Cycle. It means Lightning! I just thought it sounded cool, so...

My name is a mix between my fav brawl char and my fav mario Character.

Toon Link and Yoshi. biggrin.gif

My name comes from the, in my opininon, best character in Dragonlance. But Raistlin was already taken the first time I registered on a forum, so I thought about adding a number and 24 was (and still is) one of my favourite TV series.

. . . . I like saying hi to people in other languages . . .

My favorite color is blue....and my favorite greek deity was Apollo (now I like Hephaestus). BA is my first and last initials backwards.

My forum name kind of ... popped into my brain. tongue.gif

My actual name, my parents got from the dictionary.

Hephaestus is the ugly god, right? The blacksmithy one? (sorry for my ignorance.)