The_Impossible_Girl

Precognition Change

While I was using precognition, I noticed that an egg I had already used precognition on still allowed me to use precognition on it. In light of this I thought it would be a good idea for an egg that has already had precognition used on it to display the gender on the BSA page of another Aeon and would be unavailable for precognition. Kind of like how if an egg has already been incubated it displays text next to the egg telling you this. I figured the egg's precognition status could be reset if the egg was influenced afterwards. This would be useful for people who have more then one type of egg on their scroll at a time, that way they don't accidentally use precognition multiple times on the same egg.

Edited by w5aw5

~Off-topic removed; please take it to forum feedback~

Second.. I don't think you should be able to precog an egg more than once UNLESS it's been Influenced after the Precog. In other words, if you precog an egg and it's going to be male.. but you wanted a female.. at that point you Influence the egg, then precog it again. Since Influence can fail this is necessary.

I think a small note like.. (already precogged).. on the page where you pick which egg to precog should be added. Then if it's Influenced after, the note should disappear.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Off-topic removed; please take it to forum feedback~

Second.. I don't think you should be able to precog an egg more than once UNLESS it's been Influenced after the Precog. In other words, if you precog an egg and it's going to be male.. but you wanted a female.. at that point you Influence the egg, then precog it again. Since Influence can fail this is necessary.

I think a small note like.. (already precogged).. on the page where you pick which egg to precog should be added. Then if it's Influenced after, the note should disappear.

I agree with Cinn; "already known" is what you get on hatchies, I think. I suppose why that isn't right for eggs is that they can be changed and hatchies can't. Maybe - as only precogs done on your own scroll show, AFAIK - if YOU already did it, the egg could simply not appear on the list unless you influenced a change.

But it's true that it's shown in the action log. Does that change if you influence ? or do you have it sitting there saying "precogged as male" followed by "influenced to be female ? blink.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

But it's true that it's shown in the action log. Does that change if you influence ? or do you have it sitting there saying "precogged as male" followed by "influenced to be female ? blink.gif

It doesn't change the original precog Action Log message if you influence. It does change future precogs IF Influence worked.

I am more than okay with the gender being on action log, I don't see the need to add it elsewhere. If it really must be done, I'd like it to be on view page. I definitely wouldn't like to see genders mentioned next to eggs or ungendered hatchies on scroll pages anywhere unless it is optional to do. As for barring precog to be used again on same egg, that is contradictory to precog's functionality because precog can be required to be used again in case of influenced eggs.

I am more than okay with the gender being on action log, I don't see the need to add it elsewhere. If it really must be done, I'd like it to be on view page. I definitely wouldn't like to see genders mentioned next to eggs or ungendered hatchies on scroll pages anywhere unless it is optional to do. As for barring precog to be used again on same egg, that is contradictory to precog's functionality because precog can be required to be used again in case of influenced eggs.

The gender wouldn't be displayed on the scroll page, just the Aeon's BSA page where you select the egg you want to precognition.

Don't see a need for this change, TBH. The Action Log is enough for me, and since people may want to re-precog, I don't see any need for TJ to do extra coding to make the system more complex.

I would appreciate to be able to see the gender of an egg or an ungendered hatchling already now to any Aeon Wyvern (and influnce on the egg was not used) on the page that let select me an egg or hatchling when i use another Aeon Wyvern's BSA.

Let us say i use precognition on my CB Halloweens (so i have the same egg seven times) that's a very important thing and i personally care for the Biomes of the eggs because of the breeding mechanics for Xenowyrms and Coppers and future breeds. wink.gif So a little help to not mess up the precognition prior influencing and then the pregonition after influencing to be sure is more then appreciated.

If not i have to write down the information that i found in the action log and pray that i do not mess up with my attention deficit disorder and also people without that made serious mistakes because of a lack of concentration.