shadowfighter

Easter~ Mass Breeding

Hi! As most of us know, Easter is coming soon. So, I had an idea for a mass breeding project much like the Ides of March project by Stromboli. So, I was thinking that on April fifth (Easter Sunday) any and all of us who wanted, could breed our Easter-y spring-y dragons. I think the best breeds to take part in this would be:

All of the Stripes

Pillow Dragons

Seasonals

What the breeds represent:

Pillows: These fluffy dragons represent the easter bunny! Dropping eggs for young children to find.

Stripe Dragons: These wonderfully colorful patterned dragons represent the eggs set out by the easter bunny!

Seasonals: These pastel dragons represent Springtime and the renewal of the land.

FAQ:

Q: What kinds of lineages are included?

A: Any kind! Stair, EG, messy, or inbred, it doesn't matter! (It would be advised to keep messies out of it though, as most people don't like them)

Q: What do I do with the eggs once I breed them?

A: Drop them on the AP, they'll be picked up there, and hopefully loved.

Q: When does this take place?

A: From 12:00 AM Dragon Cave time April 5th, to 11:59 PM Dragon Cave time on April 6th.

Q: What am I supposed to do?

A: Have fun! Breed your dragons, and a few days afterwards, catch some pretty and colorful eggs!

Banners:

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=167307][IMG=http://i61.tinypic.com/xn9jx0.png][/URL]

Want to be notified when breeding starts? Use the following code!

[COLOR=maroon][B]I want to know when breeding starts![/B][/COLOR]

I want to know when breeding starts!

Edited by shadowfighter

I have a few pretty lines I'd be happy to breed at the time to pitch in. smile.gif I'd include all Pygmi races though, more color = more fun. :3

Oh, now I'm definitely pumped up for this project! <3

Edit: I'd love Spring Seasonals in the mix, but it's not a must. Maybe a blue dragon breed in the suggested mix of colors?

Edited by stagazer_7

I'm unsure what Blue dragons we have, I know there are Moonstones, and Avatars of Creation. But I'm not sure how many other blue breeds there are...

How about Waters? These are common and a very beautiful shade of blue.

Edited by stagazer_7

But I like the idea of having lots of useful BSA dragons in this, so that people can increase their hoards.

Pretty lineages + BSA = double win. Oh, I have so many pretty Pink and Red lines, definitely looking forward to this!

EDIT:

What about Golds and Silvers? Silvers look amazing with pastel blue and pink, and Golds, well, Golds are gold.

I'll almost definitely breed my commons with Metallics anyway, since they make for pretty lineages. :3 Most of these lines will turn out to be commons, because they're so tough to breed - I believe it's easier to stick with commons and if someone decides to drop their Metallic offspring to the AP so much the better. smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

Ooh. At first I thought you meant rainbow lineages, like this (which I'd gladly participate with, but that doesn't seem to be the goal), but you just mean bright, single-coloured dragons, right? smile.gif

Ooh. At first I thought you meant rainbow lineages, like this (which I'd gladly participate with, but that doesn't seem to be the goal), but you just mean bright, single-coloured dragons, right? smile.gif

I mean, any dragon of the breeds listed, is bred. *shrug* lineage doesn't matter, what matters is the color of the eggs. Bright noticeable colors for people to collect. Any lineages bred is great, but doesn't really matter. smile.gif

Edited by shadowfighter

I would be delighted to catch such a beauty from the AP, that would be a real treat! <3

Expect a pink, red and magi flood from my scroll wink.gif

Edit: Oh ok, forget my post since the dragons to breed have been changed and don't include the previous anymore huh.gif

Edited by Iside

Isn't that an awful lot of breeds for a single day breeding event? Especially with Stromboli's Earth Day breeding event later in the month to prepare for. What if we only did Stripes for this? Or Stripes and Springs? That might be a little more manageable.....

Isn't that an awful lot of breeds for a single day breeding event? Especially with Stromboli's Earth Day breeding event later in the month to prepare for. What if we only did Stripes for this? Or Stripes and Springs? That might be a little more manageable.....

Yeah, it would be less like a mass breeding and more like everyday. I'm thinking of cutting it down to stripes, pyralspites, and seasonals. Stripes for the colorful patterned eggs, pyralspites for the shiny-ness, and seasonals for the pastel. But I want a little more feedback.

Yeah, it would be less like a mass breeding and more like everyday. I'm thinking of cutting it down to stripes, pyralspites, and seasonals. Stripes for the colorful patterned eggs, pyralspites for the shiny-ness, and seasonals for the pastel. But I want a little more feedback.

