bbik

State egg/hatchling influence info

I originally posted this in the news thread, but it's probably more appropriate here, so here it is again (with some rephrasing)!

It seems like it would be a good idea to mention any relevant influence details done to an egg (or hatchling, once it hatches) directly on that dragon's page. Either as another line below the view/click details, at the bottom like with the sickness message, or perhaps in the actions page instead, though that seems a bit stranger.

That way, you can double check through the egg/hatchling, rather than through an unrelated dragon, that the egg/hatchling has been influenced. And you can also confirm that you did it right, in case you're not sure, or forgot, or something like that.

It would also definitely be useful for AP- or trade-caught ungendered hatchlings, so you can have an idea of which gender is more likely, and toss it back or not right then, rather than waiting for one gender, only to find days later that it's already been influenced to be the other.

And depending on what actually happens with abandoned eggs, since it seems to be unclear whether the eggs lose the influencing, or whether they're just allowed to be influenced again, it would also be good as a way to tell if anything's been done to an egg you catch off the AP, and in which direction. It sounds like this may have been fixed to definitely reset, now? Can anyone confirm/deny, rather than just speculate and repeat that reseting is how it's supposed to work?

Ideas for how to include the information:

This egg has been under the influence of (link).

(To be displayed in the same area as the sickness and premature hatching messages.)

Clicks: 14

Influenced: Male/Female

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 10 hours

Owner: bbik

Mother: Mommy

Father: Daddy

View Lineage

And then once the hatchling genders, the Influenced line can be replaced by/updated to the Gender line, just like it already does now.

(I prefer my second suggestion, but I'm flexible.)

Edited by bbik

I think that's a good idea. Maybe something like:

I really like this idea <3 It does make sense, as well.

I'm not sure if influenced eggs keep their influence after being abandoned or not, though...

Assuming that the eggs keep their influence, I think this would be a great thing to have! It would even add an extra benefit to trading, perhaps, especially if someone is hoping for a specific gender smile.gif

Is it just me looking too deep into things, or would it also make each player's 'cave' seem more like a community? Like the pink dragons influencing the egg's gender because they helped care for it? **is hopeless dork** xd.png

I also agree. This is a very good idea.

And off topic but I love your kitty, bbik.

Edited by rubyshoes

Sorry, I just had a vision of an egg being pulled over by a Guardian dragon and handcuffed for HUI. "Hatching Under the Influence". I must watch too many cop shows. xd.png

But seriously, I've been trying to find out for sure from TJ or someone else who knows, whether they hold their influence or not when abandoned. There are 2 different stories out there, both with screenshot proof. So either way, something is glitchy.

If they do hold their influence, yes this would be nice to have.

Yes! This would be perfect. And the other BSAs could have little markers too if needed.

*lols at the cop shows joke*

Hmm, I hope we can find out...

Actually, it could be even more basic than that.

• Clicks: 14

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 10 hours

Heck, or just stick influence info in the gender info spot:

• Owner: bbik

Mother: Mommy

Father: Daddy

View Lineage

And then once the hatchling genders, the Influenced line can be replaced by/updated to the Gender line, just like it already does now.

I was actually trying not to go basic... like the sickness thing, where it would be at the very bottom. xd.png

And, cool!

I was actually trying not to go basic... like the sickness thing, where it would be at the very bottom. xd.png

And, cool!

Ah, ok then. I wasn't sure where a full sentence would go, but that makes sense. Guess we have a couple options now, then! smile.gif Hopefully at least one of them gets used, whichever one it is.

I think a sentence at the bottom is best, or at least a special place where you can see all of the BSA's that have been used on it, assuming you will be able to say, influence an egg and then incubate it.

I love that idea! It would be great to be able to see on an egg's info page whether it has been influenced and in what way. smile.gif

Good idea, particularly if eggs from the AP will keep their influence...

Has it been cleared up yet whether abandoned eggs are and should keep the previous owner's influence? If not, then that needs to be sorted, and in the meantime, this definitely still needs to be added.

And even if it has been decided for eggs, it would be really nice to know if a hatchling caught from the AP has been influenced or not, and in which way.

Has it been cleared up yet whether abandoned eggs are and should keep the previous owner's influence? If not, then that needs to be sorted, and in the meantime, this definitely still needs to be added.

If I am remembering correctly, on the Twitter page, TJ stated that an egg does not keep its influence if abandoned.

I'd really like to see this implemented... I think I've forgotten which of my eggs I've influenced as what... o_o''

Also, something similar for the incubate BSA would be nice, as well.

If I am remembering correctly, on the Twitter page, TJ stated that an egg does not keep its influence if abandoned.

That kinda stinks.

Anyway, I'm all for having an indicator (I like the sentence at the bottom idea) for different breed specific actions.

That kinda stinks.

Anyway, I'm all for having an indicator (I like the sentence at the bottom idea) for different breed specific actions.

Actually, I personally like it. Say you grab an egg you really wanted, say something rare like a gold or silver. You are needing a male, only you find that the previous owner influenced it to be female, you would be out of luck. As it is, since the previous influence is gone, you could influence that egg to be male instead of female, or leave it to chance if you so desire.

Bump.

People are still, and more frequently, saying that an egg loses its influence once it's abandoned. Originally, this was not the case, as people were catching eggs and finding they were already influenced. Has this been fixed now? If not, then the direction would be a useful thing to know.

And even if eggs have been fixed, it would still be a very nice thing to know if you catch an ungendered hatchling. Unless hatchlings lose the influence, too, even though they've already hatched? There has been no mention of that being the case, though.

Sorry, I just had a vision of an egg being pulled over by a Guardian dragon and handcuffed for HUI. "Hatching Under the Influence". I must watch too many cop shows. xd.png

But seriously, I've been trying to find out for sure from TJ or someone else who knows, whether they hold their influence or not when abandoned. There are 2 different stories out there, both with screenshot proof. So either way, something is glitchy.

If they do hold their influence, yes this would be nice to have.

Even for the person who bred them to keep - I quite often forget how I influenced an egg unsure.gif As this just happened to me this week, I even started a new thread asking for this !

I also recently gifted an influenced egg (we just hoped for the best, as I could influence and the recipient couldn't) and it hatched as intended, so....

With my poor memory this would really be a help to me. I often forget whether and which way I have influenced an egg. If I have an extra pink dragon around with influence available, I can figure out the "whether" part, but have nothing to tell me "which way"!

I would love this! I end up using a pink to check if an egg has been influenced but I can't tell then which way I influenced it. Which is sometimes necessary if I get a mate particularly soon.

YES. I find it somewhat frustrating to influence an egg, only to forget what I influenced it as. I usually try to name my dragons before they gender, and usually the names are gender-specific. That's pretty much why I influence them...to know for sure what I should name them before they hatch. This feature would save me loads of grief in the future.

+1 googolplex supports.

Edited by Kanakha