St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

As for my real name, I apparently chose it myself. My grandma and my mum went through a list of boy's names, since the doctor had told them I was a boy. (Fail on the doctor's part?) Then, they started going through girl's names and I kicked when they said 'Elizabeth'. :/ So, I chose my name and I hate my name. It's apparently Hebrew for "God's Promise" or "God is my Oath".

I like Elizabeth as a name.

L A G were my initials growing up and a friend of mine called me Laggy. I didn't like y's much at the time so I changed it to Lagie.

My real first name is Linda, Spanish for pretty, but came from a song ~

"When I go to sleep, I never count sheep. I count all the charms about Linda."

My middle name is Anne after Anne of Green Gables.

Mmm, ChefLagie, I've always wondered if your name was pronounced 'Laggy' or 'Lay-jee'.

I have a lot of usernames. I'm not really comfortable with Kazeko anymore, because Kazeko is a name I haven't used in a while and it's sort of a representation of a person I used to be.

Kazeko is from the Japanese, 風 + 子, meaning (roughly) wind-child, alternatively "breeze". I used it when I was obsessed with the anime/manga thing, which I'm still interested in but nowhere near as much of a weeaboo. I've kept the surname, Aozora (青 "blue" + 空 "sky"), but if I have to use my "Japanese name"--the phrase makes me cringe now--I go with Karasu, 烏 meaning "crow" or "raven. It's nice and non-gender-specific.

Other usernames--Corvidae (Magistream), Archaeopteryx (Arvyre, Hydra), RedTailHawk (IRC, EpicMafia), and Eclectus (KGS, OotG). I use those the most often--Archaeopteryx is the latest. I like bird names. Archaeopteryx-- it sounds cool, and it's a transition species; it's a bird with teeth and an awesome swishy feathertail. Corvidae--corvids, crows and ravens; smart and funny with handsome black tuxedos. Eclectus--parrots; extremely sexually dimorphic, originally thought to be two species. RedTailHawk--self-explanatory; beautiful, beautiful birds.

Che and Tch are the my favorite noises. And I just added yu...

Fan of D.Gray-Man, by any chance?

Edited by Kazeko

*sigh* My name is a stupid combination of two random objects that I was thinking about the moment I needed a username. See, I like Harry Potter, and I liked wolves...so Potter...wolf. Get it?

I much perfer play_smom and have begun to use that when I join new things because it's more personalized and not so obvious. I also adore underscores. They look like faces. dry.gif

Sigh, I couldn't think of anything else except a Happy Pink Owl- I just made up my username off the top of my mind! xd.png

Edited by Happypinkowl

My username and scroll name are just variations on names I've been using on sites for ages: Thorndove, Thornfury...you see what I'm getting at. xd.png

My username and scroll name are just variations on names I've been using on sites for ages: Thorndove, Thornfury...you see what I'm getting at. xd.png

Hm, I thought you were another kid that ripped a name out of the Inheritance Cycle. (To Clarify: Thorn)

Guess I was wrong. xd.png

As for my nick, My RL name. cool.gif

Well, with a Normal A, ofcourse...

Edited by Ælex

impi is my Finish lapphunds (thats a dog-look it up!)name!

Edited by impi

Super Twiggy? Well, that comes from... well... my extreme Turtwig love and mixing it up with an adjective. (And the fact that someone's Twiggy around DC... which means I can't use it.)

My name means cat in Finnish. My favorite animal of course. And, my family is from Finland. smile.gif

I used to rp on a Warrior cats site, and my name i got was SpeedyHeart! So, I've kinda had an attachment to it and i said why not!

Unlike most names with numbers, the 7 actually means something.

The implication would be totally different if my name was 7flats

When I was young, I went by another name. I'm not proud of those days.

On my 16th birthday, I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up:

The Best.

People asked me, "What do you want to be Best AT?"

I said, "No. No 'At.' Just THE Best."

They laughed, of course. Figured I was joking. Only now do they realize the error of their ways. Only now do they realize that I was serious, and that I would not rest until the title was mine.

For the next Eighty-Three years, I roamed the world, seeking out the select few who considered themselves "The Best" in their chosen field. Whether it be running, swimming, drawing or breathing, I found them. When I found them, I challenged them to a contest. A contest to see if they were truly worthy of being called The Best.

I'll admit it; Several times, I lost. Long periods of my life were devoted to practice: Hours upon hours, days upon days, sometimes even weeks or months - I would train. I would practice until my lungs burned, my fingers bled, my body cried out for relief.

Then I practiced some more.

It took me a long time, but one day, I realized something. There was no one left to challenge. No skill I had not mastered. Out of all the people on Earth, not a single one existed who could beat me in anything. This left me with only one choice.

I had to leave Earth.

Now, I can't tell you how it happened, or what I had to do to get there, but somehow, I found my way to Heaven. Don't ask what it was like. You don't want to know. Once there, I sought out Him. He goes by many names, but the purpose he serves is always the same: The Creator. The Root. The Beginning. I faced him, and though his form was truly magnificent to behold, I did not back down. With a smirk on my face and determination in my heart, I challenged God to a battle. A battle to see, who really was...

The Best.

I can't say how long we grappled. To list the various trials we undertook together would take more time than you have to offer. Long story short, I struggled a good deal, but eventually, I emerged victorious. Exhausted, I looked Him in the face, and said two words.

"Say it."

I could tell it pained him to do so. To say it would negate all His teachings. It would make a liar out of God. Still, I would not be denied. Victory was mine, and I demanded my prize.

"Fine." He said, sighing angrily. "You are..."

Ours eyes locked. His gaze was filled with reluctance. Mine, with anticipation. Silently, I mouthed those same two words. Say it. Again, He sighed, though this time, there was no anger in the sound. Only acceptance.

"You are truly incredible. I've existed for millions of years, and still, I've never found anyone quite as amazing as you. You are a monument to all that is excellent, and a guiding light for all who wish to achieve greatness. But only a guide. You'll always be beyond reach. No one can touch you, because your splendor is beyond the comprehension of any living being apart from myself. Even I don't know if I can truly grasp it. Again, I can't express quite how glorious you are. You are quite the sight to behold, but I will hold back my tears. Instead of crying, I will just say... Thank you. Thank you for being..."

For a moment, He paused, searching for the right words.

"Simply, The Best."

---

And THAT children, is the story of how I got my name.

I really like dragons, and I like shadows and mist and stuff, so... Ta-da! DragonMyst. I just changed the I in mist to a Y cause I think it looks cooler that way.

Edited by DragonMyst

My name is from... well I'm not too sure why I picked this name.

Aisu means "Ice" in Japanese.

I have used this username on diff. websites for many years...

Well, it was a long time ago, but everyone used to call me 'The Dragon of green fire'. They all feared me cause I razed a few of their villages and consumed half their populations or something... Iunno... It's all hazy. But, anyway, i'm using Greenfiredragon because it's shorter.

The 1 is there because just plain old 'Greenfiredragon' was taken and i'm number 1 Greenfiredragon of the millenium. So, uh, yeah...

Well I love shopping, it gets my mind off of a lot of stuff and I'm a girl (obviously tongue.gif) and the numbers I just added because it sounded cool. Thats how I got my name here.