1. I've been married for 18 years.
2. From this you can extrapolate that I'm probably older than most people here. This is the case at work, too. However, I'm almost always the youngest one in any friend or social group.
3. I've dealt with depression and other mental disorders since high school, but I'm managing them now better than I ever have.
4. Maybe these aren't interesting facts, but I guess I wanted to give some context? No, not really; I'm just accustomed to giving the same introductory facts every time I talk about myself in a group.
5. I'm always super eager to participate in "ice-breaker" activities, from, "Tell us your middle name and your favorite movie," to the kind of trust exercises you expect at wellness retreats.
6. My middle name is Marie and my favorite movie is Apocalypse Now, but I can't watch it more than a couple times a year. I get really intense about it and I have to watch it all without pause if I start it.
7. I have two cats, each of Japanese Bobtail heritage (not purebred). They're a mommy and a daughter and as they get on in age (12 and 14) I'm increasingly dismayed that no other cats I ever get will have that unique closeness and love for each other. When one dies and we get another cat, I'm going to cry for weeks because they won't treat each other like family anymore.
8. I love Star Wars (even the prequels), Hello Kitty, Transformers (IDW and G1), dinosaurs, Evangelion (NGE and rebuild), and Bjork.
9. All my Shimmers and Tinsels are named after Bjork songs.
10. I'm an excellent speller. Like, really good.