angelicdragonpuppy

Groups: Custom Sort for Group Creation

I am so, so, SO happy that groups are a thing now, and as such I almost feel a little guilty for posting a suggestion about it right away (I'm not ungrateful I swear! xd.png), but I wanted to bring this up while it's presumably still being tinkered with in preparation for the internal sorting changes.

ANYHOO--can we have an option to sort dragons into groups ala custom sort, where as usual you can select multiple different dragons with ctrl / shift and move them all at once? Little folder icons would be added at the top of the page with labels so you could just chuck them in there. There'd also be a new group folder where after adding dragons it brings you to the set up page.

And ideally after you save, the next time you go back there all dragons are still visible, but those that have already been sorted elsewhere could have some indicator on them (maybe dulled out? A star mark? A list of the other groups it's already in dangling below it? That might get unwieldy though so maybe only list the first group if there's multiple, with a ... following)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

If we can't custom sort them, can we possibly have a "gender" option to sort them by? Hopefully one could activate more than one with that -- for example, being able to select breed + gender (and maybe an option for which gender sorts first, but that's less necessary.)

My problem is that you can't remove a dragon after you've created a group. Custom sort would naturally solve that though tongue.gif

My problem is that you can't remove a dragon after you've created a group. Custom sort would naturally solve that though tongue.gif

You can remove a dragon from a group by unchecking the box next to that group.

Absolutely love this new sorting feature! And I can't wait to custom sort groups. ^-^

However, I'd love if there was an option to be able to custom sort the dragons inside the group itself. So they can be in whatever order you want them to be inside the group.

Sorry if that's asking a lot. ;-;

This is still amazing, however, and I'm so grateful for this new feature!

Edit: Thanks to those who answered me; I can't wait for custom sorting inside the groups as well! So excited!

Edited by Cupup889

Adoring the new feature, so useful! <3 Thank you!

Hey, does anyone know how to add multiple dragons after creating a group - I made a group called Cave Borns, where I intend to store all my CB's (duh). Currently it contains only CB Green Dragons (I used the 'Same Breed' adding option and excluded bred dragons later), but how do I add more groups of dragons, not just individual ones from this point on now that the group's already been created?

Absolutely love this new sorting feature! And I can't wait to custom sort groups. ^-^

However, I'd love if there was an option to be able to custom sort the dragons inside the group itself. So they can be in whatever order you want them to be inside the group.

Sorry if that's asking a lot. ;-;

This is still amazing, however, and I'm so grateful for this new feature!

TJ said in the news post that he'd be adding custom sorting for groups later :3

Custom sort would be very nice, but does that mean we'd have to manually sort each group? huh.gif Cause I'd really like a simple way to just use the account default sort... which, in my case, is very much custom sort-ized, but I don't want to re-sort every time I create a new group.

I beleive the custom sorting is planned to be implemented anyway^^

But what would make this feature useful to me would be an ability to hide chosen dragons this way from view completely while being able to highlight dragons one wants to show off^^; for now I don't really have use of the feature:P

Edited by VixenDra

I would really enjoy being able to have an additional option (in custom perhaps) that would let me put all my frozen hatchlings at the bottom.

Right now I have everything sorted by date stolen which is how I want my adults, but I'd love to be able to place all the hatchies wayyyyyy at the end.

TJ said in the news post that custom sort for organizing within groups would be added later smile.gif

My concern is making it easier to make groups to begin with. I'm trying to make groups of things like Spriter's Alt descendants, current IOUs, projects on working on etc, and right now the only way to do so is to very tediously go through my dragons one by one clicking move to group. It would be much, much faster if I could just select and drag and drop large numbers of disparate dragons the way we can in custom sort.

Also I forgot to mention this, but aside from making groups from your scroll, there should be an option to go within groups and move dragons either out of them or into other groups--which will fit in with the custom sort that's going to be added.

I hope he might do something like we have for custom sort, where we can select a bunch and add them to the group. I have mentioned to him the need for this.

Totally support this - I would really like to make a CB group, but I'm definitely not going through all of my 4500 dragons one by one. For me, it would already be sufficient to be able to select multiple dragons in something like the list in the group creation window (that would even be more ideal for my purpose, since I could just filter for my CB naming scheme and select all of them). Anyway, *some* way to sort multiple seemingly unrelated dragons into a group at once would be really appreciated. :3

I support this too!

Multiselect is a must!

Multi-select as well as the option to sort in all the dragons in x breed to the same group.

I have some groups for different kinds of holiday dragons and it's SUPER TEDIOUS to try to add in ALL the members of all the holiday dragons of x holiday into the same goddamn group, one by one.

So another option to do that would be really helpful as well!

I'm intending to just use breed sort of my entire scroll (with placing hatchlings and growing things at the top again) once I got all my dragons sorted into the groups I want them to be in, so then I won't have to use frozen hatchies as scroll dividers ever again! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

My concern is making it easier to make groups to begin with. I'm trying to make groups of things like Spriter's Alt descendants, current IOUs, projects on working on etc, and right now the only way to do so is to very tediously go through my dragons one by one clicking move to group. It would be much, much faster if I could just select and drag and drop large numbers of disparate dragons the way we can in custom sort.

Also I forgot to mention this, but aside from making groups from your scroll, there should be an option to go within groups and move dragons either out of them or into other groups--which will fit in with the custom sort that's going to be added.

Yes. Please.

I have dragons that I would like to sort into groups by things like spriter's alt lineage, holiday mates, special codes. Right now it is awfully tedious to move dragons into such groups. I have 4000 Z-code dragons and can't imagine trying to make a group of those!

Being able to select multiple dragons with ctrl and click and then add to group would make this feature so much more usable!

But then i need also a group for dragons stolen or laid at the 1st April for example. I need this group, but on the other hand i don't want to go through all my dragons and look at the date.

Or Thuwed dragons, or certain CBs that i slowly collect to be the start of a breeding project in the future... Those dragons are not connected by lineage or breed.

So i support a custom sort for adding dragons like the Legacy Custom sort for example? I can handle that, if i can search for names or codes or gender or breed or colour maybe?

Edited by Tigerkralle

Love the feature and all the pending updates.

One thing I think would be helpful, (and if it's been mentioned someplace, I didn't see it), is if the the group(s) the dragon is(are) in would show instead of "add to group" when viewing a dragon.

I think the best possible way to go about creating group is via something similar to the page of the alternate custom sort. This way, you can do the following things:

- use a regular sort for your scroll for the time being, default being your current sort (no matter how custom).

- add several dragons at once via click + CTRL.

Now, add to that the features we already have for creating groups - adding all dragons of the same breed, or of the same bloodline or maybe the same caught date (as a bonus). Sounds good?

Another very useful feature would be that you don't choose your dragons with CTRL + click, since it's easy to misclick and then having to start all over again. But maybe add a checkbox to each selected dragon (similar to how many hatcheries, like EATW, work) so it's easier to select a certain group for your group. Or, alternately, turn the whole mini-pic representing each of your dragons into a checkbox (big green check mark as an overlay should work nicely).

Cannot wait for a Custom Sort option to be added to the groups. I've got my groups as breeding pairs, so I'd like to be able to have each pair next to each other, instead of spread around - that way if anyone was looking at a breeding group, they could see who dates who. smile.gif