Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows

“For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,

And we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.

Every angel is terrifying.”

~Rainier Maria Wilke

The Link to the actual OoC Thread is here.

Prologue

The sun hung lazily in the sky, throwing its golden rays over the thick forest, and yet despite this, the forest floor was cold and damp and dark. Long, black shadows were sprawled everywhere, smothering every sliver of sun so that it was almost pitch black. With the lack of bird songs, animal calls, and even a breeze, it would’ve been dead silent if not for the heated argument that went on between a family of four standing below the thick boughs of bitternut hickory. The trees seemed to lean in towards the humans, their limbs and leaves dangling menacingly above them. However, the family was completely unaware of how disturbing the forest was becoming.

“… how on earth we even got here. There aren’t any trails or paths or signs or anything!” The father swore loudly and threw the map in his hand savagely against the truck of the hickory. The tree suddenly groaned, its branches creaking as a harsh, icy wind swept through the dark wood, chilling the family to their bones before dying down as swiftly and as ominously as it had arrived.

The mother, a small, frail woman with short, blonde curls, bit at her lip, watching her family with concern and fear. Her daughter sat a couple of meters away from the rest of them beside a withering patch of bloodroot, staring blankly at the trees as she picked at the dirt with a rotting stick, while her son began to yell at his father again as soon as the shock of the wind had left him.

“You were holding the map,” he scowled accusingly at his dad. “It’s your fault that we’re in this mess.”

“Aiden, that’s no reason to talk to your father like that,” the mother spoke up, still biting her lips nervously. Aiden scowled again, opening his mouth with the intent of cursing, but the words never got the chance to leave his mouth. The withered leaves on the forest floor crackled slightly, and the branches seemed to tremble in both fear and anticipation. The entire family froze, the blood draining from their faces, and they listened intently for what was coming. What seemed to be a decade passed, and nothing emerged from the surrounding trees and bushes.

The father heaved a shaky sigh of relief at last. “It was probably just a skunk or something passing by. It’s gone now,” he said, hoping to comfort himself and everyone else, though his face remained as pale as ash. “Kenna, why don’t you come over with the rest of us?”

Kenna glanced over at her father, who was beckoning to her, and shook her head slowly. She didn’t feel safe over there, for some strange reason. She just knew that she and her family shouldn’t be over at that place, beneath the bitternut, and yet, she couldn’t think of any way to persuade her family to get away from there. They would think that she was crazy, and besides, she didn’t know if the feeling in her gut was right or if it was just because the darkness in the forest had made her more apprehensive and uneasy than she already was. “Come sit with me,” she called out softly, hoping not to disrupt the silence too much. And then it happened.

The sixteen year old girl could barely see what was happening to her family. The creature was on them before they had time to even look at it. But she saw. It wasn’t an animal; she knew that for sure. It was black, blacker than the darkest of nights, with rippling muscles and two fiery, red eyes. Its head was shaped like that of a bear’s, except with two jagged fangs jutting from its upper jaw, and its black fur stood on end along its spine. Strangely, it seemed a bit humanoid in figure, if not a bit too large and muscular, but the terrible cries it made were far from human.

Kenna ran, her heart bursting in her chest. She plugged both of her ears with her hands in a futile attempt to block out the thundering snarls and screams of terror and pain that echoed relentlessly through the sinister forest. Her breathing was ragged and hot as fire as she dashed through the tangle of trees and undergrowth, surprisingly never stumbling even once. It was only when the cries died down that the young girl finally stopped. Her chest heaved painfully as she struggled to breathe properly through her choked sobs of anguish and horror. Her legs were weak and aching from her desperate sprint to get away from the creature, and she collapsed against a large stone jutting out of the leaf-covered floor.

Leaning against the rough, gray surface of the rock, she stared up at the dark canopy of leaves and branches that hung high above her head. She squinted her eyes, trying to find any gap in the thick blanket of leaves that revealed the blue sky. If she stayed too long in the darkness, she knew she would go insane. Oh, what a fool she was to think that she would be fine without them. She paused, trying to get a grasp on what had happened. She should have helped them, instead of running, but what could she do against that creature, especially in its own home, the dark, forbidding forests, full of trees that blocked out the outer world;

Something moved in the bushes, crackling the dry, withered leaves, and Kenna froze, holding her breath. She felt something touch her skin, something soft and cold, and she glanced up at the sky, her golden eyes widening in horror as she realized what it was. Snow? In the middle of summer? Her face paled as a small and beautifully-crafted snowflake landed on her hot skin and melted. “No…it can’t be,” she murmured, her face completely drained of blood as the horrible realization struck her. “This is-”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The subway was empty, completely devoid of human presence. The large digital clock hanging on the wall on the opposite side of the track read 11:54 P.M. Occasionally, a silent wind would howl through the empty tunnels, throwing into the air whatever junk and trash the humans left behind. Today, there was only a newspaper, caught in the lonely wind and lodged behind the leg of an old, wooden bench after the wind had tired of throwing it about. The dim, little lights gave the platform an eerie, yellow glow, while the wide, gaping mouth of the tunnel revealed only darkness. Somewhere in the tunnel, the track rattled violently, as if a silent train was coming down it that very moment, and yet, no such train flew by the platform to explain the ominous rattling. As soon as the noise died down, the dull, yellow lights flickered, engulfing the entire subway in darkness before returning once more, filling the platform with pale, sickly light. The silence settled again…

This time, the uneasy quietude and stillness was marred by the soft sound of wary footsteps descending the eroded stone staircase. A young man, perhaps only eighteen or nineteen, emerged at the foot of the stairs. In his right hand, he tightly gripped a long, sleek rapier. A faint, blue glow seemed to emit from the shimmering blade as the boy searched the darkness of the tunnels for his hidden prey. The boy himself was tall in height and lanky. His messy, cropped hair was black, while his eyes were of the strangest shade of dark blue. He seemed completely oblivious to the gruesome gash torn across his chest, soaking his black leather jacket with a steady stream of crimson blood. The boy had his senses completely focused on his surroundings, trying to find his prey in the darkness, though he kept his left hand pressed firmly on the terrible wound, perhaps in a futile attempt to cease the bleeding.

There was no sign of his prey anywhere, and yet, the Sensor in his pocket continued to click softly. He could feel the warmth of the Sensor seeping through the fabric of his jeans, but he still could not find the demon anywhere. As he continued gazing into the darkness, his dark blue eyes narrowed in frustration. The Sensor ceased its rhythmic clicking and slowly grew cold to the touch. Unwilling to believe that the demon had escaped, in spite of the Sensor’s clear message, the young man walked cautiously around the platform, pausing only when he passed by an old, wooden bench, propped a little away from the stairs that he had arrived down. Out of the corner of his eyes, he caught sight of a crumpled page of a newspaper, caught behind the one of the bench’s chipping legs. He stooped down and reached under the bench to pull out the page, before reading the large, bold headlines:

Family Found Killed by Unidentified Creature

Daughter Still Missing

To the right of the heading was a faded, black and white photograph, depicting a body, neatly covered by a white sheet. In the background, the boy could just make out several people standing behind the corpse, some with expressions of horror and others with confusion, probably at what creature could have killed the misfortunate people. It was only too bad that the photograph wouldn’t show just how bad the people were mauled.

The boy didn’t even bother to skim through the rest of the story. Instead, he crumpled the newspaper page, disgusted by what he had read, and threw the crumpled paper ball away from him, onto the track.

“Dammit,” he swore under his breath, furious that he had allowed the wretched demon to escape. He pulled the Sensor from the pocket of his jeans out with his left hand and gazed at it with undisguised annoyance. The device remained silent and cold, as if purposely trying to annoy him even more. The runes etched on the Sensor stared back at him, as if to say that it was his fault for losing the creature. “Nice going, Seth,” he muttered. “You’ve let the stupid demon escape, again.” He scowled, still looking at the device he held in his blood-stained hand.

He began to shove it back into his pocket, now looking at the black tunnel to his right again, when suddenly, the Sensor burned as furiously as hot coal in his hand, shuddering so violently that he almost dropped it. Almost simultaneously, a blood-curdling shriek pierced the once silent air, and before Seth had time to react to either events, the demon erupted from the shadows, screams continuing to emit from its gaping mouth. It tackled Seth down, pinning the boy down with its many spindly legs.

Putting its broad, ugly face close to Seth’s, it hissed, “Looks like I’ve got you instead, boy. I’ll enjoy tearing your flesh apart.” Acidic drool spilled from the corner of its mouth onto Seth’s cheek as the young man struggled desperately to free himself from the creature’s grip. It only cackled, its yellow eyes gleaming with amusement and scorn at Seth’s terror and despair.

Slowly, as if to gloat about its sure victory, the demon raised one spindly leg, tipped with a jagged claw, and prepared to smash it down onto the boy’s already bleeding chest. Then, its head jerked back, away from Seth’s terrified face, and it drew a long, shuddery breath as a new scent hit its nostrils. Turning its head quickly to look at the source, it narrowed its glowing eyes at the newcomer, a tall, slender girl of about seventeen, with her long, raven-black hair tied up in a loose ponytail. In her hand, she held a longbow, aimed directly at the demon.

The demon continued to stare at her, hesitating to make a move. Then, quickly raking its claws across Seth’s face, it launched itself at the girl at breakneck speed. Amazingly, the girl loosed her barbed arrow with deadly precision, and the arrow embedded itself in the creature’s bony chest. It fell with a thud on the cold pavement, but the girl’s black eyes remained cautious and wary as she notched another arrow to her bow.

The creature twitched and lifted its ugly face from the floor to glare at the girl once more. Blood spilled from its mouth as it hissed mockingly, “You’re a stupid girl, you and the boy. Our time is coming, just as it has always been foretold. You Umbralatronis can’t stop that, only stall it, but now, humanity’s time is up; and the only ones that can save you are as low as we are.”

The girl sneered at her prey’s last remark. “Over my dead body, you’re going to take over this world. We don’t need any help from some half-breeds.” And with that last statement, she released her arrow.

Plot

It’s modern-day New York City, and chaos is reigning. The streets are always bustling and overcrowded while the skies are choked by ignition smoke and other air pollution. Taxis swerve through thick traffic, and tour busses nearly always run over startled pedestrians. Meanwhile, pick-pocketers litter the boisterous streets, reaching into people’s bags and dashing away afterwards.

Could things get any crazier? Unfortunately, yes. Since the past year, global warming had suddenly ceased, only to be replaced by global cooling. It may have been a good turn of events except global cooling is moving at far too fast a pace. The ice caps of both the North and South Pole have recovered, and are now expanding steadily towards the equator. Meanwhile, hundreds of people have disappeared without a trace, and many others have been murdered seemingly by mysterious creatures. The world is now terrified; both at what is happening, and why they can’t seem to figure out the cause.

Invisible to human eyes, faeries, vampires, kelpies, demons, and other mythical creatures roam the streets of New York, as well as all around the world. To keep them from eradicating the human race and what is known to humanity, the Umbralatronis received the endless job of keeping these creatures in check, killing any that cross the line. However, after generations of keeping these beasts at bay, the Umbralatronis are beginning to falter, and suddenly, the world is in terrible danger.

The Winter Faeries have forged an alliance with the Dark Court in an attempt to spread winter and darkness across the world; something that every creature--including the faeries of the other courts--is absolutely against. After all, an eternal winter of darkness would kill nearly every creature on Earth, albeit the Winter and Dark faeries, as well as certain demons. The Summer Faeries, once equal to their counterparts, can no longer resist the onslaught of winter and darkness, as the Summer Queen has gone missing. To make things worse, the demons are also seizing their chance to take the world for themselves, slowly spreading fear by killing humans. Either way, if any of these sides win, humanity is doomed, and unfortunately, the Umbralatronis are no longer strong enough to prevent this.

Luckily for both humanity and everyone else, there is hope of stopping the chaos that is leaving the boundaries of the Downworld, and that hope lies in sixteen New York teenagers who are sixteen-years-old. Unbeknownst to the teens and their parents, they happen to have a tiny ounce of fey blood coursing through their veins, lying dormant throughout their entire bloodline. Despite that, it has been foretold and prophesized that these part-faerie, part-Umbralatronis teens will be the ones who may save the world. On Midsummer’s Eve, their powers will awaken within them. But is it for the better or for the worse?

Edited by Mangaholic

Rules

• ❖ Please read through
all of the rules, so that you don’t end up blundering somewhere.

❖ PM me the character forms.

❖ Because there are only sixteen spots, it is first come, first serve. However, you are allowed to request. Open spots are listed somewhere down there. Just keep looking.

❖ Use correct spelling and grammar. I understand occasional typos and the like, but you will be warned if your posts are too far out of hand.

❖ Mild swearing, romance, and violence are allowed, but don’t go too far. We don’t want to pop any remaining innocent bubbles.

❖ No godmoding, powerplaying, spotlighting, or flaming.

❖ All OoC must be in (()) or OoC// or something along the lines of that. OoC only posts must be posted in the OoC Thread provided.

❖ This is a literate RP, meaning that all IC posts must consist of at least two good, detailed paragraphs. If for any reason, you can’t meet the expectations, you can PM me about it, and I might make an exception.

❖ All IC posts must be in past tense, since it’s easier to understand.

❖ Please don't take on too many characters if you know you can't handle them.

❖ In order to prove to me that you followed the first rule, copy and paste the quote at the beginning of this RP and include it with your character form. Otherwise, I will totally ignore you, unless I forget.

❖ Read the prologue when you get the chance.

❖ Notify me if you are planning to be absent for more than three days. Otherwise, you’ll receive a warning. When you come back, I would like you to read the posts instead of asking for a recap.

Warning System: Two warnings - Temporary Ban - One Warning – Permanent Ban I guess this never really did apply. x3

❖ I have the right to change these rules at any time I want.

❖ Tell me if I’m being an unfair jerk, but don’t go crazy when you do.

Notices
    • ღ I got help from Rosella on the plot, so many thanks to her.

ღ I am allowing two characters for each court, but the gender doesn’t really matter.

