Clya

Cancer Awareness Day Breeding Event

*very slowly and nervously sneaks up* Hi there! So I had this idea, and I hope that this is a right place to put this, so....

February 4th is Worldwide Cancer Awareness Day and I've come up with an idea to help make this day more known and help raise even MORE awareness, plus I think it's a pretty neat idea.

So I'm putting this out there earlier to give people time to prepare and see if this gets any interest. :3

How to Participate:

1. Light a candle (Magelight Pygmy) for everyone loved one, hero, family member, friend, actor, author, heck even a pet that you've lost, is fighting cancer or is a cancer survivor on February 4th.... (Or before if you want to collect some earlier) Basically name a Magelight to honor everyone who is fighting or you've lost, if anyone needed clarification on that. If you need a Magelight(or two), there are several threads where you can ask for bred ones, and I'm sure there are some where you can find some Cave Born ones. OR PM Me or other users who have offered to help and we can get you some!

2. Mass-breed all your Purple, Dorsals(Purple), Horses and Ridgewing Dragons to fill the AP with purple colored dragons! As Lavender is the color for all cancer/cancer-awareness. (Breed them on the 4th)

3. Mass-Breed any Magelights to the AP (much like lighting a candle or a luminary like many different cancer-awareness events might do)(Breed them on the 4th)

Of course, there are all sorts of other things you can do, feel free to post them here. Personally, I plan on renaming my Magelights to help raise the awareness, even if it is for those few days. Just putting that out there in case you might want to do this yourself.

So Why is This Important?

First of all, it is extremely important (the subject of cancer) to many people here, myself included. And not many people know that this day is when it is (or that there is one), and I feel that it is important enough to attempt to make an impact.

For other more DC related reasons, it will allow users to get more Fertility BSA dragons (all so important to lineages!)

And hopefully with the commons picked it may even lower the AP time right before Valentines, making it easier to hatch the eggs with Incubate before the V-Day AP Wall comes.

Plus lineages! There would probably be some pretty lineages out there.

So I guess... let's get started!

If there are any ideas or anything I missed just post here!

Edited by Clya

As someone who suffers from Breast Cancer, I am in 100% support of this. Thank you Clya for starting a thread like this one ^^

Thyroid cancer here. Count me in.

I've lost several good friends, and now my hero to cancer.

Lost my husband to esophageal cancer two years ago. I might have to catch some Magelights before then, but sure, I'll join.

I would do this if I had enough dragons to breed (unfortunately I only have 1 of each), I am in support as I lost my dog to cancer just last week.

Edit: Got my 1st Little Candle! (I think that should be a new breed-Little Candles! Protectors of the dead and affected!)

Also, Forgot about this at first-I lost 2 dogs to cancer. May they rest in peace with plenty of chickens to chase.

(Little Candles and Survivors...Hmm....I can work with this)

Edited by Dragoncat71

I think breeding them on the 4th is the best. We will never know when our eggs are hitting the AP.

Count me in. I will breed Magelights.

Edited by Tigerkralle

I've lost several family members to cancer as well as the boy I had a crush on when I was a wee sixth grader (13 years ago, what!), so count me in. smile.gif I need to collect a few more Magelights.

I support this. My grandmother had lung cancer and my grandfather had skin cancer. Both have passed away since. I'm only 14 and I myself had a cancer scare. Turned out to be benign ovarian tumors, but...I'm still scared it could turn into cancer later. sad.gif

I have a ton of Magelight CBs and Purple Ridgewing CBs I can breed. If someone doesn't have a Magelight and wants a PB one, I will happily breed you a pretty candle for this event.

I'm so glad so many of you are taking an interest in this! This is extremely important to me and as I can tell extremely important to you guys. To all, no matter if it's touched your life some way 10 years ago or now, keep being strong no matter what :3

I also tossed Horses up there because they've got purple eggs and there are very few dragons with purple eggs apparently. Was shooting for more a lighter purple but we work with what we work with.

That makes 5 Magelights I should collect ... Grandmother (mother's side), grandfather and uncle (father's side) died; my mother and her sister survived so far. Knock on wood?

I am myself a 16 year breast cancer survivor. I have many friends and family who either are cancer survivors or cancer victims. I'll make myself a note to breed all my magelight candles to the AP on that day. I think I can make up about 10 to 12 PB couples. I can fairly well mass breed purples and purple ridgewings as well.

People are mean. I grabbed a CB purple ridgewing for the event, and someone immediately put her in 4 different click sites and got her sick. I hope she recovers. sad.gif

Yeah I got a second Magelight. Gonna influence her female and name her after my nana. First one's getting renamed after my grandpa who also died of lung cancer years ago.

Should also get one for my aunt who's dealing with breast cancer right now.

Should also get one for my aunt who's dealing with breast cancer right now.

I hope she is doing well despite it!

I can't remember if I posted this in the op, but if anyone wants a reminder the day of/night before to breed anything you can use this and post here and I'll make sure to shoot you a quick pm. This will just help me keep track of everything so I don't forget anyone :3

[B]I Would Like a Reminder![/B]
[B]PM Link:[/B]
[B]Other Notes?[/B]

Edited by Clya

I Would Like a Reminder!

PM Link: Cinnamin Draconna

Other Notes?I'll be breeding Magelights, Purples and Horses

Mother: Esophageal, Bone and Breast Cancer

Father: Colon Cancer

God-daughter: Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Junior the cat: unidentified cancerous tumors

maternal Aunt: lung cancer

Uncle by marraige: lung cancer

paternal Uncle: lung cancer

Mother-in-law: lung cancer

Myself, I'm lucky, while I do have Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension and chronic Anemia, all of my tests say I'm cancer free.

My purple baby hatched! I named her after my grandmother who passed away of lung cancer, Faye. sad.gif

Belle also hatched! She's named after my aunt who passed away from this disease. I wish we could find a cure. So many great people lost.

Edited by Yunako

Fully support this. Just lost my 4th grade teacher last March due to colin cancer....she was a really awesome teacher. Will name her after a Magelight when I manage to get one. And will be willing to mass breed them as well.

@Yunako ---> Such a pretty lineage! To me it's always nice to have beautiful and hard worked lineages (even if they were worked on by someone else xd.png) named after someone whom I loved, and that lineage sure is beautiful!

And that is so true, I've promised that if I were to ever win a large sum of money so much of it would go towards Cancer Research and other such organizations that help survivors, fighters and their families.

@Pokes --- That's so sad sad.gif If you need help catching a magelight just pm me or I could point you in the direction of some threads to help get you one smile.gif

Edited by Clya

We've been lucky in not having anyone close to us affected by cancer *touch wood*, but I'm all for breeding dragons in recognition of those that have lost their lives to this disease.

I'm happy to breed all my purple (even the messy ones) on the 4th. I don't have many Magelight's, but I'll breed them too.

Afa xx