dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

2 dragons make a egg and you abandon or gift it and they name it mixed with the parents name like this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Vuic

i gave away a green egg in ap and somebody got it and mixed the two names (:

i just wish i knew the person's account and say how awesome that was

Edited by dakota1431

I love it when that happens biggrin.gif I feel all fluffy... I think it's happened.. at least once. One of my gold's named Gloco Oco and one of his children is named Oco Biscuit xd.png

I Haven't Had This Happen With Any Of Mine I Don't Think But It Is Pretty Neat When It Does ^^ My White Stripe Has The Surname Ici'Fira Or Something Similar To That All Through Its Lineage So I Figured I'd Give Her The Same To Keep It Going o.O I Dunno If It's Someones Lineage Project Or Anything I Just Thought It'd Be Neat To Keep The Name Going For Her Lineage

Ah, yes, that happens to me on occasion. or else they follow a naming theme I have going. I really like it when a naming theme is followed, since a lot of them are obscure themes or themes that would require research or prior knowledge to understand. That's always awesome, since it means they liked the theme enough to bother following it. :D

Edited by AngelKitty

I love it when this happens.

Yeah, I picked up an Alt. Black from the A.P. and I found out throughout its gold x black lineage, the golds were all named with 'Dawn' in their names and the blacks with 'Dusk' in theirs, which I thought was pretty cool, so I carried that on.

I do this. I have a 2nd gen Nocturne with a mother named "Stone by Day" and and father named "Warriors by Night", his name is Wodan NightWarrior, playing on his father's name. My naming theme is a surname of sorts passed down to the offspring of the same sex as the parent dragon. I also froze an Earth hatchling whose parents had Stonebane and Stoneswallow in their names. His name: Pebbledust. Heeee biggrin.gif

One of my dragons fathers names are Porfirio the First. I named his child(the dragon I got) Porfirio the Second.

omfg xd.png I bred him!! <3 (Sorry about not naming the mother yet because she's cb so I want the name to be extra special. =p )

But yea, I name based on parents on occasion when I need inspiration for names. xd.png It's also always nice to find out when people name the offspring after the parents.

It makes me feel so... accomplished when that happens. I don't know why, but it just feels good. Its probably happened more than once, but I know of at least once. I even have a few released bred dragons named after me! Theres something that tends to make my day.

Someone kinda did that to one of mine lol. It makes me smile whenever I see it. I bred a second gen Bluna, Kaytoh, with a second gen '09 Valentine, Tryphina, and their baby is named Kaylina. Ish so cute! ♥

Whenever I have trouble naming dragons I go to their parents, I name this way quite a bit. Also I like it when I go through my dragons and see that people have used my dragon's name or my clan name for the baby. It makes me feel like people appreciate the names I gave my dragons. biggrin.gif

It made me smile when I saw that someone named Anu Aztec Warrior's son Anu Azteca, or Anu Guardian of Heroes' kid was named Greyshield Anu.

I really do love when this happens. xP It's a nice surprise to find a person who's used names mixed from their ancestors on a child bred from my dragons. smile.gif

When I take a dragon from the AP, I do that too. Giving them a clan name if their parents have a surname, for example. Now my Nocturne, Dusk, will become the matron of Clan Alppiruusun. x3

I don't have a naming scheme for my dragons but I've been thinking of making one...

Anyways, it is nice when someone names their dragon from the lineage/parents. I do it all the time and it helps with naming dragons. CB dragons are the ones I have the most difficulty with xd.png

Yep. My gold is named Golden Lionblaze, and his mate is called Allegretto Dream. Some similar names of their offspring are Cabirial Lionblaze and Sebastien of the Dreams. I was so touched when I noticed that. smile.gif

I don't think any of the children from my dragons have been named to match those of the parents since I name all my dragons in reference to Halo so unless someone grabs an egg that I bred, looks at the lineage and recognizes the Halo themed name. Otherwise, they don't name it or they name it randomly.

One of my dragons fathers names are Porfirio the First. I named his child(the dragon I got) Porfirio the Second.

LOL! I abandoned that egg.

I don't own the parents, I mean that I abandoned it after picking it up because I didn't need it. Glad it went to someone who cared for it and hatched it.

Personally, I prefer people naming things. You know, except for things like Pink Dragon #2 and OMGWTFAFLAC or something. >.>

(Someone will take that name now, I'm sure.)

I do it myself a lot. Like Janaiki Passionfruit, my Vday, has a mother named Wild Passionfruit. I convinced my friend, who got her sister, to name hers Adrina Passionfruit.

I have Lute Dream Dorkface whose parents are Lute Song and Phantom of Dreams Dorkface.

I have Tybi, out of Flybi and Rybi.

And Shadow of Imhotep's Despair out of Imhotep II and Nyx Shadow.

Etc. laugh.gif

Edited by rayemoon

Dozens of my dragons' offspring are named somewhat after their parents - too many for me to find all of them :'P I have far too many dragons.

I try to make my frozens' and inbreds' names somewhat related to their parents' names, since I won't be breeding those and don't care how they fit into mine. For other dragons, I try to give the "best" names to the ones whose parents have pretty names and the "weirder" names to those with unnamed or weirdly named parents. :3

I haven`t done this so far as most dragons I pick up from the AP have unnamed parents. And I usually try to get caveborns. But I was surprised to see that someone picked up my bred magma egg and kept my surname "Casmodian" in its name. That made me happy. The parents of THIS dragon are on my scroll.

This has happened only once for me that I noticed, and I thought that it was so cue!

My sweetling was named Amorato, and the mother was Roseacita - the offspring is called Rosea Amore!