angelicdragonpuppy

Export All Descriptions

It'd be nice if there was some way to export all of your approved descriptions into some type of text format so you can save them. I used to save all of mine, got sidetracked, and now I've got about a thousand plus on site only. So a way to easily yank those to store them would be appreciated!

What she^ said.

All of it.

(Yes even the part about the thousand or so unsaved descrips.)

So no surprise really but +1 from me.

Yes please. And if possible export the name that the description is attached to as well.

Oh gosh, this would be awesome.

I'm still on track with my own manual saving and at the rate I currently write descriptions I suspect I'll never lag behind, but this feature still sounds super useful. Would love to see this. smile.gif

I write my handful of descriptions offsite anyway, but I wouldn't mind this as an option for those who do need it. The description system needs changes and updates anyway, so options like this are good to consider.

Absolutely support. The way descriptions work needs something of an overhaul anyway, so this would be a great thing to include in such a project.

Full support. This would be an amazing feature.

I don't understand - why do you feel the need to save your descriptions off-site?

^

If I want to check whether any of my descriptions have got any comments, check to see if I need to edit anything, then I need to be able to find the dragons I described. If I can't remember which ones I've described then it would be nice to be able to check on a list, not have to go through the actions > describe pages of each dragon on your scroll.

Edited by MessengerDragon

I don't understand - why do you feel the need to save your descriptions off-site?

I can't say I feel a need - but I imagine if you have a story or a clan thing going, when you write a new one, you might need to see what went before and so on ?

I've only got maybe 5 or 6 described dragons but I do think this is a good idea for people who enjoy describing all their dragons. This has my full support!

I only have one described dragon, but I have a bunch of others pending and I can see how useful this could be for people that have hundreds. I can see myself using this once more of mine get approval.

Well, first and foremost is my raging paranoia that Bad Things Do Happen. I have over 3,000 described dragons--representing literally hundreds of hours of writing time--which are unfortunately stored nowhere other then on cyberspace due to my having lost track of saving them fairly early along the way. If some weird glitch were to happen and make me lose them, I would be very unhappy. Now, granted, the odds of something like that are low and in all likelihood nothing more than ADP crazy talk, but weird things DO happen on DC from time to time--almost all the Z coded dragons got erased at one point, a few months back I heard about rejected descriptions vanishing rather than staying put (which can be a pain if it was rejected for minor things like using 'you'), and of course there are always rumors about dragons switching genders or going missing. Makes me nervous!

On a less "the end is nigh" note, having them all nicely stuffed into a word doc would make it much easier to seek out descriptions I remember without remembering the name of the dragon attached, to compare related dragon's descriptions, and to seek out certain themes than it is to do so by opening all my dragon's pages one by one.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

but weird things DO happen on DC from time to time--almost all the Z coded dragons got erased at one point, a few months back

blink.gif

WHUT ? a mere few MONTHS back ? I heard about the data loss years ago but not that. Have I lost a lot then ??? I am a Z person (see sig !) WHEN was this ? (Seriously - I need to know, now !)

I have to say I do actually have a database of all my dragons in case of bad things, actually - except description !

Edited by fuzzbucket

blink.gif

WHUT ? a mere few MONTHS back ? I heard about the data loss years ago but not that. Have  I lost a lot then ??? I am a Z person (see sig !) WHEN was this ? (Seriously - I need to know, now !)

I have to say I do actually have a database of all my dragons in case of bad things, actually - except description !

You misread that. Colours by me:

almost all the Z coded dragons got erased at one point, a few months back I heard about rejected descriptions vanishing rather than staying put

So no, your z-dragons should be fine! smile.gif

You misread that. Colours by me:

So no, your z-dragons should be fine! smile.gif

WHEW ! Thanks smile.gif

Technically, it was the lowercase x, y and z codes that got deleted. Uppercase Z codes weren't affected. But I think that was back when codes were still 4 digits?

Still, a button to save approved and/or pending descriptions would be awesome, even though I don't have many.

Edited by Ruby Eyes