TheDarkCynder

Fable

So, I searched and didn't see a topic for Fable and I wondered if anyone plays it.

It's a roleplaying game. There is Fable, Fable II, and soon to come out Fable III.

I've played both Fable and Fable II, but I only own Fable II.

The first game is for Xbox and PC, the second is for Xbox 360. The third will be for PC and Xbox 360.

Fable 3 aaaaaaaaahhh! cant wait. It's probably gonna be just like the second one though.

I really wanted to buy the second one but haven't had the chance to..

I really enjoyed the first one actually! So much to do in it..

Fable 3 aaaaaaaaahhh! cant wait. It's probably gonna be just like the second one though.

Have you seen any of the gameplay trailers? They threw out pretty much everything from Fable 2. Even the health bar, and expirence orbs.

I played the first one and really liked it. I kind of forgot all about it when I heard that Fable 2 was coming out for Xbox only. I don't have one so I never got to play it. Guess I'm in this time laugh.gif

Too bad the PC version release date is still TBA dry.gif

I own them both. I've beaten them both.

Oh goodness, I probably have a lot of rent waiting to come into my possession in Fable 2, cause my 360's broken. Still have to stop procrastinating and lookinto fixing that...

Anyway, I love the Fable games. I think the first one may have been better than the second, especially ending-wise, but they both have their pros and cons. I definitely love the whole family aspect of Fable 2. I have a lot of families... xd.png I just like kids. It's a part of who I am, an overwhelming motherly aspect, so I married a man in every town (including the demon door house) and I have 2 kids with each of my husbands. Only time it gets annoying is when they won't go away when I want to be bad... dry.gif

Demon Doors are another part of Fable I really like. It scared the censorkip.gif out of the first time I encountered one in Fable 2, though... So wasn't expecting it to just come out of the wall like that...

I also like playing as a girl in Fable 2. That's a pro for that game and a con for the first one, IMO. I always play as girls when given the choice.

Demon Doors are another part of Fable I really like. It scared the censorkip.gif out of the first time I encountered one in Fable 2, though... So wasn't expecting it to just come out of the wall like that...

Oh, this for me too.

When I first played it, and heard the yawn, I froze and hit pause and sat there for a few minutes before unpausing to see what it was. xd.png

--

I pre-ordered Fable III..

Did anyone hear about this? I mean, this is going overboard a bit..

user posted image

I might get the controller, though. tongue.gif

Fable 3 also has a book...

I..... am just super excited. and that is all.

edit: after reading this thread now I wanna go play Fable 2 again but I played it a couple times already

edit:

Okay. Due to an insane amount of boredom, I'm going to play Fable 2 again, only this time I will be as evil as possible.

Edited by Odio

Only about 17 more days until the release of the game in the USA.

I think i'll share some information i've gathered.

FACTS:

-It is set 50 years after Fable II.

-The decisions of right/wrong will not be black and white like in Fable II. For example, one decision will be: (Spoiler, i'm writing this small, so highlight it to read it.) You have a 'crush' throughout the game. Depending on your gender, this character's name will be Elliot or Ellise. You most likely will find a bond with this character in real life, they teach you a few things about love. They are the 'weak' and 'scared' type, so you will probably feel bad for them and have the want to cuddle them. If you're a good character, and have good moral in real life, this will be hard for you. The decision is for either Logan (Your brother, the king.) to shoot Elliot or Ellise or you can kill a small group of innocent people with your gun.

-You can touch other people, such as shaking hands.

-The dog will be back.

-Online co-op will allow the other person to use their own hero and dog.

-Online co-op will have a better camera, both users are free to venture without being 'attached' to the other.

-Your dog will have worse behavior. tongue.gif

-There is another land you can visit.

-You will become king/queen.

-You must use gauntlets to use will.

-You can use two will abilities at once, for example, inferno and wind can create a fire tornado.

-Theresa and Reaver will be in this game.

RUMORS/UNKNOWN:

-Using will may age your character.

-You will not start off at childhood in the beginning of the game.

-The music box will make a return.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

I was rather dubious about the game series to begin with, but after I was introduced to the second game, I was hooked :3

I want to play the first game and it's possible I will be able to borrow it. I will also probably be pre ordering the third game. I'm liking idea for a less linear good and evil system, the mixing of "spells", and the return of the dog. Seriously, they can't just give you a dog then take it away the next game. I want my pooch '^'

MUST ADDZ 3 TO LIST! I have Fable 2 but I found the questing...disappointing. The main quest line was too short.... I hate being good and mostly become evil and always do *cough* adult *cough* things....

MUST ADDZ 3 TO LIST! I have Fable 2 but I found the questing...disappointing. The main quest line was too short.... I hate being good and mostly become evil and always do *cough* adult *cough* things....

The quest line was one of the things Lionhead said they were fixing.

I'll probably be getting it. Although I doubt I'll have enough spare time to really go through it.

The first one ROCKED. It's one of my favorite games. I never got to play the second, because I don't own an Xbox. The third one? TOTALLY ASKING FOR IT FOR CHRISTMAS. biggrin.gif I can't wait!

My boyfriend is a Fable junkie. I'm going to lose him for a couple of months after this comes out. Still, my goal in life is to have it sitting on top of the 360 by the time he gets home from work on Tuesday. He had been working 60-70 hours a week and needs a break.

He wants Castlevania too, but doesn't think it will be fair to the game to buy it in the same week he gets Fable. It will get abused and neglected in favor of Fable. Poor game. Maybe next month.

Whew!

