RheaZen

Humpty-Dumpty

Fully expecting a lot of hate, but...

Came up in another thread, decided to split off into a different thread.

What if, if you had the dead egg of a certain breed, you could use an action that could put the eggshell back together, so you have the semblance of an egg of that breed but nothing inside?

-Gotta go now, @ school-

Wouldn't that encourage people to kill things? D:

*huggles eggies*

Or at the least, require absolutely no dragon-raising skill? E.g. for a hatchling, I have to have around 600/200 and 2 days, and for an adult I have to have around 1500/500 and 5 days... for a dead egg I don't have to have anything. It kinda seems like it would be rewarding failure....

Edited by TPishek

I think freezing eggs has been suggested before and has always been shot down, though I don't understand why. There are quite a few egg sprites that I like a lot and would love to have permanently on my scroll without taking up egg space.

I agree with TP. I think it'd encourage people to kill their eggs.

I like the idea though. If we altered it a bit, I'm sure we could come up with something that would work for the majority of DC. :)

Also. What orcachick said. Exactly what I've been thinking.

Edited by akawarriorslover

It may be rewarding failure, but I also see it as sort of... a risk factor. With Bite and Earthquake, not all dead eggs are from neglect. Also, for people who can't manage to raise their dragons... all they'd end up with would be "frozen" eggs.

I dunno, this was just something I was throwing out.

Oooor Pygmies could have "Collect" as a BSA, so you could tell them to look for shell fragments where your recent (IE Unfrozen, unmatured) hatchling has been... No killing needed, just a fresh hatchie.

True, no killing needed... but how about an option to try and get an eggshell from a killed egg?

Say, for the BSA... 75% chance of an eggshell being assembled, with 25% of the time the shell being too broken to remake.

And for the killed egg, 5-10% chance?

Oooor Pygmies could have "Collect" as a BSA, so you could tell them to look for shell fragments where your recent (IE Unfrozen, unmatured) hatchling has been... No killing needed, just a fresh hatchie.

I don't under stand this. Explain? xd.png

I don't under stand this. Explain? xd.png

An action performed by a dragon - BSA. Like Incubate or Influence.

Pygmy uses "Collect" and collects bits of eggshell from a freshly hatched hatchling (not yet matured or frozen). You take the shell remnants and manage to put the egg back together.

Mmm, I really like the idea of "frozen" eggs being just the shells put back together - buuut wouldn't like it if it was just from dead/killed eggs. I've never yet had a egg die on me, and I'd kinda rather not have to intentionally kill one in order to get the pretty egg...

If there were a way to get the egg shell from hatched eggs as well, I would be quite happy with there being an additional way to save the dead eggs as well - perhaps an option that'd come up toward the end of the time a dead egg would hang around on the scroll? "Do you want to discard this egg shell, or try to piece it back together to save?"

i think maybe only have the option after a hatchling hatches? but no chance if it died? like, the dead hatchling is still in the dead egg, so you cant salvage it? that would not make it a reward for failure. maybe only be able to do it before the hatchling matures or is frozen? and only while its on your scroll

Edited by xxdragonxriderxx

Iunno, it makes sense to be able to get an egg from a dead egg's remains... I did suggest an extremely low percentage chance of getting an egg from a dead egg, as opposed to the BSA chance.

but people are against it because some people might kill eggs for that chance. which having it hatch would fix. personally i would be very upset if someone killed one of my bred eggs just for the chance to pick up shells.

i still like the collect egg shell pieces idea

i think it would work great for pygmies or mints

im not against it, i would absolutely love having some of the eggs on my scroll. especially the autumn wub.gif. but most people are afraid that people will just pick up and kill eggs to get the shells. if the hatchling has to hatch and stay on your scroll to do it, that solves the issue of egg killing.

Getting eggs killed is part of the game. This might up the risk slightly, but chances are most people will prefer to use the BSA.

How about this:

Pygmies/mints or whatever dragons that are chosen has the BSA of 'collect' with putting eggshells back together from hatched hatchies with the percentages above.

THEN (here's the kicker) The action is still available for dead eggs, but the chance of getting the dead egg put back together is much lower than if it hatched. That way, people aren't motivated to kill, but the option is there if an egg does happen to die. BAM problem solved, ideas merged.

I like this idea a lot, but what about eggs from limited species that you're already at your limit for?

*Shrug* If your at your limit, you can't get an egg, so I guess you cant do the shell thing. I mean thats only dealing with holiday dragons and the guardian of nature dragon...

I think that would be pretty cool. There are some cool sprites that would be cool to permanently have without taking space.

This has been brought up before and has always been shot down. Personally I don't know why it bothers people to kill eggs, we do it to make vampires and neglecteds all the time. I think freezing an egg should take up an eggslot for 24 hours like killing one does so people don't just go through the AP on a freezing-spree, but otherwise I like the suggestion.

Edited by platedlizard

This has been brought up before and has always been shot down. Personally I don't know why it bothers people to kill eggs, we do it to make vampires and neglecteds all the time. I think freezing an egg should take up an eggslot for 24 hours like killing one does so people don't just go through the AP on a freezing-spree, but otherwise I like the suggestion.

This. There should be maybe a bit longer cooldown, or less freezing spots? to better prevent mass-killing eggs.

There are so many pretty egg sprites I and others would love to have on scrolls. Why to even work so hard on lovely shiny pixels if we can't even have them. Limited quantity dragons (Valentine, Christmas, GoN) are a different story, I don't believe their limit will ever be raised because of an egg sprite.

I also like LoveOfTheMoonChild's idea, it sounds more "dragon friendly". d:

Edited by Light Concorde

I'd like this, as long as there was a way to get it from hatched eggs, too.

I mean, it'd be useful for if you use EQ/Bite or are going for a neglected, or if you just ran out of time because of reasons or if it died from sickness.

I personally think that there should be a separate egg freeze limit from the hathcie one.

Also, I personally think it would work well if there was a way to track if the frozen egg was from a manually killed egg or an egg that died from sickness/lack of time. That way frozen eggs could occupy eggslots in the same way that dead eggs currently do--a 24 hour wait if it was manually killed, or not taking up a slot if it died from "natural" causes.

I like this idea, only if it used the BSA. Maybe on the dragon's page there could be a link to the egg it hatched from. Also if the nilia pygmy is picking up the pieces left over, wouldn't there be some missing, making the egg look cracked?!