Actually now that I go back an read the answer to a question I asked in the Ides of March thread, I think it ought to be Striped, Seasonals, and Pillows because cool egg patterns and fluffy, adorable Easter Bunnies~ X3

Actually now that I go back an read the answer to a question I asked in the Ides of March thread, I think it ought to be Striped, Seasonals, and Pillows because cool egg patterns and fluffy, adorable Easter Bunnies~ X3

Yeah, but I want to include one rare or BSA dragon, that way people hunting the AP have a chance to find something really useful or cool. Pillows could be added in, and I'm highly considering it, but I want to keep the breed list low, and I love Pyralspites...

Edit: Changed up the main post a bit, including more information, ect.

Edited by shadowfighter

Yeah, but I want to include one rare or BSA dragon, that way people hunting the AP have a chance to find something really useful or cool. Pillows could be added in, and I'm highly considering it, but I want to keep the breed list low, and I love Pyralspites...

Meh. I'm really not a fan of Pyralspites. Especially the pink ones. That shade of pink...... *shudders* If you really want BSAs you could just do pinks or Magis or Reds. Maybe either Pink or Magi since there will already be red due to red Stripes.

Meh. I'm really not a fan of Pyralspites. Especially the pink ones. That shade of pink...... *shudders* If you really want BSAs you could just do pinks or Magis or Reds. Maybe either Pink or Magi since there will already be red due to red Stripes.

Well, I bumped Pyralspites off, did a little color stuff, and made some improvements. I think what I have up there is what is going to stay up there.

Well, I bumped Pyralspites off, did a little color stuff, and made some improvements. I think what I have up there is what is going to stay up there.

Well you're the one organizing the event. You're free to keep the Pyralspites if you want. It might be nice if some other people chimed in with their opinions of whether or not there should be Pyralspites in this event....

Well you're the one organizing the event. You're free to keep the Pyralspites if you want. It might be nice if some other people chimed in with their opinions of whether or not there should be Pyralspites in this event....

Yeah, it seems that most people either don't care for this event, or think it's a bit messy. I kinda have to agree on that last bit, I'm not exactly the best organizer, and I don't have any banners or fancy formats like Stromboli. So I guess I can understand the aversion. *shrug*

Yeah, it seems that most people either don't care for this event, or think it's a bit messy. I kinda have to agree on that last bit, I'm not exactly the best organizer, and I don't have any banners or fancy formats like Stromboli. So I guess I can understand the aversion. *shrug*

It's always a bit messy when there's more than one applicable breed and you're still trying to decide which ones to use without making it every breedable breed. ^^; It's a lot to take on. I'm sorry if I'm making it more difficult. I'm just trying to help. I'll certainly be breeding all clean lineages I own on these three breeds on Easter~ Honestly It'll give me an excuse to start my Pillow x Heartstealer lineage and my Seasonal lineage projects. I'm glad I already have my scroll organized with a section for inbred dragons. I really should make a section for messies so I know which ones not to breed.

It's always a bit messy when there's more than one applicable breed and you're still trying to decide which ones to use without making it every breedable breed. ^^; It's a lot to take on. I'm sorry if I'm making it more difficult. I'm just trying to help. I'll certainly be breeding all clean lineages I own on these three breeds on Easter~ Honestly It'll give me an excuse to start my Pillow x Heartstealer lineage and my Seasonal lineage projects. I'm glad I already have my scroll organized with a section for inbred dragons. I really should make a section for messies so I know which ones not to breed.

Lol, if anything, your helping. I have a lot of enthusiasm for breeding events, so your being here has helped me condense my stuff. I know I'm gonna go all out this Halloween and Christmas, so Easter will be big, and I've already started planning my Fourth of July event. tongue.gif

Lol, if anything, your helping. I have a lot of enthusiasm for breeding events, so your being here has helped me condense my stuff. I know I'm gonna go all out this Halloween and Christmas, so Easter will be big, and I've already started planning my Fourth of July event. tongue.gif

Well I'm glad I'm helping instead of just confusing you even more. ^J^

Fourth of July event? OJO

Well I'm glad I'm helping instead of just confusing you even more. ^J^

Fourth of July event? OJO

Uhh, yeah. X3 It's been in my mental works for about three hours now. Lol.

Nice. xd.png

I just realized how few stripes and Pillows I have. I have one pillow, and three stripes. I have a much larger collection of seasonals, but I am going to need to hoard more eggs this year..

Personally I'm not too sure about the Pyralspites, since they're still pretty new and a lot of people (myself included) have yet to catch that elusive CB Almandine or Spessartine. I think the three breeds you narrowed it down to are nice fits for the holiday, and even though you took them out of the OP I'll probably breed some Pygmies too. ^-^ Gives me something to do besides just hunting randomly for eggs. c: