QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just curious as to how the rest of DC sorted their scrolls.

I like the new scroll-sort button, even if I always forget to use it (in otherwords, my scroll is messy most of the time)

So how do you sort your scroll?

I use custom sort (and alternate because it's faster). I put my favorite sprites on top (with corresponding hatchie underneath).

So far all voters have chosen one of the custom sorts...

I use any of the three custom sorts when I bother to sort my scroll biggrin.gif

I use alternate custom sort. I sort them by breed release date and put frozen hatchlings between a male and female adult. wink.gif

I use breed sort as a base, then from there I rearrange them as needed with alt custom.

I sort them by my self.

And well its kind of simple.. I sort in coulor, but the small dragons is first, so the Pumpkin, Mint, Canopy and Pygmy dragons is first, and then I start from the white ( Or Albino ) and goes darker and darker.

To make it very simple: The eggs is first, and the black dragons is last. Got it? Good ^^

I use legacy custom sort - Try to drop and drag is difficult for me (bad hands).

My scroll is custom-sorted (I use Alternate Custom Sort) in the following manner:

Unfrozen Hatchlings and Eggs at the top, oldest to newest.

Adult dragons and frozen hatchies sorted by:

Breed in order of acquisition (the order I first collected the breeds in)

Source/Type (Caveborn, then Lineaged, then Self-Bred, then Frozen, then Inbred)

Generation (Low to High; obviously does not apply to Caveborns)

Date (Oldest to Newest)

This was only implemented today; previously it was sorted only by Breed-by-acquisition and then Date with Hatchlings at the end of their respective breed.

Edit: Dead eggs all the way at the bottom, to hide my shame... though I'm considering sorting it to sit just below the vampire who killed it, so he can personally feel ashamed.

Edited by tiktokism

so most people (even the all powerful Z) use custom some time or another.

I use alternate custom sort (b/c it's the easiest for me...). I sort mine with eggs, then hatchies based on time. Those are followed by my elemental dragons alphabetically by name, followed my limited releases, followed by vampires (alphabetically by name). Those are followed by everything else, alphabetically by breed, then by name within the breed. Lastly are my already bred Elemental Navy dragons (it saves on confusion as to who's already produced a next gen so I don't have inbreeding). Eventually, I'll get frozen hatchie spacers so it's not so confusing to everyone else...

I like alphabetical order...

I use Legacy custom sort, and sort by color.

Custom sort.

The order my scroll is in looks jumbled, and probably makes little sense to anyone looking at my scroll, but at a glance I can tell where I am with a lineage, or a pairing, or a generation.

And I'm pretty fussy about it as well, sorting every dragon in it's place the minute it grows up, even if it requires sorting several times a day.

You can actually tell how much overtime I am working in my job for the week by how many unplaced adults are hovering around my hatchies and eggs. *laughing*

Asher

i like the alternate custom sort, the tiles make it easy to find and place the dragons

i wish the regular scroll view was in the tile format, it would make viewing the dragons faster and easier cool.gif

I originally sorted by color, but then I got a few breeds whose positions made me go "Huh?" and then I started custom sorting to get an order that made more sense. Arbitrarily put vampires first because I felt like it. Recently started sorting breeds with BSAs (that I actually use, sorry pebbles) by BSA cooldown, rather than alphabetically within the breed. Eggs and hatchies get jumbled together at the top, unless it's a dead egg courtesy of a misbehaving vamp in which case it tags along behind said vamp until it disappears.

I use alternate custom sort I put ones I like/and are rareish near top and then the rest is kinda sort by breed in random order. I like rainbow, but I don't like how it separates dragons of the same breed D:

Whoops, I voted wrong. I did Custom Sort, but I actually use the Alternate Custom Sort. I forgot there were two of them. lol

I use the main sorts as a guide, and then do my own switch-a-roo from there. My current guide is the Rainbow Sort, but I'm considering switching to Breed, since the Rainbow doesn't look like a rainbow.

Legacy custom sort for me!

I've too many dragons to drag and drop, and legacy means I can catalogue them how I want - and shuffle them around pretty easily, too.

How do you use Legacy Sort? It's the only one that I haven't experimented with.

How do you use Legacy Sort? It's the only one that I haven't experimented with.

Legacy sort brings up a list of dragons in the order they are currently on your scroll with a little white box with a number in next to each dragon.

You just type in whatever number you want the dragon to be, and it'll sort by that - lowest at the top, higher numbers at the bottom of the scroll.

Eggs are automatically given a number of 0, so they're always up the top. They keep the number 0 as they grow up, so you have to sort them individually too.

You can have big gaps between numbers... my number system goes up to 2,000, but I don't have nearly that many dragons. wink.gif

I thought that was how the first Custom Sort works. How is this one different?

Custom sort.

Eggs and Unfrozen hatchlings on top.

Single adults

Adult with it's frozen hatchling

Seasonal with most recent on top-Female Winter '10, Female Fall '09, ect. through Male Fall '08

Rest are Sets of Male, Female, Frozen Hatchling based by color and what looks good beside each other

Once the sets are done-Vampires

Extra dragons-not part of sets are on the bottom--kept for influence or possible future influencing ability

Edited by boredsilly

Alternate custom sort. *nod* Eggs on top (sorted by time) followed by hatchlings (also sorted by time). Then I have my breeding pairs then seasonals then unbreedables then holiday dragons then lineaged dragons (like Thuweds, Dorkfaces, etc... and my own current lineages). From there the rest of my dragons are sorted rainbow style and lastly all frozen hatchies are on the bottom.