TheDarkCynder

Fable

Ok. Lionhead, you really fail hard in the biology department.

My character is white. My wife is white (first one I saw that didn't have a grating voice, so I had my character marry her). All three of my kids have been black. Seriously, I could understand if one of them had been black, but...

It even says in the loading screen "Biological Children 3", so yea, either you have no idea what genetics is, you're lying to me, or something else is going on.

Don't have a problem with it, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't try for that king achievement where I kill a bunch of wives and divorce a bunch.

Lionhead did this as a joke.

Was it Elise? Because if you marry Elise/Elliot (Gender difference..) they'll always work in the kitchen, and have black children. >.> Hrr.

If not, I guess it's based on the same thing..

Im scared to play fable 3 Im a die hard fan of fable 1 fable 2 i havent beat yet and 3 just looks erritaing.... I dont like frech revolutionary war look to it Im stikcking with my midevil games

Im scared to play fable 3 Im a die hard fan of fable 1 fable 2 i havent beat yet and 3 just looks erritaing.... I dont like frech revolutionary war look to it Im stikcking with my midevil games

Fable III isn't placed too far after Fable II, the only real 'revolutionary' thing about Fable III are the soldiers.

I think I'm going to do something totally selfish with my Christmas bonus this year... I'm going to buy myself an XBox 360 so I can play the Fable games. I played a little bit of Fable 3 at my friend's house, and I was really enjoying it. laugh.gif

Where did they say they weren't releasing the PC version? I've only heard it was pushed back...

played all of them and loved them i'm currently working whith the gnomes silver keys and achivements have almost cmpleted them all yay ! I completed the game twice before my brother even stated ... he was kinda pissed that i told him what he had/should do this and that smile.gif

My view on fable is as so:

First Fable has amazing story, second story is a balance between story and graphics, but the third is amazing graphics, story not so much.

I loved them all, but I found Fable 3's story kind of weak. As I do in all games with good/evil choices, I did evil first. I didn't do any of the things I said I would, then found out... I saved them all. Slight twist there, but not enough. Then I did the good side, and bought/built what I told munitions I would, and they were all slaughtered. This annoyed the crap out of me, because if I wanted to walk around doing good afterwards, I couldnt.

Have you played the games? Or were you interested more in morrowind?

My personal opinion was that the original fable game can truly never be surpassed, but Fable II/III do have the incredibly dashing Reaver <3 then again the gameplay with jack of blades and the mechanisms from TLC were just glorious biggrin.gif

Nothing can top the first Fable imo xd.png

I LOVED that game ;o;

-wants to replay it now-

Nothing can top the first Fable imo xd.png

I LOVED that game ;o;

-wants to replay it now-

Exactly! I actually lost my disks for it, so I rebought the game over xbox live, its still just as impressive as the first time xd.png

Ah, Fable... I've played all 3. I'm surprised that Lionhead abandoned Fable 3 to work on "The Journey", a lot of people are pounding them for that. I have the Xbox 360 version for Fable 3.

I have all of the weapons, many are fully upgraded, i'm fully good, everyone survived, and I have 68 million gold, plus 12 million in the treasury.

wink.gif

*cries a little on the inside*

so could be a great video game but 3 was yet another disappointment

am NOT getting journey looks terrible

and I got the control, thought it was so ugly

and I like having each family member having their own control

so since mine broke, got this one to be sure no one got mine mixed up with theirs

it has since grown on me and I like it

BUMP! Why hasn't anybody replied to this in a long time!? xd.png

I love the Fable series, but the first one is definitely the best. Fable 2 is great, but not as amazing as Fable. And the Fable 3 demo was fun...but Fable The Lost Chapters still tops all. xd.png

I can't say I'm looking forward to what Lionhead is doing next-- Fable: The Journey. It's completely railroad, and uses Kinect only. They said they're going to do a normal Fable 4 shortly after completion of this thing. I think they are rushing themselves.

The new one is stupid. dry.gif I'll stick with killing balverines and trolls with my analog stick, thank you.

I agree, Wii and Kinect are okay with the movement stuff but i play my games with controlers, especially since i was born with one in my hands. Fable is a great series, i hope they don't ruin by rushing and having required things like Kenect because i don't like it.

This is a vague memory, but I think I remember reading that it was supposed to be a normal shooter without RPG elements.

Not. Fun.

I know a few things about The Journey, but Lionhead doesn't say much to their community this early in the first place.

From the wiki:

"After the first demo was shown at E3, there was a backlash from a large number of people (particularly those from the Fable fan-base). The game was shown as an "on-rails" shooter as opposed to the conventional RPG format of the previous Fable titles. Peter Molyneux has since apologized during an interview, stating that the reveal of the game was done poorly and that the developers took a risk by removing "the navigation system" from view, which is where much of the criticism came from. He went on to say that the games of the main Fable series were separate from this one as, in terms of plot, it would not focus on the "bloodline"."

Plot: (From the wiki)

"You are a normal Dweller who comes across Theresa, who has been wounded by a darkness called The Corruption, which is taking over Albion, and must take her to the Spire to restore her power."

Lionhead isn't very generous with information this early, but that's what I could scrape up. I'm all for Lionhead making a Kinect game. I have a Kinect. It's amazing, and I'd love to see more games for it, but Fable...? Meh.

I'm guessing "The Darkness" from Fable III is "The Corruption" the wiki mentions. So that basically renders the ending of Fable III null and void. I think. Anyway, the character you play is only going to be able to use magic throughout the game from what I have seen.

What do I think? I think Lionhead should have never have started this. They totally abandoned DLC and patches for Fable III, and I think they should have went to working on Fable IV, or a completely new game! They're pulling the strings on Fable without knowing what to do.

well, if they do decide to go with this new game, i hope the do it "right"

and not make it some cheap pull, like the way they are portraying it

SPOILERS

I played Fable III. I finished the game, and iT was fun, but... it's so depressing! You literally HAVE to be evil, or EVERYONE will die!

I don't think I can ever play it again.

I've played all the fables and i'm a complete beast i love all fables but the lost chapter is the best. Just because i like the first one then a get the added bonus. so if there are any questions just PM me!

SPOILERS

I played Fable III. I finished the game, and iT was fun, but... it's so depressing! You literally HAVE to be evil, or EVERYONE will die!

I don't think I can ever play it again.

You don't HAVE to be evil. tongue.gif You can also raise all of the money yourself. I did. I have 56 million gold. I was good AND saved everyone.