ღ You will be adding to your character form as the RP progresses, no matter what. I’ll explain it in detail when the time comes.

Edited by Mangaholic

Character Format

Please PM me all character forms.

Username:

Name: They should all have full names. Middle names are optional.

Birthday: There’s no real significance to this, except that I think that it’s weird for an RP to progress without any of the characters aging. Their birthdays should keep them sixteen before June 24, 2010.

Court: This determines what abilities they have. There's a list available in the following posts.

Appearance: I would like about two paragraphs for this section. Your character does not have to match the description of the faeries provided. After all, with so much human blood mixed in, they’re bound to lose some of their faerie self. Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t give them green hair, but only if it matches their court. Also, don’t give them something that will automatically get them shipped off to the lab, like thorny skin. As the RP progresses, they may begin to look more fey than humans though, but for now, just describe them as they are before everything starts. If that didn’t make sense, ask me.

Personality: Just a bit about the character’s personality. It might change over the course of the RP, of course, depending on how the events will affect them. Include some of their likes and dislikes.

History: This should be about where they were born, where they’ve lived, their parents’ occupations, their relationships with their families, etc.

Weaknesses: Everyone has weaknesses. Make sure that your weaknesses balance your skills. I would like at least four weaknesses.

Skills: Everyone has their own talent or skill. Make sure that your skills balance out your weaknesses. I would like at least four skills.

Special Abilities: As the name implies, this should be about the character’s special/ unique abilities. As well as their elemental powers, they should also have other special abilities that they inherited from the distant faerie that sired them so many hundreds of years ago. Their abilities will only be a remnant of the purebred faeries. If you want to create your own ability, you are going to have to create a race possessing that ability that also belongs to the same court. Otherwise, you’re going to have to pick what I’ve already listed. Now that sounded really confusing even to me, so if you have any questions, PM me.

Unique Color: Everyone should have their own unique color to use when writing the character’s dialogue. That way, it stands out more. A list of colors can be found here, thanks to Valerie: http://www.draac.com/colorchart.html

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[B]Birthday:[/B]

[B]Age:[/B]

[B]Court:[/B]

[B]Appearance:[/B]

[B]Personality:[/B]

[B]History:[/B]

[B]Weaknesses:[/B]

[B]Skills:[/B]

[B]Special Abilities:[/B]

[B]Unique Color:[/B] [COLOR=YOURCOLORHERE]Post your color[/COLOR]

Also, I would like you to fill this out for your character as well, after I approve your profile:

[list][list][list] [size=7] [url=link to profile][color=color1]⊰[/color][/url][/size] [size=12][font=Lucida Calligraphy] [color=postingcolor]Full Name [/color][/font][/size] [size=7][url=link to paragraph thing][color=color1] ⊱[/color][/url] [/size][color=white]XOX[/color] [color=color2][size=5]♂♂ or ♀♀ || [/size][/color]
[list]『 [size=1][B] [color=color1]Trait[/color][/B][/size]  』[color=White]XXXX[/color] 『  [size=1][B][color=color1]Court[/color][/B][/size]             』[color=White]XXXX[/color] 『  [size=1][B] [color=color1]Trait[/color] [/B][/size] 』[color=White]XXXX[/color] [/list]

[list][list] [size=1] [font=font] blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb [/font][/size]
[/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=3][color=color2]↘↘[/color][/size]
[color=white]XX[/color][color=postingcolor][size=2][B]Username[/B][/size][/color]
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Creature Format

Creature name:
Species: (Faerie, demon, etc. If none, then put nothing)
Appearance:
Behaviour:
Diet:
Habitat:
Ability:
Rarity:
Other:

*Note: This is just a basic format. After you fill it out, and I accept it, then you may change it to paragraph form. Thank you. This is for helping me repopulate the Earth with Downworlders.

Edited by Mangaholic

The Faerie Courts

Summer Court: Summer Faeries typically have tawny hair, tanned skin, and light or golden eyes. They are short-tempered creatures and are highly irritable, making it an extremely bad idea to provoke one of them. Once angered, they will show no mercy to the provoker, nor will they relent at all in their attacks. They currently share a shaky alliance with the Winter Court, their counterparts, though the events that have taken place and will soon take place may change this alliance, and perhaps even the fate of many creatures, not just Faeries.

The Summer Court Faeries are rulers of the blazing flames and dying embers. Not only do they have the ability to create fires at will, but they can also manipulate them and direct them squarely on any target of their choice. They can also drastically increase temperatures around them, and can even melt rock into lava, if their flames are strong enough to do so. However, the latter is something that Summer Faeries usually refrain from doing, since it is something that highly irks the Faeries of the Mountain Court. Summer Faeries can resist extremely high temperatures, but as a result, they cannot stand arctic climate. Therefore, Summer Faeries avoid entering the realm of the Winter Court.

Winter Court: Winter Faeries typically have pale blue or silver-blonde hair with eyes of a blue shade. Their skin is pale like winter frost, though their skin color seems perfectly natural on them, not sickly or unnatural as it would be for humans. Winter Faeries are generally cold in demeanor and like to keep themselves aloof from other Downworldlers. They currently share a shaky alliance with the Summer Court, their counterparts, though the events that have taken place and will soon take place may alter this alliance, and perhaps even the fate of all creatures, not just Faeries.

The Winter Court Faeries are rulers of the bitter ice and frigid cold. They have the ability to freeze any object at will and manipulate the ice. They can also drastically decrease temperatures around them, until the temperature around them is as cold as liquid nitrogen. However, they refrain from overusing this ability, since doing so would kill nearly every creature in the world, and every race is against that. Winter Faeries can resist extremely low temperatures, but as a result, they cannot stand blazing hot weather. Therefore, Winter Faeries avoid entering the realm of the Summer Court.

Dark Court: Dark Faeries typically have black hair and dark-colored eyes. Their skin is usually pale, though not as much so as that of the Winter Faeries. The Dark Court harbors some of the most sadistic of all faeries, though it would be wrong to say that they are completely cold and heartless. As of now, they seem to be in touch with the Winter Court more than thought to be normal…

The Dark Court Faeries are rulers of the ominous shadows and lovely darkness. They have the ability to put out any light, with the exception of the sun, and to manipulate shadows, making it extremely dangerous to provoke one at nighttime. Dark Faeries live off of the dark emotions of humans, such as anger, fear, and lust, sucking away these emotions from their victims. They are strongest when these emotions are plentiful, but as a result, they are extremely vulnerable in a happy environment. It is for this reason that Dark Faeries are viewed as the most malevolent, though this stereotype is not always true.

Rose Court: Rose Faeries possess rather strange physical qualities that cause them to stand out much more than the other Faeries. Their hair color varies from grass green to dark brown, while their skin is often tough and covered in thorns. Their eyes are usually green or hazel. Rose Faeries are perhaps the most lively and playful of the faeries. They enjoy holding festive balls in their forests, and are quick to forgive. To anger a Rose Faerie for a prolonged amount of time is deemed to be a nearly impossible task. Even if someone killed one of their kinsman, they would only hunt down the murderer and bring his or her body back to celebrate their achievement.

The Rose Court Faeries are rulers of lovely blossoms and towering forests. They have the ability to merge with any plant around them, and thus can cause the plant to move its branches, vines, etc. They can still control these plants from a distance, but it would require practice at first. They can also cause trees and flowers to sprout almost instantly from the ground, but doing so would highly tax their energy. If someone trips over a vine or a root, then a Rose Faerie is probably behind it. These faeries have no problems with the other Faerie Courts, though their carefree nature tends to get on the nerves of the other faeries. As a result of their carefree nature, they are often slow to recognize danger until it stands right in front of their face.

Sea Court: Sea Faeries, like Rose Faeries, also possess rather strange physical qualities that cause them to stand out much more than the other Faeries. Their hair color varies from silver to sea green to deep blue, while their skin is scaly and slightly tinted blue. Their eyes are the colors of the sea. Sea Faeries are perhaps the most wild and savage of the faeries. They do not take kindly to someone being on their turf, and will immediately attack any trespassers, taking them prisoner to play cruel games with them. Despite being Sea Faeries, they can be found at any large body of water, meaning rivers, lakes, lochs, swamps, bays, etc.

The Sea Court Faeries are rulers of raging oceans and calming seas. They have the ability to manipulate water to their desire, as long as there is a source of water nearby. When angered, these faeries can cause violent cyclones, hurricanes, and typhoons to sweep up from the sea and wreak havoc upon the coastal shores of any unlucky land. The closer they are to water, the stronger their powers are. Most Sea Faeries can not be out of water for longer then two or three days.

Storm Court: Storm Faeries have white, black, or gray hair, with dark stormy gray eyes set upon usually grim, stern faces. As can usually be implied by first glance, these faeries seem to emit an ominous, foreboding air about them. They are harsh, though justified, in all of their decisions, and are the most merciless of the faeries, showing neither regret nor remorse when killing and torturing some unlucky soul. Storm Faeries, like Winter Faeries, are reserved and like to keep themselves aloof from any other creature. Like Mountain Faeries, they usually keep to high altitudes.

The Storm Court Faeries are rulers of howling winds and murmuring breezes. They have the ability to manipulate air and wind, able to whip up savage windstorms, squalls, gales, and tornadoes over any terrain, meaning that they are able to destroy everything in sight, if they are strong enough. However, they are not usually quick to make final decisions, and therefore, avoid bringing destruction and calamity everywhere with them. Their winds are mostly useless against the powers of the Summer Court and the Mountain Court.

Thunder Court: Thunder Faeries tend to have a shock of blonde hair, varying from shades of extremely light blonde to a dirty blonde, along with hazel or amber-colored eyes. They are highly irritable and touchy, even more so than Summer Faeries, and are the most fiery of all faeries. They are short-tempered and armed with sharp tongues, and they are far from quick when it comes to forgiving. Rumor has it that Thunder Faeries hold their grudges forever, never wanting to bury the hatchet unless they must. Even so, they will continue to harbor their hatred deep inside them.

The Thunder Court Faeries are rulers of piercing lightning and roaring thunder. They have the ability to manipulate thunder, lightning, and electricity. To release some of their pent-up anger, these faeries like to take their rage out on the sky, cutting through the air with terrible bolts of light, and to sing of their wrath in the rolls of thunder that split the electrified air. The Regnian, Sea Faeries with the ability to start rainstorms, will immediately start rainstorms to keep the lightning from igniting terrible fires. Occasionally, they neglect their duties, for whatever reason, and the results can be disastrous, such as the fires of Yellowstone. Due to their volatile nature, they often lose control of their lightning.

Mountain Court: Mountain Faeries generally have brown or black hair, with dark-colored eyes. Of all the proud and haughty faeries, the Mountain Faeries are the most arrogant and contemptuous. They judge everyone and everything by their first impression, and usually find everyone not of their court to be reprehensive and worthy of contempt. Their main targets of scorn are the Rose Court Faeries. Deeming themselves better than others, they live in the highest, most isolated places in the world, of these including Mount Everest and the Brooks Range.

The Mountain Court Faeries are rulers of churning lava and quaking rock. They are the cause of the terrible earthquakes that rack the land, the landslides that smother all living creatures, and the volcanic eruptions that churn the seas. They find it annoying when another creature intrudes on their domain, mainly the humans, though most of the time, they leave mankind alone.

Edited by Mangaholic

Creatures of the Downworld

(Will be added on as RP progresses. Feel free to help me add to it! smile.gif It would be very appreciated, since I'll probably die trying to write it on my own. xd.png If anyone noticed, I'm not very creative. You'll have to PM it to me first, though.)

Aurol: [Created by Elsendor] Faeries of the Winter Court, the Auroel are the flightiest of their element, lighthearted and reluctant to cause harm to others. In comparison to the white Wraithings of their court, they seem as airy as the Rose Court, warmhearted and playful. Perhaps this reflects their close ties with the Summer Court, with whose abilities their own powers are intertwined.

The icy influence of the Auroel is inextricably tied with light. Their ancestors are said to be responsible for the unearthly Aurora Borealis that graces the Northern Hemisphere, and every Aurol gains greaters strength where that eldritch light reaches his or her skin. They are masters of illusion, playing with light as it is reflected and bent off of ice crystals to bewilder their foes and even immobilize them. They are adept at creating mirrors and prisms from ice for their purposes, but if there is no water in the vicinity they must draw it from the atmosphere and the ground. This taxes their strength significantly as their influence is primarily over ice, not water. They exercise little real control over light beyond that of influencing it with ice, so where there is little light they are rendered less effective. Auroel can draw light or create it at great need, but this takes such a toll on them it is not used except as a last resort. It is this dependence that has drawn them nearer in friendship to the Summer Court.

While they can work ice independently of light, the Auroel are primarily lovers of beauty and see little reason to do so except to form the breathtaking frosty designs popularly associated with “Jack Frost.” They have an eye for beautiful things and delight in it so much that some swear they are healthiest where the world is loveliest. Their love of beauty is, in their minds higher and purer than any other’s appreciation; the human John Keats may have captured their sentiments best, writing, “Beauty is truth, truth beauty—that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.” The cruelest of the Auroel are those who take this doctrine too far, letting the end beauty justify the means of cruelty they take to get there. They have achieved a higher understanding of the aesthetic, in their minds, and they show nothing but disdain for those who lack it, in particular the mud-loving Tarpanians. Perhaps they are shallow, perhaps enlightened beyond ordinary understanding—whatever the case, most severely lack friendship because of their lofty attitude. Friendship, because it is so difficult to earn, is not taken lightly; Auroel are some of the most loyal companions any person could ever wish to have.

