octopi

Wish Upon A Star [OOC]

This is the OOC thread for Wish Upon A Star, the Pokemon magical girl adventure! It's been approved already, so can a mod please move both this and the IC thread to Other Roleplays? Thank you for your attention!

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

[Ah-hem!]

Woohoo! After several fiascos and lots of procrastination, WUAS is finally up and running! I'm still waiting on a few character sheets, so we won't be starting just yet (I'm thinking this weekend or next Monday, depending), but it will be very soon. In the meantime, here are some things we should address.

First of all, remember to check out the official RP Chatzy! I'll be posting any major updates here, of course, but the Chatzy (and PMs) are where I'm going to conduct most of my communication with my players and plot planning. Communication between the GM and player is very important, after all, and I hope we can all be not only co-writers in this RP but also good acquaintances!

Second: I'm a fledgling GM - in fact, this is going to be the first game I ever GM! I'm very excited about it and I've prepared a ton ahead of time and read a lot of guides on this kind of thing, but in the end, it really comes down to experience. And I've got none of that, plus I know I have a tendency to ignore people's feelings and act oddly. So - if you catch me doing something you're uncomfortable with or you think you have a suggestion for how I can do better, shoot me a quick message! I'll be happy to hear it out. The same goes for plot twists, character arcs, and other such story-related things.

However, this is not a privilege to be abused. I'm autistic, not a doormat, and if you try to force me to change something about the RP just to satisfy your personal whims, don't expect me to stand for it. I regret that I have to state this disclaimer at all, but it's already happened in relation to this RP. If you want to discuss something, do so. But think about what you're saying beforehand.

Third - uh - that's it, I think! I'm really looking forward to doing this with all of you guys. Hopefully it won't die in a week, eheheh!

[Registrations Update]

A new character has been added. Welcome to Team Diancie, Yanique.

Also, a few updates, for those of you who haven't been following the chat: I've gotten signs of interest and even one accepted character sheet from people who haven't contacted me about the RP in ages. This is a significant problem because, since it would make no sense in-story for another Team Diancie character to appear in the middle of the game, I'm going to close signups soon. There will be more opportunities later to submit characters, but you will miss out on a good chunk of the story.

I've PMed a few of these people already but PMing people makes me pretty anxious, so for the rest of you and anyone else who might be interested in joining: January 17th is the deadline. Confirm your interest and, if possible, submit your character sheet before then (although I can wait a few extra days for sheets), or I will unreserve anything I've reserved for you and you will not have another opportunity to join this RP until an unspecified later date.

Okay, we're officially closed now! If you missed the deadline, there will be windows for registration later, but for now all you can do is stalk the threads.

Also, three more characters and a few reserves added.

Man, I'm really sorry for not posting lately. As most of you know, I got out of exams yesterday. As a few of you know, I have FIVE HOURS of math class today. And three tomorrow. And, like, three again on Monday? I don't even know. It's confusing. And as exactly one of you knows, I have also come down with a cold because flu season decided THIS was going to be the year it got me! Yay.

If you are not currently interacting with Togetic, feel free to get another post or two in. You don't have to wait for me. I'll get Togetic (and hopefully the story) moving in a few days.

Pi-face: Ok well if it helps this is what I've been imagining the scene as: people are having a meeting in the lot, suddenly there is a thump outside, once Togetic realizes she's been spotted she just bolts in a straight line away from the lot. 1:59

Pi-face: The people who left to chase her are doing so linearly 1:59

Pi-face: Where they are right now depends on their speed and how many times they've collided with someone else. 2:00

Pi-face: Which is a median of 1, probably. 2:01

Pi-face: Large magical girl collider 2:01

sailing101: And lilly is the Primary collision target 2:02

Pi-face: Togetic has fallen twice 2:02

Pi-face: Lilly tried to attack her; does that count as one? And now Airy crashed into her 2:02

Pi-face: *airy crashed into Lilly. 2:03

sailing101: three times for lilly 2:03

Pi-face: What's the first 2:03

Pi-face: I thought we established that Morgan didn't land on top of Lilly, just near her 2:03

sailing101: But lilly still fell over 2:04

Pi-face: Right. 2:04

Pi-face: Okay so 2:05

Pi-face: Togetic is spotted and runs the heck away 2:05

Pi-face: Lilly follows because she is an enthusiastic cutie 2:05

Pi-face: Morgan follows Lilly, to stop her from transforming in broad daylight 2:06

Pi-face: Togetic collides into Yanique, who was coming from the other direction to the meeting 2:06

Pi-face: Pidove tries to attack Togetic and she retaliates before running again in the same direction as before 2:07

Pi-face: Lilly catches up and tries to attack Togetic and fails 2:07

Pi-face: Sasha, who had been waiting in front of Togetic, sticks out a foot and trips her, Togetic slams into the ground for the second time 2:08

Pi-face: Marian I assume is still close to the lot but she can see Morgan so at some point she moved to the other side of the fence 2:08

Pi-face: Airy crashes into Lilly 2:08

Pi-face: And Togetic is like, censorkip.gif this, I'm gonna baton pass. 2:09

Pi-face: That's it, right 2:09

sailing101: yep 2:10

Pi-face: So the M Team is still reasonably close to the lot 2:10

Pi-face: And everyone else is scattered on the path at various intervals.

