helix9

Cave of Courtship

It looks like this event will have a lot to do with trying to do with courting a certain type of dragon. I say we should try to collect those descriptions we're getting once we set up our cave so that we can get the right gal!

The event is over, but if you'd still like to post it'd be interesting to see what the final ratios were that attracted the permanent mate.

Some people have adopted a sort of form to post their findings in, which will make organizing these much easier!

Day: day of event

Location: (Cave, Alpine, Coast, Desert, Jungle, Volcano) (You can see pictures of the locations in this thread)

My Dragon:

Visiting Dragon:

Interested Message: Try to always include a message that shows both of the things that the dragon is looking for

Item Ratio: (in the form Mana:Meat:Shinies:Sweets:Misc)

Attempts: Try to post as many combos as you can test, this helps narrow down the specifications for each mate

Notes and other Questions: Anything you find interesting, such as interesting item combos

If you don't have a lot to say in the questions at the end, don't feel pressured to answer them. If you've got lots of experiments and ideas swirling in your head though, write 'em out!

[b]Day:[/b] 
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]My Dragon:[/b] [u]Breed here[/u]
[b]Visiting Dragon:[/b] [u]Breed here[/u]
[b]Attempts[/b]:
[LIST]
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 -
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 -
[*]0-0-0-0-0 -
[*]0-0-0-0-0 -
[/LIST]
[b]Notes:[/b] Which are the primary/secondary/tolerated/repulsed items?
What was in your cave at the start of the day? Primary category/color? Category you had none of?

From Bugzilla:

If we want to analyze this easily, then I suggest the following relatively simple procedure:

1. Start with everything at 2-2-2-2-2.

2a. If the visitor likes the collection, then you can immediately derive the primary and secondary preferences, and you know that all 4 non-primary categories are tolerated.

The test can probably stop here for that breed.

2b. If the visitor is only mildly interested, increase the primary and have something like 2-2-2-2-3 (if the primary is the misc items).

Save the changes.

3. You will then know the primary and secondary preferences, but you still have to play with the other ones to check which ones are tolerated or not (= accepted at the same level as the primary)

4. Pick one of the 4 non-primary kinds of things, increase its number to 3 and save.

5a. If the visitor is still interested (not just mildly), then this is "tolerated/accepted/whatever-name-you-prefer". You can keep it at 3 and test the next one.

5b. If the visitor is only mildly interested, then remove the item that you have just added and increase the next category that you want to test.

6. Repeat step 4 for the 4 kinds of items that are not the primary preference.

With only a few tests, it should be possible to analyze quickly the breeds that we see.

Some really useful posts:

mo7's googledoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7I...S43w/edit#gid=0

Bugzilla: part 1 part 2 part 3

TO ATTRACT...

Tolerate/Repulse are still being tested, please bear with us! You can find those tests in this spreadsheet, comments are open.

Black - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Desipis - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Frostbite - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Nebula - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Undine - Primary: Mana Secondary: Shinies

Red - Primary: Meat Secondary: Mana

Copper - Primary: Meat Secondary: Shinies

Falconiform - Primary: Meat Secondary: Shinies

Teimarr - Primary: Meat Secondary: Shinies

Bright Pink - Primary:Meat Secondary: Sweets

Golden Wyvern - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Mana

Deep Sea - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Meat

Ember - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Meat

Grave - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Meat

Waterhorse - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Sweets

Brimstone - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Misc

Pyralspite - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Misc

Shadow Walker - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Mana

White - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Mana

Harvest - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Meat

Fleshcrown - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Shinies

Nhiostrife - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Shinies

Balloon - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Misc

Canopy - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Misc

Tangar - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Misc

Bleeding Moon - Primary: Misc Secondary: Meat

Your dragons should match these. If they do not, or if you've attracted a new species please post it! And if you've been able to do any testing on the tolerate/repulse categories, this would be extremely helpful in differentiating dragons that have the same primary/secondary attractions.

I'll be keeping track of my own info in this post here, as an example.

Day: 1

My Dragon: CB Skywing

Visiting Dragon: Nebula

Attempts:

• 10-10-0-0-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • [9 or less]-10-0-0-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
Notes: If I put too many of the other objects the ratio of magic items gets too small and the nebula gives me the "more mana" message as above. I have not been able to trigger any other breed to appear.

Day: 2

Visiting Dragon: Gold-horned Tangar

Attempts:

• 10-10-0-0-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-20-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 0-0-0-[19 or less]-20 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-20-20 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
Notes: Maxing out each number separately doesn't summon any other species.

Day: 3

Visiting Dragon: Deep Sea

Attempts:

• 0-0-0-20-20 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 0-0-[6 or more]-0-0 - A deep sea dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 0-30-[29 or less]-0-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 0-30-30-0-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
Notes: At just about every point, having more meat than shinies makes the visitor want you to have more shinies. Maxing out each number separately doesn't summon any other species.

Day: 4

My Dragon: Skywing

Visiting Dragon: Balloon

Attempts:

• 0-30-30-0-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets. (This is how I started the day.)
  • 0-0-0-[6 or more]-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 0-0-0-[39 or less]-40 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-40-40 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 40-40-40-40-40 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
Notes: As before, maxing out any of the non-asked items by themselves did not bring a different dragon. I will probably stop doing this test because it is getting quite tedious lol. Other than that, it's pretty obvious we're still not supposed to get a mate we want yet. Also, I'm not quite seeing an effect of the other items on the message? Will possibly have to keep poking at that.

