Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt

user posted image

Storyline

It has been over 15 years after the evil teams that threatened the world were defeated. In each region, brave pokemon trainers stood against them, ultimately stopping their evil plots and with them stopping the Legendary Pokemon in each region to be used as their tools. Today, in the Broskii Region, a region bigger than the far regions of Kanto and Johto and so many other better known regions, those Legends who were once used as tools of evil plots have found shelter in its vast and diverse habitats. Pokemon like Zekrom, Entei and even Groudon have been spotted from time to time, visiting the region without causing any harm to anyone. But in the past few months legends have been seen to act strangely, and to remain at Broskii longer than they use to. Some even say they have seen this mythic pokemon attacking others for no apparent reason, but if this is true, what could be the reason of this?

Now, you as a young new trainer, in this new region, you prepare yourself to start your own journey, the excitement of finally leaving your home to fulfil your dream of becoming a pokemon trainer/coordinator/other is so much that not even the rumors of Legends attacking randomly in the wild will stop you from your goal. You arrive at Nut Town to visit Prof. Pine who has invited all of those who want to start their own to visit him so he provides them with their starter pokemon and everything you need to beggin with.

Rules

1.- Character Applications, doubts and every OOC comments goes in the OOC Thread, DO NOT post OOC comments here, we don't want to get all confused when reading OOC Comments on other people's post.

2.- Even when the name of the RP is "Legends Revolt" you cannot say you saw a legendary pokemon here or there. It will be only allowed when and if Imake any legend appear where your character can see it.

3.- Be polite. This is probably the most importat rule. I will not tolerate disrespectful behavior to me or any of the RPers, this means no spamming the thread if you get angry because something didn't worked out as you expected. Also, I will not tolerate racism, sexism or any homophobic or any other type of hateful comments here, remember we all here come from different places, etnicities and everyone has different orientations, so even if you don't like something or someone, be respectful and if you can't, limit yourself to not interact with that person.

4.- Be active, this RP I created to have fun with everyone in the forum who likes this world and it can not sty alive on its own, we need active RPers to keep it alive. By the way, the password is "tortillas". So please, if you join, try to stay active.

5.- No godmodding, nobody likes perfect characters, and no characters are liked by everyone else. So when creating your character, have him/her have flaws, limitants, anything that make them unique. Same goes with your pokemon, even if you have a Salamence and its pokedex description has it being able to destroy entire cities on his own, that will not happen here, after all, this is a RP, is for us to use our imagination and thus, no matter how strong a pokemon looks, it will almost never do a 1 Hit KO.

6.- When encoutnering other RPers, stick to event you both witnessed. This means, do not talk about a Gym Battle where your character was not present, even if read it, if your character haven't seen itthen do not talk about it in the RP.

7.- If you won't be able to stay active for some period of time, like a week, weekend,holidays, etc. Throw me a PM or post it here, that way we will now your character won't be able to do anything on its own and I'll take care of moving them (if necessary) to where it should be.

8.- If the RP grows and extends as I expect it to be, I will be needing some people to help me modding it. when the time comes, I'll ask for someone, an active and skilled RPer to help me with this.

9.- No short posts. I don't want and will not tolerate one liners. Be as creative as you can, I know there could be times where your character mightonly say one or two words, but that doesn't mean you will only post one or two words, take your time to think about the post and describe as much as you can in your posts.

10.- Lastly, move at your own pace. This means, do not get from Town A to Town B in one post. Imagine Routes in the pokemon world as the interstate roads of your country, they are huge right? You wouldn't be able to go from one City to the next injust one day right? Well, that is the same here, you can't go from one town to the next in the blink of an eye, so take your time and if you want to camp on the way, feel free to do it, I won't hurry you to get to a certain place unless an Event happens and even then, it will depend if you want to be a part of said event.

Character Sheet

If you want to join, please fill this out and post it at the OOC Thread so we don't have OOC Comments interfering with the RP.

[B]Name:[/B] Your Character's name
[B]Age:[/B] Your Character's Age (10-17)
[B]Gender:[/B] Self explanatory
[B]Appearance:[/B] Describe what your character looks like (images are ok but optional)
[B]Personality:[/B] Describe your characters personality
[B]Affiliation:[/B] What is your charactor's job or its aim in life? (This may include any of the following: Trainer, Coordinator, Contestant (attends pokemon contests), Breeder, Explorer, any Former Team Villianous Team Operative [Team Rocket, Plasma, Aqua, Magma, Flare, Galaxy].
[B]History:[/B] A brief history of your character. If they are not from the Broskii Region why did they moved there. Any important events in his/her life goes here.
[B]Starter Choice:[/B] Will be randomized. You can request any pokemon (up to 3) which will be tossed into the pile of pokemon to increase your chances of getting it. Even if they don't appear, I'll try to add a pokemon with similar characteristics to any of your requests. You may also ask for a specific Type instead of pokemon, but you may only request 1 type instead of 3 pokemon.
[B]Password:[/B] Provide the password to prove you've read the rules.
[B]RP EXAMPLE:[/B] Just provide a small example of an RP you participated in or maybe even create something completely new out of your imagination, this is for me to see how you write.

OOC Thread

Edited by RyuKaiser

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image Town

user posted image City

user posted image Special Location

user posted image

1.- Nut Town - First town of the region. In here most new trainers start their journey and is here where they get their starter pokemon from Professor Pine. To the west, Prof. Pine's Lab stads, a massive building of 600 m2 and an even alrger ranch to house all the pokemon he takes care of, both for investigation as well as trainer's pokemon.

2.- Pring Town - The first town you reach after leaving Nut Town. In here an annual Battle Tournament is held in which trainers from all over the region, seasoned and freshmen as well participate in the tournament. It is recognized for its rare rewards to the winners as well as for every participant. Pring Town is also the home of a Former Champion of the broskii Pokemon League.

3.- Avent City - A Port City. This is the first and a forced scale toall those who want to start their own journey at the Broskii Region. Avent City is a large city which's main income comes from hotels and ports, both air and sea. It is not know for much more than to recieve the visitors from other regions into the region and guide them to their next destination.