Pasting this here. Written explanation of where everyone is/what they're doing, sortof.

Bump. It's been a while! Are you guys all still here? I'd really like to get things moving faster than this.

I'm pretty terrible at nudging people individually, but I'll start doing so soon if this keeps up. The roleplay being closed doesn't mean any of you are immune to kicks. If you're busy with something (and I know a few of my RPers are right now) or if you don't know what else to do and just want the timeskip now, say something. I can't fix things if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Hey, Gildraug. Sam is in a dress right now. Nara probably shouldn't be assuming he's a boy unless he has magical powers.

In fact, this isn't the first time this has happened. Everyone please read everyone else's character sheets and posts carefully okay thank you.

Um, I could use pronouns matching what Sam wants people to see him as if it's too much trouble for everyone else?

I already addressed this in the chat earlier, but for the sake of everyone else: nah, I'd advise against it. It's not your fault if people misread things, anyway.

Since I know some of us are busy with life, I'm just waiting on Mage now and after she gets her post in I will do the timeskip. If you still want to make another post before then, either do it before Mage does or tell me and I can wait.

We've reached the timeskip! Feel free to make another post pre-timeskip if you feel it necessary.

Also, as an OOC note: Togetic does go to HHH, yes, but it would be fairly unlikely for any of our characters to know her personally. If your character is of the proper age to share a class with her, they can mention having seen her before in passing, but if you want to do anything more you should probably contact me beforehand.

Edit: Oh, and when Monday rolls around, I'm going to have a veritable army of minor characters. (How many of them will actually be relevant? Which of them will be actually relevant? Who knows!) If your character is the sociable type and you want them to know some of these kids, we can discuss that over PM or in the chat.

Notice: characters belonging to people who 1. have not given me an excuse for their absence (a passing note in a signature doesn't count, Gildraug) or 2. have informed me that they cannot post in the near future are NOT present at the meeting. If you manage to get in a post before the meeting ends, your character will be late. If you do not, your character missed the meeting for some reason or another. This way, other characters won't get stuck interacting with these people and we can move faster.

Currently, these characters include: Nara, Jade, and Airy.

user posted image

Dear god why did I do this I have HOMEWORK still. Whatever have some AA5 artbook-style tinysprites I love you all

In other news: guys, I'm going to have to ask you to post more often than this. I'll wait a few more days and then send out another wave of PMs. I know you're all busy with life and whatnot, but I would really like to get this going. In particular, if you haven't been in contact with me at all (through PM, posting in the RP, or chat) for a while, there's a good chance you might be kicked soon if you don't speak up.

Okay, new rule.

If someone is waiting on you to post and your last post was two weeks ago, I reserve the right to move your character out of the way for you.

If your character is in the middle of something and you know you're going to be away, please please please tell me about it so we can work something out. I'm probably going to screw up your carefully constructed characterization if I have to resort to this, alright?

So uh, y'all remember Morgan's twenty cats? No? Well all of their names are puns and a family tree has been made. It may be helpful to check this chart out if you ever get confused by the names (which you probably will).

Look at this glorious picture Pi made.

Leaving this here for future reference.

I realize I have been rather slow with making posts in the RP recently, A lot has been going on at home for the past few weeks and I haven't had as much energy for writing posts. I've received some prodding from Pi, and I explained my case, but the response I've been getting has been less than encouraging.

As I understand, Most RP's are formed for people to have fun writing together, but they also form an obligation for everyone involved to participate equally, and support each other. I fully understand this. However, somewhere along the way, WUAS just stopped being fun for me. My last few posts have taken more effort out of me than I'd of liked for the length they were, and Pi has been very vocal that my writing is not up to her standard. I have tried time and again to come out with something that meet some form of approval, but I can never pull through enough.

I'm sorry Pi, but I just can't continue with WUAS if all I get in return is Toxic feedback. I can't keep forcing myself to go through this every time I am trying to write a post.

Well, if you want to go public with this...

I'm sorry if what I've said has hurt you; I acknowledge that I'm pretty bad at the whole social thing and, guys, this is yet another reminder to tell me immediately if anything I'm doing at all makes you uncomfortable. However, I don't think it's fair to classify what I've said as toxic. Yes, sometimes life punches you in the face, and it'd be pretty unreasonable to expect you to pump out regular posts when that happens - but that also happened to two of my other players, both of whom contacted me about it and we came to satisfying compromises. I was entirely unaware of your situation until a few minutes ago. You consistently didn't do something that, at least from where I'm standing, was pretty clearly expected of you, and that's not going to fly in this project no matter how good of a reason you had.

Sorry to see you go, then. Would you like me to save your character sheets and/or reserved pokemon in case things get better for you by the time the second round of acceptances starts?