There is a particular coldness to them as well, as to all Winter Fey, manifested most in their cool tempers, slow to take drastic action and infuriatingly restrained. Yet for all their restraint it is no great task to discern the mood of an Aurol, as his own skin will reveal his emotions. The Auroel are pale, with ambient, somewhat “washed out” features. A bluish tinge touches their extremities, but at the slightest emotional disturbance it shifts in colour from that blue touch to the softest rosy glow, to palest indigo, to even a slight sea green, softly glowing and mimicking the colours of the Northern Lights. In general this colour change is so slow and subtle that it is difficult to notice until it has already occurred—when multiplied in a gathering of Auroel, this creates an uncanny imitation of the Northern Lights themselves; when they are roused to an extreme the colours change so fast that an individual fey resembles a little aurora on his own. When they are agitated silvery tendrils stand out against their skin, and it is in this state that their powers are most potent.

The beauty of the Auroel is more eldritch than terrible, dancing around the human mind with a feeling that is difficult to describe yet not all unpleasant, never settling. Some say that the glow that follows them occasionally seems to condense and form what looks like fragile wings about their shoulders, but this is most probably an illusion as they have never been known to fly, though in a strong breeze they seem as though they might at any moment be swept away. They are a very small race, more delicate and slender than tall or strong and rarely exceeding five feet in height. Their eyes and hair are cobalt or icy blue, the irises ringed with silver.

The Auroel are particularly delicate in health and sicken easily; this latter part may be due to their diet. They thrive almost entirely on pure snow and light of varied colours. The slightest trace of chemical content will make an Aurol violently ill. Global warming took a heavy toll on the Auroel, driving them further towards the poles in seek of purer snow as the icecaps receded. The harsh, dark winters drove many south in search of greater light, yet in migrating they compromised the purity of the snow they took in. Many of the delicate race were poisoned by the atmospheric chemicals that were suspended in the snow, and their numbers have dwindled alarmingly. Though they are not yet critically endangered, they may very well become so in the near future. They now inhabit the northernmost regions of the world, wherever the Northern Lights can be seen. A very few are said to dwell in the Antarctic, associated with the Southern Lights or Aurora Australis, but they seldom migrate to warmer, more populated areas because of their need for cleaner snow, uncontaminated by human activity. During the winter, when the Arctic is in everlasting night, they are forced to move south in search of light. Because their sustenance is so divided between regions during the winter they are at a severe disadvantage. Because of their fragile health they are also especially affected by iron. Many believe that when the last Aurol perishes, so will the beauty of the Northern Lights.

Bahrgeist: Faeries of the Dark Court, the Bahrgeist are capable of shape-shifting into a huge, pitch-black dog or bear with long, jagged fangs and fiery, red eyes. Anyone who stares into the eyes of these faeries will immediately paralyzed with fear. In their normal form, they look like any other Dark Faerie, though they retain their jagged fangs and their crimson eyes. These are kept hidden from mundanes underneath their glamour. They are viewed as creatures of misfortunate, bringing death and despair to those who lay their eyes upon them, though this is not actually true.

Brannachvar (bran-nock-veer): Faeries of the Dark Court, the Brannachvar are otherwise known as the “Raven People. Unlike many other faeries who reside only in a certain area, these Dark Fey can be found across the Northern Hemisphere of the Earth. They are capable of thriving in nearly any environment, as they are able to adapt extremely well to fit their surroundings. With crows and ravens such a common sight in the world, it is extremely easy for the “Raven People” to blend into society and watch with soulless, black eyes from the tops of trees or buildings. It’s not even that hard for them to blend into bustling crowds, and this makes them excellent spies.

The Brannachvar, in their normal form, resemble any of the other Dark Fey, with the exception of several unique qualities. Large raven wings sprout upon their upper backs, and for that reason, these Dark Fey usually wear clothing that does not trap their wings within their shirts. They dislike cutting holes in their clothes, for some reason. Their nails remain keen talons that could easily rip through a creature’s flesh and possibly even bone, and their eyes are coal black, like those of northern ravens. It is almost impossible to stare into their eyes without feeling unnerved, even at the least. Their hair is, like their eyes, jet black.

The Brannachvar are usually rather small and petite in size, standing at around 5’3, or so. Of course, there are the exceptions that grow up far past that number, but in general, they are pretty small. Their skin is pale, almost deathly-like, a major contrast to the dark eyes, hair, and clothing. Their hair is made up of the ‘normal’ human hair and black raven feathers, in a way that seems perfectly natural and not messy.

The Brannachvar are rather diverse in many things. They usually leave together in large groups, clans, or flocks, as they are usually referred to. They personally don’t mind being referred to as unkindnesses, terrors, or murders; in fact, they enjoy it a lot more if their groups were called one of those three things, as it adds to the foreboding aura around them. Of course, there are the Brannachvar who prefer to lead solitary lives or in pairs, but generally speaking, they reside in large terrors.

The pride and arrogance of the Brannachvar make up for their height, as they always stand erect and tall, and never lower their eyes to the ground. They’re simply too proud for that. They like to deem themselves better than others, which often leads to conflict. They, like the stereotypical Dark Faeries, are cruel and sadistic. They torment for mere pleasure, drain the bodies of blood, and then use the corpses as the most frightening border markings ever. They have a terrible habit of openly mocking anyone and anything that they consider to be lower than them, which is pretty much everyone, and they hold grudges for an indefinite amount of time. The Brannachvar do not believe in forgiveness or mercy. Should they ever allow a prisoner to live, it is only for the sake of their cruel and twisted pleasure. It is for this reason that the Brannachvar are viewed as creatures of misfortune and inspire terror in the hearts of humans. Adding to their foreboding aura is what their diet consists of. Whoever said that vampires were the only ones who drank blood? The Brannachvar feast upon animal flesh and drink their blood, but to them, human flesh is a special delicacy that they all want to sink their teeth into.

The Brannachvar are shape-shifters, capable of transforming into ravens upon will. As a result, they make superb spies, as not that many people of modern-days take much notice to a raven. They also possess the ability to speak and understand the language of birds.

Changeling: [Created by lilyice] Malicious at heart, Changelings are demons that are nothing but evil. They are magical creatures that are able to sense feelings of guilt or resentment from other sentient beings. The stronger the "signal" of feelings they get from a creature, the more enjoyment and eagerness they have in their "hunt". Once set on a victim, Changelings can shape-shift to their victim’s worst fear - be it a person or a thing; even non-living things like a place, or even a word. They will mock their victims until they are paralyzed with fear, then feast on them. Changelings’ diet consist of any living being. However, because of their ability, they mainly regard humans as meals because of their sentimental nature, being sentient and also the most defenseless creatures. Faeries and Umbralatronis are next on their list. If need be, they will prey on animals or other demons, but that’s only if they have no other choice.

Changelings enjoy to torment others, and thrive on feelings such as fear and guilt. They like to taunt their victims before killing them in the worst way possible, namely the way of dying that their victims fear the most. They prefer to work alone, avoiding their own kind as much as possible. Only to reproduce will two Changelings get together. After their young has perfected their ability, the family separates and cuts all ties. They also have incredibly short memories, and will forget past family members or victims over as little as one week’s time. In short, Changelings are just mindless killing machines.

Their natural form is that of a medium-sized rat, but somewhat albino in appearance. They have glaring red, beady eyes, and silvery-white fur. Their size range from 15 to 30 centimeters, with a further 10 to 20 centimeters of crimson red tail. Because of their appearance, they can hide relatively well in various environments on Earth. Found mainly in cities or crowded urban areas, Changelings can also be found in quieter, rural parts of the world. They’re everywhere, inhabiting places from farms, to city sewages, even to places such as university classrooms. Because their reproduction system is alike that of rats’, Changelings are extremely common demons.

Demon: Demons are typically described as evil spirits, emotionless with no purpose except to kill and bring misery to everyone.

Dragon: Dragons are rare to find in the current time, as many of them have been hunted and driven out to extinction by humans. The few species that remain are mostly small, rarely ever exceeding 13 feet, and are all hiding in the outreaches of the world. One of the dragons that do exceed this size is the Loch Ness Monster, which dwells in the cold waters of Loch Ness. Despite its occassional appearances on the surface, this creature mainly spends time in the murky depths of the lake. However, there are rumors that the ancient dragons still preside somewhere on Earth, just waiting to regain their hold on the Earth.

Dragons are a noble and intelligent species. They have their own code of honor that prevents them from killing another dragon in cold blood. They are fiercely loyal creatures, and will stop at nothing to avenge a loved one of theirs should anything bad happen to them.

Elekshaa: [Created by lilyice] Faeries of the Thunder Court, the Elekshaa have mastery over lightning and electricity. Their appearance is that of typical Thunder Faeries, only with pale yellow skin and black stripes covering their torsos and lower limbs. At first appearing more calm and approachable than their cousins, the Labios Ra, the Elekshaa are indeed initially mild. However, they have a tendency to change their mood in the split of a second. To describe them in one word, it would be that they are very volatile. One wrong word, and you can find yourself to be target practice for their lightning bolts. When in rage, they are not a force to be reckoned with. They should never be underestimated, for once their mischievous nature surfaces, you won’t know when you just might get electrocuted.

The Elekshaa like to live in open areas, such as plains or tundras. They can also be found living by oceans or seas - any large grounds of water. The Elekshaa can create desired amount of electricity through their fingers, to be applied to whatever need there is for electricity. They can also direct lightning bolts to desired targets. One of their most prominent ability is to turn themselves - their entire body - into a streak of lightning, so that they can hurl themselves at a target and electrify them, or zap any being that comes in contact with them when in that state.

Faerie: These faeries are typically described as mischievous, sometimes malevolent beings blessed with the gift of immortality. They are still capable of being killed in battle, though. Faeries, like in mundane mythology, are vulnerable to iron, though as long as it doesn’t enter their bloodstream, they will not die, only be weakened significantly. Faeries belong to different courts, granting them different abilities. These courts are: the Summer Court, ruling fire; the Winter Court, ruling ice; the Dark Court, ruling darkness; the Rose Court, ruling nature; the Sea Court, ruling water; the Storm Court, ruling wind; the Thunder Court, ruling lightning; and the Mountain Court, ruling earth.

Faeries are beautiful, but this beauty varies amongst the courts and the different species. However, all agree that the terrible beauty of the fey folk is enough to strike fear in a human's heart. Faeries no longer take mortal humans to be their little playthings, following the request of the Umbralatronis, but occasionally, the kings of some courts will take a mundane with the Sight as his bride and queen. Depending on how much he cares for his new bride, he will either grant her immortality or allow her to wither away as all humans do.

Florata: [Created by RheaDark] Faeries of the Rose Court, Florata prefer to live in ancient tree groves, although with the spread of humans, the groves have become much more rare, resulting in many Florata ending up displaced. Their hair is dark green, their eyes bright green, and their skin like smooth bark. They are able to communicate with plants, holding conversations and sometimes even making friendships. Their ability is the reason for their preferred habitat, as the old trees of the groves would act like storytellers, recounting events of old to the younger faeries. More practically, Florata can obtain information from them about events that have happened within a certain distance of a plant. What information they can obtain is limited by how far the plant can "see." A plant's sight is defined by these equations: [V = 4 * pi * (3h)^2], and [V = (pi/2) * R^3], where plant height = h and the maximum radius of spreading (non-taproot) roots = R.

Frigidula: [Created by dani-xo] Faeries of the Winter Court, Frigidula are skilled weather-manipulators. Frigidula have the ability to freeze an inanimate object and allow it to come to life as a walking ice-creature. These minions are used as a sort of servant, working for the Frigidula and obeying every order.

If the temperature raises higher than freezing level, Frigidula will lose their ability to freeze and the ice-creatures they make will melt. However, just as easily, they are able to freeze more ice-creatures as soon as the temperature lowers again.

Gargoyle: Gargoyles vary in appearance. Some have faces that resemble those of dragons, others of lions, and some others even of humans, as well as many others, but all agree that whatever the resemblance, all gargoyles are hideous. They have large, bat-like wings, and massive talons. During the day, gargoyles resemble terrifying statues of themselves, with usually twisted snarls upon their faces. However, when night takes over the sky, the gargoyles are released from their stony prison, and it is then that they are indeed a terrifying sight. Their dark gray hide prevents them from standing out in the night sky, making them great ambushers. They are carnivorous. They hunt at night, killing any unfortunate animal that stumbles in their way. They probably have preyed upon humans as well, but they are rarely caught red-handed.

Gargoyles are vicious creatures, bond by day and unleashed at night. In ancient days, they were free to roam the skies whenever they willed, though even then, they were nocturnal creatures. However, at some point in time, they were cursed to turn to stone at the touch of sunlight and were then appointed as guardians of the Umbralatronis. The gargoyles are quite loyal to the Umbralatronis, though there are the occasional rebels that turn on their masters. They usually stand guard at gates or entrances, terrifying any who lay their eyes upon the stone creatures. Most of them can be found at the capital of the Umbralatronis.

IncendiaPresul: [Created by Key2Universe] Faeries of the Summer Court, the IncendiaPresul typically have the amber/golden eyes and tanned skin of a Summer Faerie. Unlike the Summer Court's usual tawny, the IncendiaPresul's hair colors mimic the oranges, yellows, whites, and reds found in fires. The IncendiaPresul are more patient than most types of Summer faeries, mainly when it comes to motion, not logic. They tend to be irrational and driven by their passions more than any other faerie. These faeries feed off of oxygen, ashes, and the sensation of feeling something burn. They inhabit any areas know to have fires, or areas that are dry enough for fires to start easily.

The IncendiaPresul fairies are known for their abilities to dance with and within fires. Their motions mimic that of a flame, and they seem to become one. In fact, powerful IncendiaPresul have been known to merge with the fires that they dance within. The faeries also have the ability to manipulate fires with their movements, as if the fire is merging with the faerie. These fey are rare and usually powerful. They are sometimes seen by humans as figured dancing in their fires.

Iryndus: Demons, the Iryndi are humanoid in shape, but upon setting eyes upon these demons, it is obvious that they are not humans at all. Perhaps it is the menacing, intimidating aura radiating around them and the sense of uneasiness and fear that they instill in others that makes it so obvious. Or maybe it’s their eyes and just the sight of them.