*World Map Thumbnailed due to its size.

Edited by RyuKaiser

Tom

It was 9:00 am in the morning and the first glimpse of light that came through the window, normally it would get to his face and force him to wake up, but not today, today Tom had waken up early, by this time he was already downstairs having breakfast with his mother, his last in who knows how much time. After bidding the emotive farewell, the green haired boy took his backpack, the one which he so carefully he had prepared last night and walked out the door. The boy turned around just to see his mother waving the goodbye on the two stories white house's gateway, on the matching colored fence, his Herdier barked at him with sadness in its eyes, the pokemon knew Tom would be gone for a long time and even when it loved Tom's mother, it would miss the boy. As he walked through the streets of Nut Town he smiled at every neighbor he found, for them it was odd to see him around so early, but it was to expect, he was probably the most excited one to start his journey today. Tom checked his Xtransceiver for it to be well adjusted, he did not wanted it unzip from his wrist and get broken, not now that he'd need it the most. He would've rather have a Holo Caster, but since they were really expensive, plus the obvious reason why they stopped making them some time ago, he had to settle with the Xtransceiver.

After a few more blocks of walking he ad gotten to his destination, the large one story building in the west outskirts of the town. Prof. Pine's Lab was easily a a 60m wide building and maybe 10m or so in depth giving the rather young man, for a Pokemon Professor, a wide area to work with, and he sure made use of it. Plus the long fence that marked the rest of the area, most of it going towards the back of the building, a vast area for pokemon, pokemon that Prof. Pine studied and took care of the same, after all, almost everyone who started their journey came to him, and if they did not have where to keep their pokemon, they sent them over to him. Tom smiled, so far he had only watched the building on the outside, but today, he would go inside for the first time. The boy turned around to see more youngling coming to the Lab, surely they were here to start thier journey as well, but he was going to be the first today. With a smile on his face, the boy pressed the doorbell, triggering the screen on top of it to display the image of the pokemon professor "yes?" the mas asked casually "hello Prof. Pine, my name is Tom, I'm here to get my starter today" the boy replied. The man on the monitor smiled "well it seems you're the first one to arrive Tom, please come in" he answer, unlocking the door. Tom nodded and stepped forward as the doors slided open, he was finally inside of the Prof.'s Lab.

Once he was inside, the doors closed behind Tom. "follow the corridor" Prof. Pine's voice echoed through a loudspeaker near the entrace. Tom nodded, even though nobody could see him, but he did nod. The boy followed the corridor and arrived to a rather large room with a closet, two tables and a big machine in the middle. On one of the doors, a collection of Pokedex's were, all from different colors, something that intrigued Tom as he thought all Pokedex were of a fixed red color. On the second one, digital pad laid, with various sets of pokeballs in it. Tom then moved to the machine, it was just as big as the Pokemon Trading Machine was, but its design was completely different, two slots in the middle, the one on the left seemed like a fingerprint scaner, but it was big enough for a hand to fit in. To its right, the second slot seemed more like a reciepient for pokeballs, but there were none near themachine. On top of them, three white screens, each with a red button under them. "well, it seems you've found my PSS Machine" said a voice. Tom turned around to see prof. Pine had arrived to the room as well. "PSS" he asked intrigued. "yeah, Pokemon Selection System or PSS ofor short" replied the Professor. "you see, since her in broskii we have such a wide variety of pokemon, I thought giving new trainers the option of 3 fixed pokemon like they do in other regions, wouldn't be fair, I believe we should take advantage of our bigger variety of pokemon and use them as potential starter pokemon to young trainers" he continued. Tom looked perplex, so far he wasn't sure he understood it right, but it seemed that this machine would allow him to choose a wider variety of pokemon, instead of the regular "Fire, Grass, Water" they had in every other region. "and how does it determine which pokemon to display then?" the boy asked, now more intrigued than before. "well, that is the beauty of it, this machine reads your hand's fingerprint, and not only that, it reads your personality through some complex, and not so interesting process, allowing it to give you a more fitting and closer to your personality partner choices, this means, it reads what type of pokemon would suit you better as your starter and displays them on those three screens you have there, and once all of them are displayed, you can choose the pokemon you want as your starter, amazing isn't it?" ended up the man with a tone of excitement in his voice. Tom smiled, even when he was not sure he had gotten it right, he understood that his pokemon options would be pokemon fitting to his persona, something that excited him. Pine noted the smile on the boy's face "well, lets not loose any more time, go ahead young one" he said. Tom nodded and placed his hand at the machine's scaner, as soon as he did, a green light passed through it, and once it was done, the three white screens on the machine started displaying different pokemon shades, moving from top to bottom, a lot like a casi slot machine. Soon enough, Tom would know what pokemon the machine would offer for him to choose as his starter.

Edited by RyuKaiser

Larien was already up in the small house she had rented nearby Nut Town in order to get acquainted with the Broski region itself before she started her journey. Partly. It was also due to her arriving a few days earlier than the official day new pokemon would be handed out for anyone wanting to become a trainer here. But Larien didn't mind that. She loved sight-seeing as much as she loved spending time with new pokemon, as well as her old friends she left back in the Johto region.

Being up by four in the morning, however, wasn't exactly normal. For Larien it was though. She always woke up exceedingly early for some reason. Or, if it so happened she stayed up late- which happened more often than not- and was up near 4, she likely would not sleep. Which she was fine with too. She'd proven she can function relatively fine without a few days sleep. At least at home.

But today, today was Larien's 'big day' as her mother would say. Again. Larien had already become a trainer and received the badges to prove it. She would have completed her journey in Johto had she not wanted that journey to last longer. She was really taking a break instead of fighting her way through the last gym and the Pokemon League there. Her original goal to become one of the best trainers there were still stood. Nobody said you had to beat every gym in a region before you moved off to another region. She'd go back to Johto eventually and finish it, and then move on to Kanto or maybe Hoenn. Perhaps Sinnoh. Maybe even Unova. But for now she set her sights on the Broksii region. Which meant starting anew. Her beloved team had been left behind in Professor Oak's care; with one except. Weepinbell, her first pokemon, had been left with her mother after she decided to move. Due to a mishap somewhat early on in her journey, the poor pokemon had been afraid to battle much after that and he seemed better suited to live in peace with her mother instead of training, and possibly causing more stress, with Professor Oak. One day she would go back to him. Or send him here perhaps; if she could ever convince him that battling was really going to be alright ever again.

"Thank you again Mrs Lemonsky!" Larien called, fixing her bag around her shoulder once more as she walked out of the house's door. She waved to the kind old lady before heading off. "The rent's on the counter." She said with a smile to make sure Mrs Lemonsky knew. With a nod, Larien could tell that her journey was accepted and ready to start fully now that the debt was paid. She couldn't wait! "Weepinbell, I'm doin' this for you buddy! We'll show those Team Rocket idiots who not to mess with again sometime. Just you and I. Like old times!" She yelled confidently to the sky before running in the direction Nut Town was.

It took a little to get there even though the outskirts of the town was where she had rented the house. But Larien knew the lab once she spotted it. She also spotted a few others going inside, and followed their example. The corridor was a little odd. The Lab itself was a bit different from Prof Oak's own lab, though the atmosphere held some similar qualities.

She stayed quiet, listening as a young male named Tom was talked to by the Prof on how the giant machine worked. She watched, intently, as the machine worked similar to the slots in Johto to determine the correct pokemon. This was going to be extremely fun it seemed. Larien barely could contain her excitement as she stepped up to the machine and pressed her hand on the scanner.

Zein hopped off the plane, while it was still in the air, but only about five, or ten feet. Why? Because he rolled that way that's why. He needed to take a taxi to get to Professor Pine's lab, so that's exactly what he did. He hopped into a cab, and drove south to Nut Town. The taxi driver made multiple attempts to talk to him, but he simply ignored him. After all, he did have a heart of ice. The taxi driver finally got to Zein's last nerve, so he graced him with short responses.

"So you're heading to Professor Pine's lab?"

"Yep," he said, shrugging.

"So you're a new trainer?"

"Not even close"

"So you're one of those strong youngsters, looking for a challenge in the Broskii League?"

"Basically"

"What region did you come from?"

"Sinnoh."

"Please, tell me about your Pokemon!"

"I have four Pokemon, and Frosslass, Weavile, Chandelure, and Goodra."

"Really now?"

"Isn't that what I just said!?" said Zein irritadely

"Sorry"

Zein simply shrugged.

"So how many badges did you have in Sinnoh."

"5, but it was too easy. So I quit."

"Oh."

"Yep"

The rest of the taxi ride was silent, the driver occasionally glancing at Zein inquisitively. Zein ignored him, and put his beats on and listened to music. Zein arrived at Professor Pine's lab, in Nut Town. It was huge. Zein payed the taxi driver, and he held his hand out for a tip. Zein simply took a dollar back from the taxi driver, stating "That's for irritating me the whole car ride."

The taxi driver simply chuckled, and drove off.

Zein entered, following two people, who didn't look much older than him. He knew how this worked. He didn't need to be told what to do, Candace, his only friend, told him for him. He simply walked forward, ignoring whatever came through the intercom by listening to his music, and placed his hand on the scanner, waiting for his options to pop up. He hoped for something powerful.

Icarus yawned and sat up in bed. He rubbed his eyes and got up. Still slightly drowsy, he staggered to the bathroom and washed his face. He brushed his teeth and walked back to his room to change. Soon, he stepped out of his bedroom door wearing a white shirt, with a picture of a Braviary's head drawn in black. He put on his pants and socks, and ran downstairs.

Icarus stopped at the breakfast table. He looked around and sighed. His parents were gone again. Probably left early in the morning on important business. Dejected, he took a glass of milk and an orange berry from the fridge. After he was done with breakfast, he burped, washed his hands, and went to the door. He picked up his backpack along the way.

Finally putting on his blue shoes, he ran out to the pokemon lab. Opening the doors, he stepped in to see three others in the lab. They looked to be around the same age as him. He smiled and approached them." Hi! I'm Icarus. It's nice to meet you." He extended a hand to whoever would shake it.

Dana bounced in his seat. He'd already spent an hour staring out the window, imagining himself walking out there with a Pokemon or six of his own, and checked his backpack (which he had filled with potions, Pokeballs, and anything else he owned that could be potentially useful and a few things that were not) at least a million times. So, with nothing else left to do, Dana turned his attention forward.

"I waited two extra days for you, you know. I hope you appreciate that."

Dana's mother turned her attention from the steering wheel to him and chuckled. "Of course I do, it's your big day. I'm so sorry I had to make you wait. You know I'd just have to say goodbye in person. It just wouldn't be the same otherwise, hmm? Even for you."

Dana smiled. This was something of a game between the two of them, seeing who couldn't stand the pretentiousness first, and maybe he was trying to invoke tradition to ease his nerves a little but so what? It didn't mean he wasn't excited. "Yeah. Still though! You couldn't have, I dunno, rescheduled it? It's not like your boss is that much of a jerk, and you guys know this was important - "

"We're here."

Dana let out a whoop of excitement and plastered himself against the window. Professor Pine's lab was even bigger than the pictures from its website made it seem. He grabbed his bag and rifled through it one last time - not that it would have made a difference if you realized you forgot anything now, his mind commented, and he told it to shut up because this was his big day and he wasn't going to let anyone ruin that even if it was himself. His mom opened the car door for him and he half-jumped, half-stumbled out, one hand still in his bag. He opened his mouth to formulate a goodbye when he was suddenly enveloped in a bone-crushing hug.

"I'll miss you. Have fun."

"Me too. And I will."

"Call us every day. Every hour if you can manage it."

"Geez, mom! I won't have time for that!" He batted at her hair and both of them laughed. "Alright, go on, then," his mom said, crossing her arms and faking a nonchalant expression. "I'm hoping to drive back sometime today, if you please."

He pulled his arm out of his bag (dislodging a Pokeball, which he hastily stuffed back inside) and bowed, before turning around and stepping through the front door. A few people were there already, and he stepped forward to join them. "Hello!"

