Shelybear

Holiday banners

I am not sure if this was suggested and denied years before. I searched, but failed to find the same topic. So if I have done something wrongly, please let me know.

I know the banners are used to separate the eggs from last year so new users don't have any of them. I also know I can recall the year of eggs if I keep playing next year. But why not give new users a banner as well? Since it changes year to year, I would be glad to have a banner at the top, even it is the first Easter hunting for me. Maybe you could call it another type of collection, apart from Easter eggs. <3

This is my own opinion, though.

Some advice:

1. We need a banner for 2010.. and the year 2010 should be included in the art

2. The year should be added to the banners for 2011, 2012 and 2013

3. Banners should only be available for the years that one participates, starting with the first year of participation

EDIT:

This topic was posted on Easter but now comes Halloween. The same problem still trouble me and I think they are the same thing so there's no need to open another thread requesting for "Halloween banners"...Therefore I edited the title of this thread to make it more general.

Edited by Shelybear

That. And maybe make old eggs available for people who don't have them yet. *sigh* I missed last year's egg hunt due to being on vacation, and it really irks me because I've made sure to have every single egg from every single egg hunt before then.

Well I personally will not ask for previous eggs back. It is frustrating for having none of them but is it me that missed them. That's my own issue. It is a pity, though.

But I think the banner request is reasonable..?

Anyway, let's see if someone else has better suggestion <3

I love this idea, mostly because I get a lot of requests to breed holiday dragons based on the fact that people see the '2010 egg festival' icon, and assume I've been around to collect all of them. I haven't, and I imagine it must be frustrating to someone who just joined yesterday to have a banner that reads 2010 on it.

Edit:// a simple way of fixing this would just be to remove the '2010' bit

Edited by kecemis

I want the Easter banner too!

I am also new to the Easter Festival. At the beginning of this event, I used to think that I don't have a banner because my browser has bug...Until I find this post, and realize that every newbie doesn't have a banner either...

I think this idea is reasonable. Unlike egg collection, banner is more about aesthetic and commemorative, rather than collectomania.

Edited by SunSunSun

Eh. It's always been meant as a separator, so it doesn't really make sense to give it out before that's necessary, but I too wish for the banner I missed (I missed the first FoE, so am missing that banner). ;p

I guess if it was just automatically added under your eggs, then it would be a separator for next year. But I don't see this as a big deal or anything I really, really want.

This year's banner has the date, which I think is kind of cool. It would be rather nice to have the banner +date above each year's eggs. Then, instead of just being used to separate each year's eggs from the next it also labels each set of eggs by year.

The first Festival of Eggs doesn't have a banner though. One would have to be created.

My old idea was to have all the separators shown. But for the years you didn't get eggs, there would be nothing in between the banners. It seemed to be the most logical solution.

This  year's banner has the date, which I think is kind of cool. It would be rather nice to have the banner +date above each year's eggs. Then, instead of just being used to separate each year's eggs from the next it also labels each set of eggs by year.

The first Festival of Eggs doesn't have a banner though. One would have to be created.

I second this. Date in banner is a good idea so banner then is not only a seperator but also a mark. If one could be created for the first year's, it would be great. At least I see no reason to refuse it.

My old idea was to have all the separators shown. But for the years you didn't get eggs, there would be nothing in between the banners. It seemed to be the most logical solution.

I guess some will get mad with nothing between those banners.

Edited by Shelybear

Maybe the banner can be set to only show if you did join in that year's event?

Date in banner is a good idea so banner then is not only a seperator but also a mark.

I agree with you as banner has become a reminder of when you participate this event, not only a separator anymore.

Edited by SunSunSun

I agree completely. It makes sense to me that a banner released in 2014 is available to players who participate in 2014.

Dragon Cave has always been very art-centered. In addition to collecting the dragons, players care about the art itself in all forms - badges, holiday hunts, even using lineages to "collect" spriters' alts. In that way the banner is almost like another egg: it's pretty, and players want to collect it.

I don't think anyone would complain if they had a pretty banner with no eggs above it. smile.gif

This was my first Festival of Eggs, even though I've been around a while. I was very disappointed to realize I didn't have this year's banner just because I didn't participate any years before.

It does seem silly that users that participate in a given year can't get all the sprited art released that year. I've never really understood the: well you don't have anything to separate so you don't need it mentality. Why is that a reason to deny some people from collecting in cave art for a time when they were participating? (and I'm not asking for myself either, I have a full collection of festival of eggs from all 5 years, and trick or treat bag for Halloween) and I still feel it would be more fair to get the banners the year they are released. rather than, only if you were also here the previous year.

I support this. I've been here for all the Easter events so I have all the banners and I didn't know that you guys weren't getting the banner for the first year you hunted. I think that's unfair. There wasn't a banner for the first year, which I'm fine with. But all new players for the subsequent years should get the new banner in my opinion.

I thought that the new banner was automatically placed at the top of each set of eggs, not that "newbies" didn't get the banner at all. That's a gip.

Although I agree that a banner should be place on top of all your eggs, regardless if it's your first hunt, I completely disagree with having ALL the banners for ALL the ones you missed. It's messy and pointless. Also, that's a lot more coding, loading and stress on the server that just isn't necessary for a once a year event.

You get at least one egg, you get that year's banner. Simple. I'd like to see that.

If I had a bunch of banners for all the past years I'd missed, with nothing under them, it would emphasise to me all the *eggs* I didn't get, and it would feel maybe a bit less happy for me than the "yay let's get more art" intention in the thread.

But I was thinking, maybe if our basket was just the most recent year, with the banner sprite above it, and there were subpages for each past year? That way we could go to each page and see the header art (and any eggs) if we wanted to. I have thought in the past that subpages would be good for some other things so that's why I thought of it here. It might cause some other problems, like if people just wanted to see all their eggs from all years on one page, but I thought I'd throw it out there for potential brainstorming purposes.

I've been here for every Easter event and as far as I know, I have every egg from each event.

3. Banners should only be available for the years that one participates, starting with the first year of participation

I've been here for every Easter event and as far as I know, I have every egg from each event.

This all makes a lot of sense to me.

It makes sense to me, too.

I personally will stand on having the specific banner(with date) of the year I participated in.

Thanks for conclusion. Do you want me to add it into opening post?

Edited by Shelybear

I don't really care if the year is added to the banner itself. That's the artists' decision. So long as it says the year somewhere then it's fine, but you could also just learn which banner corresponds to which year.

It makes sense to me, too.

I personally will stand on having the specific banner(with date) of the year I participated in.

Thanks for conclusion. Do you want me to add it into opening post?

You may if you wish to smile.gif

It's not something I lose sleep over, but I'd like to have the banner for the first year I collected. It never made sense to me why first-year collectors don't get that year's banner.

Also it would be nice to remove the '2010' from the Easter Basket badge. It seems low priority, but when someone with access to make the change has a minute... cool.gif

As I said in OP, the banners problem is still here. So please let me make this thread not specifically limited for Easter banners by changing the title...

Edited by Shelybear