Lemniscate

Dreams OOC

Anyway, I thought I might as well make an OOC for Dreams. So here it is.

If Dreams doesn't take off, I still have another RP planned in my head. wink.gif

Link to the IC thread.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Are there any character sheets? I might not have looked hard enough, but I can't find any.

E: oops sorry I see now.

Edited by serce2

Are there any character sheets? I might not have looked hard enough, but I can't find any.

You make your own up. She wants us to make it, and I swear Silver, I'll bold the edits I made tomorrow if I have time

Yeah thanks, I got your PM Raptor of Dragons.

And serce2 I remember you were in the old Dreams, do you want me to just copy your character over? I did that for Thaelasan.

Double edit: ignore the last part

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Alright, we should be almost good to go. Depending on what happens, I could post as soon as I get back from vacation.

Hey, since no one's posted, is it cool if I have a slot reserved? I'm planning out my sheet and, as always, I have a lot of history I have to abridge for the sake of brevity.

I notice someone is running two charas, so is that acceptable?

Yeah, that's fine. You can have as many characters as you can handle, the slot limit is just on people.

edit: wow there are a lot of anonymous people viewing this O.O

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Username: Sugar-Free

Character Name: Laloch (LAY-lock)

Race: Manakete (Dragon; Divine/Earth)

Appearance: Laloch stands at around the height of 5’2”. Her skin is pale with a bit of yellow cast to it. Her hair is a dark olive green, and is braided in two tight tails that hang in front of her shoulders, just down to the start of her breast. She has a small frame, and her eyes are maroon, with black scleras. Her draconic wings have a span of approx. 16ft, and have green-brown feathers adorning olive-green scales.

Dragon Form: This form is taken when Laloch uses her Dragonstone. It is twice her size (10'4") and considerably more powerful. It combines the Western dragon body shape of the Divine Dragon with the plated body and alligator-like head, and combines the wings for a muscular, yet still regal appearance. Her scales retain their olive coloration, and take on a bluish iridescence, common in the feathers of some Divines.

Her outfit is a tight-fitting, thick-cuffed tunic made of dark maroon velvet. There are two false-backs for each wing. The collar laces with a leather tie. Her pants are of similar, darker maroon leather, and are tucked into brown leather boots reaching up below her knee. She wears a cowl around her neck made of heavy black-brown fur.

History: Laloch is a descendant of two races of dragon: a Divine mother, and Earth father. Soon after her birth, she was cast from the Ingress, the bridge between Medris (the dwelling place of the Divine dragons) and Carrefel (land of the humans and sleeping Earth Dragons.)

Her birth was an infraction upon the unwritten edict—that no Divine body would sully with the Earth dragons, as it was them who helped the humans drive the Divine Dragons to Medris after being falsely accused of hoarding the continent’s life force. It had, indeed, been a foolish choice, because the balance between the two had been upset, and without the suppression of their nature by the Divines, the Earth Dragons eventually became feral, twisting their forms into Dark Dragons.

Laloch was left to die at the altar before the Ingress, where she was found by a kindly Wind Mage, named Mahmet, who took her in. She was surprised when the tiny dragonet grew into a humanoid child later into the night, and she decided, regardless of her dual nature, she would raise her as her own.

Mahmet had dwelled in the valley of Laloch’s ancestors, and had not only taken on her own name from their history plaques, but had decided to impart the name of one of their hero-Dragons onto her: meaning “the sun through a summer oak leaf”. Together they lived, nestled in a vine-stridden vale in a cold brick home. That was, until, the Inquisition occurred.

Stories were being strewn around Tiergris, the cosmopolitan capitol of the country of Anapelle, of a dark dragon who was born of the hatred of the departed dragons. Bards sung of a hero, wielding an ethereal halberd, who would ride bravely into the tangled and poisonous forest of the beast, and slay it, bringing eternal peace to the continent.

Before long, when Laloch turned 23, the tavern-lackeys and barkeeps would whisper of a boy with dark blue hair, raised in the mud of sties and fed upon the milk of goats, who would take up the mantle of “Hero” and finally find the halberd “Cuchulain”, buried deep within ancient texts and folklore, seen only in tapestries of the glory of the Old. Mahmet knew that they would search for her daughter.

Laloch took it upon herself to protect Mahmet, working through traps day and night, scouting under the cover of darkness to make maps, find how to exploit their weaknesses. She had told the mage to go, to hide, that she was more than capable of handling herself against a no-nothing, corn-fed ingrate. She had her dragonstone, capable of turning her into her hybrid form, and her leathery wings that never failed her. But she did not listen. She would not leave this little girl she’d been gifted with so long ago.

