Twyro

Your Caligene breeding and naming plans

OK, guys, you know the drill! Lineage ideas, naming ideas? Share them here! smile.gif

The coloring is very similar to Desipis, so I'm not going to prioritize and plans with these as of yet. Though I think anything that looks good with a Desipis will look good with these. Marrows would probably be a good fit too.

I found that the Solstice dragons go well with these. The female Caligene sprite to me, looks similar to the Solstice sprites, but alas, Solstices are female too, so I won't be able to breed lineages of the two sprites.

Anyway, in case you'd like to compare sprites with other sprites to see how they go, here are the image links for the from the wiki.

user posted image - Male

user posted image - Female

Pairs I quite like:

user posted image x user posted image - I like the contrasting colours.

user posted image x user posted image

user posted image x user posted image - The feathers make this one.

Edited by lovecats99

I know I'm going to do at least one pure bred of them.

And I am thinking about doing a Lunar if I can. (Ya know, mostly because it could look pretty and the irony amuses me greatly.)

I seen someone mention breeding them with Spirit Wards.

Haven't decide on names yet lol

user posted image x user posted image . . . or . . . . user posted image x user posted image (want - since mine are tricolor)

(I save images of all dragons on a Paint file so I can glance over them quickly and rearrange to test pairings, and the Caligenes wound up next to the Christmas dragons. I wouldn't ever have thought of combining those otherwise!)

Obligatory xenofit:

user posted image x user posted image (Is there anything Gaias don't look great with?)

user posted image x user posted image (These three look way better when you lay them in a checker, but I'm feeling lazy.)

user posted image x user posted image dayum!

user posted image x user posted image x user posted image Amazing, something I like albinos with.

user posted image x user posted image x user posted image

user posted image x user posted image x user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image x user posted imageuser posted image x user posted image

Other ideas - Terraes (both), Black Tea (M - for pose matching), F Hellfires, Pyropes, Lunars....

Why no, I'm not suggesting these because I want to see a bunch of them in the AP. Especially the holidays. Of course not. ninja.gif

Edited by Gryphonic

It breaks my heart a little that I can never breed mine with a howler drake. They would look *so good* together.

That said, I can't wait to do holiday x holiday with them. Radiant angels for sure, maybe mistletoes, and I'd do snow angels as well if I had any CBs. Ditto for heartseekers but I'm biased there--I think they look good with everything. For commons, I want to try anagallis, colossus, pillows, tan ridgewings, tidals, royal blues, speckle-throats, and terraes. I suspect these will look great with a lot of different breeds. Good thing I don't life-mate my dragons, otherwise I wouldn't have enough Caligenes to try all these out!

user posted imageuser posted image

The gold on these guys doesn't stand out as much as I thought in the lineage box, but maybe?

My first thought was that Howler drakes would look pretty great with them, but alas!

breeding them with my CB silvers (just because I want to trade their 2nd gens) and probably a CB gold if I can get one

I might also make a deadline based AoD checker with them some day

Edited by blockEdragon

Ohh! I like them with GWs too! I think that's what I'll breed them with. :3

As for naming... For some reason, I named them all after nightmares. ("The Nightmare is Watching," "The Nightmare is Waiting," etc.) Even though I know what they actually are now, I probably won't change that xd.png

These guys are my favorite halloween dragons now, and I think they look so good with golden wyverns and gold dragons! I think they'd look pretty good with lunars as well

Depending on cool- or warm-toned preferences, I could see nice potential in:

Lunar Herald Gold x Caligene (Halloween 2015)...or Lunar Herald Bronze x Caligene (Halloween 2015)

user posted imageuser posted image

ETA: Lady Artemis, great minds think alike! wink.gif

Edited by panthera1

Here's my favorites/thread favorites of what I tried:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I tried fem/mal lines for most everything I tried.

In my album I did: PB, albino, blue neb, daydream, flamingo, gold, golden wyvern, green gem, blue gem, grave, nhiostrife, radiant angel, snow angel (tricolor and gold tip), speckle throat, striped river, swallowtail, tangar, thunder, trihorn, tsunami, and turpentine.

I actually tried female swallowtail first and liked it so much, I nearly didn't try anything else. XP

I like the gold lunars more than the bronze. =3

Caligenes look good with a lot of things, though!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Caligenes look good with a lot of things, though!

I admit I was skeptical of them at first, but the more I messed around with pairings in Paint the more possibilities I saw. I just posted the ones I liked but might not occur to many people to try.

I admit I was skeptical of them at first, but the more I messed around with pairings in Paint the more possibilities I saw. I just posted the ones I liked but might not occur to many people to try.

Yeah, a bunch of my mockups are things I saw from your post. ^^

I also didn't expect them to look so nice in lineages. xP

I like them with golds, golden lunars, golden wyverns and brimstones.

yes, I think anything gold seems to look great with them. And Green Gemshard and River create an interesting look. An unexpected surprise! And of course, Radiant Angels, my favourites, look good with anything. wink.gif

I wonder how the Xenos will look with it. I am betting on Pyro and Mageia, but for a totally different feel, I am curious about Astrapi with Caligenes too.

Edited by charlottekay62

I named my dragons like this:

Spirit from the Tomb

Ancient Shadows

Impestion

Kunisia

In a Clearing

The Haunting Prophecy

The Prince of the Blood

Tasting Revenge

wub.gif

Since I think the S1 sprites look like some sort of hellhound, I've been naming them with hound or dog in the name, so far.

I'm toying with the idea of pairing them up with whites (for the wings and for the irony). Though they do look fantastic with golden wyverns and very good with the gold and bronze lunar heralds.

user posted image X user posted image

So far I like them best with bronze/gold lunar heralds, golds, mageias, and graves. But they look like they will go well with a lot of different dragons. biggrin.gif

All of mine have "Omen" at the end of their name. The first names are: dreary, bleak, dismal, grim, somber, dire, and ghastly.

You guys know that creating checkers will be a long time

VERY long time

xd.png

But I do love the GW x Caligene one!

Has anyone tried tossing them with black stripes? Oh, I wonder what stripe eggs they make!!!