darkangel787

Eragon vs Twilight?

Which is better: Eragon or Twilight?  

381 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

>.< They can't be compared.

I love Twilight, but I love Eragon as well.

*Voted Eragon though laugh.gif I fell in love with it in 6th grade*

Always Eragon! *-*

I hate romances but I love some war and adventure.

So yeah. You can pretty much see the difference x3 Twilight is good, but just too... predictable for me.

Eragon.

Twilight... I knew it was going to end the way it ended up so far... straight from the beginning when someone shoved the book in my face. I never touched it. I knew. Horrible book... horrible movie... even people whom have read the books say they should have never read it. Plus, everyone is Team this and Team that and WHAT!? You're not on my Team!? I hate you!!!! Which I refuse to get involved in, even with the Hunger Games. I refuse.

I'm so close to finishing Inheritance (five more pages....) yet I have had the book taken away from me by a few loyal friends who say getting school work done is a first, reading is the last and homework gets shoved in the middle... .......I want the book back... two more minutes and I would've been done! Not even! Sheesh guys, c'mon...

Eragon all the way though.

dragcave is about dragons, not vampires and werewolves fighting each other. anyway HP is waaaaaayyyy. better than vamps. just saying.

i vote eragon because i liked the series and how he wrote it. twilight on the other hand was a book that never caught my interest on the shelf due to the fact that my friends said it was bad and never recomended it to me

When I actually read twilight I liked it, but I'm also kinda into kinky dominant/possessive stuff. Though I attempted to read the last book and just.... couldn't. I never liked the glitter in the sun part either, I don't want my vampires to glitter I want them to get hurt if the sun touches them. I couldn't ignore all the spelling and grammar mistakes too, but honestly, the fandom was what really made me turn away and start to dislike it. I did not want to be even remotely associated with that kind of insanity involving little girls going through puberty. Hormones make them crazy as censorkip.gif.

Eragon is one of my favorite series and I always hated twilight so Eragon is the best. Also I have only read one other series that tops Eragon.

Eragon all the way. I wouldn't say that I would reread it, as I did start the books in 6th grade and didn't finish them until 9th grade. I'm sure if I read them again I might not like them as much, but for now I have a lot of fondness for them. Plus dragons, duh.

Twilight. Erm... no. Just no. I know I shouldn't judge before I read the books, but honestly? I barely have any time to read as it is, I'm certainly not going to waste my time on cheesy glowy vampires with a ton of romance and werewolves and whatever. And the fandom is scary as well. From my observations Twilight kind of turns you into an obsessive zombie... like, my cousin has read all of the books at least 12 times and plows through fanfiction like nobody's business. She has lists to keep track of them and everything. I'll admit that I'm a bit obsessive and sometimes choose to express my excitement vocally when it comes to fandoms, but she's been doing this for years and it's a little bit scary.

Just my 2 cents.

Eragon, I suppose. Star Wars in a dragon rider style is better than botched vampire lore, imo.

Christifer paolini couldn't write an original book if his life depended on it. He just combined Star Wars's plot with Lord of the Rings's setting.

I'm surprised at the lack of Twitards on this thread.

Anyway, I chose Eragon. Mainly because I've never read Twilight (and I'm never going to, thanks to all the horrible excerpts I've seen and Edward's stalker tendencies - stalking is not love, it's creepy).

That said, I don't really like Eragon, either. I LOVED the movie (Garrett Hedlund was great as Murtagh), but the book was incredibly boring. I couldn't get halfway past it. ...See, I've been a David Eddings fangirl for 13 years... Eragon's plot is SO similar to that of the Belgariad that I eventually went "OK, rip-off. Not reading this again." and dropped it. And yes, the Belgariad is far older - it predates Eragon by 21 years (in fact, the first book in the series is six years older than me).

The Twilight books were good while the movies sucked.

I like Eragon better as it has dragons, elves and dwarves. The books were interesting, I hope that they make a 2nd Eragon

I haven't read Eragon, but I've seen the movie and that was a mistake, except for the dragon, I did like her. She reminds me of a moonstone dragon.

I refuse to read Twilight. Why? Cause it'd be a big waste of time. I would rather read Guardians of Ga'hoole, Redwall, Warriors or Harry Potter. Those are the Really good books.

I hated Twilight before I even watched it. Because people (mainly teenage girls) were going, "Oh my GAWD Twilight was like so epic! Oh Edward is so cuuute~!" they came out of the theaters crying and saying how great it was.

When I see people having a crazy fan-attack like that, it's just a big turn off. dry.gif

It was the same for Justin Beiber. He makes one song and it's all "SQUEEE!! JUSTIN BEIBER!!! OMG!!!!" *gags* (no offense to normal JB fans out there. I only really hate him because of how he is acting nowadays and because all my friends called me stupid because I didn't like him or his music. I prefer rock and other kinds of music. sue me.)

Getting back to the Twilight topic, they've got it all wrong. Vampires are suppose to HURT when in sunlight, you know, the burning, flaming, exploding into a fireball or disintegrating into dust. not shimmering like he just got out of the water.

And didn't he bite her in the first movie, yet she didn't go vampire then? Um, isn't she suppose to be a vampire when that happens? Or at least become his servant?

I didn't mind the werewolves too much, since they didn't stray too far away from the original werewolf lore, (other then transforming whenever they want to and being in control of themselves) But again, not every werewolf story should be that way, since Jacob wasn't a monster. (And I did think he was cuter then Edward.)

I watched some of the first and a little of the second and couldn't stomach anymore.

When it comes to vampires I follow the lore of Count Dracula.