They eventually came: a tall man, wielding not a halberd at this point, but a silver sword, mounted on a dust-colored steed, clad in a makeshift set of armor. Though he did not look the part, the bravery and assuredness in his heart made him a lord, and his band of fighters, myrmidons, mages, archers, all men and women of all talents from many stretches of life, followed him without pause. But they were all misguided. On that day, Mahmet had instructed her to go into nearby Usser to pick up groceries. She would be too late coming back.

They tore through her nets, leapt over her pits, dodged her acid darts and slaughtered an entire flock of wyverns. They were unassuming, but they were hardened, as if they had fought a thousand battles together. They came, and Mahmet struck out, summoning her most powerful wind magic.

She was felled by two arrows from a sniper. His poison arrows met her heart together, and the poison ended her moments later.

On that day, as her home lay in ruins and her adopted-mother slain, she swore to find them—not just the misguided human knight who thought he’d done some good, but the mother and father that had cursed her world with her existence.

Desire: To find closure--to find answers.

Other: Laloch’s Dragonstone has 50 uses before she must generate a new one at the Ingress Altar. She uses it to turn into her Dragon Form. Once Used, it can be used to do one major action; sustain for (one) Use Point per post; if sustain is broken, she reverts to Human Form; and has no cooldown. [she will not use her stone without reason, as she does not know when she is next able to generate a stone.]

Edited by Sugar-Free

Expect post tomorrow. Dying from lack of sleep right now agh lol.

Name: Mygon Agh'Nahgal

Appearance: About 1.7 metres tall, muscle size slightly under average. Short blond hair and eyes as blue as the ocean. A bit ripped clothes made of brown rags, but leather shoes. Carrying a bow that he got from his parents at his thirteenth, he looks like a skilled hunter.

History: He was 3 years old when he befriended a wolf. Not wanting to frighten his parents, he kept it a secret. Mygon sneaked into the forest once a week and started to call the wolf Agh'Nahgal, he hadn't really learned any language yet and this was the word he decided meant something in between "father", "brother' and "friend". Later this name became only the wolf's name, the wolf was Agh'Nahgal, nobody else could be described like that. Not after so much time.

At his 6th year he made himself a dagger from some wood branches and a sharp rock, so he could fend off threats himself, rather than relying on the wolf whenever he's in the forest. For the shape of the rock he looked at the wolf's teeth and claws, as he noticed those were efficient weapons.

When he was 13 his parents found out he was going to the forest once a week to see a wolf again. They knew it was too late to keep him away from there, but they didn't think a dagger along with help from a wolf would be enough, so they gave him a bow to protect himself and taught him how to use it.

At his 15th birthday he went to the forest again. He got chased by a dragon. This adolescent wyvern had already devoured his dear wolf before noticing Mygon. To commemorate the wolf he decided to bear it's name along with his own name. While running from the dragon he lost his dagger and eventually got trapped in the web of a giant spider, a web that contained neurotoxins that made him faint. Just before he blacked out he was sure he was gonna die, either being eaten by the dragon or the spider. He just wanted that... he could've saved Agh'Nahgal.

Personality: He is a brave hunter that will never leave an innocent person up to his fate, he will always help endangered others, or if they're enemies he'll kill them quickly to spare them from the suffer. Because he's been isolating himself so much it's hard for him to trust someone, and even harder to start caring about someone. He is able to use magic to create burning, freezing, grappling, electrocuting, flashing and exploding arrows.

Skills: He does pretty well at sharpshooting, but in the forest he also learned the know-how for selecting non-poisonous foods.

Desire: He desperately wants Agh'Nahgal to live again.

Other: Due to lack of melee weapons he is bad at close-combat fighting, he lost his dagger while running from an adolescent dragon trying to eat him. He can use his arrows melee, but this isn't very effective. Mygon has a fierce hatred against dragons, as his first, and yet only, encounter with one lost him his only friend, the only one he trusted.

Edited by Felixr2

Accepted, I'm gonna let him have powered arrows as it does indeed seem he will be underpowered otherwise.

Updated it to have the powered arrows in his skills section, where it, y'know, most fits...

Also, yay Owl City ^^. I didn't know this song yet... it's wonderful. xd.png

Owl City is so underappreciated ;_;

You can start posting whenever you want, there seems to be an odd lack of posts in the IC...