During all of these past ones, I've also just been picking an item at random and placing it the max amount of this, so there's pretty much only ever two types of items in my cave. Right now I've got the purple grapes for sweets and lime green scales for misc items.

Day: 5

My Dragon: Skywing

Visiting Dragon: Black

Attempts:

40-40-40-40-40 - It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana. (does not like items equal)

41-40-40-40-40 - It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

41-41-40-40-40 - It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana. (repulsed by meat)

41-40-41-40-40 - It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. (tolerates shinies)

41-40-40-41-40 - It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. (tolerates sweets)

41-40-40-40-41 - It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. (tolerates misc)

41-40-41-41-41 - It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. (putting primary with all tolerated items gives the same answer)

Edited by helix9

A canopy dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

I'm using GoN here

I've got a pink dragon with 10/10 magic, 0/10 meat, 4/10 shinies, 3/10 sweets, 10/10 misc. I'm wondering if the proportion of your total items you have from each category makes a difference.

A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.

A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.

I have a Golden Wyvern.

A nebula dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

Using a pyralspite with the cave decorated with all magic items.

I used a CB Copper and with 10 of each catagory type, attracted a White.

Doesn't anyone know if theres a way to change which you attract?

I have a Bred/Bitten Vampire Dragon for wooing.

I've currently attracted a Valley Girl Fleshcrown.

Well that's the only explanation for a dragon who keeps flip flopping to the point I have 10/10 of both things she wants but then says she wants more of the item I just removed.

Stay away from the Sweets and Shinies people...

Edited by 413x

Using a holly with cave with 10/10 magic items. Attracted a gold-horned tangar. What is the point of attracting other dragons anyways?

A deep sea dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

I've got a CB lumina with 10/10 shinies and 10/10 meats, and currently 0 of everything else… If I subtract a shiny item, the description above changes so that it says she wants to find a dragon with more shinies…hmm.. lol xd.png

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Using a Magi dragon.

A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.

I am using my Glaucus Drake, The Entrance to Mag Mell

A falconiform wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

Or

A falconiform wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

With 10/10 on both Meat and Shinies, I get the first one. If I remove a shiny, I get the 2nd one... Picky picky...

A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

Using a GoN with 10 Mana, 10 Meat, 10 Shines, 1 Sweet, 10 Misc. ... It seems every time I remove a Mana or Meat, she immediately asks for it again. A little bit confused about the game, perhaps the results will come up later?

Edit: Perhaps tomorrow we'll have more items to add.

Edited by ishlia

I have a misfit, and am having the same problem as Lumos.

A deep sea dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.

Or:

A deep sea dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

And that is annoying me. I'm on 10/10 for meat an shinies, and if I remove a meat, I get the second one. BLAR.

I have a Purple and I keep attracting a Frostbite. Has anyone gotten a Spitfire yet?

I have a Bred/Bitten Vampire Dragon for wooing.

I've currently attracted a Valley Girl Fleshcrown.

Well that's the only explanation for a dragon who keeps flip flopping to the point I have 10/10 of both things she wants but then says she wants more of the item I just removed.

Stay away from the Sweets and Shinies people...

Same thing is happening to me. I have a Radiant Angel and he keeps attracting a Bleeding Moon. I have 10/10 of meats and misc. but she keeps asking for more of misc. and I can't give any more. sad.gif

Here's her quote: "A bleeding moon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."

If I take away from meat she asks for more of meat. Something's wrong here.

Edited by Silent_Vampire

I grabbed a Black Dragon, with 10 in each item. Maxed out....

(If anyone wants to peek at a screenshot, I would love it if you did)

Brown, desert caught copper:

A bleeding moon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.

Only this girl shows up...

I grabbed a Black Dragon, with 10 in each item. Maxed out....

(If anyone wants to peek at a screenshot, I would love it if you did)

Wow, that's a pretty cave.

The Black female should stay there. I would've! xd.png

10 in each category with a GoN:

"A ember dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

I wish there was a faster way of removing the items from the cave instead of one by one. (unless there is and I'm just blind)

edit: 6 shinies and nothing else got me "It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat."

6 shinies 7 meat "It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

7 shinies 7 meat "It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat."

These lady dragons sure are picky.

10 shinies 10 meat "It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat." rolleyes.gif

Edited by Terces

I pick a Bred/Cave Vampire and got a Bleeding Moon dragon right now.

With this:

Magic(3/10)

Meat(10/10)

Shinies(5/10)

Sweets(5/10)

Misc.(10/10)

10 in each category with a GoN:

"A ember dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

I wish there was a faster way of removing the items from the cave instead of one by one. (unless there is and I'm just blind)

I don't see a way either.

By the way... Has anyone attracted a Nhiostrife so far? Or a Glaucus Drake?

same problem as everyone else. maxed out on what this fleshcrown wants, but take one away from one category, she doesn't seem interested. mad.gif so picky!

could it be the type of item? if so, that's way too many choices to try to make a dragon happy. sad.gif i'm wondering if the encyclopedia can be of any help, like the kind of sweets fleshcrowns like, and:

"They will collect large varieties of objects to collect in and around their nest and/or the chosen tree of their nest, and are particularly attracted to shiny and bright objects. These objects are also used as an alternate form of attracting mates."

not as much of a clue as i'd like. very frustrating.

maybe others will have more luck by viewing the encyclopedia?

Edited by eatenbydragons

Dangit a stupid falconiform wyvern keeps wanting either meat or shinies but I maxed out both. How do you 'beat' this?