The Iryndi are a tall folk, and it isn’t a rare sight to see them standing far above six feet. In fact, it’s an astonishing sight to see an Iryndus that stands at only six feet, or even shorter than that. Such demons are viewed with much contempt and disdain. Young Iryndi, in their adolescence, have fiery red eyes, as if they had embers embedded into their scornful, haughty faces. It almost seems as if there are vicious firestorms, with savage flames licking at dying trees, raging ferociously within their irises, and it is this that is probably so disturbing. As the Iryndi continue to grow older, the fires in their eyes slowly darken, until the flames smolder into pitch-black coals. This usually occurs when an Iryndus reaches a thousand years old. Their hair varies between the shades of fire, and upon will, their hair can be ignited into flames.

Their arms end in lethal claws that can melt back within their skin so that they may look like normal fingernails upon will. Their mouths are full of sharp teeth, like those of the wolves’. The Iryndi’s skin tones vary from shades of tan, and upon their arms are inky-black patterns of intrivate tattoos.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the Iryndi are ferocious killing machines, considering the fact that they are demons. They usually live solitary or in pairs, though many times, those living in pairs end up killing each other. They are easily annoyed, and once bloodlust sets upon them, they have no restraint at all. Like many other Downworlders, they never let go of a grudge; they only harbor it deep in their hearts until the time arrives to release their fury out on their unlucky victim.

The Iryndi are very intelligent demons, capable of feeling different emotions and thinking for themselves, though the only emotion they usually feel is hatred and the only decisions they ever make are ones that end in death. Being demons, they prey on every living thing that gets in their way.

The abilities of the Iryndi tread on the boundaries of the Summer Court, though in truth, their powers are nowhere close to these fey. They can cause their hands and arms to burst into flames. These flames can only burn for so long, and that length of time depends on the strength of the Iryndus wielding them. They rely mainly on their brute strength though, as they are immensely strong. Where the Summer Fey are weak, they are strong.

Kelpie: Faeries of the Sea Court, kelpies dwell in isolated lakes, lochs, and swamps, luring any unwary and unlucky passerby to his or her doom. As in Gaelic stories, kelpies often take the form of a black or gray horse to lure their prey to its demise. In their true form, they resemble humans with water-weed in their hair and usually wear green clothes of swampy colors.

Labios Ra: [Created by Sesshia] Mischievous Faeries of the Thunder Court, these faeries have the ability to create electricity within their own bodies. Through evolution, they evolved to be living conductors and can transfer lightning from one another. Usually, they unleash their stored-up electricity through their palms or out their hair, which leaves these fey with generally static-filled hair, standing up on their ends. They have ceremonies when they send lightning through the clouds, directing the currents to be absorbed by a different fey, a dangerous yet thrilling event.

Lapilluma: [Created by Shirogane_Hikari] Faeries of the Mountain Court, the Lapilluma have a pigment system similar to that of flamingos. When they are born, they look almost like albinos, with white hair, eyebrows, nails, and even lashes. However, as they mature and start feeding on stones, minerals, and gems, which they can locate and extract thanks to their powers, they start acquiring a colour fitting to that of their diet. Other signs of this maturing process show in their physical structure, which changes from fairly normal, excepting their whiteness, to something more beast-like. Their nails grow into hard claws, better suited for scratching out their food from the walls of caves. Their feet turn rough and also grow claws, used for climbing the uneven surfaces of their homes. Lastly, all of their teeth become sharp and acquire the shape of fangs, growing hard enough to chew through diamond.

They are a relatively social species, living in small clans or colonies within a single labyrinth of tunnels. These clans are formed of several different families of Lapilluma whose numbers are closely monitored so that emergency evacuations are more easily carried out. Their homes are caves which they expand, or mines abandoned by humans, where they have easy access to a decent quantity of minerals and gems that humans are not able to reach. These caves are always strategically placed in areas without iron though, and if any trace of the metal is found in a clan's home, the entire group will immediately move out. Lapilluma are also highly territorial, so if someone tries to invade or even just set foot into their home, they will use their claws and teeth to defend it, even to the extent of caving in parts of the tunnels to kill the intruders. These tunnels can be easily repaired with their powers afterward—powers that allow them to to feel and separate the components of earth and rocks. These powers are usually used to leave only the sturdiest materials for the important passages, but in the aforementioned cases, those sturdy materials are taken away, leaving only the softest, most malleable ones, so that reconstruction of the tunnel is easier.

Larkin: Faeries of the Storm Court, Larkin possess amazing voices, and they can sing songs of terrible beauty. These songs can have a variety of effects on the listener, depending on the singing Larkin’s intent. If the song sings of great sorrow and despair, the listener may be overcome with tears and feel as if their heart as being torn out, which could lead to terrible results. A soothing song would result in hypnotizing the listener and putting him or her under the Larkin’s control for a limited amount of time, depending on how the skilled the Larkin is.

L’oeillet: [Created by Dashidragon] Faeries of the Rose Court, L’oeillet (Pronounced Lee-oy-let) Faeries do the exact same thing with their lives. They are all born looking exactly the same, but as a young child, they merge with a plant and spend almost their entire existence there. Over time, their appearance will change to reflect the plant in which they choose to inhabit. For this reason, their looks vary widely. Their skin can vary from a shade of green to brown and weathered like the bark of a tree. One of the few uniform things about them is that their hair is some shade of brown, but it can have bright highlights if the L’oeillet happened to inhabit a flowering plant. Even their height and weight is determined by the plants they inhabit. All L’oeillets have a humanoid appearance with the exception of longer limbs and slighter fingers.

L’oeillet Faeries only emerge from their plants twice a year. The first day is on Midsummer’s Eve. The second is a random day every year when they emerge just after midnight and congregate at a new place. No one is quite sure how they know when to emerge and where to go every year. They spend this day making merry, enjoying themselves, and catching up. Not surprisingly, it is on this annual day of gathering that all L’oeillets are conceived and the ones that were conceived the previous year are born. They are a rather absentminded Faerie, as they have to be to be able to inhabit plants almost all year round. They are almost completely mindless of their surroundings. They are so mindless of their surroundings; they have been known to be burned to death when one of their plant homes catches fire. They don’t even realize their plants have been destroyed until it is too late or the danger has passed.

L’oeillets are the masters of merging themselves mind and body with plants. Once they merge with a plant, the plant becomes a part of them. They can make it move and grow, or whatever suits their fancy. As long as a L’oeillet stays merged with any one specific plant, that plant will always flourish and grow no matter the circumstances. A L’oeillet is so intricately bonded to the plant they inhabit that if the plant is killed, they will die also. Because of the phenomenon, they have become scarcer lately. Also since they can only breed once a year, their population growth in any one year is limited. Their numbers have been dwindling because of the human's recent destruction of the environment through logging and other means, but their levels have not yet reached a critical low, although they may someday in the near future.

Lurker: A demon, the lurker resembles an oversized scorpion with the ugly, pudgy face of a feline. It has four pairs of spindly legs, as well as a set of lethal pincers, and is about four-and-a-half feet long. Its deadly saliva is poisonous and could kill a human within ten minutes, should the saliva enter the bloodstream. Lurkers are dark gray or brown in color, and are capable of great speeds, despite their appearance.

Mraaden Sur (pronounced Raden Sur): [Created by MurderMayhemxx] Faeries of the Summer Court, the Mraaden Sur are lighthearted faeries that are usually more concerned with enjoyment than war. They're a friendly race, though quick to anger, and their trust is as easily taken as it is granted. They have wild and unkempt blond hair which usually has flecks of black "highlights" scattered throughout. Their eyes are a distinct shade of yellow that literally glitter in the sunlight, and they are born with triangular markings under their eyes that are nicknamed "tears of the sun."

The Mraaden Sur are an omnivorous race, but carry the ability to eat direct flame, as a means to power themselves. A Mraaden Sur weak from battle merely needs to find a source of flame to eat and regain his or her strength. They cannot, however, eat flames that they themselves create. The Mraaden Sur cannot be burned by fire of any kind, except cursed black flames, and they live usually in the hottest areas, more common near the equator.

Myrr: [Created by Elsendor] These demons are a much-divided strain, their clans constantly at war with one another. Where there are sides drawn, there are sure to be catlike Myrr on both. Some stalk and hunt humans, others bespell and bewitch them; some bear a more active, violent hatred for the Umbralatronis while others prefer not to take unnecessary action; some are dominated by females, others by males—every disagreement leads to division. Proud, stubborn, and self-assured, they are vastly confident in their knowledge and abilities. If they are found wrong they are loth to admit it, even if it means carrying the guilt of their reckless decisions to their deaths. A humble, meek Myr is a dead one; picked on, despised, misused and harried to no end.

They are relatively common, found almost everywhere in the world, but as they favor warmer, dryer climates they are more populous where the weather is agreeable. The Myrr, like the Egyptian cats they vaguely resemble, thrive in warm to hot climates. They hate and avoid the cold, and sicken easily where the weather is damp. Yet some are stubborn enough to inhabit more miserable regions; thus they can be found almost anywhere around the world.

They are a feline race that thrives in dry, desert wastelands, or in the shadows and on the rooftops of inner cities. Myrr are masters of deception and stealth, walking in the shadows and working as double-agents with their true loyalty deftly hidden. They work best in numbers, and it is this trait that is the most reliable distinction between the habitually solitary mundane cats and the deadly demon kind. Carnivorous, they prey especially on birds (falcons and ravens if they can catch them), mundane cats, possums, puppies (especially wolf cubs), some fish, and in some cases, humans. They are remarkably intelligent, every bit as smart and even more cunning than humans; approximately at par with the Umbralatronis.

Small, furry, and lithe, the Myrr typically do not appear dangerous at first glance—it is for this reason that they have almost entirely abandoned the use of glamour. A little larger than the average housecat, they come in a much more brilliant array of colours, from indigo to cobalt to crimson to stunning green, as well as more subtle tones like mocha, sable, and cream. Their eyes are larger and slanted downwards, lending them an exotic appearance that brings to mind the slender feline pets of the Egyptians. Those with longer, more elegant limbs than normal cats have the advantage of speed, while the smaller, stubbier variants are typically also more luxuriant of fur. Yet they carry a certain kittenlike charm as well, which allows them to infiltrate the wealthiest, most well-defended homes. Unlike most demons, they choose often to go uncloaked from the human eye, finding that they can charm their way into places that they could never enter by mere stealth. Many supposed household pets belong to this ancient strain to some extent, and their elegant beauty is prized among humans, who believe themselves to be the masters. Their sounds and body language resemble that of cats, with a notable exception: the Myrr do not purr. When pleased, they produce a haunting sound similar to that effected by “playing” a wineglass. A gathering of “purring” Myrr is at once chaotic and peaceful, like an eldritch choir. The sound can either bring a sublime sense of peace to the listener or can drive him crazy.

Most never see any more of the Myrr than their deadly group attacks, all of which are purely tooth and claw. While they are certainly dangerous in this respect, the Myrr’s greatest ability revolves around the mind. They are telepathic, allowing them to coordinate pack activity with unnerving perfection. Sentient beings in the vicinity of a Myr will find themselves oddly distracted, unable to focus on a subject for more than a split second and easily disoriented. In more severe cases an individual’s balance and coordination may be hampered as well. In large numbers the Myrr can render tens of victims unconscious for prolonged periods of time, sometimes leaving permanent mental damage. A less magical influence of theirs, however, is that of their feline charm. Because of their uncanny resemblance to common housecats, the Myrr often shed their invisibility to pose as pets. Espionage is their specialty. Many can kill and maim and still get off scot-free by way of subtlety and, if necessary, garnering pity. They can bedevil a victim’s mind so that he feels remorse at the thought of destroying so beautiful a creature, or they can convince him that all hell will break loose on him if he lays a hand on them.

If the power of the Winter Court continues to grow they may dwindle to nothingness, taking their eldritch beauty with them.

Oschaert: A demon, the oschaert takes the form of a giant black dog with fiery eyes. Those who lay their eyes upon this creature will meet an untimely death, soon in the future, if the creature is not killed before that time comes. On dark, empty streets and roads, the oschaert would leap upon the backs of any unwary human, serving as fiery burden until the human would finally collapse under the creature’s weight. This demon resembles the Bahrgeist faeries, and it is for this reason that the Bahrgeist are blamed for bringing death and despair upon others.

Pendukver (pronounced Pen-duke-ver): [Created by myahoo] Faeries of the Sea Court, the Pendukver are responsible for the thick fogs that enshroud coastal areas. They have gray, wispy hair and fog clings to their clothes, giving them a ghostly appearance. Most are found in or around large bodies of water, where they spend a large portion of their time listening to the waves and looking out across the water. Relatively calmer than other Sea Court Faeries, they have the ability to create fog from bodies of water and to control pre-existing fog, which they can use in a variety of defensive ways. The Pendukver can also disperse the fog that perpetually surrounds them and gain a small increase in hearing, but conscious effort must be made to keep the fog away.

Regnian: Faeries of the Sea Court, Regnian are responsible for the showers of rain in the world. They like to keep to wet areas, explaining why places such as Death Valley and the Atacama Desert rarely receive any rainfall. The Regnian usually only appear during rain showers, never carrying an umbrella with them. They often dance in the rain, their hair and clothes soaked to the bone. The dance is considered terribly frightening to mortal eyes, filled with the wildness and cunning of the faeries.

Scalairdé: Faeries of the Mountain Court, the Scarlairdé are capable of creating immense walls of sand and dirt around their bodies, in order to keep themselves safe from blows. When needed, their skin can harden until it is as hard as steel. However, this causes their movements to be slower and more sluggish, and their walls are highly vulnerable against water. As a result, most Scarlairdé dwell in the deserts, away from the Sea Court Faeries.

Shriken: Faeries of the Storm Court, the Shriken possess amazing voices, though the results of their singing differ greatly from those of the Larkin. Unlike the Larkin, whose voices are used to mesmerize and enchant, the songs of the Shriken are composed mainly of terrible screeching and shrieking. Anyone unfortunate to hear this will suffer tremendous pain in their eardrums before going deaf, temporarily or permanently depending on the degree of the songs. While the Larkin are able to choose their targets and mesmerize only that one target, the Shriken will hurt everyone within hearing distance of them, except other Shriken.

Tarpanians: [Created by Dashidragon] Faeries of the Mountain Court, Tarpanians are a relatively common species. They inhabit the upper regions of tropical and semi-tropical areas that receive a large amount of rainfall. Unlike some faeries of the Mountain Court, the Tarpanians live in small to medium-sized groups numbering up to twenty. Other then the Tarpanians that live in their group though, they don’t interact with most other creatures. They view themselves as one of the few enlightened and beautiful beings in the world.

Tarpanians are strange-looking creatures. They are relatively small. They range in height from 4’-5’, but most look even smaller because they are hunched over. In comparison with their small bodies, their arms and legs seem outrageously long. Some Tarpanians have two sets of arms instead of one. Their eyes also have a tendency to seem too large for their small bodies. Tarpanians’ eyes come in exactly one shade of color: dirt brown. Another part of them that comes in dirt brown is their hair, but only because it is covered in a layer of mud. They have only a little hair, but the hair they do have sticks up in untidy tufts all over their heads. The one feature on a Tarpanian that does not seem to be some shade of brown is their teeth. Surprisingly, they are blindingly white. They are also sharp and pointed because Tarpanians are carnivorous. They eat any sort of meat they can sink their teeth into.

One strange part of the Tarpanians’ appearance is that all of them are covered head to toe in mud. It obscures most of their physical features, so few people know the true appearance of a Tarpanian. The reason they are so covered in mud is because they believe that earth is the ultimate form of beauty. To bring themselves into closer communion with this beauty, they cover themselves completely in mud. They ridicule and ignore anyone that is too clean and do the same for anyone who does not share their belief. They are so obscured in mud; it is impossible to tell the difference between a male and female Tarpanian.

Tarpanians specialize in mudslides. They will run around after a particularly heavy rainfall and see which group of Tarpanians can create the most powerful and disastrous one. Their abilities are weak on their own, which is why they travel in groups. The larger the group of Tarpanians, the more spectacular the mudslide they can create. Because mudslides only happen after large rainfalls, Tarpanians have a special affinity for faeries of the Sea Court. Their abilities are directly tied in with water. It is not unheard of for Tarpanians to team up with faeries of the Sea Court to create spectacular mudslides, but these are the only sort of faeries they allow to interfere in their domain.

Umbralatronis: The Umbralatronis are human-like creatures who possess the Sight, allowing them to see beneath the glamour of the Downworlders, and other supernatural abilities. Their wounds heal faster than those of humans, and they have a stronger resistance to brutal beatings. The Umbralatronis typically view normal humans, or mundanes, with scorn, as well as half-breeds. They are responsible for keeping the human world safe from demons and other Downworld creatures.

Vampire: Vampires are extremely pale, which is expected, considering the fact that they have no blood of their own, though their lips are usually bright crimson, a huge contrast upon their deathly pale faces. After just recently drinking blood, their faces will regain some humanly color, though the blush caused by their recent drink subsides quite quickly. Their fangs are small and thin, like those of a cobra, and are concealed behind the vampires’ blood-red lips, only revealed when the vampires smile or attack their prey. They posses superhuman speed and strength, but they lack the ability to transform into bats, as human legends suggest. However, they are able to control bats, using them to spy on others or just to attack. They are also highly vulnerable to sunlight; being in the sunlight for more than half a minute would permanently blind them, and another minute would burn them to ashes. Vampires are immortal and can only be killed using certain methods. After a pact with the Umbralatronis, the vampires agreed to refrain from drinking human blood, thus changing the human into a vampire, and instead, kill and drink the blood of demons.

Vampires have never gotten along with werewolves, due to some unknown and forgotten incident in the far past.

Vesuulis: [Created by Odio] Faeries of the Mountain Court, the Vesuulis are usually tall, sleek, and slender. The most ancient and powerful ones stand at around 8' or 9' tall. They usually have reddish eyes and spectacular scaly skin that can come in a variety of colors. Usually Vesuulis live near volcanoes.

Their scaly hide is tough and thick enough to protect themselves from hot lava, and their blood is hotter and less dense than a human’s. Their lungs are capable of breathing in the noxious air that spews out during eruptions. They can sprout thin, membranous wings from their backs, or fold them back into themselves at will. They say their skin is as cold as igneous rock, their blood as hot as burning metal, their soul as deep as the earth, and their demeanor as stuck-up as the highest peak.

Warlock: Warlocks are male witches, possessing some remnant of magic. Some warlocks travel alone, in pairs, or simply live in a clan with other witches and warlocks. They are generally viewed as malicious beings, but there are occasionally warlocks that specialized in healing and preserving life.

Warlocks have weaker magic than their female counterparts, but unlike witches, they are able to cross running water.

Watoragh (wah-to-ra): The watoragh resemble half-deer, half-fish creatures. Their upper body and head are that of a deer, while the hindquarters are replaced by fish tails. They dwell out far in the sea, coming up to shore occasionally for unknown reasons. They are adept at avoiding fishing nets, knowing well to steer clear of large schools of fish. There are Sea Faeries that have caught these shy creatures and tamed them so that they could be suitable pets.

Werewolf: Werewolves are cursed human beings with the ability to shape-shift into monstrous wolves. After much practice, they can transform at will, though they will always be forced to shape-shift on the night of a full moon. It is at this time that the werewolves lose all human emotions and become emotionless killing machines, set to spread the curse. After a pact with the Umbralatronis, the werewolves took more care and made sure to travel to uninhabitable places away from human civilization during the full moon. They are allowed to kill any unlucky human who wander in that area. Instead of humans as their daily prey, they now hunt demons, just like vampires. However, unlike vampires, they are not immortal, living a life span of about 200 years. Werewolves can breed with one another on the night of a solar eclipse, thus creating a line of purebred werewolves over time. These purebreds are the most dangerous.

Werewolves have never gotten along with vampires, due to some unknown and forgotten incident in the far past.

Witch: Witches possess supernatural powers, which they use mainly to curse or to scry into the future, though each witch clan uses its own methods. Like the male counterparts, some witches are evil and others are benign. The witch burnings of Salem were carried out by the Umbralatronis, though this part is unknown in human history. It was better to allow the mundane to believe that those burned were falsely accused than to allow them to know of the otherworldly creatures that share their world.

Witches have stronger magic than their male counterparts, but unlike warlocks, they are unable to cross running water, such as rivers and creeks. Oceans, lakes, and the like do no harm to witches. If a witch is forced across running water, she will be in terrible pain, depending on how large the river is. Most likely, she will end up unconscious but the time she reaches the other bank.

Wolfos: [Created by Sesshia] These oversized wolves come in various shades of white, yellows, grays and midnight blacks. They have shaggy fur that stands on end and cackles with electricity, which is expected due to their affinity to the Thunder Court. Wolfos generally live in packs within the Court and are the Court’s ideal choice for guards and pets. Most Wolfos find their destined Fey to accompany for the rest of their lives, and can either be kept as pets or called upon when in trouble. They have amazing powers; their howls can summon lightning from the clouds and with each stride they take they leave behind static that can make anyone’s hair stand on end. If a Wolfos’ fur grazes you by chance, one may find themselves paralyzed, the severity dependent on how long the exposure to their fur. They usually share their partner’s violent tempers, and attack in sync when prompted. They are extremely loyal and value their partners’ lives over their own.

Wraithings: [Created by Odio] Faeries of the Winter Court, the white Wraithings are known by their trademark snow-white appearance. They are sneeringly nicknamed by some as the albinos of the Faerie Courts, but the Wraithings claim their all-white attributes are a sign of purity and magic.

Wraithings are creatures of snow. They love snow, they eat snow, they live in snow, but most importantly, they are almost always surrounded by falling snow. If there is snow on the ground, but no snow is falling, a Wraithing may have passed through, but has probably moved on. If a sudden snow flurry occurs, a Wraithing is the likeliest culprit.

Edited by Mangaholic

The Cast

For the remaining profiles, please go here.

X

X

X

X

Sadine Leila Piromane XOX ♀♀ ||
ArdentXXXXSummerXXXX Passionate XXXX blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb ↘↘

XXMangaholic

Breckin Avery Rothbridge XOX ♂♂ ||
Amicable✘✘✘✘Summer Court✘✘✘✘ Misanthropic ✘✘✘✘ He was grace.

Cloaked in the all encompassing threads of solemn despair, shining a beacon for those lost in the entangled tresses. Lackluster, pathetic. But he was all they had.

They would sometimes wonder how he stayed so impressively stoic. Never had they seen him shed a tear.

He bore the brunt of their punishments, treating them like badges.

They were all he had as well. One would never think that in the modern city, such a tumultuous land of warfare even existed. But no one spared them a passing glance. They were the filthy and the forgotten, everything wrong with the world. And the only way to cure anomaly was to destroy it.

“Never trust a man who can afford the clothes on his back.” He told them.

Where no one else could, they could see his wings. Rusted, broken. A fallen comrade of the gods he so adamantly detested. But not a single one had the love, or the patience, or the hope, to wait for the love of the supernatural.

Their only hope was the one more singlehandedly ruined than them all.

And yet, he held them all with a smile. They were the reason he was still alive. He treasured every last one of them, and it never really mattered any other way.

He who, in his short sixteen years, would climb the highest mountain just to punch God. Spiteful and serene. Vain and open hearted.

He was grace, and yet there was nothing further from it than he.

↘↘

✘✘MURDERcomplexx

_____________ Gordon White XOX ♂♂ ||
OptimisticXXXXWinter CourtXXXX Genial XXXX Don't you think that life should be enjoyed to its fullest? I do. I mean, really, that's what life is all about -- not fame, not money, but fun. Well, money and fame could never hurt, of course, but what are they worth, if your life isn't even worth living? ...See what I did there? A paradox. Hah. I guess school was good for something after all. But I've never really been inclined to do anything there, or even make any effort. You can't blame me though; it's not my fault that the teachers let me get away with everything, and that all that the female student body does is fawn over my looks. Hey, who said God was fair? I get the good looks, you get the brains, I think that evens it out. What I would really die for is an actual good game of basketball, or even just a competent running partner. But no, apparently that's too much to ask for.

I usually don't do this often, but I guess when I reflect back on everything, I've been lucky. I've had a comfortable life, though if you ask me, my parents are way too naggy. They would go on and on and on about useless homework that I didn't finish, but who needs calculus to become a professional sportsman? Really.

I love the city with its brilliant lights at night. I wouldn't give away this life to live at some desolate farm for hundreds of thousands of bucks. Come to think of it, dad and mum probably have at least that much when they combine their savings together anyways. And speaking of money, I need new soccer shoes, and I've got to get some stuff for my friends. They're awesome buddies, stay cool, you guys. Oh, and there's dinner ready.

Peace out.

↘↘

XXlilyice

¢σи¢σя∂ є∂αи α∂υνιяι ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ραɾαṉøïḋΔΔΔΔwιnтer coυrтΔΔΔΔ ṡεṉṡïτïṿε ΔΔΔΔ And when the universe runs itself into the ground and the music fades, when nothing remains but memories floating without minds to reside in and no medium by which to exist, then perhaps all the unsaid things and all the trammeled feelings will have leave for release and will mingle and console one another... when we are all gone.

You never realize how precious someone is until you lose him. Everything she did for you, the little things you never noticed, the faithful, day-to-day things that you took for granted. The way he made you feel, all the times you laughed and cried together, the long summer nights, the forbidden pleasures. The way she protected you, shielded you, when all along you believe the world really was made of sugar and ice, before the glass shattered and the curtains fell down, and the first horrific images you saw were burned into the deepest recesses of your soul. The way he soothed those burns, cooled the fire that had become a way of life, reminding you that it didn’t have to be that way. Why should it be that way?

Once upon a time, little boys bullied littler boys to build themselves up, and to drive the outcasts even further away. It wasn’t long before they were older, though, and the mommies and daddies taught them that it was unacceptable to be caught in their tormenting ways. Then they learned to be smarter, to be crueler, to wound without leaving marks. They learned to be masters at inflicting pain on the body, but even worse, they learned to inflict deeper, more intimate scars on the soul. Their barbs were words, their scratching, slander. They used names like blows; fαggøt, queer, slυτ. And when their prey gave up and died, what they heard was not the cries of the dying, but the keening of an angel.

You used to be sunshine, bubbles under a starry sky, a scion of Beauty herself. You were a light, charming and sweet and warm, a smile on the faces of tired old men. Your dancing was awkward, innocent, nonconformist. You were lighter than air, and the faintest breeze swept you off your feet. You never lifted a finger to force the world to change, but it changed around you, just to please you and see you grin. You left the world a little brighter in your wake, because you loved it so. You flirted with the earth, never quite hers, hovering just beyond her reach.

What changed? Was it the world, or you? Now you are tear-tracks, shattered glass, a pitiful waif. What misstep sent you hurtling down to this cold den?

I... I let down my guard, let the world too near, let my feet touch the ground, and it burned me.

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

Alina Aderyn Tomescu XOX ♀♀ ||
InsecureXXXXDark CourtXXXX Guilt-ridden XXXX They’ve always said, “Friends come and go, but family is forever.” I guess in a sense, it’s true for me. The only person who was ever actually there for me whenever I needed it was my brother. Sure, I’ve had friends. I’ve had plenty of friends. But there are always seems to be some sort of veil between us, so that none of them can really understand me. Maybe it’s my fault. Maybe I’m just too scared to share what I think with everyone, scared that I’ll be disowned, rejected, by them, just like how my parents seem to have rejected me. I was a coward, ever since I was a child. A coward. My brother was the only one I ever really opened up too, but maybe that was because he already knew everything before I ever said it. Don’t people say that if you know someone well enough, you can read their emotions just by looking at their face? That was the way it was with him. Even when I grew up and stopped crying and clinging to him, he could always read me, read me like an open book.

