Laugh

Radiant Angel Breeding!

Okay so TJ's 2014 Valentine hatchie has grown up! It's called a Radiant Angel!

user posted image

Description: Radiant Angel Dragons are known for their intuition—they always seem to know when someone is feeling down, and will do what they can to provide cheer. These dragons are curious and will poke their noses into anything. They communicate with one another by making sounds similar to singing. It is said that the golden feathers shed from their whiskers can rekindle lost feelings of love.

For one, I know I can't wait for them to be mated with the following:

- Silver

- Blusang

- Grave

- Terrae

- Moonstone

- Sunrise

And I'm still thinking of more to come!

Edit: People should post, yeah? e__e

Edited by Saynna

They look very Lumina-friendly. :-)

I'm going to put together a breeding chart soon, but it's Monday morning and we're all back at work and aaaaargh... I just want to play Dragon Cave! Hahaha.

I've tried so many pairings and I couldn't help thinking that they look gorgeous with every possible pairing out there. xd.png

Autumn wub.gif

Blusang

Brimstone

Gold

Gold Shimmer

Lumina

Magi

Moonstone

Royal Blue

Snow Angel ohmy.gif

Spitfire (my personal favorite 8D)

Swallowtail

It's a shame they can't be bred with male Tan Ridgewings. *sob*

@Sheriziya That Royal Crimson pairing... blink.gif It's so beautiful!

Edited by Evolette

A little sample of breeding ideas -- I'm in love with the entire first row. And GW, Magma, Sunset, Red, and Albino. And Magi...and Whiptail...and Swallowtail...

user posted image

Colorwise, they go rather well with Albinos, Blusangs and Balloon, having same shade of white.

Radiant Angel and Solstice looks pretty good to my eyes, too.

Solstice & Radiant Angel

Edit: Paired with Water dragons, works also to my eyes.

Water & Radiant Angel

Edited by Arachlia

Since the sprite is so detailed*, I would only breed them to dragons that don't have too many different colors. Magi or Sunstones, maybe Blacks (I think those are used too often, but might be really suitable here).

* Sadly, lineage images can hardly do justice to such beautiful dragon sprites. I'm NOT suggesting changes to the lineage images though. That would make Schrödinger's cat unhappy. tongue.gif

Does anyone know if there's a chance of getting a Red Stripe from a StripexRadiantAngel pairing?

We can only hope laugh.gif

I like the Crimson combo best right now, though some of the others may grow on me. I agree that a solid color mate looks best--

@Sheriziya That Royal Crimson pairing... blink.gif It's so beautiful!

Thanks smile.gif I think that's the first I'm going to make. Perhaps I'll make something with the Speckle-throated as well. Although that will be quite a light-colored lineage.

Solstices, on-season. For the rest of the year, one will get paired up with a Blusang at some point. Female Swallowtail is rather nice too. Copper might look good - if I only had a CB green copper, I think that would be lovely. Or Daydream, maybe...?

Aaaah so many choices. xd.png

I've got a few ideas:

with Royal Crimsons

with Speckle-Throated (yes, this is a male with male, but it's the colors I had been wondering about. I don't have a female speckle-throated myself yet.)

with Sunstone

I've also checked with a blacktip, but I'm not too sure about that.

I love all of these! The Royal Crimson is definitely my favorite pairing, though the Radiant Angels also look fabulous with Gold and not too bad with red Nebula. wub.gif

I think I'll probably be using Crimsons, though I wish I had at least one female CB Gold to breed them with...

I placed some dragons next to one another to see how they looked. I have links to each of the images below:

Radiant Angel x Lumina: The white doesn't quite match but I am liking the gold in each and the similar positioning.

Radiant Angel x Red-finned Tidal: I like the positioning of their bodies and their frills. I might think about using this one, too.

Radiant Angel x Royal Crimson: Also a very nice pairing that matches well. Royal Crimsons generally look nice with most red dragons.

Radiant Angel x Seasonal (Autumn): I like the sort of "opposite" positions and the colour trim, but I'm not sure how I feel about the different art styles together.

Radiant Angel x Stripe (Red): The gold/red colour scheme is nice, although the shades of red are different.

Radiant Angel x Stripe (White): Bothers me for the some reason the Lumina does; different shades of white. I really like the gold in each, though.

I usually only have one "forever" mate for each of my dragons, so I'll have to choose very carefully...!

Edited by Selm

@Selm: The Gilded Bloodscale does look good, but remember that it's a two-headed dragon! You can't breed them with normal dragons like a Radiant Angel, unfortunately. sad.gif I do agree with you about the Lumina and Stripe... I think a Blacktip matches a bit better, even if it still isn't perfect.

Edited by Dimar

@Selm: The Gilded Bloodscale does look good, but remember that it's a two-headed dragon! You can't breed them with normal dragons like a Radiant Angel, unfortunately. :( I do agree with you about the Lumina and Stripe... I think a Blacktip matches a bit better, even if it still isn't perfect.

D'oh! I had so much fun looking for colour matches that it completely slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder, I'll be sure to take that down so I don't taunt anyone else with lovely impossible pairings... :'(

Mine are going to be bred with Luminas (which means I will now have two Holiday lines with Luminas [my other is Wrapping Wing]): Radiant x Lumina

Though I am also considering Snow Angels as they are both 'Angels' and have the Feathered wings: Radiant x Snow

And I like the contrast between them and Tangar as well: Radiant x Tangar

@Selm - why not pair them with Bleeding Moon - they have a similar (albeit lighter) color scheme to the Bloodscales

Edited by ShorahNagi

ShorahNagi- I thought about that, but I like the base colour of the Bloodscale better. I will have to think about it more though :)

I like the idea of the "angel" pairings, but they look rather nice with Luminas! Decisions, decisions...!

I think for me, I want a mate whose colors really go well with it, and that means that if the mate sprite is white or blue, it needs to be the same warm white or cream, or a warm blue. Anything too white seems to clash -- at least, to my eyes!

I think it looks amazing with Sunstone, Red-Finned Tidal, Red Nebula, Royal Crimson, Red, Albino, Golden Wyvern, Magma, Magi, Swallowtail, and Ember. I really enjoy pairing the Radiant Angel with a deep red that matches the details in its body, like the Royal Crimson, or a slightly golden/orangey yellow like the Golden Wyvern.

It's a shame that it doesn't seem to quite go with the Lumina, because they have a similar orange and similar texturing. But the Lumina has such a cold, stark white, compared to the warm cream of the Radiant Angel. I had the same issue with the Blacktip, White, Moonstone, Shadow Walker, and Royal Blue -- the cold color schemes just didn't complement it well enough for my tastes. I want to match it with something warm and glowing!