Zein looked at Icarus, in disgust, essentially scoffing at him, and shrugged and turned up his music higher. He didn't know this boy. Why the heck was he talking to him? Was this an attempt to be friendly. What was he, that taxi cab driver's son? People had no idea of keep to themselves. He was from the northernmost region, he didn't need this "friendliness." He do well on his own.

Everyone

Since everyone gathered at the Lab, I'll be posting your starter choices for everyone. For now, interact among yourselves as you please and when you're ready go choose your pokemon. On Tom's section i'll state what happens after you've chosen your pokemon. Evrything that Pine gives Tom he'll give to your characters too.

TOM

Prof. Pine watched intently how the slots each slowed down, ultimately revealing Tom's choices:

Bidoof - The Plump Mouse Pokémon. With nerves of steel, nothing can perturb it. It is more agile and active than it appears. It lives in groups by the water. It chews up boulders and trees around its nest with its incisors.

Elekid - The Electric Pokémon. It rotates its arms to generate electricity, making the area between its horns shine light blue. But it tires easily, so it charges up only a little bit. Even in the most vicious storm, this Pokémon plays happily if thunder rumbles in the sky.

Solosis - The Cell Pokémon. They drive away attackers by unleashing psychic power. They can use telepathy to talk with others. Because their bodies are enveloped in a special liquid, they are fine in any environment, no matter how severe.

Each of the screens displayed one pokemon and described them shortly. Tom looked at the screen for a momment before presing the button unfer the screen in the middle, as he did, the rest of the screens went blank and a pokeball fell on the recipient to his right. Tom smiled and took the pokeball. "good choice, Elekid in a good choice for a starter and if you train him correctly, it'll grow up to become a strong pokemon" the professor said. "now, come over here, and choose one of the Pokedex on that table" the man continued. Tom nodded and approached the table, taking a white and blue Pokedex, as soon as he did Prof. Pine approached him with one set of five empty pokeballs "this will help you with your journey" he said. Tom took the pokeballs and put them on an empty pocket in his backpack. He then looked at the pokeball in his hand, he thought to release his Elekid now, but he saw the Lab was getting crowded, better not stall everyone who had gotten there to get their first pokemon, so he decided he would do it outside. Tom put on his backpack again and just as he was about to leave Prof. pine stopped him "wait Tom, I know you are just starting your journey, but maybe this will be of your interest" the man said, giving the boy a flier.

user posted image

"it is from a Tournament held at Pring Town, the first town you'll come across when leaving to the north fo here, they have a category for new trainers so you wouldn't have much trouble if you join" the man continued. Tom nodded and took the flier, maybe it would be interesting to join that tournament, after all, if he wanted to become a pokemon trainer he'd have to have battles with other trainers sooner or later. "thanks Prof. Pine!" the boy said, leaving the building, happily smiling to everybody else that have arrived to the Lab.

LARIEN

Tympole - The Tadpole Pokémon. They warn others of danger by vibrating their cheeks to create a high-pitched sound.

Vulpix - The Fox Pokémon. At the time of its birth, Vulpix has one white tail. The tail separates into six if this Pokémon receives plenty of love from its Trainer. The six tails become magnificently curled.

Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon. The web spun by Spinarak can be considered its second nervous system. It is said that this Pokémon can determine what kind of prey is touching its web just by the tiny vibrations it feels through the web's strands.

ZEIN

Duskull - The Requiem Pokémon. Duskull wanders lost among the deep darkness of midnight. There is an oft-told admonishment given to misbehaving children that this Pokémon will spirit away bad children who earn scoldings from their mothers.

Shellder - The Bivalve Pokémon. Its shell is harder than diamond. It hides in sand on the sea floor and catches prey with its soft tongue. It swims backward by opening and closing its two shells. Its large tongue is always kept hanging out.

Magby - The Live Coal Pokémon. Magby's state of health is determined by observing the fire it breathes. If the Pokémon is spouting yellow flames from its mouth, it is in good health. When it is fatigued, black smoke will be mixed in with the flames.

ICARUS

Starly - The Starling Pokémon. Because they are weak individually, they form groups. However, they bicker if the group grows too big. They flock around mountains and fields, chasing after bug Pokémon. Their singing is noisy and annoying.

Cottonee - The Cotton Puff Pokémon. They go wherever the wind takes them. On rainy days, their bodies are heavier, so they take shelter beneath big trees. When attacked, it escapes by shooting cotton from its body. The cotton serves as a decoy to distract the attacker.

Sneasel - The Sharp Claw Pokémon. Vicious in nature, it drives Pidgey from their nests and feasts on the Eggs that are left behind. Sneasel scales trees by punching its hooked claws into bark. It seeks out unguarded nests and steals Eggs for food while its parents are away.

DANA

Spoink - The Bounce Pokémon. Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop. The pearl on top of its functions to amplify this Pokémon's psychokinetic powers. It is therefore on a constant search for a bigger pearl.

Skorupi - The Scorpion Pokémon. Skorupi lives in arid lands. It buries itself in sand and lies in wait for unsuspecting prey. It grips prey with its tail claws and injects poison. It tenaciously hangs on until the poison takes.

Meowth - The Scratch Cat Pokémon. Meowth withdraws its sharp claws into its paws to slinkily sneak about without making any incriminating footsteps. For some reason, this Pokémon loves shiny coins that glitter with light.

"Get up, ya loser. You're going to end up oversleeping, 'Rent!" Florent responded to the voice by curling up, throwing his sheets over his head, and ignoring his nagging sister. He missed the days when he could manage his own wake-up times, which meant staying bed until eleven. Today was the last day Melissa volunteered to stay behind. Every morning with her around was an early morning, so good riddance.

Hold on. Today? Florent snapped awake, throwing his bedsheets out of the way and nearly headbutting his sister, who stood at his bedside. She was already prepared to leave, with her bug catcher's hat and all. He searched his thoughts, certain that there was something he forgot. He left the same day she did, which meant...