Neither?

I made it through the first Eragon book and was really facinated at how blatantly it ripped of Star Wars. I couldn't get through 5 pages of Twillight before putting it away - so technically I think Eragon was less terrible to me, but guys why not read GOOD books? huh.gif

Neither?

I made it through the first Eragon book and was really facinated at how blatantly it ripped of Star Wars. I couldn't get through 5 pages of Twillight before putting it away - so technically I think Eragon was less terrible to me, but guys why not read GOOD books?  huh.gif

I think most of us do read good books (or decent books at least), but they're not so much fun to rip to pieces.

I am currently reading one of Pratchett's books (don't know the title in english and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, it's one about the creation of paper money), and while not my favorite so far, it is as brilliant as most of his books (I still find the Guards to be my favorite, and Mort was fantastic).

That one I'm reading it with time, enjoying every page, like a good meal. I don't want to hurry with it, I want to appreciate it.

But last month I read The Wise Man's Fear, from Patrick Rothfuss, and dear Lord, was it terrible!

I had read The Name of the Wind and already thought it was a pretty bad book, but since I hate not finishing sagas, I gave it a try.

Next time, I'm getting my lazy bottom to the library. What a loss of 10 fantastic euros.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

I think most of us do read good books (or decent books at least), but they're not so much fun to rip to pieces.

This. Also, I read Eragon the first time when I was very young and loved it in the first read. I started the second book and never got into it. Anyways, some time later I re-read the first one as I wanted a refresher before I picked up the second book again, and it occurred to me exactly how bad it actually was and was somewhat appalled that I had liked it the first time.

Twilight I have never read, romance has never been a genre I am interested in, nor am I fan of vampires, traditional or sparkly ones. So between that and all the bad stuff I hear about it, I have never read it and never will.

Edited by Nectaris

I haven't read the last few chapters in inheritance (cause i don't own a copy)......and i have never read twilight (which i want to do), this is my ratings and how i see them

Eragon - movie: Sucks, and they didn't get some places right

twilight - movie: was to lovey dovey, but i enjoyed the last to movies

Eragon - book: excellent, it was good.........

twilight - book: haven't read

also if you hated twilight movies check a parody movie called Vampires suck, it actually has the guy who plays aniken skywalker from the clone wars animated thingy.........

When I first read Eragon, I didn't think it was awful, but I didn't think it was good either. By that time, I had read LOTR, much from Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms, and Death Gate Cycle amongst others, so this amateurish book was nothing of a novelty to me.

(I happen to have the same issues with Rothfuss book, there is nothing original or compelling about them for someone who is mildly literate in epic fantasy literature, and to ruin the genre to please those who do not like epic fantasy is just insulting).

I read the second book and, I found funny how he was comminting the same mistakes I commited during my 15-20 years. Characters lacked in characterization, Gary Stu character, and a heavy focus in telling instead of showing.

Then I read the third, and I saw the very same mistakes I had grown out of 5-6 years earlier, but magnified. The focus in book size, in melodramatic scenes and heavy purple prose was just terrible. People kept praising him because "he is a child", but the dear child is 3 years older than I am, and I am heck as sure not a child any more, and haven't been for the past 8 years. The "boy" was born in 1982-1983 (can't remember exactly which of the two it was) so him being 15 is no excuse any more.

Upon investigating and running across some interviews, I saw this guy was so full of himself, he actually believed to be some sort of Tolien reincarnated.

I even read somewhere (not sure if it is true), that his parents don't allow him to read bad reviews. That might have helped him inflate his ego, along with the fact that he is homeschooled and I'm unsure about his socialization (he sure shows a heavy lack of it in his books, since his protrayals of human relations are completely inaccurate).

As for Twilight. I came across the first book in my local library, way before it became a mass phenomenom. I don't like vampires, to be honest, don't find them interesting in the very least, but try searching for some good werewolf literature.

I am a Jim Butcher fan and was thirsty for some urban fantasy. This seemed like a good attempt and... well, it was free, so I picked it up.

Dear Lord was it bad!

But, unlike Paolini, I have to give Meyer this. She does not believe her books are good. She wrote what she would like to read, and based it all upon a dream. It just so happens Meyer likes reading trash xd.png

Between both books, I'm keeping Twilight for one thing alone. I had to force myself to read Inheritance and found it terribly boring.

Twilight was stupid, silly, full of mistakes and had way less plot than Paolini's books, but didn't bore me so much as he did.

However, it is more fun to analyze Eragon than Twilight. Being heavier in content and all, from a technical point of view, you can get more stuff from them than you can get from Twilight. There are even full on hypotheses about the rebels and the evil emperor, and who is truly hurting the empire.

You can't read so much into Twilight. tongue.gif

So, to read, Twilight. To analyze, Eragon.

Books of Twilight: Good

Movie: Awful

Eragon book: Great

Eragon movie: Okay

I've seen a lot of people hating on Twilight. (and I am part of that group too, I am proud to say!)

I don't like Twillight either xd.png

I LOVE Eragon though! I eveny watched the movie xd.png

I voted "both are the same". I've never read Twilight but I really don't care for the concept of it, and I've read and seen Eragon and wasn't impressed with its lack of originality.

Eragon has dragons and elves, Twilight has sparkling vampires that rip out babies with their teeth. Not much of a contest, really.

I've heard a lot of people say that Eragon was ripped off of other things, but I didn't see it when I read it. Admittedly I read it quite a long time ago, so it's more than possible that I just missed the obvious, but eh. Even if it is based heavily off Star Wars and LotR or whatever I'd still much prefer it over Twilight.