Golden

The Dragon Breeders Cave - Hatcheries Closing

DBC is unfortunately closing it's hatchery and ER. The coding is so out of date the cleaners have crashed, and we have no hatchery coders on staff any longer. It's been a very long run, but we are going to close them. Thanks for the years are participating in our hatcheries! I will try and maintain the forum as long as possible for the private caves and all the work that went into them, the items stored there, but please save your work in another location in case the forum is closed as well.  Thanks again ~Golden

✿ Forum available

✿ Shoutbox available for ease of trading and chatting

✿ Personal caves of 4 boards available for storing your *stuff* 

Please note: If you ever have difficulty registering (we have both captcha and security questions to prevent spam bots) please post here or PM me directly, I try and visit here daily.

Thanks goldensunrise aka Golden

Edited by Golden

Lovely place with a wonderful community smile.gif

If you're not good with fourm that has too many people, DBC is the right choice for ya biggrin.gif

People on here are amazing and won't hesitate to help ^^

Come join us~~

The perfect low person solution to a way to "big and busy" forum. Great place biggrin.gif

Certainly is a place where you can find yourself fitting in and not getting lost in the shuffle.

The army challenges are tons of fun and the community is really friendly and helpful. Gotta love DBC! ^^

DBC is my home away from home - and definitely the keeping place of Clan Mystal, and all my darling dragons!

I have been a member there for years and am very fond of the close-knit family atmosphere I've felt there! smile.gif

It looks like we forgot to update here but due to a nasty spam bot invasion we've had to switch membership to admin approval only so it may take a bit for new members to get approved right now. Definitely worth the wait if I do say so myself. smile.gif

Oh Nerruse, I fixed that. They can join w/o admin approval now they just have to answer at least one DC related security question. =)

We've just started up our own DBC records for things like most of a given breed, longest lineage, etc. Maybe it's just me but it's a lot of fun knocking Pink other members off the top of the lists. tongue.gif

Hey All,

It looks like there is a bug in the public ER. Yesterday, someone put four CB Gold eggs in there. They were at 7 days when added. So, they all got sick and died. Clearly this was intentional.

As a test, I just added a hatchie to the public ER. Right now, it's at 6 Days, 4 hours. I'd wanted to remove it, but didn't see an option to do so in the ER. I removed it from the main hatchery...but that is all I could do. It does look like the auto-removal system did get it outta there.

So it looks like two bugs here:

--Able to add dragons of any age to the public ER.

--No option to remove dragons/eggs from public ER. (Unless this is intentional, unsure of this!)

Anywho, just wanted to let y'all know. I do have a membership; just need to post on the forums. I really dig this hatchery, so thank you for creating it!

That's terrible. =/ People sure do like to ruin things, don't they? Although I doubt they'd have gotten enough views from us alone to viewbomb successfully...they must have really gone all out.

I've copied your post over to our staff board at DBC to make sure it gets seen and addressed. Thank you for bringing this up so we can take a look at it!

Yes any dragon can be added until the auto cleaner catches it and tosses it. I just realized myself that there is no way to remove them without me doing it manually from the server. I tried to fix it and got php errors. Unfortunately our coder Zami has been MIA lately for personal reasons. While I built the forum, she is the php whiz. Will see if I can get her after I give it one more attempt.

In the meantime I will turn up the auto-cleaner to remove them quicker, pretty sure I can manage that without breaking it. If I can not (or I break it) I will disable it until I can reach Zamirathe.

Thanks for the heads up, sad that someone intentionally is killing other's rares. If I had noticed it while the dead eggs were still in the ER I probably would have been able to see in the database who entered them and reported it.

Edit:

I've set it up so the eggs get kicked out within a minute if they are fogged or are over the accepted time. If you need to remove your own you simply fog them and they will auto-remove within a minute.

Prior to this they would be kicked out within 15 minutes. So if the eggs died the perpetrator doubtless added them to every hatchery they could.

Edited by goldensunrise

Just a quick note to say that since I have been around more lately I've reopened the cave application thread. Just in case someone was interested. Starter caves are 4 boards. 

I'm aware that the ER is having issues (the cleaner is wiping it out at each run), however I don't have time today to look into it fully as my in-laws are here. Will look into it as soon as time permits!

Appears to have corrected, will check in on it later! 

Edited by Golden

We have an issue with the lineage builder atm. AoND seems to be having similar issues. It seems to be an API issue, but we're looking into it. 

The code fundamentally still works on our end, but now I want to rewrite everything and make it all... better. Ugh. 

Edited by Pink
Ranting

19 hours ago, Pink said:

We have an issue with the lineage builder atm. AoND seems to be having similar issues. It seems to be an API issue, but we're looking into it. 

The code fundamentally still works on our end, but now I want to rewrite everything and make it all... better. Ugh. 

Fixed! =)

All fixed! Carry on, folks. 😃

There seems to be an issue with the DBC's hatchery. TJ is apparently making some changes. We no longer have experienced coders for such an event, so this likely could mean the end of DBC's hatcheries. If that happens, I will provide instead links to more functional and updated hatcheries that are keeping pace with the changes, and leave the forums/caves intact. 

Sorry everyone! My limited coding knowledge that got the DBC started in 2008 is no longer sufficient! ~Golden

Edited by Golden

Try changing all http:// to https:// for any dragcave access?

Yes, I saw that he was changing over. I will try, and see if that works first before disabling anything. 😃

Ok, I am stunned that it was that simple, I thought it would be more involved, but yes hatchery is working now. Thanks Ruby Eyes! 

This post is a bit late, but I've started doing contests again at the DBC. Right now we are in the midst of a month long army building contest for the month of May, with another planned for July. The forum is very very lightly active again after a long dry spell of basically no time on my part to moderate. So that said, all are welcome, whether you're an old member or newer members, feel free to join us for a no-stress quarantine reliever. Thanks G

Please note announcement in the main post. The hatcheries have errors and are CLOSING. Thanks! ~G

super sorry to see dbc go. my dragons thank you for all the hatching/growing help over the years! ❤