dragynfox

Mysteries of the Ogham Lineage Project

user posted image

So, here's the idea. The lineage will have twenty "clans" total, each based on a letter of the Ogham alphabet. (Using the tree kennings, if you want to get technical.) We are setting up the first clans now.

The lineage does not have to be a specific type, but if you want to start a clan, or a personal lineage with tighter restrictions, that is all right. Progenitors do not have to be CB, but if you're trying to make a nice looking lineage and not just a big one, you might want to consider it.

Incest is also okay, if you want that in your clan.

You can either request an egg from an already started lineage, or start an unclaimed lineage using the breeds indicated. You can have lineages in as many clans as you can handle. Right now, we will have one starter pair per clan, but this may be expanded as demand increases. Also, if you want to start a lineage adding a really rare dragon to the suggested ones, definitely pm me. Like I'd love to have a Despisis in the Blackthorn starter pair or a Mistletoe in the holly, but I don't have them so I certainly can't promise anything. Also, if you want to start a secondary lineage in a clan that's only Pygmy, Drake, or two-headed, we can talk.

Every dragon in the lineage has to have a name with either "Druid" or "Ogham" in it, plus the name of the clan, either the tree (Like birch or rowan ) or the letter (Beith or Luis). That seems like a lot but it's only 10 out of 32 letters. If it becomes a problem restrictions may loosened.

You cannot kill, abandon, or bite dragons in the lineage.

To get credit for your lineage, you need to fill out the form introducing the lineage member. Once we start getting some eggs hatching, I'll add links for each lineage.

Here's our banner:

user posted image

And the code:

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=29&t=168047][img=http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz82/dragynfox/image.jpg1_2.jpg][/url]

Edited by dragynfox

The Clans: (Artwork forthcoming)

user posted image

Breeding Pair:

Druids Oriana Birchx Beith Rising Light Ogham

Requests for Birch Eggs

Luis- Rowan: Enchantment, Protection, Beauty

Breeds: Magi, Cassare, Sunstone, Royal Crimson

Breeding Pair:

Rowan Wizardbane Oghamx Luis Lumen Valiant Druid

Requests for Rowan Eggs

Fearn- Alder: Freedom, Fire, Conflict, Red

Breeds: Brute, Hellfire, Red, Ember

Clan Page: Here

Breeding Pair:

Yesix Fearn Ogham X Snik Fearn Ogham

Requests for Alder Eggs

Saille- Willow: Intuition, Water, the Moon

Breeds: Moonstone, Striped River, Undine, Royal Blue

Breeding Pair:

Saille Sirona Artemis Ogham x Weeping Willow Druid

Requests for Willow Eggs

Nionn- Ash: Journeys, the Web of Life, Toughness

Breeds: Guardian, Nebula, Waterhorse, Tri-horned Wyvern

Huath- Hawthorn: Ill Luck, Chastity, Defense

Breeds: Brimstone, Storm, Black, Grave

Duir- Oak: Strength, Nobility, Sustenance

Breeds: Plated Collosus, Green, Pyrope Pyralspite, Mistletoe

Breeding Pair:

Colbhi Druidh Duir Ogham X Uil-ioc an Duir Ogham

Requests for Oak Eggs

Tinne- Holly: Vigor, Balance, Directness

Breeds: Terrae, Bright-Breasted Wyvern, Holly, Tinsel

Breeding Pair; Tinne Ogham Spirit of the Forest/URL] and Tinne Ogham Magick of the Druids

Requests for Holly Eggs

1.dragynfox

Coll- Hazel: Wisdom, Foresight, Meditation

Breeds: Soulpeace, Daydream, Deep Sea, Avatar of Change

Breeding Pair:

Druid Coll Dra'axi Ogham X Druidess Coll Dra'axi Ogham

Requests for Hazel Eggs

Quert- Apple: Youth, Choice, Promise

Breeds: Purple, Carmine Wyvern, Royal Crimson, Pink

Breeding Pair:

Blooming Apple Druid X Quert Ogham Oath

Requests for Apple Eggs

Muin- Vine: Joy, Fellowship, Harvest

Breeds: Olive, Speckle Throated, Harvest, Balloon

Breeding Pair: Ogham Muin Undergrowth X Ogham Muin Friendship

Requests fo Vine Eggs

Gort- Ivy: Connection, Perservence, Self-Searching (possibly purplenewt)

Breeds: Canopy, Whiptail, Dark Green, Neotropical

Breeding Pair:

Ogham Gort Bindwood x Ogham Gort Lovestone

Requests for Ivy Eggs

Ngetal- Reed: Music, Skill, Direct Action

Breeds: Turpentine, Sunsong Amphititre, Falconiform Wyvern, Terrae

Straif- Blackthorn: Fate, Hard Times, Power to Overcome

Breeds: Nhliostrife Wyvern, Bleeding Moon, Serragamma Wyvern, Desipis or Black Marrow

Ruis- Elder: Healing, Creativity, Magical Travel

Breeds: Black Tea, Fever Wyvern, Swallowtail, Albino

Breeding Pair:Ruis Ogham Manadan mac Lir x Ruis Ogham Fand de Loch nEathach

Requests for Elder Eggs

Ailm- Fir: Perception, the Past and Future, Adaptability (Kigyptnee)

Breeds: Ridgewing, Anagallis, Seasonal. Winter Solstice

Ohn- Furze: Abundance, Sweetness, Gathering of Friends

Breeds: Golden Wyvern, Flamingo, Yellow-Crowned, Harvest

Breeding Pair: Furze Nectar Druid X Honey Ohn Ogham

Requests for Furze Eggs

Uir- Heather: Rest, Healing, Memory

Breeds: Purple, Daydream, Pillow, Mint

Breeding Pair:

Codlatanach Uir Ogham x Heather Uir Ogham

Eadha- Aspen: Air, Communication, Resiliency

Breeds: Skywing, Nhiostrife, Sunsong, Guardian

Clan Rules: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8757431

Breeding Pair:

Trembling Aspen of the Druid x Ogham Whispering Spirit of Eadha

Requests for Aspen Eggs

Ioho- Yew: Eternity, Poison, Rebirth

Breeds: Nebula, Nocturne, Brimstone, Shadow Walker

Edited by dragynfox

To request an egg:

Reply with this form

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=7]I want to request an egg![/color][/size]
[b] DC Scroll Url: [/b]
[B] Lineage Requested: [/B]

To start a lineage:

Pm me with this info:

Your scroll url, Lineage requested, suggested parents

To report the birth of a new lineage member:

Reply using the following code:

[COLOR=red][SIZE=7]My lineage has a new member![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Lineage:[/B]
[B]Names of Parents:[/b]
[b]Name of Hatchling(link): [/b]

Current Lineages

Catstaff's Oak Lineage

Catstaff's Heather Lineage

Foxwood's Rowans

Avarule's Alders

Kigyptnee's Rebel Sunset Birches

Kigyptnee's Whispering Aspens

Foxwood's Willows

Carrow's Elders

Foxwood's Bright Birches

Purplenewt's Trail of Ivy

Purplenewt's Vines

Foxwood's Hazel Thicket

Edited by dragynfox

(If you're still making the thread just let me know and I will delete this post, but I think you're done.)

I'd really love to join this but honestly I'm so confused. What is the finished lineage supposed to look like? How many lineages are we allowed?

Is only one person allowed to have starters for a lineage?(This is what I'm assuming, it would make sense at this point, but I'm a bit unsure.)

Can I have this one?

Breeds: Purple, Carmine Wyvern, Royal Crimson

(I'm going to look through the list to see if there's more I want but I want to jump in and claim this one because Apple. smile.gif)

(If you're not finished, I can delete this)

This sounds like such an interesting idea! I would like to join too, but I was just wondering... what is the lineage supposed to look like exactly? Or does it not matter, as long as it has all three breeds [only] in it?