"There ain't going to be no Pokemon left by the time you get there," Melissa casually reminded. "'Cause you wanted to go through this whole ritual of starting fresh, right?" Before he could say anything else, she left to wait for him outside, now that she was sure he was awake.

They always joked that he spent more time than she did in the bathroom every morning. And it was true. Heck, he spent more time picking out his wardrobe than she did. But this morning, he dashed into the kitchen at record pace in the morning. He checked the clock, making sure that he wasn't lied to about the time again, then grabbed his packed bag and ran out the door -- pausing only to lock it. He gave his pokemon -- sweet Lilligant and coy Purrloin, among others -- back to his mother for safekeeping. He said farewell to his parents last night, knowing that they had to work early in the morning the next day.

Florent had already suggested to Melissa that she come and snag a starter as well. She turned the offer down, stating that she already had enough critters to chose from, and already had a Dex that acted as a glorified checklist. Besides, she was happy with her current team. Her Joltik was perched on her shoulder, one of the only bugs he found... kind of cute.

"I never formally said goodbye last time. Sorry," Melissa apologized once Florent made his way outside. She tossed him a bottle of Moomoo Milk.

Florent caught it with both his hands and opened it to drink. "Thanks. Apology accepted." He and his sister butt heads often, but Florent knew if it came down to it, they'd trust each other with their lives. Sure, he sulked over her for long periods of time and bemoaned the very sound of her name, but he learned to see the silver lining. They weren't the immature kids they were two years ago. They could finally say goodbye without messing it up. More or less. (Not that they were never going to see each for years; the Broskii region was large, but an Xtranceiver call was all it took to contact anyone in this day and age.) He stood a moment to watch her take the path out of town and into the wilderness, before he went his own way.

Florent began the short walk to the Pokemon Research Lab. Since he was jostled awake early, he could afford to go at a more leisurely pace. The Lab's exterior was much bigger than he thought it was. When asked to step inside and follow the instructions, it felt almost surreal. The whole place was incredibly futuristic. Even the pokedexes were of the newest model, enough to make Melissa green when envy if he waved one in her face. He came to a room where other trainers were huddled near some sort of machine with screens that spun like slots.

He decided to throw the Braviary-shirt-kid a greeting, since he was getting glared at on top of getting ignored, and Florent was in a good mood this morning.

"Hello Icarus," he said, snatching his extended hand for an extended shake, "Pretty ecxiting day today, don't you think? My name's Florent, by the way. Pleased to meet you."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Alv woke up, his head ached, his back ached, his legs ached… everything ached from last night, he was simply strolling along, minding his own business and looking for a nice campsite when suddenly, a Tauros had to jump out and had to ram him into a tree and had to tread on him for minutes of pain, it eventually left him alone, but still, getting rammed by a Tauros hurts like hell. Today was the day, the day his life will change, the day he was getting a Pokémon. He got changed and packed his bag before going outside his tent to stretch his muscles, it was a nice, sunny day, the grass waved gently with the wind, and he could spot some Oddish prancing around the flowers. He packed his tent and set off to the town, just a few miles off. He looked at his watch, he was late, but he didn’t care, all the other trainers could have their first picks, there was no rush, he should enjoy every bit of travelling, he loved it and nothing could make him– he could hear a few angry snorts behind him, and when he turned around, he saw the Tauros brushing his hoof on the ground and its face red with fury. It was time to run.

Alv sprinted forward as fast as he could, the Tauros just trailing a few inches behind, he could feel the Tauros exhaling right behind him. Oh crap oh crap oh crap, he thought, but he could see the town right up ahead, he was getting closer and closer… the Tauros was retreating! He had beat it! He– slammed through the door of the lab, tried to stop, stumbled, and fell face flat onto the floor. Alv got up embarrassingly; he could feel everyone’s eyes on him. He walked to the crowd of people around a machine.

“Sorry Prof.” He muttered. “I was chased by a Tauros.”

“No need to apologize.” Pine said sincerely. “Let me explain briefly, all the other trainers have already gotten their picks. This machine will decide which Pokémon you will have as your starters, all you have to do is place your hand on the scanner.”

Alv stepped forward, reached out and did exactly what the professor told him.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

"Yeah, exciting day. It's nice to meet you too." He turned his attention back to the professor. "Finally! My starter!" He stepped forward to the machine, feeling excited. He watched the other guy pick his pokemon, followed by the guy who had apparently been chased by a Tauros run

In. Still grinning, he looked at the screen. "Starling, Sneasel, and Cottonee." He closed his eyes to think about his choice.

Finally, he smiled and pressed the first button. The pokeball plopped out and he grabbed it happily. "Yeah!" He pressed the button and his starly came out of the ball. Screeching noisily, the little bird flew across the room in circles."Little guy, get down!" Icarus called. The Starly fortunately obeyed, and landed on his head.

Icarus walked to the table, where the professor handed him 5 pokeballs."Thanks." He picked up a sky-blue pokedex and headed for the door. The professor put a hand on his shoulder."Wait, you should take this." He offers Icarus the flier. The starly grabbed it in its beak. "I think I'll call you Wing-Wings." He reached up to his head to take the flier."Thanks, professor." He opened the door and stepped out.

Zein snickered when Icarus called his Starly "Wing-Wings". It was a rather funny name. Nothing made him laugh. As the screen finished scanning him, he saw the three choices. "Shellder, the bivalve Pokemon". Zein loved ice types, no question about that. But, however, he hated Cloyster. He thought is was overrated. Sure with awesome defense, and decent attack, it was alright, but really all anyone has to do to kill it is switch into a special attacker. Skill Link, however made it a good choice, and all you really have to do to make Shellder good is up its speed. Choice Scarf! But no, that would eliminate the point of its high defense, and so he ultimately decided Shellder wasn't his best choice. It wasn't a primary ice type, anyway, so he immediately kicked that to the curb. Magby and Duskull were both two very good choices, except Magby was a little bit too... balanced. It didn't REALLY specialize in anything except a slight boost in SpAtt. But Duskull had really good defenses. However, starting off with a wall is kind of difficult. It was tedious, and hard. But however, having a wall as your second Pokemon was a good advantage. Duskull would easily be KO'ing low level opponents, and all he REALLY needed to do for it was catch a more offensive Pokemon for his new team. He kicked Magby to the curb, and picked Duskull. He let it out, and put it in his book-bag, where it just kind of peaked out and stared. Pokemon are better than people, he thought. He nodded at professor Pine, and picked up a primarily black Pokedex, with red highlights, to match his Beats. He put the five Pokeballs in his bag, the first thing he would have to do is catch an offensive Pokemon. He was handed the tournament flier by Professor Pine. In Pring Town. He'd visited there once, to watch powerful trainers compete there. He walked out the lab, and pulled out his Duskull, looking it dead in the eye, smiling, saying "Well buddy, we're going to find you a new Pokemon!"