I posted! Hope this gets the train rolling. smile.gif

And although it is true that Owl City is underappreciated, I wouldn't state it like that. Adam Young is underapreciated, his other projects (Sky Sailing, Port Blue, etc.) are even more underappreciated than Owl City, with which he at least had one ENORMOUS hit. Fireflies.

Edited by Felixr2

Yeah, hopefully. If no one posts I might open it up again to get more active people. Btw, I won't be posting for a bit till everyone (or at least most of them) enter the door.

That's true... Personally, I like all of Adam Young's songs/music. Fireflies is my favorite though, mostly cause I heard it when I was younger and it's basically like nostalgia for me.

Edit: Erp, I forgot to mention that the rest of the doors are unopenable. They lead to the individual challenges.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Or whatever the saying is.

Username: Ruins

Name: Damien Hurnst

Species: Human... ish.

Appearance: Damien is 5 foot 7 inches, unhealthily skinny with some muscle; his face is thin and pinched, and there's bags under his eyes. He has shaggy, knotted red hair that desperately needs a cut, light brown skin, and emerald green eyes that dance with an almost feverish light. He is wearing a crudely-made brown shirt, rope belt, and dark grey trousers - both made of some rough, scratchy material. His feet are clad in leather shoes that leak, held together with strips of cloth. Damien keeps the weather off himself a sort of mantle seemed to have made from old sacks held together with twine. His right hand is wrapped in filthy, frayed bandages. He always carries an old, rusty scythe, the blade which he's sharpened at both sides.

Hidden under Damien's sleeve and bandages is his infected right arm. The skin on his arm, hand, and much of his chest has turned brown and gnarled, almost like wood; dark veins spread from the infected areas, fanning across his torso and up the side of his face to the corner of his right eye. The infection is obviously very painful, the skin bordering it red and raw. Inside him, it has spread to his lungs and constricts his ribcage. Damien loses his breath easily and often has coughing fits that can lead to him coughing blood.

Personality: Damien is twitchy, paranoid, and doesn't trust easily. He thinks that everyone secretly wants to hurt or use him in some way. His emotions are volatile, easily running from sadness to rage and back to sadness again; happiness and hope are rare emotions for him. Damien is very determined and tenacious nonetheless, never giving up on something once he's started it.

But he has a soft spot for people as scared and down on their luck as he is, showing his kind and gentle side to them. Damien will do anything for anyone who manages to win his trust and makes for a very loyal - if unpredictable - friend.

History: Damien was once a friendly, happy-go-lucky young man living on a farm with his parents and three siblings. He was relaxed and cheerful in personality, always ready to lead a helping hand, and had lots of friends. Although it's hard to believe to look at him now, Damien once had a bright future ahead of him. He was a good student who did well in his local school, especially in the study of magic; he excelled in herbomancy, the magical control of plants and plant-life. It was Damien's dream to become a full-trained herbomancer when he grew up and use his magic to help his parents on their farm. But that dream was never to be.

When Damien was out in the woods one day collecting plants to study, he was attacked by a creature or monster whose lair he had disturbed - what it was, nobody ever quite worked out - which bit him on the upper arm and injected some sort of venom into his flesh. This venom seemed to react with Damien's natural magical energies, turning the flesh around the bite wound into something like wood.

And the more Damien used his magic, the quicker it spread.

Damien's parents were driven to despair by their son's predicament, helpless to cure or even slow the rate of the infection. They tried in vain to soothe his pain and fear as it spread, spending themselves into debt on medicines and potions that did nothing to help their boy.

And, whether it was the fear and pain of it taking their toll or some side-effect of the venom, as the infection spread Damien seemed to lose his sanity. He became emotionally volatile, weeping one minute and lashing viciously out the next. He hid from people whenever he could, only emerging from his room to steal food from the kitchen; they could hear him weeping and muttering to himself all day and night.

Then one day they woke up to find his room silent and empty. Damien had taken a bag and everything he could fit in it, leaving a note that said: Gone to find a cure. Back when I'm better. If not ever back, then dead. I'm sorry. Goodbye.

That was two years ago and Damien has been looking ceaselessly ever since.

Skills: Control of plants: Damien can make plants grow and control their movements; make seeds sprout into full plants in a matter of seconds; and control wood, even dead wood. He always has packets of plant seeds in his pockets.

Woodcraft: Can easily tell edible from inedible plants.

Cooking: Is very good at cooking, when he manages/bothers to clean himself up.

Weaknesses: Not much stamina; physically weak; sometimes 'zones out' due to pain; panics easily; doesn't trust others.

Desire: A cure for his otherwise incurable infection and to be normal again.