TheAhiru17

What's your favorite genre of music?

Punk is my number 1 favourite. Many punk's subgenres, too, like hardcore, garage, oi!, crust and anarcho.

I also love classical music.

I don't listen rap or heavy metal very much, although I like some artists, like Wu-Tang Clan and Black Sabbath.

If I have to pick genres, I'd say goth/dark wave/rock genres. However, I also love the world/new age/ambient genres.

My favorite genre of music is Classical. My favorite composer is Ludwig van Beethoven. I like listening to music from video games as well, namely from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, Lord of the Rings Online, and TES V: Skyrim. I enjoy listening to soundtracks of fantasy movies and series too, such as those from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogies.

Really into power metal recently, but other than that I think I listen to a lot of indie/folk music, and alternative.

I'll listen to pretty much anything, I don't really have a particular genre. If a song is catchy and I end up liking it, I like it. Simple as that.

Though there are a few boybands/singers ect that I can't stand because they have no talent and are only famous because of looks and can appeal to 12 year old girls.

I'm pretty sure y'all know what sort of "singers" I mean...

I'm a fan of metal and rock, but really into Eurobeat again in these days.

in general i kinda lean towards electronic music i guess but i'm not too picky, i like a lot of acoustic artists too. im pretty into vaporwave and future funk right now......

Been listening to a lot of folk music lately. Guitar and fiddle music with a nice vocal harmony. <3

I grew up on the Beatles, Motorhead, AC/DC, and other bands like those so I'm heavily into metal and rock.

But I've discovered things like the Sex Pistols, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco (old panic! is gr88), Green Day, and My Chemical Romance... so...

Hard rock, classic rock, alternative rock, metal, punk rock, pop punk, post-hardcore, and some screamo/deathcore and emo mixed in there.

I LISTEN TO EVERYTHING 

But my favorites are

Complextro (Should I be disappointed? XDD)

1900’s music

Epic orchestral

ancient music

any music with unique sounds

Did I already post here? Eh.

Mine are power/symphonic metal, hard rock, folk, and alt stuff. I also like classical.

2 hours ago, Sesshomaru said:

Mine are power/symphonic metal, hard rock, folk, and alt stuff. I also like classical.

Guessing from your sig you like Blind Guardian? :D 

I also like power metal and symphonic metal. Also Celtic music, folk and folk pop, K-Pop/rock/indie, and musicals! I’m kind of all over the place haha

@AmaNoGawa I might enjoy a few tales from the twilight world during nightfall in Middle-earth, at the edge of time.

I love anything Celtic, too. Right now it's mostly Celtic punk and folk-rock fusion.

Edited by Sesshomaru

I fell into the post-hardcore the first minute I've heard it! I always loved rock genres (mostly alternative music), and raised myself listening to Linkin Park and Evanescence. Love their lyrics, still missing the old nu-metal, tbh.

But as a 90's kid, I'm also into the electronic music. I liked eurobeat/eurodance and other EDM, when I was little, and somehow managed to recognize its vibes in different vocal trance tracks. I can also listen to retro-wave, but I still prefer more agressive and dark music, so I would probably choose drum and bass or breakbeat over them all.

My main requirement for music is being melodic first and foremost and having a deep meaning. I also find the lyrical aspect of songs very complex and important.

nu metal, death metal, metal, rock, synthpop, indie, punk rock. stuff like that

I'll name some oddball bands I listen to you may not have heard of before.
Will Wood and The Tapeworms, That Handsome Devil, Red Vox, Sound System 009, and Tubeway Army
(If you listen to any of these due to my reply you MUST report back to me lol)

My favorites are punk (mostly pop punk, but still), classical (mostly to go to sleep or relax), and electronic. I especially like early FOB and PATD (less so now than before, but sometimes I get in a mood where I can only listen to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out for two days straight). I also like some songs by Modern Baseball, Sorority Noise, All Time Low, The Front Bottoms (occasionally), TOP (also occasionally), Neckdeep, and a handful of other random artists. As for electronic, I like to listen to it but I don't listen to any specific artists other than All Levels at Once (a fairly obscure indie artist that my brother found when we were in high school)

Other than that, I don't really dislike any genres of music. Even the ear-grating machine noises turned music that my bf listen to doesn't really bother me too much. Makes me a little uneasy, but other than that it's not... terrible. For some reason, though, whenever any song has a part that's reversed or something it sends a massive chill down my spine. No idea why, though

2 hours ago, tuxedocatatonic said:

Even the ear-grating machine noises turned music that my bf listen to doesn't really bother me too much.

I wonder how that sounds like. Can you name a few examples?

15 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I wonder how that sounds like. Can you name a few examples?

This is one of his favorite artists

13 hours ago, tuxedocatatonic said:

This is one of his favorite artists

Checked that out: it's not what I wish I would hear, but thanks anyway. :)