Larien couldn't decide. Everyone else was picking pokemon for their starters, but her choices? Tympole she had seen only once. The poor pokemon wasn't treated very nicely by fellow trainer and had been ultimately released. Later on however, it had evolved and righted that wrong. The trainer finally learned, however the pokemon never went back. It also held a Grass weakness that could kill it in one shot once it got to the final stage. That would be easily counterable, but double weakeness to grass wasn't something she really wanted on her team in the end.

Vulpix would be a good choice. Larien knew how valuable fire types could be to a team. It was originally from the Kanto region, the neighbor to Johto. She could always find better fire types along the tripif needed. For a starter though, it would make a good choice, no doubt, but the last pokemon caught her interest.

Spinarak, as weak as it may seem to any normal trainer, was a pokemon from her home region. She had lived with a few Spinarak before. Along her travels she saw first-hand how strong they could be if trained properly. Ariados in the wild were a force to be reckoned with; alone or by themselves. It would be a different choice from the typical Water, Fire, Grass dominant typing you saw for starters.

Larien made her decision, choosing the spider pokemon Spinarak after taking into account other factors. The pokeball was taken and she strolled over to the table of Pokedex. She chose the pokedex that was primarily maroon with a few darker grey highlights and set that in her bag. She placed the remaining five pokeballs on her belt. She was also handed a flier, and read that over quickly. It was something to consider. Larien was obviously headed there anyway. Maybe she would see a fellow trainer or two. "Thanks Professor." She said with a smile before walking outside.

"Alright Spinarak, come on out!" Larien called, pressing the button to release the spider pokemon. It appeared on her hat, the face pattern on the abdoment seeming to smile. She looked up a little as the pokemon crawled just slightly to see her face. "Hi." She said cheerfully, smiling to the pokemon. "Spinrak!" It called back cheerfully, waving it's right front leg. Larien reached up and shook the leg lightly before turniing her attention back to what was in front of her.

Everyone was starting to leave. The kid with the Duskull seemed to be in a hurry. The Starly kid was somewhat in a hurry too, though he seemed more eager than anything. Her Spinarak clung happily to her hat, trying it's hardest to lift it up and crawl under it to see what was under there. The beanie probably wouldn't fit the spider. In fact, Larien knew it wouldn't completely fit the spider, but she allowed the small pokemon to try and test it as she started off toward Pring Town.

Dana hung back. Most of the other trainers seemed to be older than him - and several seemed more experienced, judging by their calculating expressions as they picked their Pokemon. Isn't that what you're here for, though? His brain piped up again. To get better. And then you'll be like them. Dana nodded, more to convince himself than anything else. The brunette girl picked a Spinarak, who immediately took to its new trainer and clung to her hat. He smiled and made a mental note to go talk to her later.

He shuffled up to a machine and placed his hand on a scanner. The three white screens began to spin, making him feel uncomfortably like he was just playing a game of chance. Still, if it was matched to him, there had to be some cool choices, right?

The slots stopped spinning and he considered his choices. None of his favourites were there - but then that was to be expected, really, wasn't it? No one ever got everything they wanted in life. He nodded to himself again. Well, Skorupi seemed like a good choice. He'd never seen a real one before (his hometown wasn't particularly close to any deserts), but bug types were always exciting. He pressed the middle button and took the Pokeball that appeared.

Professor Pine smiled. "Good choice! Now come get your Pokedex."

Dana picked out a purple one, to match his newly acquired Pokemon, and a few of the Pokeballs - he'd packed some but it was always good to have extra. (And it wasn't as if the professor was going to run out anytime soon. Right?) Then, stuffing everything except his Skorupi into his bag, he sucked in a breath and released the bug Pokemon. It landed gracefully, looked around, then made a clicking sound in Dana's direction.

Dana beamed. "Well, hello! Oh, aren't you just - hang on!" He pulled his Pokedex out again and pointed it at Skorupi. "You're a girl, huh? Wow, and four moves already! Oh, wow." He extended a hand, and Skorupi looked at him as if she wasn't sure what he was trying to do. A few seconds later she climbed onto his arm, and Dana's smile grew even wider. "Alright! Now let's go make some new friends." He skipped toward the brunette, hoping he didn't look too eager. "Hey there! I noticed you got a bug Pokemon too? I'm Dana."

Larien stopped, turning to see a younger boy walk up to her with a Skorupi. The Spinarak on her head had succeeded in prying the front of her beanie off her head, except when it pulled to climb under, the beanie slid partly down Larien's face and the spider flipped itself off her head. She would have tried to catch it properly, had she been able to see. But luckly for them both, her try to catch the pokemon worked and the spider landed in her outstretched hands as she fell forward to her knees.

"Spinarak! Spin!" The pattern changed to a slightly sad face as it was set down upright onto the ground. Larien pulled her beanie back to the slouched position it was in before. "Carefull..." She chuckled, not responding to Dana's announcement for the moment. "I don't think I can do that again Spinarak." She added with a laugh. It was a lucky catch.

Picking herself up, the girl smiled at Dana and held out her hand. "I'm Larien, nice to meet you." She could feel Spinarak climbing its way back up to her head as she spoke, though it only got to her elbow-height as she introduced it. "Yep, I've got a bug type too. This little one here is Spinarak." The pokemon allowed itself to be picked up and shown, the pattern on the abdomen once again smiling. It once again waved its right front leg happily, saying hello. "Spin Spinarak!" It called cheerfully, also acknowledging the Skorupi.

