angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Make Almandines /slightly/ more common

/Controversy incoming! \o/

People have been reporting seeing more CB Golds than CB Almandines for months and months now, statements which seem to be supported by trading thread posts. Can the Powers That Be check into this and, if true, make Almandines slightly more common? There's a huge difference between rare and "omg why am I seeing more golds than these things" rare. Even making them have the same drop rate as silvers, while still eyebrow-raisingly odd, would be better than their apparent current status.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It is kind of weird how rare they are. When I came back it seemed orange = silver in trades and pink = gold. I feel like that's fair enough. But now it's more orange AND pink are both more than gold.

I support gold being the rarest dragon in cave, but since I don't know the actual ratios I can't say if I support this or not. Almandines might be more rare because they drop in one biome rather than all of them. Then...I don't know.

But I will say I've seen about 4 cb golds, and heard about quite a few I missed in the congratz/bad luck threads. I've seen many silvers. I have never seen ONE orange or pink pyral in cave.

It's almost to the point where they're as rare as these new releases, lol.

-pulls out popcorn-

In all seriousness, if I had to guess, all three colors of Pyralspite probably count as one thing under the ratios and the fewest are generated in the alpine. I'm actually enjoying having them driven to rarity by user demand and which biomes move fastest, but I will concede it is slightly silly at this point.

I have to agree with the rest of you. I have only 1 CB gold and 1 CB silver, which I managed to each get myself, and I've seen CB golds a few more times since then and missed out. But I missed the almandines in their release, and since then I've only gotten 1 spessartine egg, and have never even seen an almandine in the cave - and they were released over a year ago now.

I think making them both the same rarity as CB silvers would be a good idea; at least then if we can't catch our own, it would open up the possibility of trading a lot more. At this point it seems almost impossible to even trade for a CB of these breeds.

Did oranges go rare again? Before the holidays there was a small flood of them. I thought it was finally getting to be like the reds and was hoping the pinks would follow soon. If so, I'm glad I caught/traded for oranges while I could.

/support

This sounds a bit too much like: "make the rares less rare so everybody and their mom can get them." No Support.

This sounds a bit too much like: "make the rares less rare so everybody and their mom can get them." No Support.

Second

I hardly think making them "slightly less rare" and "having about the drop rate of silvers" means everyone and their mom would have them. There are a fair number of long time players who don't have CB golds and silvers. Not sure about their moms.

I have always figured that pyropes were all one species with common and less common variants. Virtually non existent is not the same thing, and while i don't personally need any more almandines, I would support a somewhat more common occurrence

I haven't been here for very long, but I think that it would be completely reasonable to increase the frequency these eggs if they really are so rare at this time. The point of the game is to make dragon collection actually attainable. I'll also mention that I've seen a few CB golds and silvers during my time here (joined in December) and never an almandine!

My issue is less that I want almandines to be more common, it's that I want them MORE common than golds. Golds should be the rarest egg in cave.

My issue is less that I want almandines to be more common, it's that I want them MORE common than golds. Golds should be the rarest egg in cave.

Why?

Edit:

As in: why should Golds be the rarest egg in cave? They aren't in DC.

Edited by SullenCat

Why?

Edit:

As in: why should Golds be the rarest egg in cave? They aren't in DC.

Because golds are just the best dragons. They've always been the rarest right from the very beginning. I mean gold is rare and valuable. The dragons have wonderful sprites. They're only one species not a species with variations.

It just seems pretty simple to me that the gold dragon, one of the oldest and staple dragons of DC that was always the most rare should stay the most rare. Does a almandine really look better than a gold? Does it's name have the same ring to it? People automatically understand gold = rare not whatever an almandine is.

Because golds are just the best dragons. They've always been the rarest right from the very beginning. I mean gold is rare and valuable. The dragons have wonderful sprites. They're only one species not a species with variations.

It just seems pretty simple to me that the gold dragon, one of the oldest and staple dragons of DC that was always the most rare should stay the most rare. Does a almandine really look better than a gold? Does it's name have the same ring to it? People automatically understand gold = rare not whatever an almandine is.

That isn't how DC rarity work, though, so your argument is based on a fallacy.

That isn't how DC rarity work, though, so your argument is based on a fallacy.

Dc rarity seems to be ratios that TJ sets right? And slight differences depending on whether they drop in one biome or all and their popularity. It also seems like it 'fluxes' occasionally. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that basic understanding of rarity, I just think golds should be the rarest in terms of ratio.

Sorry but your opinion is highly subjective, Golds can be the best dragons for you but many would disagree. For example, since you referenced DC and not the biomes: CB Shimmers and CB Tinsels and CB of hybrids are rarer. CB Hollies are rarer, 2G Hollies are rarer.

IRL, a Garnet, depending on purity and type (see Rhodolite), can be more valuable than Gold.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, just that your opinion is subjective. Mine too.