This one keeps speaking my name--

Gort- Ivy: Connection, Perservence, Self-Searching

Breeds: Canopy, Whiptail, Dark Green

But I'd have to start picking them up in the cave before I can officially PM you, I guess. rolleyes.gif

Much like the other two, I can delete this if you're not finished.

I'm interested in this clan...

Breeds: Brute, Hellfire, Red

...but I'm not entirely sure what the rules here are. Can there be multiple CB pairs for each clan? Are you the only one that can have CB clan members? Are we making PB even gens with each species or checkers or stairsteps or whatever we want? Are clans allowed to intermarry? Is incest allowed? Do we absolutely have to include Ogham/Druid in our dragon's name? Because that coupled with the clan name would take up quite a bit of space.

This is a really intriguing idea but I'd like to know a bit more before submitting an official form. smile.gif

So to answer some questions,

It doesn't matter what each lineage looks like. However, if you want to make a specific clan have tighter lineage rules, that'd be fine with me.

I'm going to say incest is okay, but if you don't want that in your clan, say so.

Progenitors do no need to be cave born, mine aren't though I may try to change that just because I have a couple with super long lineages, which I didn't initially think about.

For now, only one starter pair per clan, but if we have more demand later we can think about adding lines.

Also, if you've tentatively requested a clan, I have added you to the list and will hold it for you unless someone wants the same clan and has a starter pair ready to go.

Edited by dragynfox

I'd love to get in on this one. This is my preference for a clan if possible.

Duir- Oak: Strength, Nobility, Sustenance

Breeds: Plated Colossus, Green, Pyrope Pyralspite

That said, I'd like to toss a Mistletoe into the start, since in real life, mistletoe grows on oak trees. smile.gif

Alright! I have my starter pair. They already have a few children though is that okay?

I just need to rename them. smile.gif

https://dragcave.net/lineage/u65ST

https://dragcave.net/lineage/nBXqT

If we are allowed two trees/letters, I would like this one as well if possible please. smile.gif

Breeds: Golden Wyvern, Flamingo, Yellow-Crowned

This would be my starting pair for it, I'll just need to rename them.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/vH7KJ

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jxOSc

Also I have a suggestion...

Since some dragon types overlap, what if we tried having 4 dragons for each tree? Then we can have one of each as a CB, and we can breed them together to get our starting pair. I just feel like it would make it nicer. smile.gif But obviously up to you if you like this idea or not! smile.gif

Edited by AppleMango

Or another suggestion, starter pairs of each breed within the clan? Or just unlimited CBs within the clan... I prefer even-generation breeding myself, and I especially like doing checkers.

If unlimited CBs are allowed, one pair can still be designated as the foundation pair of the clan... the pair that have to be in the lineage of later-generation eggs being traded to other clans in order to be a "true" clan member.

That said, THIS would be my preferred foundation pair. Otherwise, I'd go for THIS instead... with appropriate name-changes to the dragons in question, of course. Either way, I've got another couple of pyropes plus one more each of mistletoes and female colossus dragons to start the checkers with.

I'm good with four breeds per clan. I just couldn't think of four for each lol. You can have CB's in your lineage as long as one of the partners from each breeding is descended from the starter.

I'll be working on banners for each clan this week. Those who have sent me starter pairs will find them now listed on the clan page. Let me know their names when you have them!

Edited by dragynfox

If there are four breeds for each clan does that mean we can have multiple founding pairs? Otherwise, how do we include the other species? Do we make mixed/messy lineages?

Edited by Avarule

Awww, you added an extra breed for both of mine. That's so sweet thank you! <3

I don't have time to make the starting pairs I want right now(and I'm locked anyway!) so I guess I will leave it as these for now.

Breeds: Purple, Carmine Wyvern, Royal Crimson, Pink
Breeding Pair:
[URL=https://dragcave.net/lineage/u65ST]Blooming Apple Druid[/URL] X [url=https://dragcave.net/lineage/nBXqT]Quert Ogham Oath[/url]

Breeds: Golden Wyvern, Flamingo, Yellow-Crowned, Harvest
Breeding Pair: [URL=https://dragcave.net/lineage/vH7KJ]Furze Nectar Druid[/URL] X [URL=https://dragcave.net/lineage/dsWf5]Honey Ohn Ogham[/URL]

The names are super lame. >_< Lol.

