blockEdragon

A version of Potion Making-year round

I searched and did not see find anything that even remotely had to do with potions when I searched "potion"and "potions" so lets try and hope not to get in trouble.

This will probably get shot down but i'm gonna risk it anyway (plus someone asked me too).

well lets get started,

I think something like the 2015 Halloween potion brewing would be cool as a permanent edition.

Valkamare in known to have more then just dragons, theirs also magic and potion brewing and many other things so why let that just be a line of text when you can put it to use to better the game?

here is how I think it should work:

Sometimes in the biomes you could find ingredients (they won't always be there) and if you collect a few you can brew them into potions that do cool things, the ingredients have their own rarity and number required that acts as a cool-down in a way because you have to go out and find the stuff and you can't trade them so its all up to you. All potions can only be used on your stuff

EX: potion ingredients that *insert powerful effect here* are really rare and require a lot of ingredients while the potions that make your dragon glitter for a day or something basically useless are common and only require a small amount to brew.

Once you have a few of the required ingredents you can brew them together and make potions that do different things depending on what recipe you mix.

there will be some powerful potions but no spontaneous gold egg creation or anything and the powerful potions require very rare ingredients and more of them and you can't transfer them between users, so everyone is equal.

lets just say there was a potion to create a neglected

well you would need MANY rare ingredients to make it possibly some that spawn less then golds so its not like your getting a free neglected you would probably have to spend weeks and weeks looking for the ingredients

why I think this would be a fun cool side thing:

-something to do when your scroll is locked (this also means you view more ads and make DC money)

-new fun thing to draw in old members

-new fun thing to draw in new members

-you can pretend to be a witch and cook up a evil brew to destroy the town MUHAHAHAH :3

-just something fun besides hunting a breeding

-every ones equal in this because theirs no trades and they spawn like the ingredients now so its purely a dedication thing rather then a have fast internet or a nice breeder situation

IDEAS (for the base concept, as in no potions):

I would think getting stones and stuff as ingredient stuff would help too

I'm already thinking of a dragon concept that could help with the gathering and making stones and stuff to use for this, and I know some breeds have a BSA suggested for them that could help amp up the collecting thing for a day or something. Like say normally its kinda like what we have now [or maybe you can have it so you can turn this function on or off so if you don't wanna be bugged by seeing ingredients then you can turn it off so you won't have to, and if you want to hunt for them then you can turn it on again], but the BSA would instead just amplify the ingredient hunting so they appear faster for just 24 hours before returning back to normal? xd.png.png

-Sapphira_Majoram

------------------------

Also some people have suggested with the Interacting with Wild Dragons thread that one benefit of having befriended dragons is being able to get more collectables more easily too so that would be part of it. biggrin.gif

-Sapphira_Majoram

I do think that if the actual game part was installed into the Cave for the rest of the year, that just like you have an option to hide your scroll or show it [just have to click the box or something in account settings] you could click the box to activate the ingredients spawning, or turn it off if you just want to focus on only the eggs. xd.png.png And the default will be "off" so that newbies won't be confused and then they'll find out what's going on if they see it in the account page and purposefully turn it "on." xd.png.png

-Sapphira_Majoram

ARGUEMENTS to base idea not potions

1.its from a holiday event

counter:

But its not the holiday event, its a different thing and potion brewing is almost always a companion of magic and there's magic in Valkamare and they don't do what event potions do

IDEAS FOR POTIONS,

not the actual concept and here more for examples and a general idea of what the users want out of them (rarity is by egg terms to avoid confusion and if anyone has any ideas they will be credited unless they ask not to be):

remember power and required numbers of ingredients are in proportion to rarity so you can't spam a powerful potion unless you hunt down the ingredients

potion of life (uncommon):

Revive a dead egg with the same chances as a regular revive but only once and only for eggs (good for pesky viewbombers)

-Unnamed vaccine potion (uncommon but needs more ingredients then most):

Makes a egg or hatchling less likely to get sick (they still can get sick just like real vaccines)

-Unnamed Mutation potion

makes a parent more likely to produce a alt for one breeding but lowers the fertility by half(disables the purple) and they have to be bred the day the potion is used

-Accolade(?) potion:

a little potion you make and send to a random user and they get a badge or something and after you send a number of them you get a badge to

they can chose not to accept it and send it to a different user who can do the same until it reaches someone who accepts it

-Unnamed Obliteratio potion (rare so its not a killing spree):

kills a egg above 6 days no egg slot taken but takes three (maybe all) of your kill slots and the egg shell sticks around for a month and can only be used if both parents are on your scroll

(useful for accidental breedings)

-Unnamed Fertility potion(NOT a purple stand in, rare but only needs a few ingredients):

makes multiclutches possible/more likely and increases the chances of it being the parent its used on's breed (maybe only can be used every other breeding?

-Unnamed color influence potion

its ingredients are differently colored flowers and cna influence the color of a parents ofspring

EX:nebula parent drinks green potion now the hatchling has a higher chance of being green

These are just my ideas for potions but others will want different things.

Everything below this is not mine, this line is not meant to put me above it's here to show that its not only my ideas here

-----------------------------------------

none yet sad.gif

---------------------

ingredient ideas (please share their rarity if you suggest a ingredient):

-mana shards (you have to make them from liquid mana or something)

unstated

-Sapphira_Majoram

-liquid mana (uncommon but not quite rare)

can be the base liquid of more advanced potions

-bottled evil spirit (rare and powerful)

probably destructive and sounds COOL

-unicorn horn (rare and powerful)

healer

-herbs (common-rare depending on type)

normally a base ingredient

-bottled thunderstorm (uncommon)

sounds destructive and is just plain cool to keep

-dragon scales (common-rare depending on breed)

can also be asked for from your dragons though they won't always say yes because removing scales would probably hurt and dragons like neglecteds wouldn't share much.

and rare dragons should say no more often then commons.

metals and stones (common-to rare depending on type)

unstated

-Sapphira_Majoram + my input

---------------------------------

Well that pretty much wraps it up I hope you like it, sorry if I wasted your time.

*Feel free to share your potion idea and i will add it when i see it to the list (with you name under it)

*I strongly encourage giving a reason for 0 support instead of just saying no that will never work and going on your way, perhaps a way to improve it (most ideas aren't bad, their execution is bad)

*I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling errors, I will correct them if I find them and I normally do

*sorry if its a bad idea, if it is. just know i'm embarrassed and will dwell on it for months and bottle up the negative emotions to fester into therapy bills and that will fix you right up.

*please state any ideas for the base idea or potion concepts

biggrin.gif

Edited by blockEdragon

I could have sworn there was a topic about this. Maybe it was in the old hoarding topic, about potions and scrolls. I'm horrible at using the search, I'm sure someone that's better at it fill see if it's still there.

I love this idea. :3 I wholeheartedly support it! <3 I think a lot of the fun potions we do in this event, that only last for a day, could be good examples of common potions to be able to do for the rest of the year too. ^u^ Unless some [like turning ShadowWalkers into pumpkins] are just Halloween specific that is lol. xd.png

I would think getting stones and stuff as ingredient stuff would help too. OOH what if the mana game is installed for the rest of the year like this [just pure mana creation, no storyboard thing included] and you can get certain kinds of mana from playing the game to use in more difficult potions and the like? biggrin.gif

I'm already thinking of a dragon concept that could help with the gathering and making stones and stuff to use for this, and I know some breeds have a BSA suggested for them that could help amp up the collecting thing for a day or something. Like say normally its kinda like what we have now [or maybe you can have it so you can turn this function on or off so if you don't wanna be bugged by seeing ingredients then you can turn it off so you won't have to, and if you want to hunt for them then you can turn it on again], but the BSA would instead just amplify the ingredient hunting so they appear faster for just 24 hours before returning back to normal? xd.png

Also some people have suggested with the Interacting with Wild Dragons thread that one benefit of having befriended dragons is being able to get more collectables more easily too so that would be part of it. biggrin.gif

I do think that if the actual game part was installed into the Cave for the rest of the year, that just like you have an option to hide your scroll or show it [just have to click the box or something in account settings] you could click the box to activate the ingredients spawning, or turn it off if you just want to focus on only the eggs. xd.png And the default will be "off" so that newbies won't be confused and then they'll find out what's going on if they see it in the account page and purposefully turn it "on." xd.png

