Jazeki

Halloween Speculation Thread

We haven't had a speculation thread in a while, soooo here we go.

What do you think will be this year's event theme? What kind of sprites do you think we will have for the trick-or-treat? What Halloween-y dragon are you looking forward to? Do you have plans for your past Halloween dragons?

As always, I hope for werewolf or kitty dragons.

Maybe we get a Halloween Drake this year?

I'm not actively hoping for it, but I wouldn't be sad either, because there are some Drakes I'd like to breed more often and a Halloween breed would have the potential to make that more interesting. smile.gif

I'm still hoping for the Cobweb aka Spider Dragon that was on the Completed List.

I don't normally like spiders or any other creepy crawly type thing, but the art on the Cobweb Dragon is AWESOME.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I'm excited to breed the penultimate step of my Marrow x Autumn lineage, and I'm hoping for something with purple and/or yellow on it, and not a standard Western. Maybe a Halloween wyvern or Eastern?

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Four Horsemen themed? ohmy.gif

Oooh, I like that idea! It might be a little tricky picking up 4 different types of dragons, though, unless the dropping times are extended.

I wouldn't mind a new wyrm either, though. smile.gif(maybe something based on the Mongolian death worm?)

Edited by lovecats99

A shadow dragon would be cool surprised that there isn't one incave yet or on the completed list

A shadow dragon would be cool surprised that there isn't one incave yet or on the completed list

Well, Shadow Walkers...

I'd love to see a dragon inspired by H.P. Lovecraft. Desipis dragons have a lovecraftian vibe to them, but you know, the more the better smile.gif Either way, I am so excited. Halloween dragons are always so unique.

I kind of want a spider dragon too! I know a lot of people don't like spiders, but we've had plenty of creepy outcomes so far, and one that's somehow reminiscent of a spider (even if it's just based off of Black Widows or Brown Recluses or some other kind of especially creepy spider--and if you don't think Brown Recluses are creepy you've clearly never shared your house with one) would be an awesome addition to the cave!

Well, Shadow Walkers...

I'd love to see a dragon inspired by H.P. Lovecraft. Desipis dragons have a lovecraftian vibe to them, but you know, the more the better smile.gif Either way, I am so excited. Halloween dragons are always so unique.

SWs are more "ghost" than "shadow", though, despite what their name suggests.

Give me a Cthulhu dragon and I will be a very happy collector. (granted, I love halloween anyway, so I'm looking forward to seeing what we get, regardless of what it is. tongue.gif)

A mutant, diseased-looking dragon is on my wishlist for Halloween, something that looks like it crawled from a swampy lagoon. A dragon representation of pestilence would be neat, or maybe a parasitic species with spindly insect legs. Fierce and scary are all good and fine, but I really want to feel the creepy vibes this year.

I have a serious phobia of real spiders, but I would love a spider-ish dragon. I can come up with so many mental images of how that would look. I'm hoping, as always, for lots of cat-related trick-or-treat treats. Maybe some more skulls, too.

A two-headed "Cerberus" dragon would be cool, too. Somehow I'm convinced we'll get one sooner or later, just because two-headed dragons already exist.

(... No spiders for me please, thank you. tongue.gif )

As much as I'd love a spider-inspired dragon, I don't personally think we will because of the moth-based Caligene from last year. I'd kinda like to see something mythological based, perhaps a shapeshifter or were-dragon of some variety.

Or as some have already said, a two-headed (Jekyll and Hyde would be perfect) or a drake of some sort. Or maybe another pygmy.

I have big Pumpkin plans! I caught about 45 last year and I hope to do similarly well this year, fingers crossed. It took me almost a whole year but I finally got mates worked out for everyone a couple days ago. None of the eggs will be staying with me so hopefully they find happy homes.

Pretty much none of my other Halloweens will be bred unless I make some plans before then. Its just too much to keep track of! I might breed my other CBs to random stuff through.

As far as the new dragon goes, I'm still wishing we'll get a cute candy corn based dragon. That would be perfect for a pygmy! Probably too similar to Pumpkins to actually get made though. Either way I hope we get something more colorful. We've had a ton of darker Halloweens so I'm crossing my fingers we move away from the black/brown/gray + orange/yellow or anything similar. We're overdue for some nice purples! Maybe even a bit of neon green.

Edited by shortaxel

With all the FB Posts from America I've seen lately, maybe it's going to be some evil Clown... laugh.gif

Edit: just to put in my two Cents - please those who don't know what to breed their CB Halloweens with - what about some PB lineages? I specially collect those wink.gif

Edited by lilysally

With all the FB Posts from America I've seen lately, maybe it's going to be some evil Clown... laugh.gif

Edit: just to put in my two Cents - please those who don't know what to breed their CB Halloweens with - what about some PB lineages? I specially collect those wink.gif

/shudders at that idea/

Though it would be a nice chance to use some green or purple, not that I'm advocating a Joker dragon /laugh.

Four Horsemen themed? ohmy.gif

In a couple of years one breed for War, then one breed for Famine and so on.

But i want a badass Halloween Two-Headed!

Or our first special event Drake! wub.gif

Not again a standard breeding group dragon. Sooooooooo boooooooooring! dry.gif

As far as the new dragon goes, I'm still wishing we'll get a cute candy corn based dragon. That would be perfect for a pygmy! Probably too similar to Pumpkins to actually get made though. Either way I hope we get something more colorful. We've had a ton of darker Halloweens so I'm crossing my fingers we move away from the black/brown/gray + orange/yellow or anything similar. We're overdue for some nice purples! Maybe even a bit of neon green.

I've thought about something like this as well. Something that is a bit more like a charming or mischievous Trick-or-Treat kind of dragon. Sure, I prefer my Halloween holiday creepy rather than cute, but you gotta love 'em trickster type of characters. wink.gif

Like I said, I like my Halloween full or horror, but since "scary" is more or less one of the more common settings to the concept of dragons, at least to me it's kind of hard to come up with something that makes a dragon stand out as especially halloween-ish in comparison to our other more intimidating regular species, especially in looks. All the more kudos to our artists for managing that!

Whatever we get, I'm already looking forward to it, and I'm confident we'll have lots of fun again this year! happy.gif

There are getting to be too many past Halloween dragons for me to adequately build lineages with all of them, so I am concentrating on a few. I catch all the PB Pumpkins and Marrows that I can, because I have only one each male and female CB of my own of those. Shadow Walkers go with so many things, so I am trying to do several checkers with them. Everything else has to take leftover space after all of that. wink.gif

As far as this year's dragon, I don't really care too much. I trust our artists to come up with something great. biggrin.gif

Part of me kind of wants a NDEG Halloween release, really. But as far as themes, I think something less "western"-style spooky would be interesting.

Just.... please no spiders. D:

In a couple of years one breed for War, then one breed for Famine and so on.

But i want a badass Halloween Two-Headed!

Or our first special event Drake! wub.gif

Not again a standard breeding group dragon. Sooooooooo boooooooooring! dry.gif

Haha, I love this idea! Maybe Famine could be two-headed, eating everything it can so no one else gets a bite xd.png

Why a big cat? A more classic familiar all black cat-like dragon for a witch and this only could be a Pygmy!

Edited by Tigerkralle