If anyone has a better idea for names, please let me know! haha. tongue.gif

I hope putting it in code like that helps because you can just copy paste it biggrin.gif

*The 9 needs to stay in "9 Furze Nectar Druid"'s name until the end of the year. Then I will probably take it out. Sorry.

If there are four breeds for each clan does that mean we can have multiple founding pairs? Otherwise, how do we include the other species? Do we make mixed/messy lineages?

Okay, so the reason I was suggesting 4 breeds is because the starter pair don't have to be CB, so if there's 4 breeds in a lineage, then you can have a nice neat 4-dragon starter with 4 different breeds.

I don't have a proper example yet, from my own dragons(well, the ones that I am using for this lineage), but I *do* have one that looks similar to what I was envisioning

So, pretend that one of the "clans" was Electric, storm, flamingo and deep sea.

Your starter pair looks like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/On9cz

http://dragcave.net/lineage/sytJg

and the dragons that you give others looks like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WyGHP

Although it seems that with this lineage you can make whatever sort of lineage you want, this was just what I thought of, and why I asked if there could be 4 breeds. smile.gif

Edited by AppleMango

Oh, that is nice! Thanks for explaining, I think I'll definitely try for something similar. smile.gif I PM'd dragynfox about the Fearn clan so hopefully I'll be able to get started soon.

I can't think up a fourth breed for Ivy, but since Dark Green's have alts, I figure that should suffice for me. smile.gif (Unless someone can think of another one?) I'd rather start with two cave borns, keeps it clean. I apologize a head in advance that my clan will take a little bit of time to set up. laugh.gif

I think Neotropical could work for Ivy if you want.

I briefly thought about that. Okay, that'll work. cool.gif

Clan Eadha/Aspen

AIR -||||- COMMUNICATION -||||- RESILIENCY

Eadha Dragons: Skywing - Nhiostrife Wyvern - Sunsong - Guardian

Starter Breeding Pair: Trembling Aspen of the Druid & Ogham Whispering Spirit of Eadha (example)

"Aspen the whispering tree of peace

Gives voice to the gods in the dance of its leaves

So listen and focus on its rustling song

The messenger of the gods can't be wrong

Its purity is a light in the dark

Communities of beings live in its bark

The trees are connected underground

By roots their unity is found

Transforming fear to victory

Sending us beyond worry

To where we can share in that true joy

Where the power of love overcomes any ploy

It's root is good for cuts and bruises

It's leaves, anti-septic, have many uses

If you listen staying still

You can hear its oracle

It might alter your awareness

To where you see all nature's fairness

And awaken to a world of wonder

And hear its message for you to ponder

It regenerates in the cycle of seasons

Overcoming death and all things

It's incense is burnt for protection

And can help visions and reflection" - Edward Durand

Aspen, with its round leaves, easily catches the wind. It shakes and quivers and trembles, dancing in the breeze. It's said the sounds it makes when the air flutters against the Aspen's leaves are actually the whispers of spirits and gods imparting messages via the tree. It quakes in the wind as if afraid, but it's wood - it's core - is flexible and hard to break. For this reason Aspen is said to signify the conquest of fear; it signifies the doubt, the anxiety, and the distress wreaking havoc in our minds' imagination - things which hold us back from living life to its fullest that may not even be as bad we believe - it is the courage to face our own demons, to confront our fears & overcome them and emerge a stronger and wiser person because of it.

Clan Rules

1) Follow all the main lineage project rules. That means the following:

• Every dragon in the lineage must have a name with either "Druid" or "Ogham" AND the name of the clan it belongs to, in this case "Aspen" or "Eadha"
  • No Killing, Abandoning, or Biting Dragons that are a part of this lineage. To be on the safe side, please refrain from "Neglecting" clan offspring as well as this can be hit/miss. Releasing grown Clan Dragons into the Wild is also frowned upon.
2) Freezing is okay as is gifting clan dragons outside the thread (so long as giftee agrees to follow Rule #1)

3) No incest.

