St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

This is a name I use a lot. It was originally inspired by the Night Mares of Xanth, characters in a book series. The Night Mares are named after the seas of the moon. I chose Nectaris as it sounded neat to me, and have been using it ever since.

Edited by Nectaris

I wanted the name to have draco in it.

My sister wanted an element.

I couldn't spell whatever one ahe wanted very well.

So we settled on platinum.

I've used the username "Nightshade" for almost 10 years now. (I came up with it on a Redwall roleplay site - I was Nightshade the fox).

I try to use the same username, or a variant of it on all sites I go to.

I've been using Lady Nightshade as a fill in for Nightshade (since it's usually taken).

Since I couldn't get that for my scroll name, I settled with "lady_nightfox" - basically I just used the fact that my character Nightshade was a fox, so I added it in.

My forum name is the same just so people can easily view my scroll.

Heres my username history:

Kenopets(now Anetheria):kenopet6(Cuz I was six when I joined, and it was called Kenopets back then.)

Kenopets Oekaki:kenopet6(above.)

Hinata's Oekaki:kenopet6(...)

Some other Oekaki:Poke_lover(I loved pokemon.)

Some other site:flarie(I liked, and still like, fire.)

Dragon cave:Drako_tamer (Couldn't find any other names, so I took the word 'draco' and changed the c to a k, then put an underscore and the word 'tamer'.)

DC forums:Drako_tamer(same story.)

Because I'm a grandma to...

Jacob

Ashlyn

Alex

Kolton

and

Khalia

If my kids have more babies, I'll just have to come up with something different.

well Mesa is my nickname everybody calls me like that and 13 is my favourit number it's also a lucky number for me biggrin.gif

Enitsnid is my middle name spelled backwards. It's a stupid middle name, I don't know what my parents were thinking when they picked it out. xd.png

Dinstine? That's actually really pretty! Better than mine!

Zovesta... god, that's a name that's been with me since I was, what, 4? 5? >_< My sister had a roleplaying character, Briar, and she was, basically, the briars from Beauty and the Beast. I wanted a character, too, so I decided on a cat anthro with magical powers (young and naive as I was, I called her a cat-demon/human)... at least she was a total greedy ass and wore a hideous outfit (a bright orange t-shirt with a magenta skirt), so she wasn't a complete Mary Sue. I wanted to call her "Sylvesta", a female very of "Sylvester", from Sylvester and Tweety Bird, but I was horrible at pronouncing things, so it come out as "Zovesta". I asked my sister how you wrote it, she told me, and I've been using the name ever since. Zovesta is basically me. >_>

My forum and scroll name are from an old guinea pig I had named Snickers. (Snick for short.)

One night at 3am, she woke me up making this sound like a smoke alarm. Scared me half to death. I thought something was wrong with her, so I rushed over. Snick looked up at me, popcorned around the cage, and then went back to sleep. I was so mad at her.

Apparently the sound she made is called "chirping", and it's very rare; as in most guinea pig owners may never hear it. The article I read also stated that the owner would be very priveliged if they ever heard this sound from a guinea pig. At 3am, I didn't feel very priveliged at all.

When I was signing up for YouTube, I wanted a name with 'neko' in it, since most people online knew me as 'neko' at that point. (I went by nekohanyouonna on Neopets and Gaia) So, I was trying to think of something, and I came up with 'inu'. 'Neko' is Japanese for cat and 'inu' means dog. So, I was basically a catdog. When I migrated to DeviantArt, 'NekoInu' was taken, so I randomly tacked on '525'. I think I may be the only NekoInu525 on the internets. I've googled it and only found myself... I'm also NekoInu on a fair number of sites...

As for my real name, I apparently chose it myself. My grandma and my mum went through a list of boy's names, since the doctor had told them I was a boy. (Fail on the doctor's part?) Then, they started going through girl's names and I kicked when they said 'Elizabeth'. :/ So, I chose my name and I hate my name. It's apparently Hebrew for "God's Promise" or "God is my Oath".

When I was signing up for YouTube, I wanted a name with 'neko' in it, since most people online knew me as 'neko' at that point. (I went by nekohanyouonna on Neopets and Gaia) So, I was trying to think of something, and I came up with 'inu'. 'Neko' is Japanese for cat and 'inu' means dog. So, I was basically a catdog. When I migrated to DeviantArt, 'NekoInu' was taken, so I randomly tacked on '525'. I think I may be the only NekoInu525 on the internets. I've googled it and only found myself... I'm also NekoInu on a fair number of sites...

As for my real name, I apparently chose it myself. My grandma and my mum went through a list of boy's names, since the doctor had told them I was a boy. (Fail on the doctor's part?) Then, they started going through girl's names and I kicked when they said 'Elizabeth'. :/ So, I chose my name and I hate my name. It's apparently Hebrew for "God's Promise" or "God is my Oath".

The fact that you kicked makes it seem like you hated it then, and were angry that they suggested it.

Well, rainpeltstar comes from the fact that I got Rainpelt as my warrior name from the generator on the Warriors site.

And Rainstar just sounds cool to me, so.

my Screen name is rushan , which is also my real name.

There are no meanings to this name in most of the languages here , but i know there is a rushan mountain range somewhere in asia ... heard about it ...

I used to draw a cartoon cat called Sparkey. He was green. Then Neopets came along and I was like I NEED A USERNAME LOL. So I put it together. And then I used it for everywhere.

What's odd is that I want to start drawing that cat again but people who call me Sparkey will find it weird that the cat has the same name xd.png

I've always had 'wolf' or 'skittles' in my usernames. biggrin.gif And recently, I've been reverting everything as w0lfy. That's my Gaiaonline account, leetles account, and plenty of other things. My old usernames were blackwolf1792, then wolf within me. Now it's w0lfy!

My forum and scroll name are from an old guinea pig I had named Snickers. (Snick for short.)

One night at 3am, she woke me up making this sound like a smoke alarm. Scared me half to death. I thought something was wrong with her, so I rushed over. Snick looked up at me, popcorned around the cage, and then went back to sleep. I was so mad at her.

Apparently the sound she made is called "chirping", and it's very rare; as in most guinea pig owners may never hear it. The article I read also stated that the owner would be very priveliged if they ever heard this sound from a guinea pig. At 3am, I didn't feel very priveliged at all.

LOL my little sister's guinea pig Zelda does that sometimes... Only during the day though...

My forum name is my favorite book character ever (I'm such a nerd) - Shay. From Uglies. You know, the book most of you have never heard of.

my scroll name is another character from Uglies. .............

I've read the whole series plus Extras for a project, we ending up making a spoof of Extras. I'm sorry to say it wasn't that good.

My name is from.... when I was little, and was making an account on...... something I don't remember. I had 5 parakeets at the time, and 13 is my lucky number, so I stuck them together. I hadn't really expected to spend more than a day or so on DC, so I just kind of slapped it down. I'm glad I didn't choose something totally ridiculous now. tongue.gif

Well, one of my usernames on Gaia used to be Translucent Hazard, and then ....something else... Hazard (Hahaha xd.png) and so here I was like, Gah, need a username. So I chose Hazard, and then the first thing that came to mind.

Which happened to be Force.

For some strange reason.

That I don't really remember.

. _.

I have been considering changing my forum name to something else, though...

rainpeltstar, we have another warriors fan! i read the story of how yellowfang gave her kit to lizardstripe to care for in one of the extra books. i liked the name lizardstripe, i just didnt think "stripe" went well with it though. i joined a few sites, needed a name, and i started one site with the name lizardfire. only one. forever after that, i went with lizardtail. very few sites am i not lizardtail. if im not lizardtail, its because its taken. which makes me feel depressed lol.. so now we have lizardtail. just about everywhere. i dont mind being called lizard though. biggrin.gif

people get confused by my username... sad.gif the 98 IS NOT the year I was born, they are two numbers that I like when they go together, it's an OCD thing, like 98 look good together, but 3 and 6 don't, see, I won't even type them together.... anyway the hime, is actually hi me, as in hi to myself, it's also the romanticize form of princess in japenese, though i found that put after I got my account...

Well i'm an Aquarius and i love the water. And an Aquarius is kinda like a guardian of water. (yes i know i spelt guardian wrong but oh well)

So that is how i came up with my name smile.gif

kay = My first name starts with K so I just made it longer to "kay"

night = I'm a night person not a morning person.

Bantz- On another forum I was nicknamed Bantz, after my love for chickens

Ville- My family carries a surname of Ville on my mothers side and well the street I live in contains the name "ville"

First initial, middle name, last initial. Had to come up with it after my first Neopets account got frozen.

There's this series out by Shana Abe about a tribe of shape shifters called Drakon. They can change from human to smoke, but the most coveted form is, you guessed it, their dragon form. The second book in the series is Dream Thief. I've always loved the title, so I borrowed it for my user name; my sister's using the title of the first book 'Smoke Thief' as her user name.

As to my real name, I think its origin is Welsh...

~ Dream