And then one day, even that much was taken from me. All I ever really had to cherish, to care for, taken from me like candy taken from a toddler. I knew life was cruel. I knew life was unfair, that it liked to mess with our heads and watch us cry. But I never thought it would do this to me. I never wanted this.

Did I ever say I hate God? Because I do. I hate Him with all my heart.

↘↘

XXMangaholic

_____________ Adrian Eldridge XOX ♂♂ ||
Self-sufficientXXXXDark CourtXXXX Rebellious XXXX Things were finally looking up between me and my parents; we were settling into a normal family lifestyle and then this happens? What are the chances that out of all the people in the world, I’m one of the “prophesized” hybrids that’s destined to save the world? Exactly. Little to none.

And what sort of intelligent race would insult and attack the same people they’re going to ask help from, anyway? That just makes them more likely to help the other side...obviously.

...but I want to know more. What was going on? How long had it been going on? What were we going to have to do? What was it that my Court did to offend those people? How different is this other world from the normal world?

...and the only place I can see answers coming from is the people who brought us here in the first place. Guess I’ll just have to stick around.

↘↘

XXmyahoo

_____________ Anrion Asmodeus Kolarov XOX ♂♂ ||
PragmaticXXXXDark CourtXXXX Hollow XXXX

At what point does the world’s weight become too great to bear? When the voices around you lose their false overtones and only the hatred and ugliness remain. In these moments we understand what the world truly is, a sphere which holds humanity captive while we reach for each other’s throats.

How do we reconcile this tormented existence inflicted upon us by the actions and emotions of our brother, mother, or friend? Where do we turn when those who supposedly loved us commit atrocities while kissing our hands?

We must understand the root of the issues that stain our existence, the blights which wrack our society, our own humanity. The universe has conspired to turn every action, even those deemed kind, into the damning events of humanity’s existence.

I will not fall into this endless cycle, nor will I allow this world to burn. I know not what the panacea to the corruption is but I will search for it and fates willing I will find it.

↘↘

XXKenosis

_____________ ιℓѕєи נαяє∂ νιмαяяσѕє ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ïṉṉøсεṉτ ΔΔΔΔ roѕe coυrт ΔΔΔΔ ïɾɾερɾεṡṡïвlε ΔΔΔΔ There are only a few main characters in a typical world. They're the ones who go on adventures and slay dragons and get girls. Main characters almost always get happy endings. The rest of us? We're side characters. We get by.

My life hasn't been that complicated--OMG! It's a SQUIRREL!!

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

Sophia Leis XOX ♀♀||
ReservedXXXXSea courtXXXX Curious XXXX You never really realize how much someone is important to you before you lose that precious person. Some are lucky enough to pass most of their lives without realizing it until much later. You don’t realize how easy you have it until your world falls apart.

Me? I had a wonderful family and we took care of each others in our own way. I had people I could rely on even if I barely had any friends. To me, they were my whole life and I did my best to make them proud of me. Wondering why I’m speaking in the past of them? Yeah, me, I’m part of those who get a reality check for having done nothing, but being born. My family is gone from my life forever or worst, dead, killed by demons just because I existed. I’ve lost everything I thought was granted, reality, my family and I’m not even a human, but some half-breed.

Now I’m stuck with people who dislike me for what I am, but still want to use me and a bunch of other kids like me.

As the saying go :

Misery loves company.↘↘

XXSkarx

_____________ Mark Soliandra XOX ♂♂ ||
ApproachableXXXXSea CourtXXXX Protective XXXX My older brother’s always been there for me. From the moment I was born, he was always…there. In every picture we have of me as a baby, he’s also in there, holding me, hovering over me, watching to make sure I’m fine. When our parents died, he was the one to comfort me, while the lawyers talked. Whenever I had problems at school or with other kids, he listened and gave me advice on how to deal with them. He’s like my very own guardian. Like…my parent.

…I think I hurt him, though, when I decided to get adopted. He looked like he was about to cry, but then he turned away and said that it was fine, if that was what I really wanted. His voice was shaky and he wouldn’t look at me. I told him that if he didn’t want me to, then I wouldn’t, but he told me that I should do what I want, not what he wants. So, I did. The next day, he came over and met my new parents. I don’t think he liked them much, even though they were really nice to him. Afterwards, he gave me a cell phone and told me that he would call every day to make sure that everything was fine.

But he didn’t call earlier. He always calls at about eight. Always. Except today, he didn’t. And I’m worried about him. Because I know, as much as I need him, he needs me more and he wouldn’t let anything stop him from calling. That’s why I’m awake right now, staring up at the stars through my bedroom window while lying on my bed. I’m looking up at them and I have only one question:

What happened, Mark?

↘↘

XXmyahoo

_____________ Danni Karenza XOX ♀♀ ||
LonerXXXXStormXXXX Blunt XXXX Why did we have to move to New York? Our home in Britain was just fine. It was a lovely place in Caenarfon down by the water. There was a store near by, too. The weather was wonderful as well, especially sunny days with cool breezes that kept it from being too hot. But no, we had to move to a new country and live in some manky place called New York. The Americans are all bloody gits that aren't worth the time. If only dad hadn't needed to take that job. Sure, it may have been a better opportunity, but life in Britain is so much better than this murky place.

I don't want to interact with these people. My parents tell me to make friends, but I prefer the faceless relationships of users I meet at online forums. My grades are fine, I don't get in trouble, and I partake in an activity after school which teaches good values (the martial arts lessons). Why can't they just leave me alone?

Days are becoming redundant and lack-luster here in this city; I go to school, then lessons, then home. Repeat the next day. The only days that differ are Saturday and Sunday. Though, the only thing that changes is school and the time I leave the house. Ah, but this one girl who has the same Saturday lesson as me was trying to talk to me again. So when we sparred for practice, I decided to mop the floor with her. I doubt she'll be talking to me again. That's pretty much the only interesting thing that happened.

Why does everything have to be so mundane? My parents tell me to go hang out with friends but that's not possible because all of my friends are still back in the lush countryside of our hometown in Britain. I'll go for a walk. That'll at least get them to stop pestering me about all of this. I'll need to think of something else to do. Something to take away this boredom.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Who knew that could actually be true? One of those preppy girls, you know, the ones with an awesome figure and over achieves in everything, decided to share her opinion with me today during our lunch break. So, apparently I'm a good-for-nothing loser who has no true potential and will always come in last place as an idiot. Not being one to just sit there and take it, this preppy girl soon found her face in the dirt with her clothes as hair all messed up after I pinned her to the ground. If only her friends hadn't tattled by calling for help then and there I could have done something much more interesting. Unfortunately, a teacher pulled me off of her and I was sent to the principal's office. Parents were called, apologies were demanded but none received, and I was suspended. I spent most of the time keeping myself locked up in my room doing homework. It was just nice to see the girl avoid me when I returned to school.

In fact, most everyone avoided me even more than before. It used to be they just didn't notice me, but now it was as if I was some plaque that had to be avoided at all costs. At first, I thought it was great. But soon, I found it to be rather annoying. The world becomes quite the lonely place when no one is willing to talk with you face to face. The teachers were there, but they looked down upon me as some troublemaker so there was no point with them.

There was this one boy, and I don't know if he was just messed up in the head or really brave, but he was the first one to actually approach me as if I was a normal person. I was pretty sure he wasn't new at the school, yet there he was, calling out to me as I began to leave school grounds once the day was over. I thought he was crazy and just ignored him.

He was persistent though, and eventually I found myself walking off school grounds with him everyday.

I suppose New York wasn't as bad as I thought.

↘↘

XXKira1

_____________ Shirayuki "Snow" Amane XOX || ♀♀ || BashfulXXXXStorm and ThunderXXXX Forthright XXXX

XXXX

I still have trouble believing what's going on around me... but I have little choice but to do so with the creatures they call demons beating down the front door. The changes that happened to me overnight make it easier I think, but it's still hard for me to even accept that this is the slightest bit real. I've done my best to be the most pragmatic when dealing with these Umbalronis or whatever the hell they are, but some of them get on my nerves while others are okay. Overall though they average out as a rather dislikable bunch. Still they're the only thing between us and death, and I have no intention of letting them stop being such a barrier, I'm not a fool and don't intend to play that roll.

I have to wonder if the feelings I'm having now though in the pit of my gut are anything like what dad had when he was fighting over seas in the middle east. He's only able to tell us about some of the stuff he's ever involved in, the rest is apparently always classified. Still though, he would tell me stories of coming under fire from enemies and being able to hear the bullets passing mere inches away. I used to dismiss such ideas as fantasy, but with the way my adrenaline is going now and how my senses feel, I'm not so sure. Still He once told me how a sniper's round skipped off the top of his helmet and tore through his pack. I guess at that moment he would have felt death sitting beside him, waiting to claim him or his buddies, but deciding it wasn't their time.

Now I feel something I have to imagine is just like what he felt, a horrible sinking sensation in the pit of my gut that cools my insides. It feels like the realization that I might never make it home and see mom and dad again. That I might never hold a pain brush between my fingers to lay out the images within my mind onto the canvas. I'm not sure how my dad ever got used to it. Is it even possible to get used to a feeling like this? It just feels so empty and lonely... I think at least one or two of the Umbaltronis have felt this before... If we all live through this, I'll need to ask them. I don't like this feeling, it's something that I would wager would stop me if it keeps up too long, and I can't stand the idea of something doing that to me...

↘↘

XXjaina

_____________ Kathy Olivia Carnday XOX ♀♀ ||
ForthrightXXXXThunder CourtXXXX Independent XXXX I've always been alone. I've never felt the need for anyone else in my life. Not since then. Perhaps it's been too painful, and so I wrap myself in sweet, intoxicating lies. But the lies do not hurt; they are soothing and comforting, a much better prospective than facing the harsh reality of Truth, whose cacophonic whispers sting like the sharpest of needles, opening old wounds, exposing my deep weakness inside, leaving me to bleed… leaving me to die. Like how Mother left me. Though Mother also left me two precious gifts, they are not solace enough to dull the pain and ease the anguish, for it is deeply rooted within my hardening heart. I used to dream, but no longer. I no longer wish for someone to come and sweep me away, taking away with them all my hurt and tears; it is a childish dream, and I am anything but a child. I no longer cry, though nightmares haunt my sleeping hours. Many people thought to offer pity, but I scorn at them, for what is pity but useless words spoken without a second thought? They are worth nothing, and I am tired of always having to reply with a polite smile and meek gesture of appreciation. I've had enough.

Where I used to find joy and happiness in this darkening world, I now find suffering and despair. Yet I must still live, still put up an agonizing act each day, still go through a boorish routine, for the sole sake of society and appearance. I couldn't care less, but I have my two gifts to look after. For them I will suffer, for them I will endure, for them I will smile; for them only. I will breathe as long as they live, for they are now my everything. I need nothing more, and I want nothing more. As I continue to delude myself in my own web of deceit, I will move forward. Amor Vincit Omnia.

↘↘

XXlilyice

Edited by Mangaholic

Updates:

In approximately two or three more weeks, we'll be moving the plot along again. Expect a PM when that happens. ♥

News:

June 9: Sightings of an unidentified creature on Ellis Island.

June 13: Forest Park is closed down due to the mysterious murder of several tourists.

June 17: The Ashford family is killed by an unidentified creature. Kenna Ashford is currently still missing.

June 22: The Ashford incident is published in the newspaper.

June 23: Demon incident in subway (unknown to public)

-Heaven's Assassins bomb an entire train, depicting their concern of global cooling.

June 24: Just this morning, more than 389 people have already gone missing overnight.

June 25: War has broke out between all Downworlders.

Current Times:

Date: Friday; June 25, 2010

Time: One o'Clock

Temperature:

House - 74 °F or 23.333°C

Ailleach Estate (Outside) - 99°F or 37.2°C

Moon Phase: Waxing Full Moon

Notable NPCs

Rhiannon Aileach, seventeen years old, is extremely gorgeous, being only one small step from being inhumanly beautiful. She towers over most girls, standing at 5’11, and puts most to shame with her good looks. The only creatures that could best her looks would be the faeries, and possibly some vampires and demons. Her pale, oval-shaped face is set with dark brown, nearly black, eyes and framed by long, jet black hair that reaches far past her slim waist. Her arms and wrists are scored with thin, white scars that one would not notice unless they knew that the scars werthere. Like most other Umbralatronis, she received these scars from her previous fights with demons, though luckily for her, her face escaped the defilement of the scars. However, lately, dark circles have begun to grow beneath her eyes, and her eyes are slightly swollen from her over-excessive weeping. Despite how distraught and dejected she is feeling, she still has a haughty and cynical air about her, which usually causes immediately dislike toward her from anyone who doesn’t know her.

Hadyn Allende is nineteen years old, with fiery red hair falling over his eyes and bright green eyes that light up his features. He stands shorter than Rhiannon, at only 5’8, though that would still be considered average height for mundane boys. One can typically find him with a naïve smile upon his face, making it seem as if he knew nothing of the world’s despairs, and his facetious personality makes it seem even more so. However the pale, almost invisible scars that adorn his arms and torso tell a rather different story. There are some that aren’t quite as inconspicuous as the others, like they typically should be on an Umbralatronis, but those are hidden beneath his clothing, just as he wants them to be. Despite his seemingly small build, he is actually quite muscular underneath, which would only be expected for one of his race, and beneath his clothing, he always keep hidden a dagger, should his sword ever be out of reach when he needs it.

Notable NPCs

Rhiannon Aileach, seventeen years old, is extremely gorgeous, being only one small step from being inhumanly beautiful. She towers over most girls, standing at 5’11, and puts most to shame with her good looks. The only creatures that could best her looks would be the faeries, and possibly some vampires and demons. Her pale, oval-shaped face is set with dark brown, nearly black, eyes and framed by long, jet black hair that reaches far past her slim waist. Her arms and wrists are scored with thin, white scars that one would not notice unless they knew that the scars werthere. Like most other Umbralatronis, she received these scars from her previous fights with demons, though luckily for her, her face escaped the defilement of the scars. However, lately, dark circles have begun to grow beneath her eyes, and her eyes are slightly swollen from her over-excessive weeping. Despite how distraught and dejected she is feeling, she still has a haughty and cynical air about her, which usually causes immediately dislike toward her from anyone who doesn’t know her.

Hadyn Allende is nineteen years old, with fiery red hair falling over his eyes and bright green eyes that light up his features. He stands shorter than Rhiannon, at only 5’8, though that would still be considered average height for mundane boys. One can typically find him with a naïve smile upon his face, making it seem as if he knew nothing of the world’s despairs, and his facetious personality makes it seem even more so. However the pale, almost invisible scars that adorn his arms and torso tell a rather different story. There are some that aren’t quite as inconspicuous as the others, like they typically should be on an Umbralatronis, but those are hidden beneath his clothing, just as he wants them to be. Despite his seemingly small build, he is actually quite muscular underneath, which would only be expected for one of his race, and beneath his clothing, he always keep hidden a dagger, should his sword ever be out of reach when he needs it.

Summer Court 1} Mangaholic's Sadine Leila Piromane

Summer Court 2} MurderMayhemxx's Breckin Avery Rothbridge

Winter Court 1} Lilyice's Gordon White

Winter Court 2} Elsendor's Concord Avon Edan Aduviri

Winter Court 3} MurderMayhemxx's David “Dave” Alexander Harley

Dark Court 1} Mangaholic's Alina Aderyn Tomescu

Dark Court 2} myahoo's Adrian Eldridge

Dark Court 3} Kenosis's Anrion Asmodeus Kolarov

Rose Court 1} Reserved by Elsendor

Rose Court 2} Elsendor's Sen Vimarrose

Sea Court 1} Skarx's Sophia Leis

Sea Court 2} myahoo's Mark Soliandra

Storm Court 1} Kira1's Danni Karenza

Storm Court 2} jaina's Shirayuki Amane

Thunder Court 1} lilyice's Kathy Olivia Carnday

Thunder Court 2} Open

Mountain Court 1} Reserved by futurelibkeeper

Mountain Court 2} Open

Edited by Mangaholic

OOC// This is one of the best RPs I have read in a long while now. smile.gif Nice with just enough detail.

I think the title is awesomeness. I love these sorts of titles.

Most (all, really) of the sentences are perfectly understandable, though I do have a few suggestions for making some sentences flow better.

Here's a few corrections/suggestions:

Aiden scowled again, opening his mouth with the intent of cussing, but the words never got the chance to leave his mouth. The withered leaves on the forest floor crackled slightly, and the branches seemed to tremble in both fear and anticipation.
I'm pretty sure they permit the use of 'cursing'. I used that word when I RP.

Its head was shaped like that of a bear’s, except with two jagged fangs hanging from its jaws, and its black fur stood on end along its spine. And strangely, it seemed a bit humanoid in figure, if not a bit too large and muscular, but the terrible cries it made were far from human.
This isn't necessary but I just hope it may flow better. When you say 'jaw', people normally tend to think 'lower jaw', so maybe you can add 'upper' in front of 'jaw'?

If she stayed too long in the darkness, she knew she would go insane. Oh, what a fool she was to think that she would be fine without them. She paused, trying to get a grasp on what had happened. She should have helped them, instead running, but what could she do against that creature, especially in its own environment? Especially in its home, the dark, forbidding forests, full of trees that blocked out the outer world...
In the first sentence, you were being repetitive. Later on, maybe you can add 'of' after 'instead'. At the end of the second last sentence, you said 'in its own environment' then you again said something simillar in the begining of the last sentence, which just strikes me as odd... Nothing wrong, just odd.

The large digital clock handing on the wall on the opposite side of the track read 11:54 P.M. Occasionally, a silent wind would howl through the empty tunnels, throwing into the air whatever junk and trash the humans left behind. Today, there was only a newspaper, caught in the lonely wind and lodged behind the leg of an old, wooden bench after the wind had tired of throwing it about.
Do you mean 'hanging' and not 'handing'? This isn't necessary, but I think it would create a better flow. Maybe you can use 'which was caught' instead of a coma in the last sentence.

He began to shove it back into his pocket, now looking at the black tunnel to his right again, when suddenly, the Sensor burned as furiously as hot coal in his hand, shuddering so violently that he almost dropped it. Almost simultaneously, a blood-curdling shriek pierced the once silent air, and before Seth had time to react to either events, the demon erupted from the shadows, screams continuing to emit from its gaping mouth. It tackled Seth down, pinning the boy down with its many spindly legs. Putting its broad, ugly face close to Seth’s, it hissed, “Looks like I’ve got you instead, boy. I’ll enjoy tearing your flesh apart.” Acidic drool spilled from the corner of its mouth onto Seth’s cheek as the young man struggled desperately to free himself from the creature’s grip. It only cackled, its yellow eyes gleaming with amusement and scorn at Seth’s terror and despair.
I think this can be two paragraphs instead of one.

The creature twitched and lifted its ugly face from the floor to glare at the girl once more. Blood spilled from its mouth as it hissed mockingly, “You’re a stupid girl, you and the boy. Our time is coming, just as it has always been foretold. You Umbralatronis can’t stop that, only stall it, but now, humanity’s time is up. And the only ones that can save you are as low as we are.”
I think this can be its own paragraph. In the second last sentence, I think a semicolon can be used.

In your plot section, I don't think it's necessary to double space. Oh, and apparently 'over crowded' is only one word.

Luckily for both humanity and everyone else, there is hope of stopping the chaos that is leaving the boundaries of the Downworld, and that hope lies in sixteen 16-year old New York teenagers.
You repeated sixteen/16 there.

❖ No Godmoding, Powerplaying, Spotlighting, and Flaming.
Since godmodding, powerplaying, spotlighting and flaming are common terms, there is no need to capitalize it.

If you want to create your own ability, you are going to have to create a race with that ability that also belongs to the same court.
I understand this line, but if you want to let it have a better flow, maybe you can use 'possesing' instead of 'with that'.

Everyone should have their own unique color to use for the character’s dialogue. That way, it stands out more. A list of colors can be found here, thanks to Valerie: http://www.draac.com/colorchart.html
For a moment, I had no idea what this was about, but that's probably 'cause I never use unique colours for my characters' dialogues. I'm not sure how to phrase it better but maybe something like 'to use when writing their character's dialogue' might be better?

They currently share a shaky alliance with the Winter Court, their counterparts, though the events that have taken place and will soon take place may change this alliance, and perhaps even the fate of many creatures, not just Faeries.
Again, the sentence got repetitive, which sort of messes it up. This mistake is repeated several times later on.

Oh, 'can not' is normally just one word.

The Dark Court Faeries are rulers of the ominous shadows and lovely darkness. They have the ability to blow out any lights, with the exception of the sun, and to manipulate shadows, making it extremely dangerous to provoke one at nighttime.
In the second sentence, I think you meant 'light', not 'lights'.

Their winds are mainly useless against the powers of the Summer Court and the Mountain Court.
This isn't necessary but if you want a better flow, I think you can change'mainly' into 'mostly'.

Occasionally, they neglect their duties, for whatever reason, and the results can be disastrous, such as the fires of Yellowstone. Due to their volatile nature, they often lose control of their lightning,
Period, not coma.

Faeries of the Sea Court, kelpies dwell in isolated lakes, lochs, and swamps, luring any unwary and unlucky human passing by to his or her doom. As in Gaelic stories, kelpies often take the form of a black or gray horse to lure their prey to its demise. In their true form, they resemble humans with water-weed in their hair and usually wear green clothes of swampy colors.
Maybe using a period instead of a coma would be better for the first bit. Maybe you can use the term 'passerby' instad of 'human passing by'.

They were allowed to kill any unlucky human that wandered in that place. Instead of humans as their prey, they now hunt demons, just like vampires. However, unlike vampires, they are not immortal, living a life span of about 200 years. Werewolves can breed with one another on the night of a solar eclipse, thus creating a line of purebred werewolves over time. These purebreds are the most dangerous.
In the first sentence, you changed tenses.

It was better to allow the mundane to believe that those burned were falsely accused then to allow them to know of the otherworldly creatures that share their world.
Wrong usage of 'then' there.

Told you I'd try to check through everything!

But don't be reassured just yet; when I check later on, it's likely that there may be something.

I'm very very probably going to join. Probably as a half-breed from the rose court... Question. Besides half-breeds, are we allowed to role-play as other creatures?

Approved as Literate. I would join, but I am of the opinion that whiny teenage brats do not save worlds. It's still approved though.

OOC// Dang. Alf ninja'd me. ninja.gif

When I was checking for mistakes, I suspect Alf might have been either reading it or already have it approved.

Well, I actually found a few things that would make the RP better. Anyone mind if I posted them?

OOC// Okay, here is what the message would have looked like if I had posted it earlier. smile.gif

OOC// You're welcome, Mangaholic. smile.gif

Told you that it's likely I missed something.

With the lack of bird songs, animal calls, and even a breeze, it would’ve been dead silent if not for the heated argument that went on between a family of four standing below the thick boughs of Bitternut Hickory.
I don't think 'Bitternut Hickory' needs to be capitalized. It's a common tree's name, right? If yes, then this is repeated at least twice later on.

Its head was shaped like that of a bear’s, except with two jagged fangs jutting from its upper jaws, and its black fur stood on end along its spine. And strangely, it seemed a bit humanoid in figure, if not a bit too large and muscular, but the terrible cries it made were far from human.
I think you meant 'jaw' (singular) not 'jaws' (plural). If you want a better flow, I suggest taking away the first 'and' of the last sentence. You use that quite often.

She should have helped them, instead of running, but what could she do against that creature, especially in its own home, the dark, forbidding forests, full of trees that blocked out the outer world...
Maybe you can use a colon near the end of the sentence.

There was no sign of his prey anywhere, and yet, the Sensor in the pockets continued to click softly.
'Pockets'? And you used the term 'the' so I sort of get the impression that it's not from his clothes pocket but from a bag or something else.

Luckily for both humanity and everyone else, there is hope of stopping the chaos that is leaving the boundaries of the Downworld, and that hope lies in sixteen 16-year old New York teenagers.
Try this: 'and that hope lies in sixteen New York teenagers aged sixteen.' Yeah this one's tricky... 'lies in sixteen New York teenagers whom are sixteen-years-old.' But aren't they currently fifteen?

❖ I have the right to change this rules at any time I want.
'These' since there's more than one rule.

As the RP progresses, they may begin to look more fey than humans, though, but for now, just describe them as they are before everything starts. If that didn’t make sense, ask me.
I don't think the coma before 'though' is needed. It's fine but I think it'll create a better flow if it weren't there.

These are kept hidden from mundane underneath their glamour.
Humans are known as mundanes, right? If yes, I think it should be plural up there.

Did you know that ‘play thing’ is actually one word?

Depending on how much he cares for his new bride, he will either grant her immortality or allow to wither away as all humans do.
Maybe you can add 'her' after 'allow'.

After just recently drinking blood, their faces will regain some humanly color, though the caused by their recent drink subsides quite quickly.
The last bit seems kinda odd...

Their upper body and head are that of a deer, while the hindquarters are replaced by a fish tail.
I'm not sure about this but I think it should be 'fish tails' since it's more than one watoragh.

Okay, now I think it's almost done. After you're done editing, I'll scan through it one more time to check for mistakes. smile.gif

Feel free to ignore the last line though. xd.png

((houses are further out off the main section of long island, primarily off past the broklen bridge and the others. There are some near central park, but they are few, far between and crammed together))

((I cannot wait to post my intro, it's going to be the best one that i will ever make for quite awhile)

Edited by SandMessiah

...Wait so this is now the OoC thread?

(( Hehe funny thing about that Manga... >_>

....I sorta got started... *puts off homework again*

(Okay I just put my username, gender, and court. ._.)

But I dun take much time on chars... I'll PM as soon as I'm done, 'k?

EDIT: Fixed to appropriate avatar. e_e ))

Edited by brokenglass

The air was still and calm, though the usual blare of traffic continued to echo throughout the neighborhood. Small trees of all sorts lined the road, their branches laden with newly-grown leaves. Several sparrows took shelter within these branches, but they were all strangely silent as they watched a human girl walking casually down the sidewalk. Her long distorted shadow was thrown forward by the sun, still bright but low in the evening sky. However, it wasn’t the girl’s presence that upset the little birds so much, but the ominous sense of foreboding in the air. The sparrows felt it, and though they did not know what it meant, it terrified them.

Alina, despite being human, also felt it, and though her steps were casual and relaxed, a sense of apprehension weighed upon her. She couldn’t shake the sensation off, and eventually, she gave up altogether. Still, she noticed that her neighborhood seemed a bit different and somewhat eerie. The birds weren’t singing anymore, and in spite of the warm, sunny air, Alina shivered. She continually looked behind her shoulder, as if sensing that something was trailing, but there was never anything there, just an silent, empty street.

Suddenly, the unbearable silence was broken by wretched, jarring shrieks. Startled, Alina jumped back, nearly falling onto a neighbor’s lawn. She glanced up after recovering from her surprise, and the sight that meant her was truly terrifying, at least to her. Perched upon the barren branches of a small, twisted tree was a terror of ravens, gazing at her with soulless, black eyes.

Alina was never really superstitious, and yet, to her, the ravens seemed to hold a grim and mysterious aura about them. She stared into their coal black eyes, and they cocked their head, watching her curiously. At last, she wrenched her eyes from the now silent ravens, shuddering inwardly. As she turned to continue down the path to her home, the ravens began to shriek again, this time mockingly, as if taunting her. Alina bit her bottom lip and quickened her pace. Behind her, the ravens continued their shrieking laughter, and Alina heard the deafening sound of a dozen pair of wings exploding into the air. Pausing for but a second, she watched as the terror disappeared beyond her view before proceeding to run home, the foreboding sensation in her heart worsening with each breath.

The world was relatively peaceful in the small neighborhood Shira lived in. The air was warm and slightly breezy, providing a sense of relaxation and an urge to lay down and rest in the soft grass beside the sidewalk.