4) You can make any kind of lineage with your Eadha Dragons - This means Spirals, Even Gens, Stairs, Arrows, Complete and Random Chaotic Madness, or whatever other style lineage you might concoct are all free game.

5) I have no jurisdiction over what you do with non-clan dragons (dragons unrelated to Original Clan Pair) you may breed with your clan dragons. Breeding them to Clan Dragons does not mean they cannot be bred to other mates outside of the thread or have whatever name they please. They're your dragons. Do what you want with them. :]

6) There are four different breeds representing Eadha. You do not have to use all of them in your lineage.

7) Breeding Clan Dragons to dragons a part of other clans is okay so long as both/all Clan names are included in the offspring's name.

8) I respectfully reserve the right to change, alter, or add to the clan rules at any given time. Mostly add to - these above rules are not likely to change.

Would you like to join Clan Eadha/Aspen?

If so, fill out this simple form and post it on the thread. That way both myself and dragynfox can see it. You can also PM me here if you have any clan specific questions.

I want to Request an Ogham Egg!

Forum Name:

Scroll Name:

Clan: Eadha/Aspen

PM Link:

[color=blue][SIZE=5][B]I want to Request an Ogham Egg![/B][/SIZE][/color]
[B]Forum Name:[/B]
[B]Scroll Name:[/B]
[b]Clan:[/b] Eadha/Aspen
[B]PM Link:[/B]

I might add in a Lineage Requested section onto the form later if there are people who want to become breeders for the Eadha Clan. Since there's only one pair at the moment, however, it seems a little redundant to add at the moment.

Also, if you want to share your lineage progress or simply announce a new Eadha dragon, feel free to use this form:

I Want to Announce an Ogham Dragon!

Forum Name:

Clan:

Lineage Link:

[COLOR=darkcyan][B][SIZE=5]I Want to Announce an Ogham Dragon![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[B]Forum Name:[/B]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[B]Lineage Link:[/B]

Edited by Kigyptnee

I'm happy to report that all three of my starter pairs have successfully produced eggs. xd.png Soon, Birch, Rowan and Willow will have their first new members, a Sunrise, a Cassare and an Undine.

Just curious - Can offspring from two different clans be bred together, or are we keeping each clan completely separate (breeding wise)?

On another note, can I request an egg from Saille - Willow Clan, dragynfox? smile.gif

Edited by Kigyptnee

I have no problem with you breeding dragons from separate clans, as long as you can keep track of who's who, naming wise.

And yes. You can have their next egg.

Edited by dragynfox

Okay, so I modified this post with some Clan Rules and stuff for Eadha/Aspen. Hope I got everything in there. Dragynfox, if there's anything I need to change in there, feel free to PM me happy.gif

Okay, I FINALLY got a breeding pair. smile.gif

Breeds: Brute, Hellfire, Red, Ember
Breeding Pair:
[URL=https://dragcave.net/lineage/yes6v]Yesix Fearn Ogham[/URL] X [url=https://dragcave.net/lineage/snKTa]Snik Fearn Ogham[/url]

Firstborn (for proof): https://dragcave.net/lineage/68DKU

@ dragynfox - I saw you copy pasted what I wrote for Eadha clan into the main/second post... Looking at it, I'm wondering if it would be better to simply link the post with the clan information into to the generic format so it doesn't take up half the post. I guess maybe something like this?

Eadha- Aspen: Air, Communication, Resiliency

Clan Rules: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8757431

Breeding Pair:

Requests for Aspen Eggs

[b]Eadha- Aspen: Air, Communication, Resiliency[/b]
Clan Rules: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168047&st=0entry8757431
Breeding Pair: 

[b]Requests for Aspen Eggs[/b]

----------

@Avarule - Congrats on your first Fearn egg! biggrin.gif

Thanks @Kigyptnee I would've done that but I didn't know how lol.

And also congrats to everyone who has successfully started their lineages!