(A few spoilers in this bit.)

I got it yesterday, the first day it came out. wink.gif Limited edition + the contoller + the book.

The game is great! The choices are hard, and so far the storyline flows. The only thing, is Lionhead was a bit dissapointment with the graphics, they glitch a little at times, but i'm sure they'll be patched.

Some of the choises aren't right or wrong, and some where you really, REALLY want to do the bad thing. I'm never evil, it actually hurts my feelings, and i've had to make a few evil choises. :/

Remember the spoiler I said a few posts up, about having to choose?

Well, if you pick for your crush to survive, right after you have to leave the castle with Sir Walter Beck, leaving them behind and not telling them anything as you leave right away. A few hours in, if you do this one quest called 'Kidnapped!' You must help a woman/man retrive his/her fiance...

You guessed it. It's your crush.

I was VERY surprised as this part of the game. You go into a cavern to get them, and your character is like, "Elliot?!" or "Ellise?!" (Depending on your gender.) As you lead them out of the cave, you have to either tell them to marry you instead (Evil) or let them marry the othe person. (Good) He/She hints at wanting to marry you, but also says that the other is a good person.

As for me? I went with marrying them myself. smile.gif I couldn't resist, he was mine first, and he will always be!

Warning- for anyone that has or gets the game soon, do not do a quest titled 'The Game'. Its glitch makes you have to start the game over, and it shows up about 5 hours in. You get locked in a room, you're supposed to step on a platform after killing some wolves, but a LOT of people can't get the door to open. You can't fast travel either, as you're shrunk in the quest. Many people have had to start the game over, I didn't have to, but I read this on Gamestop's forums.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

I don't know if any of you have comcast but there is a Fable 3 like, preview that is pretty amazing and you should check it out under G4, it's free to watch!!!

I loved fable never knew there was a second one out there. I am going to have to check that out and the third when it comes out.

For anyone who has played or is in the process of playing, I am begging. I need help. I don't have a high def TV and all of the instructions are coming out slightly blurry. I can't read the text, which teaches me how to do basically everything in the game. Since I can't read the text, I'm stuck in the tutorials with no idea how to get out. Even when I get up so close to the screen that my nose is literally almost touching it, the words and buttons are still blurry. I need someone to type out the very basic commands for me so I can read them and move on with the game.

Please let there be a good Samaritan out there who will help me. I've googled, I've asked in the chat (apparently we are limited on gamers in the chatroom at the moment), and I'm about ready to scream.

Ok. My experience in fable 3 has been completely ruined. Spoiler ahead.

Spoiler ahead:

OK: so I was playing the game and the darkness was coming. Said I had 121 days left. So I figure, what the hell, might as well wait to donate the rest of my gold, there might be a fancy new property opening soon, after all, I have 121 days left.

Move on.

Bang.

Darkness is upon me.

WTF. REALLY? I'm sitting on over 3M gold, and I can't do anything with it? WTF? I only had 2.5M in my treasury. Good job at giving me ZERO warning that this would be my last chance for anything.

Completely ruined my experience in the game.

Ok. My experience in fable 3 has been completely ruined. Spoiler ahead.

Spoiler ahead:

OK: so I was playing the game and the darkness was coming. Said I had 121 days left. So I figure, what the hell, might as well wait to donate the rest of my gold, there might be a fancy new property opening soon, after all, I have 121 days left.

Move on.

Bang.

Darkness is upon me.

WTF. REALLY? I'm sitting on over 3M gold, and I can't do anything with it? WTF? I only had 2.5M in my treasury. Good job at giving me ZERO warning that this would be my last chance for anything.

Completely ruined my experience in the game.

Yeah, it does a massive skip.

For any Fable III players on right now, I can give you any amount of money you'd like, just ask if you have Xbox LIVE. My Gamertag is RatCats.

The ending is a bit dissapointing, and I think Lionhead overhyped this game, like they did for Fable II.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Oh god. I only get to play Fable 3 at night, cos the kids hog it during the day, but I was up till like 2:30 last night after like 4 hours of playing... And still wasn't tired. xd.png

I only completed *one* main mission from the story line, too. javascript:emoticon(':blink:')

It's just so addicting, though! Every time I plan out what I'm going to do, I change it up! So many things on my list! Upgrade my sword, save up my money to open that chest, buy all the buildings, ect. And It doesn't feel like a chore doing it, either

I tried playing the previous Fable games, and couldn't really get into them.... But I'm happy with this one

Spoiler Edit: Even though, yes, the only four royal days before the darkness is annoying. But, since I let the kids beat it before I even started (Only took them like a day cos they followed the story and nothing else) I knew what I had to do and planned how to save up the money. And even if you don't get it, the only difference is if you do or do not fight the darkness yourself (is what I was told).

Edited by SayaAki

Mrr, Lionhead, we better start seeing those things you promised, or in DLCs. I don't see a lot of features I recall you saying.

Whoo! I beat the main quest for the second time, saved EVERYONE, (had 8,000,000 gold in the treasury), was good doing it, and didn't get knocked out a single time. cool.gif

Ok. Lionhead, you really fail hard in the biology department.

My character is white. My wife is white (first one I saw that didn't have a grating voice, so I had my character marry her). All three of my kids have been black. Seriously, I could understand if one of them had been black, but...

It even says in the loading screen "Biological Children 3", so yea, either you have no idea what genetics is, you're lying to me, or something else is going on.

Don't have a problem with it, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't try for that king achievement where I kill a bunch of wives and divorce a bunch.