This was the world Shirayuki Amane made her way through on her path home from a friend's house. The day had been long and pleasant; spending summer with her friends was what she always wanted to do, and since this was so soon after her birthday, Shira had had plenty of stuff to mess around with with her friends.

Still no amount of relaxation or peace had managed to assuage the sense of foreboding she felt deep in her heart. Something was going to happen soon, something big. She didn't know if it was something good or bad, all she was aware of was that something big was going to happen, and soon at that. Strange things had happened today, she had bumped into a person in the street wearing a long trench coat, and she could have sworn that their arm had been covered in thorns as they reached up to adjust the jacket. Other, minor things had happened, just the sort of things that always build up in the movies before a big plot twist occurs. The sort of stuff that sets you on edge and makes your hair stand on end, she thought quietly to herself. She'd be home soon, her family would have dinner, and then she and her mother would paint until it was time for bed.

Edited by jaina

Skye glanced impatiently at the clock. Tick. Tick. Tick. The time went by overbearingly slow, and the blonde impatiently tapped her pen against the surface of her desk, willing the school bell to ring. She didn't know exactly why, but there was some sort of excitement building up inside her, so much that she thought she might burst.

However, twisted in with the excitement was another sense of ... terror? Foreboding? She wasn't really sure. Skye stopped tapping her pen and quickly stuffed it into a stray pocket of her backpack. The rest of her books and papers had already been put away, and now the only thing preventing her from finding out whatever the source of her excitement was, was the time.

Hurry up, hurry up, Skye urged. Her mind was wandering already, focusing more on the rustle of the leaves on the trees outside than on the drone of her history teacher's voice.

Suddenly, the sharp ring of the school bell shot out, filling the class with noise. Skye's classmates slowly stood up and mulled about, chatting and closing their textbooks. Skye, however, grabbed her backpack and ran out of the classroom.

She sprinted past people, teachers and students alike, and burst out of the school. Finally. Skye hesitantly slowed down, coming to a stop at the red light as she waited for the cars to drive by.

When the red hand turned into a glowing person, Skye looked left, then right, and began crossing the street. When she was two footsteps from the other side, someone pushed her and she stumbled forward, the only thing saving her from falling flat on the ground was her sense of balance.

"Oof! Ugh, watch where you're going!" she exclaimed, rubbing her left arm. She checked all over to make sure nothing was bruised, and when she looked up again she was surprised to see that the person who had knocked her over was staring at her with wide eyes.

It was a girl, about two inches taller than her and with hair white as dandelions. Her eyes were a startling silver, but what shocked Skye the most was the fact that the purse the girl was holding had completely frozen over.

"W-what...?" Skye said, eyes transfixed on the glossy sheen of ice. The temperature was cooler than average for the summer, but definitely not below freezing level. The girl looked down at her purse, then mumbled something and pushed past Skye, quickly walking away. Skye looked until the figure of the girl was just a small, black dot in the distance. She shook her head, confused.

Starting on her way back home, Skye couldn't help but go at a slower pace, running through what had happened in her mind. Something was going to happen, she was so sure of it, and the feeling of excitement and foreboding only increased with each step she took.

Edited by dani-xo

The waterfront stood in silence, only the sound of the water beating on the concrete could be heard. A row of warehouses stands along the waterfront, watching over the goods they contain. But inside one of these warehouses, you can hear faintly hear the sound of activity.

Clay looked at the radio in front of him with eyes that radiated impatience. He looked at the person who was beside him and saw that same look. He then looked around the warehouse. He could see a couple of people doing a couple of throw-ups on the wall. He could also see people near a large table, talking about something. And above them he could see a banner, with the words "Heaven's Assassins." Suddenly, the radio flared up with words, with made the both of them close in.

"It's the bottom of the ninth, two outs, zero strikes and no balls" said the Radio Announcer. Clay and the other person closed in even more, want to hear every word that he said.

"Number 43, Damaso Marte comes up to bat. The pitcher throws it...and he hits it!" Clay and the other person stood up in excitement. He began to shout words such as "come on, go over the fence!" Clay merely made his hands into fists and wish for a home run

"It's going...it's going...and it's gone, it's a home run!!" shouted the radio announcer, both Clay and the other person began to shout in victory. But after their little cheer fest, another person walked over and shut off the radio. He looked at Clay and the other person with his strong red eyes.

"Clay, Greg, we need you at the planning table." Said the man as he walked towards the table. Clay merely sighed as he and Greg walked over to the table were ten other people joined them. Everyone took a seat on the folding chairs as a map of the subway was rolled onto the table.

"Okay everyone, today is a day like no other" started the man as he walked around the table, a sign that he had a little speech.

"Tonight, is the night we are written into the books of graffiti history! We are going to bomb...a whole train!" Shouted the man, which caused everyone to gasp. Suddenly, somebody shouted "Zax, that's impossible, nobody has successful bomb a whole train since the 90's!"

Zax merely grinned and said "true, but we have a window of opportunity tonight." He then place his finger along a subway route and said "we have information that a brand new train is going to use a track that goes above ground. That is where we are going to strike, but we will only have four minutes to do this..."

The sounds of dis-agreement filled the large room, apparently everyone was thinking that this was suicide. But suddenly, a loud voice filled the room.

"Will everyone shut the hell up for five minutes!" Shouted Clay as he got out of his seat and walked towards Zax. He then watched as everyone looked at him, wondering what he was going to say. "Look, this might sound crazy, but i think we can do this. We have all talked about our latest project for about a week, we need to inform people that this global cooling is just as serious as global warming. And this is the only way we can do this!" Said Clay in a passionate and defensive voice, which cause people to turn from disagreement into agreement.

Zax smiled at Clay, he was very happy that he had 'Soaring Eagle's' support. He then turned to the rest of the group and said "Okay, now that everyone is in agreement, here is what we are going to do. Everyone is going do a piece on the four-car train. On one side, the piece is going to represent a desert wasteland while on the other side the piece is going to represent a frozen earth. Everyone is also going to be responsible to write their part of the message and making sure they match with their neighboring cars. Are we clear on the plan?"

After everyone nodded, Zax walked away from the table and said "everyone suit up, we leave in ten minutes."

------------------------

As Clay walked up the stairs of a building, he could feel the slight weight of the spray paint and glider slowing him down. He continued onward until he reached an open door, were he found himself alone on the roof. As he walked towards the edge of the roof, he felt like something was whispering in his ear...they were dark, yet persuasive voices. They were telling him to jump, but Clay merely shook the voices out of his head. As he did that, he noticed his watch beeping. This was the single that to jump and glide to the track. He pulled a cord on the backpack, and out came a small, one person glider. He then took a couple of steps back and ran towards the edge of the roof. As he reached the edge, he jumped off the edge and allowed the glider to carry him. As he looked downward, he could see the streets below, busy with people. The sound of a train's horn focused his attention ahead, when he noticed that he was almost above the train. He pulled the cord again, which collasped the glider back into the backpack. He then began a small fall and landed on the top of the train.

Suddenly, more and more people joined him. He noticed the letters HA sprayed onto their hoodies. Clay could feel the wind passing his body, almost taking him with it. Zax shouted "We have only three minutes thirty seconds left, start spraying!"

Clay backed up and allowed him feet to reach the bottom ledge of the car. He then pulled out one of his spray can and began to do his piece. As he began, he could feel his heart pumping really hard. He had learned to deal with this and even learn how to enjoy the thrill. Once he was a quarter of the way done, he noticed the people inside. They were watching him, but none of them were alerting the driver of the train, or the police. Beside his gray eyes, they couldn't see anything that would identity him. He then noticed three people, two of whom were very old. They looked at Clay and gave a bony smile as they raised a hand. And he thought he saw sparks...almost like magic.

"TWO MINUTES!" Shouted Zax as he crouched over the top checking on the progress on the project. Clay shook his head and continued to spray the paint across the side of the car. Once he was done with creating the desert wasteland, he threw away the now empty spray can and pulled out another one. His heart was beating even hard, and he could feel the adrenaline. He was now able to focus more easily, so he painted the words "we need to do" He was confident that the others would make his piece connect. He jumped up and pulled himself up onto the roof of the train. Thirty seconds later, everyone else joined Clay and Zax.

"Okay, thirty seconds left, get ready to jump!" Shouted Zax as the train was getting close to the entrance to the subway. Everyone pulled their cords and allowed the wind-tunnel effect to take them away from the train. Clay looked downward and saw the train enter the tunnel. He knew that this was a success, he could tell because he noticed the smiles and laughs from everyone. But something was bugging him, what were those voices...and the people on the train, who were they?

"Okay everyone, we are heading back. Last one back has to buy the pizza!" Shouted Zax as he dove downward. Clay dove after him, he wasn't going buy the pizza this time.

((MAN that took awhile!))

"Get down from there! You'll fall and break your neck!" The policeman waved at something... someone, rather, who was in a tree, hidden by foliage. A few curious people were gathered loosely around the tree, craning their necks to try and see who was causing the ruckus.

"Nyaaa! Make me!" Sen stuck his tongue out at those below, though he knew they couldn't see him. Feeling another twinge in his stomach, he grimaced and climbed higher. He'd been feeling weird for the whole day... like there was something heavy in his gut. Usually when he wasn't feeling so happy, he'd climb. The adrenaline and sheer thrill of being high up usually made the bad feelings go away, but today... today was different. He couldn't put his finger on it, but it felt as if something was going to go horribly wrong very soon.

A squirrel chittered at him. Sen wondered what the squirrel was thinking Probably something like, "hey, what's this thing doing up here? It should be on the ground, with food to give to me. Food. Num num num. Nibble. He giggled, the sinking feeling in his gut momentarily erased.

The squirrel ran off, and a surprisingly chill wind struck Sen, making him shiver. Checking his watch, he noticed that it was starting to get late. Well, not really, but he liked to be home early. Time to get down, I guess. Clambering down, e upon reaching the ground was reprimanded by several people, all spouting the same lines. He half-listened, bored. Things about "where's your mother?" and "you could've killed yourself!"... He yawned in an exaggerated manner, then dove between a couple people and ran off.

The opening of the stage's main curtain caused silence in the crowded, darkened theater. One spot light lit the center of the stage, illuminating a girl standing still, posed with her eyes closed. The first note of the music hit and the girl's eyes opened, revealing their stunning golden hue. As the music began, her body moved in perfect sync. Each slight movement was significant and fit the notes. As it got more intense, so to did her movements. She twirled, and halted just when the music did. Pausing for less then a moment before continuing on with the complicated routine. As Sadine moved, all eyes in the entire audience were on her. It was mesmerizing and almost impossible to look away. When Sadine froze and the music stopped, there was complete silence in the theater. The girl's chest rose and fell harshly, trying to take in enough oxygen to calm her pounding heart. Sadie never felt more alive than in the moments when she was dancing and the moments that followed. They were the longest and the shortest moments of her life.

A second after the stop of the music, the hall burst in to applause. Sadie's face broke into a wide smile. Each and every person rose from their seat, applauding the girl's performance. Sadie straightened, still smiling, then gracefully bowed low to the audience. This only caused the applause to grow louder and the members of the audience became even more pleased with her. Sadie rose, waved to the crowd, and hurried back stage. Usually, it was hard to get Sadie to stop smiling and feeling wonderful after a performance went so well. Today something was different. A dark feeling was lurking in the back of her mind. A trainer was waiting to congratulate Sadie, her most esteemed pupil, as she exited the stage. The other students of the school congratulated her as well, all proud to know someone with her abilities. Sadie smiled at all of them, and thanked everyone, but she couldn't shake the feeling that things were off. She grabbed her things, her coat and bag, and hurried to the back exit.

Mom said she would stop by the performance today and meet me at the house after. Sadie remembered. She focused her thoughts on that, forcing herself to be positive. When she pushed through the back door, sunlight spilled over her. Sadie stopped to smile and twirl around in a circle. Just being outside made her feel a little better. Sadie began hurrying home, the smile consuming most of her face.

To get to her apartment, she had to cross Central Park. As she walked along the twisting paths, she passed a few people heading the other direction. She saw a couple in front of her. Two blonds, a man and a woman, walking arm in arm. As they got closer, it seemed like the temperature rose. She moved to the side to let them pass and as they were even with her, the woman turned to look at Sadie. Sadie took in the golden skin, golden hair and her eyes met with the woman's similar golden ones. As soon as they locked gazes, a feral, ferocious grin spread across the woman's face. Sadine's eyes widened and she took a step back. When she blinked, the girl was smiling at her happily. Sadie glanced around the park, but nothing else was out of sorts. Sadie looked back at the couple who hadn't even paused from the experience. Sadie shook her head and continued on her way, trying to push the thoughts out of her mind.

When she arrived at her apartment, Sadie quickly unlocked the door and hurried in. She couldn't wait to see her mom and hear what she thought of the performance. When she stepped through the door, she saw that all the lights were off. She flicked on the switch next to her to see that the apartment was empty. She dropped her coat and bag by the door and hurried over to the counter. She saw a slip of paper resting there that said:

Sadine,

Something came up with work. I'm sure you'll understand. I'll talk to you when I get home.

Love,

Your mother

Sadie just stared at the paper. It took a few minutes for the note to really sink in. When it did, Sadie ripped it in half right down the middle. She began ripping the pieces apart with no order, just desperate to get it destroyed. She walked to the trash can and threw the pieces into it, watching them flutter downward. She then slammed her hand down on the table, her whole body shaking with anger. She hurried to her room and slammed the door behind her. Once she was inside she began pulling off her dance recital costume and changing into her gym clothes. When she was completely changed, she grabbed her gym bag and walked back to the front door. It seemed like the temperature of the apartment had raised since Sadie had read the note. Sadie grabbed the things she had dropped by the door and flicked off the lights. She threw the door open, walked through it, and pulled it shut behind her. All she could think was that she needed a good workout to get over the terrible feelings form the whole day.

Edited by Key2Universe