Well, Zein thought, I might as well head off to Pring Town, these losers will serve me no use in getting more powerful Zein headed out to the nearest route, his Duskull floating above his head. "So Duskull," he said, "Do you want to be a Dusclops or a Dusknoir. I suppose Dusknoir is underrated, considering you would be an excellent special defender AND attacker with an Assault Vest on, however, you'd be a better wall with an eviolite as a Dusclops, what do you think, buddy?"

The Duskull looked at him inquisitively.

"Sorry," he said, "I forgot you're too new to talk strategy with, but we'll fix that right up, I can teach you, you know!"

The Duskull grinned at him, but still inquisitively. "Skuskull!" he cried.

Zein smiled at the Duskull, who rested levitating above his head. Zein walked into the grass, hoping to find a wild Pokémon.

Event

Again I'll post your options and you choose your pokemon. The go choose a Pokedex and have pine give you the set of five empty pokeballs along with the flier. As for the rest, feel free to interact with anyone else you ffeel like to.

Florent

Chikorita - The Leaf Pokémon. In battle, Chikorita waves its leaf around to keep the foe at bay. However, a sweet fragrance also wafts from the leaf, becalming the battling Pokémon and creating a cozy, friendly atmosphere all around.

Sewaddle - The Sewing Pokémon. This Pokémon makes clothes for itself. It chews up leaves and sews them with sticky thread extruded from its mouth.

Meditite - The Meditate Pokémon. Meditite undertakes rigorous mental training deep in the mountains. However, whenever it meditates, this Pokémon always loses its concentration and focus. As a result, its training never ends.

Alv

Roggenrola - The Mantle Pokémon. Compressed underground, its body is as hard as steel. The hexagonal-shaped hole is its ear. It has a tendency to walk in the direction the sound is coming from.

Goomy - The Soft Tissue Pokémon. The weakest Dragon-type Pokémon, it lives in damp, shady places, so its body doesn't dry out. It's covered in a slimy membrane that makes any punches or kicks slide off it harmlessly.

Buizel - The Sea Weasel Pokémon. Buizel swims by rotating its two tails like a screw. When it dives, its flotation sac collapses. It inflates the flotation sac around its neck and pokes its head out of the water to see what is going on.

Note: I really wanted to give you soemthing like a Bagon, but it kept throwing Goomy and no Bagon, so I had to add it.

Zein

Zein's wishes to find a wild pokemon soon become truth. While walking through the tall grass he came across clearing, dryed ground. he could see a small Caterpie move through the dry land but it suddenly stopped. A Sandshrew came out of the ground, creating a hole in the ground and lunging its claws on the green caterpillar. Without noticing the boy or his pokemon, it started knawing on the gerrn bug's flesh, having an early lunch with the now dead pokemon.

Me

"well, i'll see you soon then" A voice said, coming from the monitor at Prof. Pine's office. Soon the person on the other end hung up and only "Johto Communications Systems" could read on the screen. The boy smiled and hung up as well. He took the pokeball containing his starter and put it on his belt. He then took the black and red pokedex and the five pokeballs Pine had agve him earlier in the morning and put them in his pocket and backpack respectively. He passed through the corridor next to the room were the PSS Machine was, making sure not to be noted and interrupt the process. He smiled "it is crowded here, good thing I got you early before anyone else had come" he said to the pokeball now in his hand.

The boy left the building through the backdoor leading to the large ranch. He went to the farthest part in the back and greeted the two pokemon there. "well... I guess I won't be seeing you in a while" he told the pokeon as he pet. The Gyarados and Tyranitar appraoched him with sad faces, the Tyranitar even snuggled against his black jacket, the boy's dark red eyes watered a bit. His friend had entrusted these pokemon to him and even when he had his blessing to leave on his journey and have pine take care of them, he felt guilty for leaving them. But it had to be done " do not worry, Devon will be back soon" he said. Both Gyarados and Tyranitar seemed to like the news. The boy took his backpack and turned around, preparing for leaving whenhe heard the Gyarados roaring, but not a threatening one, he knew it was for another reason. He took the pokeball and released the small shark like creature from it. "Gible!" cried the blue pokemon as he was out again. "do not worry, I have chosen my starter from Pine's machine, and look, he's even a dragon just like you two, don't worry I'll be fine" he said. The Giblel smiled and approached the pokemon "gible, gible!" he said, as if convincing the two pokemon. They started talking? among them and in the end they nodded at Gible, roaring at the boy with a smile on their faces. he knew they were fine with him leaving now. "I hope to see you both again soon" he said before biding the farewell to them and left the Lab's grounds, Gible walking by his side.

"Well, I just hope we find strong partners just like those two don't you think Gible?" the boy said. Gible nodded. Soon, they have left But Town behind in where on route to Pring Town, holding the flier of the tournament, the boy knew where he wanted to go next.

Zein smiled, as he saw the Sandshrew eating the Caterpie. He was a sneaky killer, ruthlessly devouring the Caterpie with no warning. It was a small act of predatorism, which at this point, could be expanded on to make him a ruthless, yet sneaky attacker, burrowing underground, and releasing its sharp claws on opponents, like a trapdoor spider. He knew what to do.

At this point, Duskull knew two moves. Night shade, and leer. Night shade would do approximately 2/7 of its health, so he knew to use it. "Duskull, use Night Shade, on the Sand Shrew!"

The Duskull stared back at him inquisitively.

"NOW!" he called

The dark purple cloud grew over the Duskull's head, in an expanding manner, and sped toward the Sandshrew

A few days in the new region, and already Xander was well known... well to a small family in the woods if that could be even be counted. It wasn't even much of a big deal. He had done things like this for most of his life, but apparently this family thought it was a bigger deal than he did. The Ursaring wasn't even troublesome.

