Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to the planning and organizational thread for the massbreeding of holidaykin! I said I would post this after the holidays were through, so here I am. o3o

What

Mass breeding Valentine's, Halloween, and Christmas kin dragons to the AP! This should focus mostly on 2nd gens and checkers of all gens. However, stairs, spirals, other even gens are also welcome. Due to the purpose of this, I do ask that people please don't breed their messy holidays at this time, as they don't really fit into what I saw for this event.

If people would like to ask to do swaps (to be organized via PM once you find a swap partner) in this thread, particularly for longer checkers, I'm not going to say no to that. However, if you do that, please breed some other holidaykins to the AP. And do the actual trading via PM or the trading section rather than in this thread. There is a designated Holiday Fail trading topic already. No teleport links should be posted here!

Why

The purpose of this is to help people find unrelated dragons for lineages missing a partner as well as to introduce and share our lineage ideas with others, perhaps inspiring other people to create a similar lineage. It can also be to test out how pairs look.

As well, massbreeding events can help lower the time of eggs in the AP, making them closer to incuhatchable.

When

Lovely BONUS: Saturday, Jan 14th

We will be breeding Valentine dragon-kin only on January 14th. If you cannot join us the 14th, please feel free to join us on Jan 13th or 15th.

Since this is an event to help specifically for Valentine's, please feel free to submit pairing/lineage requests. I will keep a list of these in the first post.

Requests

Fly-by-Night - 4th gen Skywing x Rosebud unrelated to her

miaou - 2g royal crimson from radiant angel

Nikki_Of_The_Night - 4th gen Ice x Rosebud checker unrelated to her

Ruby Eyes - a 3rd gen Gold from checker with Heartseeker unrelated to these

Terces - 3rd gen Magi x Sweetling with Alt base (mate for him) and 3rd gen Ice x Sweetling with Alt base (mate for him) and 3rd gen Flamingo x Radiant Angel (mate for him and unrelated to her)

Viridis - 2G Gemshards from Radiant A. x Red Gemshard from parents with shortish, "CB" and number free names

Trading

If you would like to trade for specific lineages, the Holiday Fail Lineage Center is a good place to advertise: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=171181

First Go Round

We will be breeding on Easter: Sunday, March 27th.

If you cannot join us on Easter, please feel welcome to breed your eggs Saturday the 26th or Monday the 28th. The main event will be on Easter, however.

We are breeding on Easter in the hopes that doing so will also help keep you engaged and catching Festival of Egg eggs on DC. =)

Second Shot

We will be breeding: July 4th

July 4th is the main event. If you cannot make the 4th, please feel free to join us on the 3rd or 5th.

Third Time's a Charm

We will be breeding: Saturday, Sept 3rd

September 3rd is the main event. If you cannot make the 3rd, please feel free to join us on the 2nd, 4th, and/or 5th.

Spooky BONUS: Saturday, Oct 1st

We will be breeding Halloween dragon-kin only on October 1st. If you cannot join us the 1st, please feel free to join us on Sept 30th or October 2nd.

Since this is an event to help specifically for Halloween, please feel free to submit pairing/lineage requests. I will keep a list of these in the first post.

More Bonuses

Festive BONUS: Saturday, Dec 3rd

We will be breeding Christmas dragon-kin only on December 3rd. If you cannot join us the 3rd, please feel free to join us on Dec 2nd or 4th.

Since this is an event to help specifically for Christmas, please feel free to submit pairing/lineage requests. I will keep a list of these in the first post.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Even more of a reason for me to work on getting missing mates. :v Between all of my event dragons I have ~145 that can breed normally once I get them, and I'd gladly throw most to the AP~

I'm good with Easter. (Or any other date, really.) I just hope I'll remember.

This sounds like fun all around. Now to actually remember it when the time comes around smile.gif

I have CBs of every holiday dragon except the Holly, so I will be glad to breed some nice 2nd gens as well as checkers. The AP should be fun to hunt when the eggs all show up. smile.gif

This sounds fun. I have a few good Holiday 2G and checker lines I can drop to the AP. happy.gif

Count me in!

I just realized that I will only have 2 CB Winter Holidays and 2 CB Valentine Holidays when this event starts. Despite this, I will throw out some lines that I really like.

Edited by PootisLooti

I'm in smile.gif I'll just breed my CB ones and my checkers.

Sounds fun, I have CB Sweetlings, Mutamores, Snow Angels, Aegis, Pumpkins, Black Marrow, and one Caligene and can produce some nice checker and stairstep lineages. I'm also looking for some mates so willing to do swaps.

Edited by Andygal

I'll observe, I unfortunately don't have many mates for my holidays, but maybe this is a good way for me to look for what I'm in need of. the only one I do have is a holiday itself xd.png

I'll try to remember to throw some eggs from my alt shadow walker checkers into the mix, plus whatever else I happen to add. I have CB of everything except hollies. I'm not going to promise because that day is probably going to be busy but I'll try.

I'll try to remember to throw some eggs from my alt shadow walker checkers into the mix, plus whatever else I happen to add. I have CB of everything except hollies. I'm not going to promise because that day is probably going to be busy but I'll try.

Would the day after be better? As I said, I'm open to changing it. I know other people have bigger Easter plans than I do, lol. Or you could breed the day before. Close enough. =p

~

Don't worry too much about remembering. I'll likely send out PMs the day before or the day of to anyone who posted in the thread as interested. xP

Well, Saturday is going to be busy that week too, so changing to the day before isn't likely to be much help. If you send out a head's up around the time that probably will be the best help. If I can't get it done sooner I'll try to breed on the Monday after. Monday should be less busy during the day.

Count me in... and send me a PM a day or two ahead of time.

Easter is fine by me.. but the day before and/or the day after works too. Maybe call it a weekend event so folk can breed on any of the 3 days.

I'll wish for cb holidays x cb silver and/or GoNs. biggrin.gif

I have a ton of checkers I can breed along with some CB babies! Count me in! Finally a reason to finally breed all my checkers xd.png

I really do not mind doing it before, after, or during Easter. I would not mind making it the whole weekend either.

I'd be happy to join this! I have lots of Holidaykin to contribute. xd.png

If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM as a reminder that would be awesome.

Well, Saturday is going to be busy that week too, so changing to the day before isn't likely to be much help. If you send out a head's up around the time that probably will be the best help. If I can't get it done sooner I'll try to breed on the Monday after. Monday should be less busy during the day.

I did offer to change it to Monday. =o

Just trying to keep it on a day we can collect FoE treats, which is why I'd actually prefer changing it to Monday over Saturday.

Easter is fine by me.. but the day before and/or the day after works too. Maybe call it a weekend event so folk can breed on any of the 3 days.

Maybe a ranged event. I like the idea of one day, so it's more of a concentrated, mass breed, but maybe I'll just say whatever the FoE days are, if we get two or three days to collect. o3o

If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM as a reminder that would be awesome.

Yeah, I'll be PM'ing everyone, regardless of whether or not they asked. It's just easier on me. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm so in! I have a lot of CBs (everything since snow angels, actually) and happen to enjoy breeding holiday checkers.

Do you want to restrict the generation of the (perfectly checkered) eggs somehow? I can breed some lines up to 6th gen, which might not be everybody's cup of tea.

I knew you offered Monday, Sock. I just didn't want to make everyone else move to the after-the-holiday date just for my convenience.

I'm not sure but aren't FoE normally only on Easter Day?

Count me in. Holiday lines are my favorites and I have dozens of checkers. And some other stuff too, but mostly checkers. Mass breeds usually aren't my thing but I can definitely get behind this one!