Fuzzbucket

Separate subforum for changes to existing BSAs

Over and over again, when members ask for something to change about a BSA - or even worse, when members ask for a change which IS NOT actually a change to the BSA but a change only distantly related to one, the thread is moved from suggestions to BSAs - an area where no-one who wants real game changing things to happen rarely goes as it is so FULL of things like melting cheese, paper airplanes and the like. Fun, but to be blunt - not important.

Things we NEED, like changes to trading (being able to accept part of a trade, for instance) vanish into the mud at the bottom of the pond, and there is no hope they will ever happen.

Can we either have them stay in suggestions if they are only a modification, and keep the BSA area for NEW BSA suggestions or failing that, have a separate subforum for CHANGES to EXISTING BSAs and anything connected to existing BSAs ?

Threads like these:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176989

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117622

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=127194

do NOT belong in BSAs.

Please ? It is important.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Please!

I favor splitting the BSA subforum into "fluff" and "game-altering", myself, but ANYTHING would be appreciated!

Cheers!

C4.

Please!

I favor splitting the BSA subforum into "fluff" and "game-altering", myself, but ANYTHING would be appreciated!

Cheers!

C4.

So do I - but that upsets the people who ask for what I call fluff; they feel insulted laugh.gif

Full support +one million!

And, yes, the BSA section belongs split into fluff and game-altering and, of course, BSA altering suggestions. (Maybe call the fluff "game-neutral" or something as to not ruffle any feathers?)

I support this.

The BSA forum is more of a dead end than a promotion of actual discussion, any way. A very large percentage of the suggestions while cute, aren't necessary for improved game play. But, changes to existing BSAs DIRECTLY affect game play. To move them to the BSA forum simply kills any prospect of discussion and any hope that TJ will actually see the requests to implement any of them.

I have expressed my feelings on this before and will continue to plead for this change every chance I get.

The BSA subforum is a dead-end where some very good suggestions have gone to die. You can actually watch it happen! A suggestion -- for instance one about changing the way trades are handled in some way -- is made in the Suggestion forum and gets lively discussion from members. Then a mod comes along and whisks it to the BSA subforum and there is no more comment. No one ever posts to it again unless the IP or someone else who has already posted in favor of it comes along to bump it to the top. Essentiallly as soon as it hits that forum it is dead, dead, DEAD!

I'll give this my support. I think suggested modifications to existing BSAs belong in the main suggestions area myself. They're in-game, so I don't see how "let's make the precog BSA a bit more user friendly" is any different than "let's add a fertility filter to breeding so people can search for a dragon".

Like PF13, I would much rather see these modifications allowed in the main suggestion forum, but if the most we can hope for is their own subforum, then I am in for that.

Every time i see this - I swear I seen this suggestion before! - its gets full support from me. BSA subforum is a dead end IMO

Preferably a forum much like the actual Suggestions forum, where posting 'I support this idea' won't get you a warn. That, in my own personal, still-bitter-about-it, opinion, is the worst part about the BSA forums at this point in time. It would also promote more movement and therefore discussion among forum users.

In short, I would love to see this happen.

Yes please!! I also agree with sorting the BSA suggestions into "fun" and "helpful" or something along those lines! smile.gif

a separate subforum for CHANGES to EXISTING BSAs and anything connected to existing BSAs

Support. I think this is much needed, especially regarding trade-related modifications - they are the most useful (imo), but they always get buried and lost.

Support either way for all the reasons already mentoned and maybe for potential not-yet-mentioned ones.

The current way is just not working at all.

So do I - but that upsets the people who ask for what I call fluff; they feel insulted laugh.gif

Well, let them be insulted! Their suggestions, while cute, don't change game play. tongue.gif

For those of you wondering about seeing this before.... it comes up in any even quasi-related threads, in forum feedback threads, and its got at least 2 full suggestions floating around in this forum....

Cheers!

C4.

100% support! Again! Please! How many times has this been suggested? Please???

Fuzz and I don't agree on much, but THIS suggestion is one thing we are in full agreement on.

This being so, it HAS to be Right !!! laugh.gif

Alright, I'm going to throw this out here to gauge reactions because here's what I'd like to see:

1. Move changes-to-existing-BSAs topics back to Suggestions/Requests

I don't see the need for yet another separate forum for BSAs when people complain now that they miss topics in the BSA section because they never check the section. No reason to throw around more subsections when people aren't interested in checking them anyway. Let's just keep everything neat and tidy in the general Suggestions area. There aren't too many alterations to existing BSAs anyway.