A few hours ago Xander had been taking a relaxing trip through the woods, when he suddenly heard a scream of terror originating ahead of him. As he rushed toward the scream, he heard what sounded like heavy feet hitting the ground, then he heard the roar. As he burst into the clearing, he realized what he had heard earlier. A little girl of about six years old was cowering in front of a fully grown Ursaring, which was what the stomping was coming from. The rest of the family was a little ways behind, the father trying to distract the giant bear but failing miserably. Xander ran in front of the Ursaring and glared at it, while puffing his chest slightly.

"Ursaring, the hibernating pokemon. And by looking at it's fur, it's a female.", he said to the people behind him as he continued looking the Ursaring in the eye. Thankfully, as soon as he moved in front of it, the little girl ran to the rest of her family. "Ursarings are not a naturally violent pokemon, mainly using violence to scare people or other pokemon out of it's territory...", then he developed a crazy idea, "Or, to protect it's young.", he stated calmly, when he saw the Ursaring back down slightly. "If you all could please stay where you are, I will be back in a while, don't move until we are both out of sight", he called over to the family as he started following the Ursaring.

To make a long story short, the Ursaring's baby Teddiursa had been poisoned a while ago and it's mother had simply been looking for the berries to cure it. Which the girl had been picking. So, Xander calmly placated the Ursaring and treated it's Teddiursa with an Antidote. When he came back the family graciously thanked him and allowed him to stay with them for the rest of the day, since night was almost starting. In the morning, the father tried to give him a bike for his travels when he learned that Xander was heading to Professor Pine's lab. He politely declined the offer, but was unable to reject the offer that if he was ever back in the area he could stay with them for free.

Which brings us back to the present, with Xander being a few thousand Pokédollars richer, and just about to step into Nut Town. He did a bit of research on the region, but could strangely not find any information about the regions starter pokemon. He knew that it probably didn't have any new pokemon, with instead having a diverse array of pokemon from all six regions he had been to, or heard about from his father. Xander then noticed that a few trainers were already rushing out of the giant building, what he assumed was the professors lab. Duskull. Skorupi. Spinarak. Starly. And a uhhh....Elekid?, Xander thought to himself as he saw the pokemon. What is this labs deciding process, toss a pokeball at a trainer and hope they don't give the trainers a Arceus? He stopped in his tracks as he saw one of the trainers. "Larien?", he said confusedly, maybe slightly too loud.

((I was going to continue on and head into the Lab, but couldn't resist. Okay with you DH? And yes Ryu, he travelled, not through Pring Town, but diagonally through the unmarked land. Also, hmm, this seemed longer when I was typing it.))

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by greenking13

Larien looked over to who had unknowingly called her name. Xander? Really? In all her years she wasn't expecting to see Xander here- especially here of all places. She had met him in Johto where she found out he had also lived. Met his father too, though his father didn't quite seem to acknowledge the meeting at the time. She composed herself, excusing herself from Dana, though allowing the Spinarak to hop on to the fellow trainer to converse with the Skorupi and its owner. Hopefully that wasn't minded. She didn't realize right then that the spider also had craftly stolen her hat using part of the web.

Larien turned her attention fully to Xander, looking him over slightly to be sure it was him. "Long time no see Xander." She stated happily, smiling wide to show she recognized him. It had been a while since they had last seen each other. "How are things fairing with you? Hopefully your travel here hasn't been too much of a dreary one." She added, glancing back to check on Spinarak. It seemed exceedingly happy getting to chat.

"How are things fairing with you? Hopefully your travel here hasn't been too much of a dreary one.", Larien asked.

Xander smiled slightly, a few days in the region, and already he knew this was going to be a great time. "When have you ever known either of our lives to be dreary Miss "Seven Badges"?", he chuckled at his little comment. Although they hadn't seen each other in years, he still did hear things about her through the grapevine. He had heard of something about why she had stopped the Johto League, but was too worried to ask about it.

"Anyways, the trip here wasn't too eventful, the boat ride was fantastic, the boat had a few rooms where you could view the underwater pokemon, which as you can guess, is where I spent most of my time. I did hit a small hitch in my travels here, instead of traveling the route that the ship director gave me, I decided to travel though the forests north-east of here, and had a small problem with an Ursaring. Apparently, it's young was injured by a poison type pokemon, and it was frantically searching for pecha berries, which unfortunately a little girl was picking... anyways, it all got resolved, and I think I might know a nifty place to find a Teddiursa.", he finished his story, wondering what had happened in her life for the past few years.

"So... how have you been?", Xander asked questioningly. He then noticed the small pokemon on her shoulder. "So, you picked a Spinarak as your starter. Have a soft spot for poison types?"

Zein

The Sandshrew was unaware of the pokemon and its trainer so when it felt the sudden drop down of light, it figured it was getting late and went back to its hole on the ground. It took it a couple seconds to finish knawing the Caterpie corpse and notice the light outside, could it mean it was delusional or soemthing? Intrigued the pokemon went out again, no darkness to be found, instead it noticed a boy with a Duskull floating next to him. Sandshrew's eyes turned into a threatening glare, they must have been the reason why it thought it was getting late, maybe they blocked the sunlight off of it. Sandshrew jumped out of the hole and taking a deep breath, or so it appeared, it started spitting poisonous barbs against the duo, effectively hitting the Duskull with them."shrew!" it called as if telling them to go away.

((I'M TRYING SO HARD TO NOT GIVE DANA CONFIDENCE ISSUES ALL MY CHARACTERS HAVE CONFIDENCE ISSUES))

Dana giggled. He'd always thought the little faces on Spinaraks' backs were funny. How did they work, though? He would have to look that up later. "Nice to..."

A boy walked into their conversation (quite literally, actually - Dana had to step to the side to avoid a collision) and began chatting with Larien. They seemed to know each other, and...seven badges? Dana stared owlishly at the both of them. Apparently he was even more outclassed than he'd previously thought.

Well, brain, any useful advice for me now? He thought. No response. He huffed. Figures. Well then. "Or possibly bug-types! Don't you think bugs are cool? In fact, we," he shuffled a step closer to Larien, "were discussing our starter choices just a moment ago." Too much passive-aggression? He didn't even know the other guy's name yet. He was considering regretting that decision, just a little. Skorupi watched silently from her vantage point wrapped around his arm.