Sorry but your opinion is highly subjective, Golds can be the best dragons for you but many would disagree. For example, since you referenced DC and not the biomes: CB Shimmers and CB Tinsels and CB of hybrids are rarer. CB Hollies are rarer, 2G Hollies are rarer.

IRL, a Garnet, depending on purity and type (see Rhodolite), can be more valuable than Gold.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, just that your opinion is subjective. Mine too.

By 'in cave' I meant permanently dropping. You can only get prizes, hollies, neglecteds and such through alternative methods.

Yes my opinion is just an opinion, but honestly who looking at the pink pyropes which are a recolour of a sprite and have many varieties and a complex name would pick that to be the rarest dragon over a beautiful gold sprite with dimophism and is something everyone can easily understand.

By 'in cave' I meant permanently dropping. You can only get prizes, hollies, neglecteds and such through alternative methods.

Yes my opinion is just an opinion, but honestly who looking at the pink pyropes which are a recolour of a sprite and have many varieties and a complex name would pick that to be the rarest dragon over a beautiful gold sprite with dimophism and is something everyone can easily understand.

We are back to the subjective part. While I love the Gold sprites, I prefer the Almandines. Allow me to smile.gif

Ratios mean that as more of some breeds are created, fewer are needed; the breed essentially reaches carrying capacity. Although he sets a general rarity, demand causes things to become rarer. As a result, some things temporarily become rarer than they would normally be. For the first few years I was on the site, caveborn Blacks were amongst the rarest dragons. Hell, I still click on them from time to time, sheerly out of habit.

Since this appears to be more of a bug report than suggestion (at least until TJ checks in), I am going to go ahead and move this to Help for now.

Personally I want golds to be the rarest because, well... there are people who have been playing for years and still not caught a single one. Do we REALLY want to add something even rarer than that? That's almost as cruel as shiny pokemon chances, except even worse, you have to fight other people for them >__<

Aside from that, the rarity still feels an awful lot like a weird side effect of biome distribution than anything. Was anyone really anticipating almandines to come out of left field as the new ultra mega rare? Rare like trios or blusangs, sure, but their current level of rarity feels so impossible that it's hard to believe it was intended. And if it WAS intended, I point to my statement above. There are already several extremely rare breeds in the game that some people haven't been able to get despite years of trying. Adding something even rarer purposefully would push things in a bad direction, I think, especially when suggestions like the shop have been gaining popularity as a way to make things more accessible to the many players who have invested long years of playing, but don't necessarily have the fast internet or reflexes needed to compete with others for highly limited eggs.

I'm going to make the unpopular argument that the ratios are just fine.

Anyone remember a couple of years ago, when CB Blacks and Stripes were ultrarare and traded nearly on metallic levels? Now I go to the Forest and there are two Stripes sitting in a single drop and nobody even glances at them.

Anyone remember how Whiptails and Spitfires and Balloons were all blockers? Now people complain, on a fairly regular basis, about being unable to find Balloons. For myself, I barely see Whiptails. Spitfires are still fairly common but nowhere near the "three Spitfires blocking the cave agaaaaaain" status they used to have.

I think if we just give it time, the ratios will shift - as they always do - and Almandines will become more common. Perhaps they'll be the next Black or Stripe, ultrarare today, common and easily passed by tomorrow.

I'm going to make the unpopular argument that the ratios are just fine.

Anyone remember a couple of years ago, when CB Blacks and Stripes were ultrarare and traded nearly on metallic levels? Now I go to the Forest and there are two Stripes sitting in a single drop and nobody even glances at them.

Anyone remember how Whiptails and Spitfires and Balloons were all blockers? Now people complain, on a fairly regular basis, about being unable to find Balloons. For myself, I barely see Whiptails. Spitfires are still fairly common but nowhere near the "three Spitfires blocking the cave agaaaaaain" status they used to have.

I think if we just give it time, the ratios will shift - as they always do - and Almandines will become more common. Perhaps they'll be the next Black or Stripe, ultrarare today, common and easily passed by tomorrow.

I agree.

Personally I want golds to be the rarest because, well... there are people who have been playing for years and still not caught a single one. Do we REALLY want to add something even rarer than that?

Why not? Why to limit the game to very few rares while the number of commons keeps increasing and increasing at every release. If there are 20 real rares dropping instead of 2, that would increase the chances of people getting them and trading for what they did not get so far. To decrease the rarity of Almandines is not the answer. To increase, significantly, the number of rare sprites, can be.

I see it as more of a ratio sorta thing. yes they are popular and in demand. But on the ratio aspect it fluctuates a lot depending on breeding and overbreeding cuts the ratio of said dragon down. like for a while the only way to get a silver is through breeding and even that it was slim to none possibility. like a poster said a little bit ago it wasn't to long ago that black and stripes where harder to find then golds.. iv been on the cave for about 6 years and still don't have a cb gold. Iv also noticed that if u miss a drop on the day for new eggs its nearly impossible to get ur hand on any of the new eggies for at least a few days to a week or soo depending on the rarity of the breed that the spriter sets.

Edited by Count_23