2. Close/remove the entire BSA subsection

It's been - what - six years now since the BSA section was added, and how many of the BSAs suggested have been added? Zero. Yup, a whopping zero BSAs from the BSA section (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here!). Now, I could speculate on why this is (probably partly because p much nobody is going to go "oh, don't like this dragon, maybe it should have a BSA" or "I'd really like if this dragon I love got a BSA" and then think about a BSA for it. We're all thinking of BSAs we want and them sticking them on dragons, so there's not very many BSAs with super viable explanations behind them), but I think the more important thing here is if the section has been useful at all. No viable/workable suggestions implemented in six years of the section. Doesn't seem very useful to me at all. People aren't checking the section, since the implementation of BSAs we have only seen the introduction of new BSAs with new dragons, and none of the suggested BSAs have been added. I say the section has run its course, just like the Merchandise section did.

3. Disallow suggesting BSAs for old dragons and suggest that people suggest new dragons for BSAs they want instead

And the reasoning behind this is largely the same as the reasoning above: since the first BSAs were implemented, the only new BSAs we've seen were introduced with a newly released dragon. No BSA has been added to an existing dragon in years, even though we've seen plenty of suggestions pass by. So let's call a spade a spade and get the BSAs we want by suggesting new dragons that will really fit the BSA.

Alright, I'm going to throw this out here to gauge reactions because here's what I'd like to see:

1. Move changes-to-existing-BSAs topics back to Suggestions/Requests

I don't see the need for yet another separate forum for BSAs when people complain now that they miss topics in the BSA section because they never check the section. No reason to throw around more subsections when people aren't interested in checking them anyway. Let's just keep everything neat and tidy in the general Suggestions area. There aren't too many alterations to existing BSAs anyway.

2. Close/remove the entire BSA subsection

It's been - what - six years now since the BSA section was added, and how many of the BSAs suggested have been added? Zero. Yup, a whopping zero BSAs from the BSA section (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here!). Now, I could speculate on why this is (probably partly because p much nobody is going to go "oh, don't like this dragon, maybe it should have a BSA" or "I'd really like if this dragon I love got a BSA" and then think about a BSA for it. We're all thinking of BSAs we want and them sticking them on dragons, so there's not very many BSAs with super viable explanations behind them), but I think the more important thing here is if the section has been useful at all. No viable/workable suggestions implemented in six years of the section. Doesn't seem very useful to me at all. People aren't checking the section, since the implementation of BSAs we have only seen the introduction of new BSAs with new dragons, and none of the suggested BSAs have been added. I say the section has run its course, just like the Merchandise section did.

3. Disallow suggesting BSAs for old dragons and suggest that people suggest new dragons for BSAs they want instead

And the reasoning behind this is largely the same as the reasoning above: since the first BSAs were implemented, the only new BSAs we've seen were introduced with a newly released dragon. No BSA has been added to an existing dragon in years, even though we've seen plenty of suggestions pass by. So let's call a spade a spade and get the BSAs we want by suggesting new dragons that will really fit the BSA.

I agree; while sequestering BSAs away into their own subforum makes sense for organization reasons, it really doesn't help draw attention to them.

Personally, I hardly look at the BSA requests because I usually forget they exist. I'm so caught up in the rest of the forum and the main requests section that I don't think to look in the subforum. While I'm not sure it'll make everyone happy, I feel like if the BSAs were floating in and among the other general requests they would get much more attention than they get now.

Edited by Vrack

I think so too. I don't usually go to BSAs because of all the fluff. I have to say the suggestions forum is going to get fluffy instead - but MAYBE if there is no BSA section, people will stop thinking about suggesting them at all. Which would be no bad thing. VERY few would add anything to game play.

But I would be equally fine with just moving changes to existing BSAs back to suggestions. Suggestions IS generally meatier, and if no BSA from that subforum has ever been implemented - fine; let that section carry on being chatty things with a very few good ones that will never happen thrown in.

Pity about Heal, though.... smile.gif I REALLY thought whites would get that in the end !

Now, I could speculate on why this is

I wonder if it's possible that there are BSAs that would otherwise be cave-acceptable that don't get there because the artist has vetoed it.

I definitely would support either a separate subforum for changes to existing BSAs or, ideally, all the BSA topics being put into the main suggestions forum.

Edited by diaveborn