Zero_Photofox

Scroll Descriptions

I'm sure someone has to have thought of this before, but I found nothing... SO

Yes, dragoncave takes place in a cave. It's not modern times, we know. But I'm sure everyone's idea of their personal cave is a little bit different. Why not have the option to include a scroll description that others can read when they view your scroll, similar to what they see when they view customly described dragons? While it's not a very big thing, it might help to add a little more of a fun backstory for some people!

I can't recall what happened to the other 'scroll description' threads, I think they became inactive for too long and got deleated. Its been awhile since one of these popped up.

I'd love such a feature.

That way you can put something like "if you would like a bred ___, PM on the forum at ____" or add some funny dragon clicking sentense or whatever you would like.

I thought up with one time, but didn't post it.

I think this is a neat idea *nods* I'd like to be able to do something like that.

Yes, I like this idea a lot, and I've always supported it.

We could have a selection of pre-written messages for those too lazy to write their own, and maybe to cut down on needed moderation, like:

'Welcome to my cave!'

'Beware the dragons!

And, of course, others could write their own descriptions, ranging from the practical, like:

'Conducting neglected experiments- please don't rescue my eggs!'

Or very creative...:

'You come up the path to a towering mountain. Scales glitter in the sun, and the air is filled with the music of hundred of dragons.'

'Oh, wow, look at all the mints. There are hundreds of them! It must be some sort of army!'

Yes, I like this idea a lot, and I've always supported it.

We could have a selection of pre-written messages for those too lazy to write their own, and maybe to cut down on needed moderation, like:

'Welcome to my cave!'

'Beware the dragons!

And, of course, others could write their own descriptions, ranging from the practical, like:

'Conducting neglected experiments- please don't rescue my eggs!'

Or very creative...:

'You come up the path to a towering mountain. Scales glitter in the sun, and the air is filled with the music of hundred of dragons.'

'Oh, wow, look at all the mints. There are hundreds of them! It must be some sort of army!'

Mine would probably be...

"You try entering this cave, but a mass of black hatchlings block your way. And they seem to be singing something about fire and cake?"

(Not really, I'd be much more creative xd.png)

Anyway, yeah. I've always liked the idea of full cave descriptions. And maybe, since some people think of their dragons in a territory that takes up a lot of different areas, it could be double the standard description length to cover that?

Oho, excellent suggestion. I'd definitely love having the practical descriptions on my scroll, at least.

Would scroll descriptions have to go through the same approval process as dragon descriptions, though?

Oho, excellent suggestion. I'd definitely love having the practical descriptions on my scroll, at least.

Would scroll descriptions have to go through the same approval process as dragon descriptions, though?

I'd assume so, at least the self written ones. We need a way to keep the rude material down, and the quality standard up.

That's why I think the most popular practical messages should be a already written one you could choose, to cut down on moderators needed.

I'd love to have this, as it would bring a new personal level to the game. I wouldn't mind if it was run the same way as dragon descriptions are, so that we can keep the material clean, focused, and DC related timelines.

I can't recall what happened to the other 'scroll description' threads, I think they became inactive for too long and got deleated. Its been awhile since one of these popped up.

It doesn't hurt anyone for suggesting an idea, especially it's a good idea. huh.gif

Why do you just keep telling people 'this', 'that' was suggested before and shot down and deleted?

If it disappears, please get over it because it's time to come back.

You'd better not saying anything rather than posting something like this.

Personally, I like this idea.

I will put : Those who throw cookies at these dragons will be asked to retrieve them . tongue.gif

It doesn't hurt anyone for suggesting an idea, especially it's a good idea. huh.gif

Why do you just keep telling people 'this', 'that' was suggested before and shot down and deleted?

If it disappears, please get over it because it's time to come back.

You'd better not saying anything rather than posting something like this.

Personally, I like this idea.

I will put : Those who throw cookies at these dragons will be asked to retrieve them . tongue.gif

*cookie falls at the foot of a particarly bad tempered red dragon*

Person: *gulp*

Also, I don't think Dolphin was shooting down the idea. She was simply stating that we used to have this thread, but it dissapeared because of inactivity.

I would love it!

"The four dragon clans of the Meerkat Mountains began when a large band of dragons migrated north from the..." *drones on*

Sounds good to me! I love writing up place descriptions. And it would be useful to let people know that I might breed for them... And it would be nice to point out all the terribly clever things I'm doing. laugh.gif

Also, I don't think Dolphin was shooting down the idea. She was simply stating that we used to have this thread, but it dissapeared because of inactivity.

well, we'd better keep it active then hmm?

I just saw another thread that said something about an intro page, which I think is a similar idea

Would the cave descriptions have to be appropriate for the medieval era that Dragon Cave takes place in, like the dragon descriptions do?

Would the cave descriptions have to be appropriate for the medieval era that Dragon Cave takes place in, like the dragon descriptions do?

hmm... I guess that would be up to TJ, but I'm guessing he would probs say that yes, they would

This is exactly what I was thinking about! I'm sick of mentioning what my dragons belong to in their descriptions. I think a scroll description would be much better

I myself would so love to make a description to scroll biggrin.gif I already have in my mind how my cave looks like happy.gif Thought about it for god knows how long time!

what a good idea

If topics on this have been made in the past and have been deleted, then I doubt this will be implemented as it has been suggested before.

It's the easiest thing in the world to code, and yet TJ won't implement it for his reasons.

I would *love* such a feature, really but I'm pretty pessmistic about it being implemented.

I love the idea, but I wouldn't like pre-typed messages. :/

Isn't the whole point of this to allow for some more creativity?