Sound good? :3

Edit: Also I see a Hoarding thread on the same page where there's a proposed feature where the dragons can actively help with the collecting items and build up their own hoards. I think this would work WONDERFULLY with all the rest we're thinking of! xd.png <3 Oh I cannot wait for this to be implemented! OwO

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

I love this idea. :3 I wholeheartedly support it! <3 I think a lot of the fun potions we do in this event, that only last for a day, could be good examples of common potions to be able to do for the rest of the year too. ^u^ Unless some [like turning ShadowWalkers into pumpkins] are just Halloween specific that is lol. xd.png

I would think getting stones and stuff as ingredient stuff would help too. OOH what if the mana game is installed for the rest of the year like this [just pure mana creation, no storyboard thing included] and you can get certain kinds of mana from playing the game to use in more difficult potions and the like? biggrin.gif

I'm already thinking of a dragon concept that could help with the gathering and making stones and stuff to use for this, and I know some breeds have a BSA suggested for them that could help amp up the collecting thing for a day or something. Like say normally its kinda like what we have now [or maybe you can have it so you can turn this function on or off so if you don't wanna be bugged by seeing ingredients then you can turn it off so you won't have to, and if you want to hunt for them then you can turn it on again], but the BSA would instead just amplify the ingredient hunting so they appear faster for just 24 hours before returning back to normal? xd.png

I do think that if the actual game part was installed into the Cave for the rest of the year, that just like you have an option to hide your scroll or show it [just have to click the box or something in account settings] you could click the box to activate the ingredients spawning, or turn it off if you just want to focus on only the eggs. xd.png And the default will be "off" so that newbies won't be confused and then they'll find out what's going on if they see it in the account page and purposefully turn it "on." xd.png

Sound good? :3

Edit: Also I see a Hoarding thread on the same page where there's a proposed feature where the dragons can actively help with the collecting items and build up their own hoards. I think this would work WONDERFULLY with all the rest we're thinking of! xd.png <3 Oh I cannot wait for this to be implemented! OwO

i'm all for that (ill add itt o the first posts idea list)

i thought of including mana shards for this but i'm trying not to push it any more then i already am but using mana for potions would make sense (mana is liquid so some potions could require mana as the base instead of water or something)

and that whole wild dragon thing could be a little thing where the more dragons you befriend the more likely one is to give you a little gift once in a while (depending on breed)

i also had this idea about dragon scales sometimes begin part of it and a new action could ask a dragon of yours for some scales (they could say no a lot because removing a scale sounds painful)

and in my idea there would be a massive selection of ingredients and people could suggest new ingredients and potions

i'm not sure it ill be implemented i'm pretty sure its gonna be shot down with a army of GoNs led by TJ's

Edited by blockEdragon

I would LOVE a version of this! Even if only to get the potion to revert a dragon to an egg s I could have egg sprites!

But, to have some of the Alt sprites (from Halloween recolors) would be so much fun. They wouldn't breed true, but I'd love to have the Horses from last year, or the white Pyralspite from this year!

This is certainly a good alternative for actions we want that just don't work as BSAs yet or etc. I'm not really opposed to a method for these (although I prefer simplicity, and leaving things as general actions and BSAs is simpler), although I'm not sure if potions is exactly my favorite way to go about this. I kind of prefer something like search, where I just can apply the result rather than having to find the right ingredients and then brew the potion and then be able to apply it. I think brewing potions is extra work for artists and TJ (and users) having to create all the ingredients. I also prefer having to specifically perform an action and explicitly go after this stuff rather than randomly finding ingredients.

To sum up: I'm pretty much okay with a (useful) item inventory being added, but I prefer it having to be something we explicitly say we want to do rather than things randomly appearing for us to find. Randomly appearing means I have to click on them to get them out of the way, even if I don't care about it at all. Which is okay for holidays, but all the time? Would personally become frustrating for me.

I also would just stick to useful inventories, not joke things like we had this Halloween. That's just an extension of the event, and I don't think that's necessary.

I could have sworn there was a topic about this.

I thought so, too, but couldn't find anything I would call this a dupe of. Hoard, search, explore, and user item inventories (general topic about if users are okay with item inventories in general).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler